;

Author Topic: 888: Social Justice in Videogames  (Read 1440718 times)

Big Duck Equals Goose

• Enemy Of The State
  • *~post from ya eyez...~*
  • Awards Anonymous Ni hao kai lan! Punk's not dead! Fascist Scientologist Faggot Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: Social Justice in Videogames
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »
It would be pretty funny if there was a "I Spit On Your Grave" video game.

Stroker Ace

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2013, 01:50:11 PM »
+2
Or an HD remake of Custer's Revenge
I WAS SO HIGH I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PUNCH MY WIFE IN THE BACK OF THE NECK TO PROVE THAT WHAT I WAS EXPERIENCING WAS NOT REAL.

Black Gardener

• Cishet White Male
  • Hope 'n Change
  • King of Kicks
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon 420 cold, dead hands Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
It would be pretty funny if there was a "I Spit On Your Grave" video game.

Which was also known as DAY OF THE WOMAN, fyi

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 02:41:38 PM »
+1
 :ultlibrage: Misogyny alert. The post is basically incomprehensible if you don't play Dota.

Quote from: Vasja
To be honest, CK's crit is more the icing on the rapecake than the RNG-madness that PA's is. CK has a 2-4 second stun, a draw-in with extra damage, and his illusions scale incredibly well. While the random mid-game 600+ crit is great and inconsistent, having 3+ illusions that all do it for full damage makes it actually very reliable.
Quote from: Quiggy
Are you serious
I honestly have no clue how to respond.
Quote from: Cabbit
"Whoops, my bad" is a good start.
Quote from: Kyrosiris
"I'll refrain from such stupid misogynistic shit in the future" would be a good followup.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
The titty game sold very well in Japan and was well-reviewed here by people who enjoy the beat-em-up genre. There were a couple of reviews that glossed over the game itself and focused on the controversy instead.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
:ultlibrage: Misogyny alert. The post is basically incomprehensible if you don't play Dota.

To be honest, CK's crit is more the icing on the rapecake than the RNG-madness that PA's is. CK has a 2-4 second stun, a draw-in with extra damage, and his illusions scale incredibly well. While the random mid-game 600+ crit is great and inconsistent, having 3+ illusions that all do it for full damage makes it actually very reliable.
Are you serious
"I'll refrain from such stupid misogynistic shit in the future" would be a good followup.

Ahahahaha.

Cabbit is a huge froot btw.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Cisnormative Commando

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »
+4
So merely saying rapecake to the pozzed videogaming masses, triggers their feminism PTSD?

:dubyathumb: Get raped faggots

Black Gardener

• Cishet White Male
  • Hope 'n Change
  • King of Kicks
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon 420 cold, dead hands Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
+1
Shhhhh!  Don't say the "r-word!" :parsons:

muslim batman

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 08:31:25 AM »
So merely saying rapecake to the pozzed videogaming masses, triggers their feminism PTSD?

:dubyathumb: Get raped faggots
If you were threatened with rape every day by people you don't even know on the internet you wouldn't be laughing. It's oppression, educate yourself.
 :say:
 :christina:
Dont disparage an entire group and say anything that could imply or lead to violence against that group.
#KillAllWhiteMen

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
+1
My penis is raped by my hands every day.

-T.Finn
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Legal Swedish Rape Gang

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 10:40:09 AM »

Are you serious

I hope they were literally shaking with rage.
imagine you are having a private convo with your friends and this weird retard just walks over grabs your wallet and takes ten bucks out while simultaneously putting a piece of tape on your mouth.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »
+3
Any cake baked with canola oil is a rapecake  :smug: :depressedlesbian: :smug:

Travis Touchdown 2.0

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • Bitch
  • Awards Took down a Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
+7
The only way Mega64 will ever be funny is if they do Custer's Revenge.

When Rocco was leaving, he turned down Rich's lowballs to try and keep Mega64 an SA-only thing, and while they lost DVD rights in severing, Mega64 is now in bed with every major developer and their unlimited $ for easy nerd cred and effortless advertising, has successful appearances at cons nationwide, and annual yearly meetups at Disneyland where people show up in the hundreds. Also - it's pretty much confirmed Rocco and co. are also rolling in pussy from their nerdette fangirls

Meanwhile Mike Nelson is doing pity collabs with Lowtax on LP's, the last official goonmeets barely broke double-digit attendance, and were absolute fun vacuums in Vegas and Montreal - places you have to be supreme dorkfag alpha to NOT have fun in, and the most recent interaction SA has had with the userbase was a Xanax'd-out Lowtax in various states of consciousness on a couch in the official SA strip mall

I think that's pretty fucking hilarious

Onideus

• Person Of Interest
  • Plexxed
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »
Rape?!  In ~my~ vidya games?!  What about ~almost raped~...

Serious business!  *nods*

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 02:04:53 AM »

White Power Superhero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. Black Chick Methodist Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon 420 United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 04:00:41 AM »
+1
I really enjoy the way rapecake is labeled "stupid misogynistic shit", as if men aren't also rape victims. Good to know that if a man were to get raped SA would consider the incident to be anti woman :>.

