;

Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 658239 times)

Babomb

• Unperson
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian 420 Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. old
    • Awards
Re: The Non-Goon Feminism Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:57 PM »
I'm all for equal rights for equal performance. 

The problem is absolutely no person who I've ever encountered on the internet has been for that, instead they all want to abolish the "patriarchy" (which has been abolished and is on its way out) and want more rights for women and less for men.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 06:24:10 PM »
+3
I'm all for equal rights for equal performance. 

The problem is absolutely no person who I've ever encountered on the internet has been for that, instead they all want to abolish the "patriarchy" (which has been abolished and is on its way out) and want more rights for women and less for men.

It all comes down to Equal Opportunity vs Equal Results. Many people are fine with everyone getting the same chances for success and different levels of income for different levels of commitment. As a result they are happy with where they are in life overall. They may be working seasonally or part time and have less money as a result but enjoy backpacking during the off time which cost them very little. Others want a big house and nice car and are willing to put in the extra hours to make it happen.

Another growing group of people are petulant children. Their parents spoiled them and told them they could do whatever they wanted. The first generation of this was the baby boomers however because there is so many people in that group the shitheads are diluted. The next several generations are progressively more self-centered with these negative thought patterns reinforced through parents and grand parents.

This second group only cares about themselves so when they look back at their wasted life and ask "why did my dreams not come true?" they are unable to blame themselves in any way. They look at the statistics by race, gender, socioeconomic status, country of birth, age, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, and whatever other way to slice it that has available data. From this they find results that are "not fair" black people are 18% of the population but they are not 18% of neurosurgeons. Women are 50% of the population but not 50% of the presidents and astronauts. I guess that by being born a black woman the odds are against me becoming a neurosurgeon president. There is nothing I can do it is just the system holding me down.

It is really sad because it all seems to come from a misunderstanding of statistics. Not for the self-centered grown-child who first points their flabby finger but for others who buy it. Anyone who has actually taken statistics class and payed attention would understand that true randomness does not look "random" to humans. They will always be able to pick out patterns and links where none exist.

Nate Higgers

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot United Statesian You can't know! Futurist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
+1
If she grew up poor, then the top 1% of her highschool means an OK face and not obese and/or pregnant by 20. Being hot enough to live off of a sugar daddy and never have to work is like a 1 in 100,000 level of hotness.
1 in 100,000 never have to work? You joking?

Most men aspire to make enough money so their wives don't have to work. And of those that do make enough money, most of the wives don't work. Or if they do, it's some time-killing job like an elementary school librarian that adds a negligible amount and lets them be around the kids.

And most hot women find men who make a good upper-middle class income where they don't work. It's more like 1/3 hot women, it certainly isn't 1/100,000 or anywhere even close to that.

He said the goal was to "be rich as fuck" and "NEVER WORK.  NOT ONCE, NOT EVER". Most women who are housewives still have to hold down some sort of part-time job while they get their MRS at least. And just making enough for your wife to stay home does not make you rich as fuck.

The chances are still low.  Mostly because a super hot yet poor woman is unlikely to be in the same locations/hangouts as a rich guy who can make it possible for her not to work.  She'd have to make a concerted effort to try to run in those rich guy circles.  In 2014, that probably means she'd have to be a club whore who would bum enough free drinks and suck enough cocks until she got into the right groups.  Then she'd have to snare some beta who wouldn't treat her like a club whore.  It would still be easier for a woman to do it than a man but the odds are still low. 

The overall expectations for women and employment are low.  I know of several girls in their late 20s who hold down only part time jobs but think that it is pathetic if a man their age has the same arrangement.  They're hoping to land a husband of considerable means who will take them out of their $10-12 an hour part time gigs.  All of them have degrees, some of them Masters Degrees (in useless shit like Psychology, Sociology, and no shit Hotel Management) but they all work low end jobs by choice.  Their lives are focused on landing a long term boyfriend who will marry them.  In fact, this is pretty much all they talk about but consider themselves independent feminists.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 09:11:35 AM by A Shitposting HEGEL »

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 11:05:50 AM »
+1
I find it funny that western feminism has sunk to levels where people cheer NWS http://i.imgur.com/D6w2zZ8.jpg NWS doing this on the high alter on chistmas day as a striking blow against the patriarchy and not some uncultured act.

That's why I hate 99.9% of Western feminists. They seem to fit within 4 categories:

1 - Tumblr twats who complain mostly about video games and movies and inconsequential shit
2 - Beta males and troons
3 - Feminists who shit on the West while defending Islam and other actual oppressive patriarchal regimes
4 - "Activists" who protest the most useless shit (FEMEN, the Oxbridge jello fights, etc..)

