;

Author Topic: SJW Watch 2017: Assorted Choo-choos  (Read 55107 times)

kornbeef

• Unperson
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Sasstronaut The Gentry old
    • Awards
Re: SJW Watch 2017: Assorted Choo-choos
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
+8
Why the fuck are schools taking kids to see a movie in theaters?

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: February 14, 2018, 09:36:26 AM »
+9

Dude, it's CURRENT YEAR™ and the school in question is majority black in the Atlanta area. It explains itself.

And people wonder why blacks are so fucked up.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist You can't know! The Gentry cold, dead hands Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2018, 11:34:18 AM »
+8
You think taking the kids to a movie is bad, I just overheard a conversation between a couple parents last night, one of the local suburban schools has a class that's literally playing video games for the period. Just go in and play video games. Their homework is making sure they log at least ten hours of video games at home for the week.

Parents are not happy.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: February 14, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
+4
You think taking the kids to a movie is bad, I just overheard a conversation between a couple parents last night, one of the local suburban schools has a class that's literally playing video games for the period. Just go in and play video games. Their homework is making sure they log at least ten hours of video games at home for the week.

Parents are not happy.
Unless this is somehow a class on game testers which is a job lower than retail this is completely unacceptable.
His name was Harry Anderson

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: February 14, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »
+1
Depends, that sounds like a grant program.

I've seen edutainment classes before like that where the school buys specific software from a publisher and they make a class focused around the software and both the school and the publisher get a cut of government money for implementing it.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: February 14, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
+9

Dude, it's CURRENT YEAR™ and the school in question is majority black in the Atlanta area. It explains itself.

And people wonder why blacks are so fucked up.

I don't think anyone really expects blacks to have a quality education.  Schooling for blacks is the hope that they will keep showing up to class instead of running around in the streets during the day.  Anything more than that is just a bonus.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: February 23, 2018, 06:21:14 PM »
+19

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: March 22, 2018, 02:59:44 AM »
+13
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/australian-nursing-and-midwifery-code-of-conduct-slammed-over-white-privilege/news-story/4d1d71f45af35b8ffdd25fd40804d5a3

AUSTRALIAN nurses are pushing back against a change that requires them to “acknowledge white privilege” before treating patients.

Nurses and midwives around the country must now adhere to a new code of conduct with a section specifically dedicated to “culture” and which details white Australians’ inherent privilege “in relation to Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders”.

The new code, which came into effect in March, has been labelled “eye-watering”, “cultural madness” and “unacceptable”. A peak body representing nurses in Queensland is even calling for the chairman of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia to be sacked over it.

The cancer is spreading.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: March 22, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »
+6
Australia has been on the fence with this stuff where on one hand they hold refugees in jungle camps while on the other hand they have been doing shit like this.

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2018, 12:26:38 AM »
+6
Australia has been on the fence with this stuff where on one hand they hold refugees in jungle camps while on the other hand they have been doing shit like this.

the island camp conditions are grossly distorted by the media.  the most dangerous things there by far are the refugees themselves, but even then i haven't heard of violence reaching the levels seen in camps in, say, europe.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #435 on: May 04, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
+11
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare