;

Author Topic: GBS RSS  (Read 40301 times)

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
GBS RSS
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:49:11 PM »
+3
From the thread about Travellers (irish gypsies):

That's why the government giving them a place to live if they settle down is outright insulting. They might still be bogged down by years of back-taxes and insurance for their cars and shit, so why settle down if it involves marrying yourselves to a huge debt? Plus, the police might come back and haunt them with some crime they might have committed while trying to scrape by. There might be additional debt in the form of tickets and fines as well from their lives as travelers without sanctioned places to live.

The government should just outright pardon and erase everything from the past concerning that person/family if the offer of settling down in a house is accepted.

Do this and you won't have any debt-ridden travelers with criminal records anymore.

Next up: solve your country's crime problem by removing all laws. You'll be crime-free then!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:47:49 PM by Dog-O-Tron 5000 v4.0 »

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Strayan Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands
    • Awards
Re: Re: GBS RSS
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:40:00 AM »
+1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483055&pagenumber=4

From the gassed thread where goons are drooling over pictures of women in prison, many for violent crimes:

Quote from: Rubies
This weird creepy thread makes me wish that someone smart would make a thread in GBS explaining the fucking nightmare meat grinder prison system in the US. SA is a lot better than some other places I browse online but even still there's waaaay too many jokes about prison rape, people saying prisoners deserve any shitty treatment they get, mocking people's mug shots, insulting and dehumanizing prostitutes, and other things of that sort.

It is truly fucked up how people watch cops and browse mugshots to catch a glimpse of people at the lowest points in their lives. I'm not the smartest dude in the room so I'd hate to start a thread as a misinformed person, but I just know it's wrong. Hopefully someone from D&D or something will see this bullshit exploitation thread before it gets gassed and gets inspired to make something that we can learn from about how this toxic country treats people who are charged with crimes.

haha

The "industrial prison complex" was the first LF effort post invasion into GBS, wasn't it?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:42:12 AM »
+1
At least he admits he's not smart.
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »
+4
From a derail in the Anders Brevik thread--

I had a colleague precisely like that. Old cantankery fart with a house in Orihuela Costa. Absolutely refused to learn any Spanish at all and didn't even like Spanish food or drink, or culture for that matter. He insisted on going to the local supermarket and buy stuff like roast beef and Norwegian salmon, the exact same stuff he ate back home in Denmark. He's an early retiree living in Spain full-time off of his Danish state pension now. I think he even has a side business helping people be able to watch the public state-funded TV channels from back home. The public state-funded channels that they are too skinflint to even contribute to themselves.

I hate enclaves like that, filled with retired old idiots. There is a whole country out there with amazing food, culture and people. Yet they insist on grouping together in festering piles of "us vs them" mentality.

I wonder how much his attitude changes when people talk about Chinatown, Little Korea, or Spanish Harlem.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:47 PM »
+1
Quote from: duckmaster
If you see a doctor in the US, you are getting your vitals checked. Period. It is the standard of care and if it doesn't happen, they didn't do their job. If you didn't get a finger up the butt, you got nowhere near a "giant physical".

Why on earth does it require a trained professional with six years of university education and countless years of traning to tell you that you're a bit fat and you might like to think about cutting down on the cheeseburgers? Why on earth does it require a person earning $250,000 a year to tell you that your pulse is a bit high and you might like to think about going for a walk?

You're absolutely right that these are "vitals" but it is precisely because they are vitals that it is your responsibility to keep an eye on them.

What does taking your weight achieve exactly? What can the doctor deduce from taking your pulse - that you are in urgent need of a triple bypass, or maybe that you jogged to the surgery? Blood pressure should be checked at least once every five years; but checking it on a one-off visit to a doctor? He won't be able to tell if it's gone up or down or stayed the same, because he has no other data to compare it to. Literally all he can do is say, "Your blood pressure is a bit high. Eat less salt. Two hundred bucks." That is clearly ridiculous.

Checking the vitals of an otherwise healthy adult everytime they visit a doctor is nothing less than adding value to a product. No wonder the US spends so much money on healthcare if everyone is running around getting doctors to check their pulses every ten minutes and then dying of heart attacks anyway when the doctor forgets to tell them how fat they are.

how someone can be so obtuse about such a trivial thing astounds me. i really want to see a pic of duckmaster

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:28:08 PM »
+3
He's mad because nothing about him is vital.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 09:39:42 AM »
+1
Quote from: duckmaster
If you see a doctor in the US, you are getting your vitals checked. Period. It is the standard of care and if it doesn't happen, they didn't do their job. If you didn't get a finger up the butt, you got nowhere near a "giant physical".

