;

Author Topic: The Next Bigger Recession That Every is Talking About  (Read 7919 times)

Uncle Touchy

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Re: The Next Bigger Recession That Every is Talking About
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »
+1
Honestly I'm not sure how you can self identify as far right/Alt-Right and simultaneously buy into "one man can't make a difference so why bother, maaaaaaan".
One man.

One testicle.

All the difference in the world.

Grover Nigger is Lance Armstrong?!?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2017, 10:45:40 PM »
+3
I live in Florida.  In a county that voted nearly 70% republican.  Florida's delegates are legally bound to cast their vote for whoever wins the popular vote.  The election wasn't even close in this state, so what does it matter?  Trump lost the popular vote by millions nationally, yet he still won.   2,865,075 individual votes for clinton mattered so much Trump won anyway.  Tell me again what difference your individual vote makes?

Voting is the single least effective way of impacting the country and democracy.  Go door to door campaigning for a candidate and change 2 people's minds and you've doubled the effectiveness of your individual vote.  Start a PAC or run a TV ad and you'd probably have 10x that effect.  Voting is the laziest way of participating in democracy.  Giving people the illusion of control is the way a democratic government gives koolaid to it's masses - it's soothing and comforting to think you have some control over the people in power.

You don't.  Stop kidding yourself.

:goonsay:: "All I need to do is create The Perfect Meme, and I will tip the scales of history. Pshaw at your silly "voting", sheeple!"
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2017, 10:55:55 PM »
+5
someone has to cancel out miley cirus's vote, might's well be me

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: April 17, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »
+3
wonderful news, retail sales have declined for two straight months in 2017

"b-b-but its only a .03% drop in feb and .03% drop in march and sales are up 5.2% from 2016" the obama-loving cucks chirp

lol joke is on you because all other economic indicators, including consumer confidence are higher than they were in 2016 and retail lost 65,000 jobs over those two months NOPE NO BUBBLES HERE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE

https://consumermediallc.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/marts_current.pdf (pdf link)

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Sit upon thy spiky steed for glorious crusade!
  • Awards Swear on me mum m8 old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: April 17, 2017, 04:43:45 PM »

"b-b-but its only a .03% drop in feb and .03% drop in march and sales are up 5.2% from 2016" the obama-loving cucks chirp

lol joke is on you because all other economic indicators, including consumer confidence are higher than they were in 2016 and retail lost 65,000 jobs over those two months NOPE NO BUBBLES HERE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE

https://consumermediallc.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/marts_current.pdf (pdf link)
A June Fed hike is looking less and less likely. Wouldn't surprise me if we're back to QE next year.

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2017, 06:50:47 PM »
+5
It likely explains why Trump did a 180 with Yellen: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-did-trump-flip-flop-on-yellen-she-may-be-the-dove-he-needs-analysts-say-2017-04-12

Just keep printing out dem shekels and everything will be alright.

Edit: As a reminder, we never got out of the recession.  We currently have several bubbles (house, tech, car, student loan) running at once.  Even if Trump has a flawless financial strategy moving forward, you still have these yuge and bigly bubbles that can only pop in the shittiest way possible.  Bringing in more jobs isn't going to cover up for the fact that banks are now lending to minorities who make $25,000 a year but if you don't give them a $500,000 mortgage, you are rayciss.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:09:17 PM by (((👃👃👃))) »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2017, 07:08:58 PM »
+1

To be fair, at least in some segments like clothing and shoes, the warm winter fucked us over, as did the surprise snowstorms late which put off spring sales. Also a major factor--income tax refunds coming out late.

Panic later if it continues, but don't panic yet.
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2017, 07:37:00 PM »
+4
To be fair, at least in some segments like clothing and shoes, the warm winter fucked us over, as did the surprise snowstorms late which put off spring sales. Also a major factor--income tax refunds coming out late.

more retailers going bankrupt in Q1 2017 than in all of 2016 is not a cause for alarm. nor is losing over 87k jobs in the sector since last october

just let us transfer all our worthless fiat money over to shekels and then we will tell you when it is time to panic, you soft round plump goyim with your worthless homes and low interest bank accounts

Drain The Swamp And Fill It With Piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • gas the I love cock more thanjewsdoes
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Soldier You can't know! United Statesian Fuck you, dad! TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:52 PM »

:say:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:19:07 PM by Drain The Swamp And Fill It With Piss »
This forum, like all iterations before it was started by a small group of people, many of whom have been posting together on various spinoffs going on 15 years now.

Dog's plans for the forum have been extensively discussed with 3 of the other 4 fagmins, via group PM, over a period of months.

The only ones "subverting" the forum here are the swole cru/wn/alt rightards who, by their own admission, want to change this forum from what it was, was intended to be, and what the former and current owners want it to be.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2017, 08:06:52 PM »
+2

more retailers going bankrupt in Q1 2017 than in all of 2016 is not a cause for alarm. nor is losing over 87k jobs in the sector since last october

just let us transfer all our worthless fiat money over to shekels and then we will tell you when it is time to panic, you soft round plump goyim with your worthless homes and low interest bank accounts

I'm saying this isn't some concerning shit, but let me put this in perspective.

Some retailers, long in trouble, are imploding. I think the only one that caught me by surprise is Payless. Other retailers who didn't cuck under to the progress REEEEE and invite the pestilence of Kek upon them for blaspheming against the God Emperor are doing ok. Other sectors are also doing fine. The primary lawls that are to be had are from this being the natural result of raising the minimum wage.

Also I didn't see a break down on the 87K jobs lost; are those total jobs lost in the sector, or just 87K people stopped working retail? Sometimes the numbers don't accord for things like people swtiching employers or being able to get another job at another store.