Why must rape be an affront to a gender? Why can't it be a shitty thing to all humans, idk.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 05:27:18 AM »
re: "only women get raped ":
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/penny-arcade-kickstarter.php
Impress your favorite female friend or relative on their birthday with a personalized rape joke penned by the creators of Internet sensation Penny Arcade! Even survivors of abuse have to admit: these guys sure know their way around humor involving nightmarish and traumatizing violence against women.
The biggest irony being that the 'controversial' rape joke was about a man being raped.

Bobservo is a piece of shit.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:29:24 AM by internet culture »

Monostats Infected Scrotum

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards old Deplorables Fuck you, dad! Scrooge United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »
+4
I really enjoy the way rapecake is labeled "stupid misogynistic shit", as if men aren't also rape victims. Good to know that if a man were to get raped SA would consider the incident to be anti woman :>.

Why must rape be an affront to a gender? Why can't it be a shitty thing to all humans, idk.

This. Rape is not only forcing yourself on someone sexually in violation of their free will, it's also robbing them of their dignity by making them submit to you (again, against your will), and since the act can include exchange of sexual fluids or assault, can leave permanent physical and well as psychological scars, to say nothing of STDs or pregnancy (if the raped party is female).

That's a horrifying combination of circumstances to happen to anyone, regardless of gender. There is no need to politicize or genderize an act that has terrible consequences to everyone irrespective of gender, and that some asshole wants to turn rape into something they can use to shame someone for political or social advantage makes them just as much of an animal as the punk ass bitch who would stoop to raping anyone in the first place.
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2013, 05:38:03 AM »

This. Rape is not only forcing yourself on someone sexually in violation of their free will, it's also robbing them of their dignity by making them submit to you (again, against your will), and since the act can include exchange of sexual fluids or assault, can leave permanent physical and well as psychological scars, to say nothing of STDs or pregnancy (if the raped party is female).

That's a horrifying combination of circumstances to happen to anyone, regardless of gender. There is no need to politicize or genderize an act that has terrible consequences to everyone irrespective of gender, and that some asshole wants to turn rape into something they can use to shame someone for political or social advantage makes them just as much of an animal as the punk ass bitch who would stoop to raping anyone in the first place.
Enjoy knowing that US government-funded statistics are specifically orchestrated to exaggerate the amount of female rape victims and downplay the amount of male ones to fit a narrative, then http://somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=399.msg35754#msg35754

Seems to me like both sides tend to politicize the shit out of rape all the time and a guy I know who actually experienced rape confirmed this to me.  It really seems to be something that's insanely hard to find unbiased information and statistics about.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:43:36 AM by internet culture »

Big Duck Equals Goose

• Enemy Of The State
  • *~post from ya eyez...~*
  • Awards Anonymous Ni hao kai lan! Punk's not dead! Fascist Scientologist Faggot Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:29 AM »
+1
I remember back in the day on RPGs women had a lower STR stat but higher Willpower or some shit. I was literally raped when to min/max a cleric I had to pick a female.

Ask me about PTSD.

armchair nazi

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
posting this link would probably get you banned:

http://www.propublica.org/article/boys-in-custody-and-the-women-who-abuse-them

Drawing on their sample, Justice Department researchers estimate that 1,390 juveniles in the facilities they examined have experienced sex abuse at the hands of the staff supervising them, a rate of nearly 8 percent. Twenty percent who said they were victimized by staff said it happened on more than 10 occasions. Nine out of 10 victims were males abused by female staff.

EaglesDick

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Took down a Goon United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »
Rape?!  In ~my~ vidya games?!  What about ~almost raped~...

Serious business!  *nods*

That entire concept is the most misogynistic (seriously) thing I've read in a long time and as this shit becomes more mainstream people will be catching on to this shit. If I was a woman I'd want to punch her in the face. As many are about race.
Quote from: Zeitgueist" post="418198255
It wouldn't be the first time that people in or related to the forums tried to harass someone into suicide.
It's sad because basically Fire's biggest offense is trying to be a decent human being.

Quote from: Zeitgueist" post="418199650
Hello Something Sensitive poster Clemen.

Even if this were true(it's not), people got mad because he doesn't find it funny to shit on people, unlike Real Internet Cool People.

Onideus

• Person Of Interest
  • Plexxed
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
Here's a section I added to the "Almost Raped" article on ED:

The irony of all this is of course the fact that by drawing comparisons between things like getting killed in a video game and horrific, real life, physical violations, is that in doing so they effective cheapen the seriousness of real rape and turn it into something laughably stupid and inconsequential by that comparison. They are, in effect, actually damaging their own cause, making real rape seem as though it's nothing more than a joke and all for the desperate, wanton attempt of drama whores who want to try and victimize themselves for the sake of racking up pity points and circle jerks from their fellow "moon sisters".

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
That Kotaku article isn't real, it's a 4chan parody. Tumblr fell for these too.

These people might be awful, but they're not cartoon characters.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
+1
Here's a section I added to the "Almost Raped" article on ED:

The irony of all this is of course the fact that by drawing comparisons between things like getting killed in a video game and horrific, real life, physical violations, is that in doing so they effective cheapen the seriousness of real rape and turn it into something laughably stupid and inconsequential by that comparison. They are, in effect, actually damaging their own cause, making real rape seem as though it's nothing more than a joke and all for the desperate, wanton attempt of drama whores who want to try and victimize themselves for the sake of racking up pity points and circle jerks from their fellow "moon sisters".

nobody cares its not 2005 anymore
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.