Why on earth does it require a trained professional with six years of university education and countless years of traning to tell you that you're a bit fat and you might like to think about cutting down on the cheeseburgers? Why on earth does it require a person earning $250,000 a year to tell you that your pulse is a bit high and you might like to think about going for a walk?

You're absolutely right that these are "vitals" but it is precisely because they are vitals that it is your responsibility to keep an eye on them.

What does taking your weight achieve exactly? What can the doctor deduce from taking your pulse - that you are in urgent need of a triple bypass, or maybe that you jogged to the surgery? Blood pressure should be checked at least once every five years; but checking it on a one-off visit to a doctor? He won't be able to tell if it's gone up or down or stayed the same, because he has no other data to compare it to. Literally all he can do is say, "Your blood pressure is a bit high. Eat less salt. Two hundred bucks." That is clearly ridiculous.

Checking the vitals of an otherwise healthy adult everytime they visit a doctor is nothing less than adding value to a product. No wonder the US spends so much money on healthcare if everyone is running around getting doctors to check their pulses every ten minutes and then dying of heart attacks anyway when the doctor forgets to tell them how fat they are.

how someone can be so obtuse about such a trivial thing astounds me. i really want to see a pic of duckmaster

dude has got to be 300+ lbs minimum

Also he apparently goes to a different doctors for every visit or doesn't understand why the nurse/doc writes stuff down in his medical records...what a fuckin idiot.

wimpb

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:20 AM »
+1
He won't be able to tell if it's gone up or down or stayed the same, because he has no other data to compare it to.

Yeah, there's no point for him to check your blood pressure every time you visit him. It isn't like he can compare your blood pressure to any of the other times you visited him.

And it isn't like there are human averages to compare it to or diseases correlated to abnormal blood pressure. Sheesh. Fuckin' doctors don't know shit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:51:11 AM by wimpb »

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 02:45:05 PM »
+2
Maybe he thinks he should have his vitals checked with the frequency at which he bathes.

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
+1
On Ponies...
No, of course it's for girls. And Transformers is for boys. Our point is that it's okay for a boy to like things that are for girls, or for a girl to like things that are for boys.

Notice that the second part of that sentence never seems to be a problem; people don't tend to have an issue with a girl liking Transformers. This is because boys are seen as better than girls. For a boy, playing with a girl's toy is seen to be demeaning, because he should be playing with his own (better) toys.

It's an ugly, outmoded, sexist way of thinking. Girls are just as good as boys; women are just as good as men. Girls can play with trucks if they want to, and boys can play with dolls if they like, and neither of those things should be weird.

(Note that this has no bearing on adult creeps sexualizing children's shows, or neglecting real-life relationships in favor of fantasy ones, or surrendering their identity to a cargo cult of ponies. A brony can still be creepy for a wide variety of potential reasons. His gender should not be one of them, though.)

I apologize for the derail, but I really dislike sexism, and it's one of the things the thread has (rightly) called bronies out on. Let's not go down the same path.
-----
 Boys are universally recognized as better than girls. by who? oh no, not me, heh. here let me tell you about my cartoon pony collection
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon You can't know! Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 09:07:06 AM »
+2
Admittedly it is funny how some goons will scoff at other goons watching 8 year old girl cartoons, then go off to watch 8 year old boy cartoons and publicly circlejerk over them.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »
+1
On Ponies...
No, of course it's for girls. And Transformers is for boys. Our point is that it's okay for a boy to like things that are for girls, or for a girl to like things that are for boys.

And my point is it's for children and you're supposed to be goddamn adults.
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:59:35 AM »
+1
troon thread

Quote from: Tweek
I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was pissing on a lunchcounter. I was merely responding to "Don't use the Men's room because it's The Men's room.

I wasn't saying gender segregation is near as oppressive as racial segregation, but that the designation of a room as for Men is just as arbitrary as designating a drinking fountain as for whites.

If you have to separate them, why not just designate one room as The One With Urinals?

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
+2
Quote from: an expert
I am a trans guy with PTSD and have extreme difficulty feeling safe being near or interacting with men or people who have particular masculine traits (what "masculine traits" are is pretty nebulous; I have lived with two men for almost a year now and one of them still triggers me sometimes while the other doesn't). Its flat out dangerous for me to have unsupervised interactions with strange men or people who my brain reads as masculine "enough" because of the way my PTSD manifests.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
+2
The internet is entirely responsible for people that broken.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »
+3
i'd argue that most of it is either flat-out bullshit or histrionics for attention. it lives with someone who triggers  their PTSD and makes them have "extreme difficulty feeling safe" (what does that even mean?) and have dangerous interactions with them?

get the fuck out of here

Birk

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 04:04:25 PM »
+1
troon thread

Quote from: Tweek
I wasn't trying to make it seem like I was pissing on a lunchcounter. I was merely responding to "Don't use the Men's room because it's The Men's room.

I wasn't saying gender segregation is near as oppressive as racial segregation, but that the designation of a room as for Men is just as arbitrary as designating a drinking fountain as for whites.

If you have to separate them, why not just designate one room as The One With Urinals?

lol

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
+1
feminism thread in e/n

Quote from: Miss Hime
I recently pointed out to my colleague that despite being of a similar skill and age that he just doesn't have to worry about how having children will affect his career.

He can have them without any consequences at all, where as I worry that if I take 6 months out I will miss out on changes in the business or opportunities to progress. Potentially my role could downsized, reviewed or simply made to disappear in the time that I'm gone (despite this being illegal, doesn't mean it doesn't happen through loopholes though).

this actually managed to get under my skin more than anything because it's such a self-centered statement that's pretty signature of the goon attitudes. there's plenty of men, both married and single fathers, that make sacrifices at work for children. rather than make a subject something more than black and white though, it has to be broken down into binary categories.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:51:28 AM »
+3
She's angry that no one will ever have their baby gestating inside her.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »
+2
Quote from: Stuntman
My problem isn't specifically the homophobic slurs. While I don't completely condone the use of them, I'm more referring to
Quote from: Coolguye
He also has the distinction of having the worst reason for wanting to change genders I have ever heard. Normally you expect to hear something like 'I don't feel comfortable in my own skin', 'I can only face the day with a male/female persona', or something else profound.
which calls the reasons for being transgendered profound. While in this case, the person in question was fucked up (was a woman because she felt it'd be easier to get laid), it's still pretty shitty to denounce a whole group of people as profound.

wimpb

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:46 PM »
+3
Saw this on my facebook:
Balotelli, who is preparing with the Italian team for their Group C fixtures, said: "I will not accept racism at all. It's unacceptable. If someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to jail, because I will kill them."
I replied:
"If you call me a nigger I will act like a nigger"

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »
+1
Quote from: Stuntman
My problem isn't specifically the homophobic slurs. While I don't completely condone the use of them, I'm more referring to
Quote from: Coolguye
He also has the distinction of having the worst reason for wanting to change genders I have ever heard. Normally you expect to hear something like 'I don't feel comfortable in my own skin', 'I can only face the day with a male/female persona', or something else profound.
which calls the reasons for being transgendered profound. While in this case, the person in question was fucked up (was a woman because she felt it'd be easier to get laid), it's still pretty shitty to denounce a whole group of people as profound.

Uhmmmmmmm

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
+1
[
Quote from: TheSpiritFox
I went the low effort route with RP trolls when I played WOW. I made the ugliest gnome I could to RP a beggar and constantly yelled about how poor I was and that I needed a gold to feed my seventeen starving gnome children. I made a series of macros that would say various things in yell and trade and just wandered around begging people for money constantly. Anyone who responded would get unending whispers about how my family had been driven out of gnomeregan and that four of my children were dead and I desperately needed money to pay for a back alley unlicensed undead priest to rez them.

People hated me, it was glorious.

guys I spent copious amounts of my free time roleplaying on world of warcraft but it was only to grief other roleplayers you see

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »
+1
So... when you are completely unable to make human friends, you go online and play WoW. Even there this guy cannot help but make himself a paraiah.

Voted: Goon

not hangly man

• probable industrialist cockgobbler
  • Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »
+1
What does RSS stand for?