;

Author Topic: The Fake News 'Crisis'!  (Read 14837 times)

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
The Fake News 'Crisis'!
« on: November 15, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
+27
So, I don't know where the hell this came from, but since the 'result', there have been a string of pieces crying over 'fake news' websites that have hit mainstream
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37983571
http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37987306

Blah blah etc...etc...
The short of it is that Trump was elected because of a handful of clickbait fake news sites scrounging for ad revenue, and people are too stupid to decide what is, and isn't true. This has led to lists being published such as this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10eA5-mCZLSS4MQY5QGb5ewC3VAL6pLkT53V_81ZyitM/preview

You see where this is going...
Under the guise of a 'crisis', start trying to control what is and isn't acceptable to report on, or how to report, calling shitty, but legit websites such as Breitbart 'fake', and have them banned from FB/Twatter/Google searchers, while leaving equally shitty sites such as Huffpost and WaPo alone while leaving in some low hanging fruit such as occupydemocrats just to prove that your list is 'fair and balanced'.
The fact that this has came pretty much out of nowhere and is gaining mainstream traction wreaks of some NGO/Twat frantically issuing press releases to manufacture a crisis in order to make the inevitable FB/Google censorship acceptable by the public.

Ministry of Truth time...

Bill Wilkins

Re: The Fake News 'Crisis'!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »
+35
Mushroom finally makes a decent post?

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »
+3
Still waiting for you... :colbert:

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:15:26 PM »
+21
Project Veritas
Breitbart
Infowars
Lew Rockwell's site
Red State
The Blaze
Free Thought Project
Twitchy
Zerohedge

Some of those are basic bitch GOP and/or Never Trump associated faggotry (Twitchy, The Blaze, and Red State, for example) but :lilal:

edit: This reminds me of the CURRENT YEAR obsession with "fact checking". We learned before the election that Google was involved in an idea to have some shit like "approved" and "verified" "fact checked" information only show up for searches, and this smells a lot like that. Evil shit.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »
+10
All of those sites are heavily bias and have an agenda to push, but fuck me, in a liberal society freedom of press is sacred. If ZeroHedge want to publish non-stop pieces on how the economy will explode ANY MOMENT NOW, it's their fucking right to do so.

professional lurker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:13:58 PM »
+9
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5ZhYjjWEg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR5ZhYjjWEg</a>

President Obama on October 15, 2016 calling for a 'curating function' to fix the 'wild wild west' nature of information on the internet (that he just ceded control over). We need to sort through information that "passes some basic truthy-ness tests."
"I'm really boring. My current hobbies right now are playing Animal Crossing on the DS and... I dunno, I did a bit of knitting last night for the first time in months after boy broke up with me over the phone (I can only cast on and knit stitch though). I surf the internet like every other person in the entire fucking world. I constantly have ideas that I never follow through on. I want to be a nurse someday. I want to drive. I nearly got my licence a few years ago but blacked out at the wheel due to my (90% now-cured) anorexia and haven't driven since."

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:30:26 PM »
+8
LOL
Update 3: Some people are asking which news sources I trust, and all I can say is that [n I read/watch/listen very widely, from mainstream, corporate owned sources (The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes) as well as The Atlantic, National Public Radio, and various local and alternative sources with different political perspectives, some of which are included on this list.
From the list I posted above. What a faggot

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:34 PM »
+1
LOL
Update 3: Some people are asking which news sources I trust, and all I can say is that [n I read/watch/listen very widely, from mainstream, corporate owned sources (The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes) as well as The Atlantic, National Public Radio, and various local and alternative sources with different political perspectives, some of which are included on this list.
From the list I posted above. What a faggot

The most interesting thing about this election is that the shitty newsites actually do cite their sources most of the time. All people have to do is click the link in the article, but never do. In fact, there's 2 levels of deception. You have the title which is usually wrong/grossly simplifies something, the article itself that takes extreme creative liberties, and then the article that tells the actual story. Unless it too is a clickbait article, at which you're diving down the rabbit hole.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 11:40:53 PM »
+22
The media is scared shitless.  Also a lot of it is a last ditch effort to get people to read their stupid and shitty news before they go out of business.  It's going to be a dark era for places like Washington Post, CNN, and New York Times these next few years, they might not be able to survive it in their current iterations.

Private Pile

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 12:13:33 AM »
+4
The media is scared shitless.  Also a lot of it is a last ditch effort to get people to read their stupid and shitty news before they go out of business.  It's going to be a dark era for places like Washington Post, CNN, and New York Times these next few years, they might not be able to survive it in their current iterations.

WaPo should be OK for a while, unless and until Bezos gets tired of his new toy.

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 05:24:05 AM »
+6
This is too little too late and is therefore great news.  Once people see their normal news sources disappear they'll be incentivized to get off of Facebook and use different search engines than Google and all it will end up doing is destroying their monopoly.  I think they underestimate how tired people are of ads and clickbaits being shoved in their faces, and they certainly don't care to be in contact with their libfag friends who have been doing nothing but spouting 888 all week.  Most people who Twatter seriously are retards anyway.

Google is apparently infected with the same hubris as the Democrat party and they are completely blind to the constant that pride goes before the fall.  It was pretty easy for anyone using MySpace to jump ship and the same is apparently going to happen with FB soon.

