;

Author Topic: The Fake News 'Crisis'!  (Read 14076 times)

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge 420 Californian Better dead than red
    • Awards
Re: The Fake News 'Crisis'!
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »
+6
Where were these people when Russia was actually our arch enemy?

Conspiring with the Kremlin to take this country down.

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Tranny Discharge

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' old The Gentry cold, dead hands KURWA Libertarian Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2016, 09:52:34 PM »
+4
Remember when the I love cock more thanpowers that bedoes paraded around a bunch of Kuwaiti kids so they can whip up enough sentiment to execute Operation Desert Storm 25 years ago?  The Democrats and the lying, kiking media just tried to pull the same thing with Syria and it's not working fortunately.

TBF we didn't need that shit to go to war.  Raping Saddam in the ass was the right thing to do.

For who?  The Saudis?  The Iranians?  The islamic extremists he regularly tortured and killed?

The Saudis that were shitting their pants that they were going to be next after Kuwait.

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Classicist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2016, 10:05:10 PM »
+18
It's weird. Destroy one middle eastern country and the world becomes a worse place. But if we destroyed them all, it would be much better.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2016, 10:08:53 PM »
+7
Where were these people when Russia was actually our arch enemy?

Conspiring with the Kremlin to take this country down.
In the case of Ted Kennedy, literally.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »
+14
The Saudis that were shitting their pants that they were going to be next after Kuwait.

The Saudis were going to be next after Kuwait - Iraq had already taken territory across the border when the US entered.

The invasion was caused by the other Arabs attempting to jew Saddam and Saddam was just exploring alternative methods of repaying his war debt.

The Iran-Iraq war is a 'modern' lesson in mismanagement of a war, mainly due to the fact that the officers and armies involved were Arab (cry me a river about how you're "persian", if you worship the child-fucking prophet and live in the desert, you are a sand nigger Arab). Anyway, its a fun read (especially the part about how Iran has more F-14 Aces than the US) but Saddam through most of the 80s was  viewed as the savior of the Sunni Arabs against Shiite aggression, and the Iraq war machine was largely bankrolled by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, and Jordan to try to take down a newly aggressive post-revolution Iran least the rest of the Shiites start getting ideas.

When the UN sanctions to try to end the Iran-Iraq slapfight came down, it left Saddam deeply in debt and having trouble being able to meet its loan repayments. SA and Kuwait were happily twisting the knife they'd buried in his back by raking his balls over the coals on repayment terms. Now, part of this was Saddam's own goddamn fault - fucker was building gold palaces after all - but while Kuwait and SA didn't deserve to be thrown out of a 2nd story window, they also shouldn't have give Saddam Wallace's wife a foot massage. They'd encouraged the war for a long time, and now they wanted Iraq to disarm because of the fear that he'd set his sights on lands to the west and south. Fears that turned out to be justified.

It occurred to Saddam that it would be cheaper to just invade the countries he owed money to and eliminate his debt that way - he had a shit load of trained conscripts and depreciated military gear, after all. Its not entirely clear what his plans were - it seems likely he wanted to annex Kuwait (and their oil/wealth) wholesale, but Saudi Arabia is less clear. Saddam viewed himself as the rightful leader of all Arabs, but probably couldn't have kept Saudi Arabia - and nothing on the Iraq-SA border is worth taking. The analysis I read said it was likely he just wanted to force them to surrender, and forgive Iraq's debt from the Iran-Iraq war. But its Saddam and he was pretty unstable at this point, so who the fuck knows.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Sit upon thy spiky steed for glorious crusade!
  • Awards old Goon or Ex-Goon Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
+12
The Second Gulf War was complete and utter 100% bullshit though. Basically there was nothing Saddam could have done to stop the war; the public was lied to plain and simple. The fact that the 'intelligence service' were basically quoting fanfic as fact was just shameful.

