;

Author Topic: "I am Generation Y"  (Read 582175 times)

A Nice Solid Bible

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: "I am Generation Y"
« Reply #4000 on: December 27, 2016, 10:06:32 PM »

WHERE ARE MY GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS?!?!

AND FLYING CARS?!?!

It's weird not having a smart cellphone anymore as I don't need it for work anymore. I kinda like it. When I'm out, I'm out.

Five months later, and 2016 manages to satisfy even the weirdest gen Y requirements.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/27/a-south-korean-robotics-company-just-built-a-real-gundam/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V3cWskP78" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V3cWskP78</a>

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #4001 on: December 28, 2016, 12:55:15 AM »
+1

WHERE ARE MY GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS?!?!

AND FLYING CARS?!?!

It's weird not having a smart cellphone anymore as I don't need it for work anymore. I kinda like it. When I'm out, I'm out.

Five months later, and 2016 manages to satisfy even the weirdest gen Y requirements.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/27/a-south-korean-robotics-company-just-built-a-real-gundam/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V3cWskP78" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72V3cWskP78</a>

:facepalm:

It doesn't even come close, it's belt driven.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
His name was Harry Anderson

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan cold, dead hands Prepper Libertarian 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4004 on: December 29, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »
+6
How do you teach someone to show up? Wouldn't they just not show up to the class teaching them that?
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #4005 on: December 29, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »
+2
The relevancy of your question is directly tied to whether or not you have to pay in advance.

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan cold, dead hands Prepper Libertarian 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4006 on: December 29, 2016, 08:56:32 PM »
+14
I would bet 1000 hits of LSD that not one "student" there has ever paid their own money to attend.
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #4007 on: December 30, 2016, 06:09:31 AM »
+5
I would bet 1000 hits of LSD that not one "student" there has ever paid their own money to attend.

I'm sure there's a subset of independently wealthy, but developmentally challenged techies who watch TED Talks religiously and will tell everybody they know about the power of showing up.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria cold, dead hands Seaman (lol) old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4008 on: December 31, 2016, 01:48:59 AM »
+2
They should rename this FB page to "The Bitter Barren Womb Club".

https://www.facebook.com/itsokaytobechildfree/posts/720800728093365?pnref=story

ringer

• Domestic Threat
  • literally who?
    • Awards
« Reply #4010 on: December 31, 2016, 03:31:27 AM »
+3
How do you teach someone to show up? Wouldn't they just not show up to the class teaching them that?
Not all schemes or advertisements are well thought-out.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting White Chick You can't know! Fuck you, dad! United Statesian 420
    • Awards
« Reply #4011 on: December 31, 2016, 04:47:07 AM »
+2
Not all schemes or advertisements are well thought-out.

No but if these stupid asshole's parents are paying for this shit then why should the center even give a shit if they show up to the class to teach someone how to show up to shit?  28k a month to teach adults how to be adults? These parents can afford to pay 28k a month multiple times considering that relapse rate?

Seriously that mail article is lacking and yes they do link to it in their article but it's way more in depth. http://fusion.net/story/373561/yellowbrick-millennials-failure-to-launch/ It's a minimum of 10 weeks of treatment. So at 70k and that relapse rate to teach grown people how to function as adults in very nice apartments in a coed situation where romantic and sexual relations are allowed where they can still continue to drink or what the fuck ever,who gives a shit those idiots are not paying them for their eventual return visit,but there's apparently no real consequence just like there's never been any real consequences in these assholes lives either. What's the point of that? How do you need to be taught how to clean,cook,show up on time,schedule shit as an adult? Your parents literally did everything for you growing up and never taught you how to do shit? No chores cause the maid cleaned? Just wtf how? Great fucking scam they got going on there though. https://www.yellowbrickprogram.com/about/financial.html

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4012 on: December 31, 2016, 08:15:57 AM »
+10
It's for the children of very rich people who are habitual fuckups.  It gets them out of their parents' hair, keeps them inside a facility where they can't get another DUI, and hopefully gets them out of the house for good.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting White Chick You can't know! Fuck you, dad! United Statesian 420
    • Awards
« Reply #4013 on: December 31, 2016, 09:26:35 AM »
+2
It's for the children of very rich people who are habitual fuckups.  It gets them out of their parents' hair, keeps them inside a facility where they can't get another DUI, and hopefully gets them out of the house for good.

