;

Author Topic: LOWTAX THREAD  (Read 107544 times)

Please Delete This

• Domestic Threat
  • ☞ ͡°ل͜ ͡°☞
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red Anonymous Autistic United Statesian Scrooge
    • Awards
Re: LOWTAX THREAD
« Reply #3075 on: June 13, 2017, 05:57:57 AM »
+2
what does lowtax have against pink floyd? does it remind him of his age?
Rock me ❤Amagayus❤

not err

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #3076 on: June 22, 2017, 04:08:37 AM »
+12
I was thinking about lowtax and something awful, I cam across a few posts on other forums about that vice article. Some of the real old timers like from planet quake etc talking about his start his writing and stuff.

I've often thought that lowtax needs a manager/handler/editor what ever the fuck you wanna call it. basically a buniess partner that took care of the nuts and bolts give him the freedom from the pressure of handling a dead gay comedy forum.

Like he could sell a percentage of the LLC turn in content or fuck have it ghost written. Have real people who know what they are doing work on shit.

All rich would have to do is writing wacky zany articles and maybe having someone produce a few fucking youtube vids every couple of weeks etc.

Then it hit me why that would never happen. If he sold out and gave the reigns to someone else and they started to inprove the forums and make it not gay. It would prove to the whole fucking world what a failure he is, there is not way he could bear it.

He says people bitched so he let other have a shot at running shit...for free....but if he had a partner with some money who paid people to fix shit...and it worked...the success would be failure in his eyes

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #3077 on: June 22, 2017, 08:13:26 AM »
+10
I think he tried that when he made Zach his partner and Vice President of the company, but then Zach shacked up with Fistgrrl and became lib-preachy and drama prone, proto SJW.  Then he put Fragmaster in charge and that was probably the most stable era but he  got burned out. And was possibly living in Lowtax's basement and cucking him.
I am a lifelong physically disabled person and I happily identify as “disabled”, a part of the “disability rights movement” and when I am with other disabled people, I call myself a “crip”.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3078 on: June 22, 2017, 10:04:34 AM »
+4
The problem is that to really manage that site is a full time job and you would deserve way more income than Lowtax is willing to pay. Even when the site was making enough money for him to buy sports cars, he wasn't willing to pay people enough money to manage it properly.

hairsniffer1983

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #3079 on: June 22, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
+4
Fragmaster was a bit of a turbogoon but was vaguely competent. And like everybody with absolutely anything going for them involved in SA, left for better things at the first opportunity.

Drinkerton National Shitposting Agency

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • We Never Sleep Sober
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian Scrooge old Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #3080 on: June 22, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
+13
I think he tried that when he made Zach his partner and Vice President of the company, but then Zach shacked up with Fistgrrl and became lib-preachy and drama prone, proto SJW.  Then he put Fragmaster in charge and that was probably the most stable era but he  got burned out. And was possibly living in Lowtax's basement and cucking him.

The subtlety in each facial expression really makes it work

not err

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #3081 on: June 22, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »
+1
I was thinking more of a non goon manager. Seeing has how goons working for free sucks.

Basically a coder or fuck an IT admin or depart that don't care about he content of the site or the community just that the fucking thing works.

An editor that can hold mr tax to dead lines for articles or videos

A shitty animator to make wacky zany cartoons

Have some awful goon movie night....fuck look at those Red letter media fucks.

café press a bunch of shitty t shirts

Again a lot things that would help his company can be out sourced to non community members yes it would cost money but I bet it would make a profit.

That's not even counting....monetizing....the aspies....Tell the community to put their money where their mouth is, Black baby goku is permabaned have people buy tokens 5 dollar per token one token per account have them cast the tokens to ban or unban people

In my shitty nerb fantasys I would love to do that to the mods poster can pay to remove them or they can pay to keep them ether way its a win for the piggy bank and fuck they all love the idot tax idea no?

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
« Reply #3082 on: June 22, 2017, 10:05:35 PM »
+7

Goons have been bitching about ordering merchandise for well over a decade. Lowtax could have had tens of thousands of dollars flowing into his pocket by signing up for a fulfillment company like Cafe Press and letting all that shit roll on in.

Instead, early on, he tried to do it all himself, had a bad time and WELP THIS WILL NEVER EVER WORK! Hahah, dumbass.

Diamond Dallas Page

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3083 on: June 22, 2017, 11:37:12 PM »
+2
Fragmaster was a bit of a turbogoon but was vaguely competent. And like everybody with absolutely anything going for them involved in SA, left for better things at the first opportunity.