Bartnopolis

• Unperson
  • It's good to want things.
  • Awards You can't know! Anonymous Fascist Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2016, 05:30:41 PM »
+4
https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

What is it about a supposedly free American press that puts Pravda to shame with their unimaginative and extremely creepy which hunts against anyone who isn't fully supportive of 52 years of failed modern liberalism tropes?  :swanson:

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »
+3
lol BrownMovement distancing himself from the 'source'. Buzzfeed saying the story has glaring issues. AKA WaPo doubling down on its identity politics and getting slapped. A reporter who is cucked by Elliot Piggins*.... a shameful nigga.

*the latest story by Kali Lowe aka Elanor Jefferson who worked in the classics department of Rutgers University.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Classicist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2016, 05:44:21 PM »
+2
McCarthy at least started out going after actual Soviet agents. This was stupid from the start.

Ban Wow

• Unperson
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2016, 07:24:37 AM »
+4
https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/washington-post-disgracefully-promotes-a-mccarthyite-blacklist-from-a-new-hidden-and-very-shady-group/

What is it about a supposedly free American press that puts Pravda to shame with their unimaginative and extremely creepy which hunts against anyone who isn't fully supportive of 52 years of failed modern liberalism tropes?  :swanson:

looks like a breitbart link, not reading this fake news

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpavlCg2BZ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpavlCg2BZ4</a>
gas dykes ban wow

Ethnic Minority Stock Image

• Enemy Of The State
  • Hot Pockets and a New Holocaust
  • Awards Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2016, 07:26:27 AM »
+3

well, i guess nothing will be done about literal fake news since people can't stop shilling against opponents to combat it :tuss:

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2016, 08:48:52 AM »
+1
Nobody really cares about this fake news thing.  I'm sure the typical normie gets tripped up linking a fake news story on their Faceberg accounts but trust in the media is so low that linking the Jew York Times instead isn't going to be the solution.

Fake news is less an integrity issue and more about the death rattle of traditional media.  With Trump in office and the public numb to countless doom and gloom stories about him, the media has no real way out here except to start laying off, shutting down, consolidating, etc.  They could improve their quality and integrity of journalism but the current crop of journalists are totally incapable of doing anything other than being spoonfed talking points from the White House or reading tweets.

tits an cooters

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »
+19
The sudden fixation on 'fake news' has nothing to do with actual concern over false stories/inaccurate reporting.  It is the Left beginning to beat the drum of censorship in regards to the internet.  This is the first step in a movement towards Google/Facebook/etc filtering & controlling what you are allowed see in the online world.  Even if it isn't full blown Great Firewall of China style censorship, this is the start of a push to begin shifting things that direction.

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
+14
Nobody really cares about this fake news thing.  I'm sure the typical normie gets tripped up linking a fake news story on their Faceberg accounts but trust in the media is so low that linking the Jew York Times instead isn't going to be the solution.

Fake news is less an integrity issue and more about the death rattle of traditional media.  With Trump in office and the public numb to countless doom and gloom stories about him, the media has no real way out here except to start laying off, shutting down, consolidating, etc.  They could improve their quality and integrity of journalism but the current crop of journalists are totally incapable of doing anything other than being spoonfed talking points from the White House or reading tweets.

'Fake news' is an issue made up by news organizations and their corporate masters in order to try and remain relevant. The election of Donald Trump proved that they were completely worthless in their analytical and journalistic power, and that they were no longer needed.

This sent them into into a frenzy and grabbing on anything trying to stay relevant. They needed a scapegoat so they looked to 'fake news' (ie: alternative news sites). The problem is everyone in America fucking HATES the media so no one is buying this shit, its made it even worse.

Begging Facebook to do something about it looks even sadder.

The sudden fixation on 'fake news' has nothing to do with actual concern over false stories/inaccurate reporting.  It is the Left beginning to beat the drum of censorship in regards to the internet.  This is the first step in a movement towards Google/Facebook/etc filtering & controlling what you are allowed see in the online world.  Even if it isn't full blown Great Firewall of China style censorship, this is the start of a push to begin shifting things that direction.