Travis Touchdown 2.0

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • Bitch
  • Awards Took down a Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 06:04:18 AM »
+12
Google is probably the #1 distrubutor for most malware infections in the world, since loads of Russian and Chinese companies that shill fake AV software are somehow allowed to be top Google search results for legit stuff like Microsoft Security Essentials, and while you ARE probably retarded for falling for it, the fact they allow them to show as unfiltered results to adblocker-lacking people in the first place has always been the shadiest goddamn thing, and it's been going on for a looooooooooooong time. Indexing clickbait articles designed to only dominate Facebook's trending column is barely an issue in comparison

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:51:00 PM »
+13
This is just the media shitting itself because it realized NOBODY fucking likes or trusts them so they bled people to much more partisan/independent sites.

Places like brietbart are nakedly slanted, you would have to be physically brain damaged or stone stupid to not realize it. The place makes no bones about what it is. Same with infowars.

The NYT recently admitted it lost a ton of subscribers because it nakedly sucked democratic cock and used its reputation to be a high class whore for the Democratic party. And a lot of their audience didn't like it. They had to beg for their forgiveness.

CNN and MSNBC are always and always will be low class crack whores for the DNC, which is why people are fleeing them. This is just a naked attempt to try and say "WERE THE ONLY GOOD NEWS GUYZ ALL OF THIS IS FAKE BTW ITS ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO READ WUKILEAKS, TRUST OUR CLINTON COCSUCKERS TO HEAR WHATS REAL"

I will NEVER trust the MSM after this election. They can go fuck themselves. If I have to do the goddamn work and think for myself, so be it. Because these cunts can't ever be trusted.

Bill Wilkins

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 05:53:09 PM »
+5
Tim Pool is a fag but he is right here:

http://www.businessinsider.com/journalist-tim-pool-future-media-twitter-censorship-fake-news-2016-11

"Now we are going to have tech companies deciding who is allowed to speak, what news is real and what news isnít."

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAKv78GU_U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAKv78GU_U</a>

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian old The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 06:06:15 PM »
+9
They are welcome to fucking try it.  We'll start our own like we did with Fox News.  And fast.

Ethnic Minority Stock Image

• Enemy Of The State
  • Hot Pockets and a New Holocaust
  • Awards Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »
+6
Wouldn't mind the cancerous fake news sites being filtered out. Like made up shite only created to get ad clicks. But it wont be that. It would be wrongthinkers and conspiracy theorists who will be targeted. 

And its not like mainstream rags don't pull some bullshit now and again.

muslim batman

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 06:39:45 PM »
+12
They are welcome to fucking try it.  We'll start our own like we did with Fox News.  And fast.
Fox news is basically controlled opposition designed to be the one conservative network to eat up ratings and take viewers who wouldn't watch liberal drivel--it'd all be liberal if there wasn't so much money on the table
Dont disparage an entire group and say anything that could imply or lead to violence against that group.
#KillAllWhiteMen

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »
+10
New York times hemorrhaged a ton of subscribers.

If these online social media companies start pulling the same shit it's going to happen to them too.

If your prime directive is truth and the ability to communicate it, and if you fail that you will have nothing. People will go elsewhere.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:45:59 PM by a torrent of piss »

The Goon Patroon

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2016, 07:00:46 PM »
+7
Seriously can't wait for Soros to fucking die, his son seems like just another coked up rich kid trying to fit in so it's really only Soros that we have to deal with.

That man is pure evil i swear.

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 11:49:58 PM »
+2
LOL this is hilarious
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-16/zero-hedge-targeted-list-fake-news-sources

Too many LOLs to post the whole thing
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 11:58:53 PM by Dave Hedgehog »

Duwango

• Unperson
  • https://discord.gg/EKbe59S
  • Awards Fascist Anonymous Deplorables You can't know!
    • server
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 12:01:00 AM »
+16
Twitter has already been trying to silence the wrongthinkers for 3 years straight with blockbots and blocklists, and much like everything else they tried, it's been an abject failure and it only helped build the groundwork for alt-righters taking over the site earlier this year.

I love cock more thanMediadoes eunuchs are on suicide watch because everybody knows they're the biggest welfare queens in the planet, and Breitbart et al. will essentially inherit the overbloated and overpowered executive branch that's about to be left behind by the Obongo regime. The "fake news" operation is a one last ditch attempt to silence anyone who is doing actual journalism for free, and it's already dead on arrival.

Karma's a bitch, heh. :johnwayne:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:32:17 PM by Semper Games »

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 06:19:19 AM »
+10
They are in denial Trump straight up appealed to a large part of the electorate. There has to be a big Machiavellian ruse behind it to con these voters to keep that denial going. Also the journos in denial that their bias and/or reporting helped Trump and/or failed to quash his support.
 :freud:

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 02:50:41 PM »
+7

yeah, that is totally a new thing....  :drew:

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »
+7
Where's that george carlin Shellshocked skit that involves nothing but him showing that the establishment just renames words in order to hide problems.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Eat a bowl of dicks, Sparky.
  • Awards Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! The Gentry cold, dead hands Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
+3
Fuck signatures.