The ratio of those four versus women who actually go out and help other women with something that matters (whether here or abroad) seems to be seriously like 1:1000

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »
+5
The Kardashians are literal proof that if you are talentless but hot you can fuck your way to success.
Message me when the next SASS clone gets started

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
Yeah but the father was a famous athlete already and I forget about the mother. So they were rich (although not even close to what they are now) and had connections.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »
+2
yeah the idea that "oh man if you're hot you can fuck your way to success!!" depends on who, Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton?

Sorry but if you're hot but talentless you can't fuck your way to fame unless you're also the heir of millions/billions with the right connections

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »
+5
yeah the idea that "oh man if you're hot you can fuck your way to success!!" depends on who, Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton?

Sorry but if you're hot but talentless you can't fuck your way to fame unless you're also the heir of millions/billions with the right connections

Kim and Paris are examples on the extreme end but similar class movement is possible at lower levels. A hot but poor girl has less of a chance of marrying a millionaire but they may marry a man who makes 90k a year programming. A woman making 90k a year programming is less likely to marry a poor man. Some women consider the mere gaze of a homeless man to be sexual assult.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 09:19:28 PM »
+1
The Kardashians are literal proof that if you are talentless but hot you can fuck your way to success.

no wrong they were already rich and paid for all that publicity to get their name off the ground, the sex tape was intentional, you are a rube
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

White Power Superhero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. Black Chick Better dead than red Methodist United Statesian 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 06:52:58 AM »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 11:51:26 PM »
http://thefire.org/article/9865.html

Jesus Christ. The scary thing is when these people graduate and expect the real world to operate the same way. Though if there's any hope the person who wrote this:
just wanted to remind you all that floor meetings ARE mandatory. While I am a very understanding person, there is NO WAY that HALF of you weren't able to make it last night. Also, NONE of you e-mailed me about prior commitments...The content is IMPORTANT! Here at the University of Delaware, living in the residence halls is a Living-Learning Experience, meaning that you'll learn just as much, if not MORE, in the residence halls. Like it or not, you all are the future Leaders, and the world is Diverse, so learning to Embrace and Appreciate that diversity is ESSENTIAL.
is enjoying a career as a barista somewhere and has no authority. I hope.

Also
http://www2.myacpa.org/social-csje-home
Lol look at all dose white people
 :stewart:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:54:39 PM by Duck-O-Tron 2000 »
I am a lifelong physically disabled person and I happily identify as “disabled”, a part of the “disability rights movement” and when I am with other disabled people, I call myself a “crip”.

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:16 AM »
Also
http://www2.myacpa.org/social-csje-home
Lol look at all dose white people
 :stewart:

hahaha never have so many pasty faggots tried so hard to feel so offended

here's part of a blog post where one of them writes about Oregon privilege (no joke)

Quote from: http://acpacsje.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/buying-oregon-by-drew-terhune/
The group was a male/female couple who live in Eugene and their friend, a man visiting from their hometown in the general area of San Francisco. As they were discussing what he should do while he’s here, the out-of-towner asked the other guy where the best coffee in Eugene is. After naming a few places, the woman laughed and said, “Can I just observe what a Northwest conversation we’re having right now?” I stopped listening at this point, because I was getting fired up, and I managed to hold it in until we were seated, when my friends kindly permitted me to let off some steam.

The author "has a BA from Oregon in Classics and History"  :putin: no shit?

Nate Higgers

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot United Statesian You can't know! Futurist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 09:56:35 PM »
+2
Another article of black on white feminist attacks:

http://thecoloredfountain.net/2013/12/31/a-year-in-review-2013/

Yes, it is called the colored fountain.  Don't click unless you want to see an angry black womyn talk shit about white chicks.

The tl;dr version is that some black chick is pissed that white chicks didn't give Beyonce her due.  Who gives a shit?  Feminists are so obsessed with wrongthink that they believe that if a feminist wants to talk about something in pop culture, everyone needs to divert their attention to it.  So when strong womyn of color wanted to talk about Beyonce, they assumed everyone needed to drop what they were doing and talk about whether she is a feminist in spite of calling her tour the Mrs. Carter tour.  So when not every white feminist was willing to stop rubbing their clits about Lena Dunham to write umpteen twitter messages and inane blog posts about Beyonce, black womyn got mad.  Real mad.  Them griping about white women's lack of obsession with Beyonce hit the feminist blogs hard.

Through cursory reviews, it seems like the infighting between feminists hasn't died down in 2014, especially between races.  Black feminists online are having a virtual chimpout on white feminists.  Not that I disagree.  It's pretty obvious that most white feminists come from upper class or upper middle class families where she could spend her life bitching about the patriarchy by just living off of a trust fund.  Seriously, look up the backgrounds of these women and you will see that they came from rich families, went to ivy league schools, and never have to worry about living from paycheck to paycheck.  Their lives are sheltered like the typical privileged goon who feels some kind of guilt about living well but you'd be damned to find them donating their trust fund to a women's shelter or setting up a scholarship for black women.  It just isn't done because their guilt is to the extent that they can shame others without inconveniencing themselves.

On that note: http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health-and-behavior/women-arent-welcome-internet-72170/

I talked about this in the goon feminist thread but again, search their names: a bunch of well off white women who write evil shit about men but absolutely don't want to deal with the consequences of their blogs.  White feminists willing to offer an olive branch are trying to say that instead of fighting eachother, it's time to continue to spew bile about men instead of wondering just how useful angry social justice rage is.  I suspect black feminists are going to continue to attack white feminists because they sense blood.  They know they can slowly get white womyn to crack and self flagellate in order to respect the oppression pyramid.  It's going to be a fun and interesting year for online feminism because like all stupid and shitty left wing causes, it is inevitable that they turn on their own.  It's how all of those radical hippie groups petered out: not due to the FBI but because they quibble over the differences and collapse.  While I'm not naive enough to think that feminism is going to start on the decline this year, the situation is being set up for it.  Men will continue to get assraped in divorce court for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:58:22 PM by A Shitposting HEGEL »

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Classicist Arizona TNE Veteran Ave Maria cold, dead hands Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 10:36:52 PM »
+8
LOL fucking U of Delaware. Let me give you a little fucking story to illustrate how typical lefty whitebread that place is.

Delaware has U of D, which was for white people historically, and then Delaware State University (DSU), which is a HBCU.  For EVER UD and DSU did not play football against each other because of some conference bullshit or something IDK.  However a few years ago, maybe 2007/8 I think, UD and DSU were going to play football against each other....

And UD hired like four different law enforcement agencies on top of private contract security to keep the game safe.  I mean the place was flooded with badges, because the liberals whites were absolutely terrified of a fucking chimpout while they were talking about how much they had they decreased their racism from the last meeting.  Pretty much illustrates the "I love niggers as long as I don't have to deal with them" mindset of your typical hipster liberal.

White Power Superhero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. Black Chick Better dead than red Methodist United Statesian 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
+1
I miss the days when HBCUs meant something to the black community, when black people who worked their way to even be able to attend college, HBCU or not, cherished their educational opportunities and were going and studying rigorous shit and not just playing Football as J'a'quell Jackson.

Nate Higgers

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:20 PM »
+1
http://jezebel.com/a-man-is-facing-jail-for-harassing-women-online-and-it-1497322836

Trigger Warning: Jezebel
Trigger Warning: Lindy West, a feminist so fat she can't buckle her belt on planes without an extender (no, seriously)

Looks like Canada and the UK is sentencing trolls for harassing strong womyn on Twitter.  The author bitches about how people aren't doing enough to stop misogynist trolls.  The author states that these sites are starting to take action and Twitter is rolling out a "Report Abuse" function.  I wonder if it works the other way around.  If there is a tweet from some angry bitch about how all men are rapists, if we report her stupid and shitty tweet, will it get taken down?  If these sites are balanced without an agenda, this is a potent weapon against wymynysts that they don't realize they introduced.  I suspect that these TOS rules will be based on "gender neutral" aka man hating rules where women can talk all the shit they want about men but anything about women will get taken down quickly.  Even if they do go for a balanced TOS, feminists will mount a campaign when a strong womyn's tweet gets taken down because it was against the rules.

At this point I wonder what the fuck is the value of social networking if you're a white dude.  I'm against harassing people online but it seems like you're walking on eggshells, especially if you are a white cis male because an innocent comment could get you fired these days.  I don't have a Twitter account and I don't comment on Youtube videos.  I have a Facebook that I use on occasion but even then, I'm wondering if it is worth it to just shut it down.  Inevitably, social networking will be judged based on your position on the oppression pyramid and even white women are losing jobs because of what they say online.  It seems to me that it is a good idea to have a Facebook group of your close friends and that's it.  In fact, that is the way social networking should be.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:32:14 PM by A Shitposting HEGEL »

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 08:36:46 PM »
+4
Social media is some Wargames shit. The only way to win is not to play. This applies to the white male getting shitcanned over a wrongthink facebook status and a feminist womyn getting harassed on twitter equally, but for some reason these jezebel bloggers who consider themselves the vanguard of an intellectual movement can't piece it together. If you want to share your shit with the general public, you have to be prepared for a backlash. For some reason being twittered 'I'm gonna rape you' has been decided as the most triggering thing possible and a declaration of intent and means to commit the rape, meaning any woman on the receiving end of this 'threat' has to suddenly fear for her vaginal future

Here's one from the same windbag: (trigger warnings: laziness, the unique SJW combination of apathy and outrage)

http://jezebel.com/we-must-not-shut-up-about-how-women-are-treated-on-the-1496622407

We Must Not Shut Up About How Women are Treated on the Internet

If you actually give a shit about a problem (and I don't mean a "problem" like "the co-op is out of Honeycrisps," I mean a PROBLEM PROBLEM), then you don't just lodge your complaint and sit back down while the world rolls on around you. You do not shut up until that problem is fixed. You repeat and reframe and repeat and reframe and message, message, message, and eventually—hopefully—you manage to lodge that message somewhere in the public consciousness. That is how things move forward.