Its not really the left, its more corporate masters looking to stay relevant. That being said, progtards are always for censorship to protect 'feelings'

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57:11 PM »
+5
Its not really the left, its more corporate masters looking to stay relevant.
Right. So like every left wing movement in the US.

tits an cooters

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2016, 06:27:39 PM »
+4
Its not really the left, its more corporate masters looking to stay relevant. That being said, progtards are always for censorship to protect 'feelings'

I disagree; it isn't just the corporate media whining about it...Obama has made a point of complaining about fake news several times recently, & has gone as far as to suggest that it affected the outcome of the election & there needs to be some sort of safeguard introduced to ensure the veracity of news articles people see on social media & the web in general.  Which sounds a hell of a lot like the left pushing for internet censorship to me.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2016, 06:34:38 PM »
+20
Obama's just bitter that the pile of executive orders he considers his "legacy" is going to be dumped into the garbage early next year.  He is an abject failure of a president, a perfect example of a man who bought into his own cult of personality and refused to compromise because Magical Negro Obama can do no wrong.  He was supposed to be able to sweet talk Republicans and the country into supporting everything he wanted, but all he managed to do was give his opposition the congress and the presidency. 

53 Days left.

Bill Wilkins

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »
+5
Its not really the left, its more corporate masters looking to stay relevant.
Right. So like every left wing movement in the US.

Yeah, the left in this country is essentially just corporations and banks pushing cultural marxism. Bernie calling for the end of political correctness in the Democrat party the other week was like asking right-wingers to adopt an open borders policy.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2016, 02:55:29 AM »
+3
I spotted this over at Zerohedge and I'm reposting it here since it's got some pretty good examples of a formally well-respected institution (the BBC) getting caught with it's hand in the cookie jar so to speak airing fabricated news stories.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg</a>

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2016, 04:03:44 AM »
+6
I spotted this over at Zerohedge and I'm reposting it here since it's got some pretty good examples of a formally well-respected institution (the BBC) getting caught with it's hand in the cookie jar so to speak airing fabricated news stories.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blg9XVBUEZg</a>

*19 years ago*

"Hey, let me pitch you this totally implausible movie idea for a bumbling politcal comedy!"

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNo0BicRM8k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNo0BicRM8k</a>

"This is hilarious, sold!"

*2016*

Quote from: A leaked CNN video and a Truth Seeker RT documentary details the multiple times the corporate media as staged fake news to get the West into war
From video proof showing “dead soldiers” killed by “chemical weapons” walking around after they thought the videos stopped recording, to digitally altering sounds to add in “explosions” that never happened, this segment demonstrates some of the most damming evidence against the media ever shown on television.

:flumnigger:

Work L. Day

• Enemy Of The State
  • Breaks are for Commies
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2016, 09:47:21 AM »
+5
Wag the Dog wasn't a cautionary tale; it was a how-to documentary.

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2016, 11:29:38 AM »
+1

LOL Zerohedge, Russia Today...
OFCOM released a report into RT's claims and found they were making shit up as usual...

Ghost of Vince Foster

• Cishet White Male
  • Death to all Hillary supporters
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2016, 01:22:07 PM »
+6
OFCOM released a report into RT's claims and found they were making shit up as usual...

Dis nigga expects us to take OFCOM seriously  :stewart:

You might as well start citing HillaryClinton.com

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
+1

Will take OFCOM more seriously than I ever can you. I chuckle everytime I see your faggot signature :tom:

Ghost of Vince Foster

• Cishet White Male
  • Death to all Hillary supporters
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
+13

Will take OFCOM more seriously than I ever can you. I chuckle everytime I see your faggot signature

I'm glad my signature triggers you so much that you start crying about it every time you see it.

The reason no one takes you seriously on here is that you're always the one faggot to swoop in to defend the honor of the EU, muslim rapists, Hillary Clinton, the BBC, Saudi Arabia, etc.

You're also a ball-less sack of shit for being too much of a coward to admit you strongly favored Clinton over Trump.

A faggot that voted for #Remain, loves the EU, loves muslim rapists, and defends the honor of Angela Merkel (Europe's Hillary) every chance he gets would vote for Hillary if you had the chance.

Who the fuck do you think you're kidding?