Fragmaster was the one who let LF turn into what it did.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #3084 on: June 23, 2017, 04:57:38 AM »
+1

The RLM guys are funny and insightful. Lowtax/the average goon is neither.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3085 on: June 23, 2017, 10:15:25 AM »
+1
I was thinking more of a non goon manager. Seeing has how goons working for free sucks.

Basically a coder or fuck an IT admin or depart that don't care about he content of the site or the community just that the fucking thing works.

An editor that can hold mr tax to dead lines for articles or videos

A shitty animator to make wacky zany cartoons

Again a lot things that would help his company can be out sourced to non community members yes it would cost money but I bet it would make a profit.

That's not even counting....monetizing....the aspies....Tell the community to put their money where their mouth is, Black baby goku is permabaned have people buy tokens 5 dollar per token one token per account have them cast the tokens to ban or unban people

In my shitty nerb fantasys I would love to do that to the mods poster can pay to remove them or they can pay to keep them ether way its a win for the piggy bank and fuck they all love the idot tax idea no?

I know you were and my point was that SA never hired real people (or at least not for long) for two reasons.

1) He never wanted to pay people their market value. There were several guys who were great coders who offered to help redo the forums a decade ago, and do it for less than their hourly. But they wouldn't do it for free or for SA merch so we can't have that! Lowtax never understood that solid coders are worth a boatload of money and wanted to pay them essentially a barista money.

2) Lowtax always told himself he wanted to keep SA WITHIN SA for whatever reason.

As far as merch goes, if this was 15 years ago, sure. The ship has long sailed on selling merch and goons remember when you used to get banned for asking where the T-Shirt you paid for was.

wow but even gayer

• Unperson
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Twitter - @EveryThotCounts
    • Awards
« Reply #3086 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:57 PM »
More devils advocate, what kind of job could Richard get? What happenes if he can't get one?

Someone would give him some menial office job if he really needed help. Though he'd probably get fired for tweeting all day at work.

About 2 months ago or so Lowtax came out of nowhere and tried to engage me on some super intellectual bitchslapping match on twitter, apparently so that he could impress some pre-teen bronies from KF that he was following. I wasn't particularly interested in talking to him so I simply brought up his poverty and the chink wife, which was more than enough to see his twitter feed degrade to existential mood dread for several days.

lol same a bit before that except i asked about how he plans on supporting his kid in the future, he stopped replying to my tweets when the shmorky pedo stuff came out

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3087 on: June 23, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
+9
I always find it funny when people here put more thought into turning SA around than Lowtax has in the past decade.  Nigga doesn't care, neither should we.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #3088 on: June 23, 2017, 10:40:34 PM »
+4
I always find it funny when people here put more thought into turning SA around than Lowtax has in the past decade.  Nigga doesn't care, neither should we.

I dont care, I just like pontificating on all the ways he's been told to save the place.

hairsniffer1983

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #3089 on: June 24, 2017, 05:16:49 AM »
+3

Fragmaster was the one who let LF turn into what it did.

The bar for competence in anything SA related isn't set exactly sky high. I still visited the site back then and I at least remember the guy would occasionally do things, not have quarterly big gay meltdowns and could talk to the userbase like a normal human being once in a while. That's pretty much all it takes to be leagues ahead of anybody else ever involved.

who cares?

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #3090 on: June 24, 2017, 06:12:41 AM »
+8
It is years to late, but a stickied thread on GBS:

"MERCHANDISE! The poll.

Hello forum user peoples, a few months ago some folks were asking if / when merchandise would return, and since I'm totally flakey and non-committal to essentially every aspect of everything in my life, I did not reply. However, I did fill out an application to be a merchant on Amazon, and guess what?

That's right, now I am authorized to sell "Imagine Your Design Here" t-shirts! Or ones that have a totally different design! Who knows!

Regardless, what kind of merchandise / designs are any of you interested in? It appears as if I'm limited to t-shirts right now, but I'm not sure. Let me know what you guys want and I'll work on the art and upload it!"

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824707&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post473702933

Of course there are no designs ready.

not err

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #3091 on: June 24, 2017, 07:02:22 PM »

2) Lowtax always told himself he wanted to keep SA WITHIN SA for whatever reason.

As far as merch goes, if this was 15 years ago, sure. The ship has long sailed on selling merch and goons remember when you used to get banned for asking where the T-Shirt you paid for was.

point two is a big mistake on his part. He didnt need the most savy just someone to do nuts and bolts yes he would have to pay them but then he wouldnt be burdened with managing a fucking company and hey he never claimed to be a business person now did he