And when you complain, you're told you're being "oversensitive" or "focusing on the negative" or "letting the trolls win" or, the classic, "destroying freedom of speech." (Hey, um, quick aside: I know your "freedom" to send me rape threats without having your feelings hurt makes up MOST of the text of the First Amendment, but what about my freedom to use the internet safely? The way that straight white dudes—the people with the most freedom in every way that you can possibly quantify "freedom" as a concept—have managed to appropriate the idea of freedom to limit the freedom of other people who are trying to assert their freedom is FUCKING BONKERS. And now I never want to see the word "freedom" again.)

I've long embraced my role as a broken-record Red Ajah nightmare shrew, and if weathering a few tweets of "zzzzzzzzzz" and "UGH, WE GET IT, YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE" here and there is the price for being even marginally helpful in some large-scale way, then I'm happy to do it. W-evs.

:goonette:  If there's a problem, the best way to deal with it is to complain until someone else does something to fix it. That's how I'm doing my part!

AS

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 02:25:34 PM »
I was told to come here to discuss gender and sexuality. I understand you guys are of the camp that believe that if you have a penis, you are male, and if you have a vagina, you are female, and thats that. What I usually bring up first in this sort of discussion is the concept of the 3rd Gender. In many cultures, there is a gender that is outside the traditional male and female, with its own unique role in society. One example is the two-spirit in some Native American tribes. Here a wikipedia page that goes into mroe depth about the concept that I reccomend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender

Another topic I like to bring up to show how powerful greater society can be in our expression of gender and sexuality is the topic of Greek culture and homosexuality. In Greek culture, it was normal to have man to boy sexual relations. Does this mean that the Greeks were just "born this way?" Of course not! To them, it was not a question of being gay or straight, it was a question of being passive or aggressive, penatrative or receptive. This ancient social institution is just one example that shows  that sexuality is not nearly as clear cut and simple as it is made out to be. Thats all I'll post for now, hope everyone enjoys!

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »
+3
a first of many 888s to come

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »
+1
Shouldn't evolution remove XXYs from the gene pool since they are too disgusting to reproduce with?

Aren't we mocking nature by allowing them to attempt to live a normal life as the gender of their choice?

AS

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 02:31:31 PM »
a first of many 888s to come

i dont understand this, please explain thanks.
Shouldn't evolution remove XXYs from the gene pool since they are too disgusting to reproduce with?

Aren't we mocking nature by allowing them to attempt to live a normal life as the gender of their choice?

maybe mocking coservative ideals, but not mocking nature. i dont think nature cares.

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
maybe mocking coservative ideals, but not mocking nature. i dont think nature cares.

So you don't believe in evolution or natural selection?

Hashtag Activist

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 02:39:03 PM »
What are your preferred pronouns?

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
+12
"third gender" crap is just how superstitious dirt people deal with their homos, it's no more enlightened than believing that the sun is a giant person
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57:43 PM »
I was told to come here to discuss gender and sexuality. I understand you guys are of the camp that believe that if you have a penis, you are male, and if you have a vagina, you are female, and thats that. What I usually bring up first in this sort of discussion is the concept of the 3rd Gender. In many cultures, there is a gender that is outside the traditional male and female, with its own unique role in society. One example is the two-spirit in some Native American tribes. Here a wikipedia page that goes into mroe depth about the concept that I reccomend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender

Another topic I like to bring up to show how powerful greater society can be in our expression of gender and sexuality is the topic of Greek culture and homosexuality. In Greek culture, it was normal to have man to boy sexual relations. Does this mean that the Greeks were just "born this way?" Of course not! To them, it was not a question of being gay or straight, it was a question of being passive or aggressive, penatrative or receptive. This ancient social institution is just one example that shows  that sexuality is not nearly as clear cut and simple as it is made out to be. Thats all I'll post for now, hope everyone enjoys!

This seems like a body acceptance issue. Native American "Two Spirits" of the Illiniwek tribe did not have access to hormone treatments or gender reassignment surgery. If you wanted to stay home and cook instead of hunt you where welcome to but you still had to accept your penis if you had one. There is nothing wrong with accepting your body for what it is. The mind and body are two separate entities entirely.

Human thoughts are perfectly natural but mutilation of a healthy body is never healthy.