The fun comes when they can't pay mortgages.

Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »
And a lot of this is e-commerce coming home to roost. Make no mistake about it, brick and mortar retail will decline by at least 50% in the coming decade or so. Some of these casualties are due to not adapting fast enough. Those who are changing their business model to accomodate online sales are doing better.

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Classicist The Gentry cold, dead hands Soldier You can't know! United Statesian Fuck you, dad! TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2017, 09:41:04 PM »
+8
And a lot of this is e-commerce coming home to roost. Make no mistake about it, brick and mortar retail will decline by at least 50% in the coming decade or so. Some of these casualties are due to not adapting fast enough. Those who are changing their business model to accomodate online sales are doing better.

turn over the forums and get the fuck out
This forum, like all iterations before it was started by a small group of people, many of whom have been posting together on various spinoffs going on 15 years now.

Dog's plans for the forum have been extensively discussed with 3 of the other 4 fagmins, via group PM, over a period of months.

The only ones "subverting" the forum here are the swole cru/wn/alt rightards who, by their own admission, want to change this forum from what it was, was intended to be, and what the former and current owners want it to be.

DAS FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Fucked a lesbian Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
That's not an argument  :stewart:

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »
Also I didn't see a break down on the 87K jobs lost; are those total jobs lost in the sector, or just 87K people stopped working retail? Sometimes the numbers don't accord for things like people swtiching employers or being able to get another job at another store.

The fun comes when they can't pay mortgages.

those are positions eliminated through store closings and bankruptcies. im of the opinion that its even worse since entire sectors of retail (childrens, sporting goods and casual) are now monopolies.

not so much for the store workers, but the people in purchasing, logistics, etc. good luck translating your niche experience to a different employer when the entire sector is down to one brand name.

InsideOutside

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »
+2

wait i thought it was the weather and late tax returns doing in brick and mortar retail

booga booga, just not the jewga

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2017, 11:59:01 PM »
+7

Excremental Marx

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2017, 03:23:12 AM »
+4

Yeah this doesn't get old at all.
Let me take you to the movies, Can I take you to the show
Let me be yours ever truly, Can I make your garden grow?

Semper Games

• Enemy Of The State
  • It's good to want things.
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Fascist You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2017, 04:02:26 AM »
+4

lol no one cares but you

Theoretically Offended

• Domestic Threat
  • Schrödinger's Otherkin
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2017, 04:15:29 AM »
+3

Grover autistic nigger

bigperm

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2017, 04:51:58 PM »
+1
It likely explains why Trump did a 180 with Yellen: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-did-trump-flip-flop-on-yellen-she-may-be-the-dove-he-needs-analysts-say-2017-04-12

Edit: As a reminder, we never got out of the recession.  We currently have several bubbles (house, tech, car, student loan) running at once.  Even if Trump has a flawless financial strategy moving forward, you still have these yuge and bigly bubbles that can only pop in the shittiest way possible.  Bringing in more jobs isn't going to cover up for the fact that banks are now lending to minorities who make $25,000 a year but if you don't give them a $500,000 mortgage, you are rayciss.

Serious question: When have we not been in a bubble? This entire thread is basically the equivalent of the guys who say the apocalypse is coming every single year; you're wrong constantly because you only have to be right once to say told ya so.

White folks was in the caves while we was building empires!

We built pyramids before Donald Trump even knew what architecture was…

We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it

A Serpico Amongst Mods [02|Feb 10:33 AM]:   (I always agree with BP :smug: )

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »
+1
The OMG CRE!!!!!!!! threads have been posted since sass so it's a little hard to take them seriously anymore.

I mean it's the slowest bubble burst in the history of everything or it ain't happening

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Unperson
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »
+4

Serious question: When have we not been in a bubble? This entire thread is basically the equivalent of the guys who say the apocalypse is coming every single year; you're wrong constantly because you only have to be right once to say told ya so.

The 1970's when Nixon allowed emission of credit unbacked by any other medium.  The dollar became the primary asset then that took the place of every other currency's backing because it would be the primary exchange medium for oil and mass manufacturing and transport was reaching the third world.

Every bubble hasn't been dealt with short of inflating it more since then.  Reagan basically took real money coming in (Social Security) and exchanged it for bonds, Clinton repealed Glass Steagall which set the stage for the Dot Com bubble of banks getting into business investment directly, Bush spent a ton on stimulus and did nothing to stop housing from turning into investment assets, and Lord Purpa put the Fed on the line for every college loan out there (also auto loans are at an all time high too).

The bubble will never burst until productivity wanes and nominal assets get exchanged back for tangible ones, which is right when millions of Americans will be retiring in the next 10-15 years.  They'll also need trillions of dollars in health care which will push productive investment out of the American economy.  This is not to say we're going to assless chaps Mad Max style but it just means there will be a very real shift of power, probably weakening the US somewhat and completely cratering Federal government power compared to local/state law and corporate power (when your currency is a shitwipe your government is a joke, just ask Greece).

FYI here is the nominal credit in the US:  https://www.rt.com/usa/166352-us-total-debt-sixty-trillion/

Note in the 1980's it was about 5 trillion when GDP was 4 trillion.  Now it's $60 trillion when GDP is $17 trillion.  That was also when the demographic of the US was a lot younger and a more responsible generation was in charge. 

Gold bugs are idiots but if you don't have a good amount of money tied up in real assets that people will want - housing not in Niggerville, widely valued collectibles, difficult to obtain equipment, not a bad time to start getting some.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »

Its not that we're in a bubble, its that the economy is "OK" while we've got quite a few of the emergency 2008 measures in place and we're in a bubble. If the bubble breaks are few protections that can be activated to keep people from getting swept up in a domino effect.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.