;

Author Topic: The NFL Deathwatch Thread  (Read 16050 times)

sharktits and all

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' The Gentry cold, dead hands KURWA Libertarian Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old
    • Awards
Re: The NFL Deathwatch Thread
« Reply #500 on: November 02, 2017, 07:05:04 AM »
+7
The Astros are cool but they won’t win bc the dodgers are a larger market sooooooo........

:wrong:

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #501 on: November 02, 2017, 07:48:51 AM »
+1
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:52:17 AM by Dem Wypipo »

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #502 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:42 PM »
+5
Old people with decreasing incomes as they retire are the major demographic of the NFL and they're alienating them on all fronts.
You have to define "old." The Millenials on here think a 45 year old is a Baby Boomer. Lots of Gen Xers are huge football fans. We remember great rivalries and we have family traditions tied up in football from HS to NFL. We are the ones spending the real cash on apparel and tickets, box seats, $8 beers and cable packages. But we are also the last patriotic generation. We came out of the Cold War. We lived with a nuclear threat and real, tangible enemies. Not some skinny faggots with diapers on their head killing women and children for an insane pedophile religion; humans that add almost no value to life. They are confused and angry, they abuse women, they are physically unfit for any real work. They kill for no discernable goal. Our enemies deserve no respect.

And in this environment, when we think the country should have more national pride than ever, we see our own citizens disrespect the flag we grew up pledging allegiance to. We are the ones who pulled the plug. Old people quibble over pennies, don't tip their waiters and wear clothes they bought 30 years ago. They're not the lifeblood of the NFL and have not been for a long time.

You're also forgetting the yuge contingent of black NFL fans. They steal buy a considerable amount of gear, cheap seat tickets and cable packages. Don't leave black people out of the calculus when they can basically dictate to an icon like ESPN and change its constitution in a way that it will scuttle it's own ship rather than repair its damage.

LOL us Xers are coming into our own but you have to face it, we're old, the NFL rivalries were for teams long since past and the world has changed.  The Boomers were faggots and are blowing through their savings chasing the world you're talking about, but it doesn't exist anymore.  The Evil Empire doesn't have its finger on the bomb anymore, it's stealing our credit card numbers through underground networks and defrauding us.  The FBI and CIA are and have been largely ineptly run organizations not unlike the Kremlin where any success is blind luck.  Patriotism and American exceptionality is largely a lie, we're nothing special and without the virtues that made the country great, we're a budding third world nation like any other if we settle for scraping out a living stepping on our neighbors. 

Also I hope that last part is ironic, because black people are 13% of the nation and don't have the money to spend an extra hundred bucks a month on NFL packages and don't attend games with nearly the same frequency.  Look at any NFL crowd and black people are maybe 5% total. 

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #503 on: November 02, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »
+2
The Astros are cool but they won’t win bc the dodgers are a larger market sooooooo........

:wrong:

:pound:

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • When's the damn game on?
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #504 on: November 11, 2017, 01:31:00 PM »
+7
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/law-professor-stop-saying-football-players-have-constitutional-right-kneel-during-national

Whether or not one approves of NFL players taking a knee or sitting during the National Anthem, there is one thing everyone agrees on: they have the right to do so.

“Free speech, which is enshrined right there in the 1st Amendment, is not something that you only get at certain times,” said CNN’s editor-at-large Chris Cillizza. “You get it all the time. It's literally a founding principle of this nation.”

Numerous NFL players and supporters voiced similar sentiments, including reigning Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady, a friend and supporter of the president.

“It's part of our democracy,” said the Patriots quarterback. “As long as it is done in a peaceful, respectful way, that is what our country has been all about.”

There’s just one problem. The 1st Amendment doesn’t work that way.  Anyone who’s ever bothered to read the U.S. Constitution knows that the 1st Amendment begins with, “Congress shall make no law ….”

But don’t take it from me. This is what legal scholar Teresa Stanton Collett had to say on the subject:

“I don't watch football. I don't care about football. But I do care about constitutional literacy. Please stop saying football players have first amendment rights to disregard the direction of their private employers while engaged in privately sponsored activities -- which is what NFL football games are,” said Collett, a professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. “They have no more constitutional protection for their expressive activities than I do for mine at my private Catholic university. Any 'rights' they have are based on their contracts and employment law.”

As posted earlier in the thread, the NFL games operations manual is explicit that the teams all stand on the sidelines for the anthem, hands over their heart, helmets in the left hand. Failure to do so may result in suspension, fines or other penalties.

Later in the article:
Collett points to the case of Kelvin Cochran as an example of how few protections employees actually have. Cochran, a fire chief from Georgia, was terminated after a local councilman learned that he had published a book on faith that contained a few pages expressing support for the orthodox Christian view on sexual relations.

As private employees, NFL players have even fewer protections than Cochran. (Cillizza atually acknowledges this fact later in his CNN piece: “Yes, the NFL is a private association made up of 32 team owners. And, yes, as such, they have the right to fire or penalize an employee who, they believe, engages in conduct unbecoming to the team.”)

CNN - the paper of record in Clownworld.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #505 on: November 11, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
+7
You know what, let's get away from calling them "owners" because that's puts me in the mind of a slaveholder. Let's say "The 32 NFL Chairmen." Thanks for your support in this trying time.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #506 on: November 11, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »
+10
The owners are virtue-signalling cucks who have sided with their players in the name of political correctness instead of siding with their fans, which they are perfectly within their rights to do. 

It is another case of suicide by SJW.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Last known picture of Ashli Kyanka.
    • Awards
« Reply #507 on: November 11, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
+5
You know what, let's get away from calling them "owners" because that's puts me in the mind of a slaveholder. Let's say "The 32 NFL Chairmen." Thanks for your support in this trying time.

I think you mean "Chairpeople."   :christina:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
+2

I think you mean "Chairpeople."   :christina:
And what if they identify as discorporeal entities, bigot?  :madgoon:
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

One fly brotherfucker

• Unperson
  • Say it to my Face.
  • Awards Prepper Lutheran United Statesian Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Sins of the Puppet Master
    • Awards
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2017, 11:53:41 PM »
+11
None of this shit would have happened with the XFL.

foreverial tiedup and delitized wow

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #510 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »
+22
:nfl:

Petty Hate Machine

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • Awards Lutheran Soldier Prepper The Gentry cold, dead hands Texan old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #511 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:47 AM »
+2
None of this shit would have happened with the XFL.

Indeed.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYFXr6eSHc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYFXr6eSHc</a>
This unfortunate race, whom we had been taking so much pains to save and to civilize, have by their unexpected desertion and ferocious barbarities justified extermination and now await our decision on their fate.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #512 on: November 15, 2017, 04:05:51 AM »
+2
Knew what it was before even clicking.  :allears:

Last Boy Scout is fucking awesome.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

Pil G. Rim

• Unperson
  • No More Amber Waves Of Grain
  • Awards Better dead than red United Statesian You can't know! Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #514 on: November 16, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »
+7
Better Immigrants, Better Society, Bitter White Peepoe.