It's still stupid and it's obviously not working though if it takes repeat visits at those prices. I really get that it's for fuckup rich kids with idiot parents but you'd think after a couple of rounds of this useless shit their parents would get tired of this place? :jesse:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:28:47 AM by Yankees are Scum »

SooperPooper

• Cishet White Male
  • Non-shitposts: 0
    • Awards
« Reply #4014 on: December 31, 2016, 12:03:24 PM »
+4
Yas, how much would it cost for you to put up rich kids for a month to rehab them??
rofl I have a sig

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #4015 on: December 31, 2016, 12:06:38 PM »
+6
If you don't have $70k, I hear there is a cheaper option.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #4016 on: December 31, 2016, 02:26:48 PM »
+4
Yas, how much would it cost for you to put up rich kids for a month to rehab them??

At 28k per month,per fuck up I'd be motivated enough to at least get them able to run a household with one go instead of 10 weeks and multiple returns after that. Like it'd be a whole different thing if this was just another luxury resort style rehab for drug addicts,fine whatever,but that's not at all their focus. Retarded,special snowflakes who possibly have the sad brains,maybe substance abuse who have parents with more dollars than sense. I'll do it for half and I won't even call the generic multi vitamins I give them a stupid name,lol fucking nutriceuticals.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #4017 on: January 03, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
+3
Ever since Trump won I've noticed a trend in my Gen Y friends to legit shut down. As in they'll ask to talk about something else because they can't handle neutral debate that doesn't revolve around going GOD DAMN THAT DONALD TRUMP ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! They literally can't do it because it is upsetting them uncontrollable just to discuss reality and the hypotheticals that may come.

They also are letting the outcome of these politics depress them, like give them physical stress and mental anguish and despair and shit. I know the plural of anecdote isn't data so is anybody else noticing this type of trend?

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4018 on: January 03, 2017, 08:02:39 PM »
+10
It's strange I've felt as if a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders since trump won.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #4019 on: January 03, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »
+2
Ever since Trump won I've noticed a trend in my Gen Y friends to legit shut down. As in they'll ask to talk about something else because they can't handle neutral debate that doesn't revolve around going GOD DAMN THAT DONALD TRUMP ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! They literally can't do it because it is upsetting them uncontrollable just to discuss reality and the hypotheticals that may come.

They also are letting the outcome of these politics depress them, like give them physical stress and mental anguish and despair and shit. I know the plural of anecdote isn't data so is anybody else noticing this type of trend?

I haven't because no one I hang out with acts like this and I know plenty of younger people. How the fuck are ya'll finding all these snowflake retards? Is it cause I hang out with poors? Is this a problem only with middle class kids or something?

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Oh yeahhhhh
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4020 on: January 03, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
+1

Yeah my facebook feed is full of abloo bloo bloo and doom and gloom posting. It's pretty depressing for them. Thing is, Trump hasn't even taken office yet and they are freaking out.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #4021 on: January 03, 2017, 09:13:53 PM »
+1
The only person I see flipping out on facebook is my dad and he's fucking stupid anyways. Blahblahblah he's going to kill the disabled and arrrghghgh the end is nigh! STFU,you embarrassing,asshole.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4022 on: January 03, 2017, 09:53:09 PM »
+7

The election broke a lot of brains.  I went to a liberal college campus and for the 2004 election, even the far left "fine arts" majors got over it in about a week.  Here it is two months and people are still moping about it.

Generation Y is just poorly equipped to deal with anything that doesn't go exactly their way.  Just imagine if they had to deal with any real adversity in their lives.

Yankees are Scum

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #4023 on: January 03, 2017, 10:31:48 PM »
+6
The election broke a lot of brains.  I went to a liberal college campus and for the 2004 election, even the far left "fine arts" majors got over it in about a week.  Here it is two months and people are still moping about it.

Generation Y is just poorly equipped to deal with anything that doesn't go exactly their way.  Just imagine if they had to deal with any real adversity in their lives.

But I know people the exact same age as the broke brains assholes and they aren't acting like that. I don't think it totally has to do with age. Could be cause with the people I know mommy and daddy hasn't given them everything they've ever wanted and said yes to everything but that's just a hunch. I just think the people literally depressed over this shit are totally coddled faggots who need to stfu.

level 69 memelord

• Unperson
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #4024 on: January 04, 2017, 02:49:49 AM »
+5

But I know people the exact same age as the broke brains assholes and they aren't acting like that. I don't think it totally has to do with age. Could be cause with the people I know mommy and daddy hasn't given them everything they've ever wanted and said yes to everything but that's just a hunch. I just think the people literally depressed over this shit are totally coddled faggots who need to stfu.

nobody you know is registered to vote
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.