;

Author Topic: TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry  (Read 467632 times)

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Classicist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Rethuglikkkan United Statesian
    • Awards
TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry
« on: January 12, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
+4
TVIV and CineD are two of the worst subforums on all of Something Awful. They are extremely clickish, write 888 essays that rival D&D and absolutely full of the worst faggotry possible. TVIV might be the worst of the worst, it was modded by an ex-pedophile and is tightly controlled by a clique of troons, obese faggots and cat ladies pontificating about trans rights, feminism and racism in fucking sitcoms.

Also, they write like real faggots:

Quote from: soapgish
The subtext of the episode was fabulously penned and executed, no doubt about it, but while a few bits were quite humorous it just wasn't a very funny episode for me. And that's fine as it excelled in other capacities though this season thus far feels like they're going for clever before funny.

And you're in real trouble if you say anything they find remotely offensive

Quote from: Occupation
Quote from: Irish Joe
     They probably don't. She was on Mom this week and when I first saw her I thought she looked like a pug dog in a dress

Hey yo joe I usually spend my time defending you from people who bandwagon about how terrible of a poster you are since posts about your being a terrible poster are terrible posts in and of themselves but this comment was definitely sexist and kinda racist
Quote from: Occupation
Canine comparisons are common insults to both women (bitches) and blacks (junkyard dogs). It's also a shitty thing to say in general but the terms are charged

they will pile up on you if you say something offensive like "Girls is really shit I don't like it and it's stupid to say that people criticize it because they hate women"

Quote from: precision
Thank you. Exactly the point. It has nothing to do with misogyny, which is just a cheap buzzword to hide behind in order to avoid really answering questions in a meaningful way.

No matter how poorly worded a reporter's question, is it really justified to ask back "Do you have a girlfriend? Is she happy with you?"

Fuck Lena Dunham, and fuck Judd Apatow.

pile the fuck on

Quote from: BrooklynBruiser

:frogout: :frogout: :frogout: :frogout:

what the gently caress is wrong with you
You still don't get to call misogyny a cheap buzzword.
Quote from: DivisionPost
Yeah, you don't get to call misogyny a cheap buzzword and you don't get to drop that Henry Rollins quote after saying
Quote from: Slamhound
"Professional" and "unprofessional" are cheap buzzwords. Despite conventional wisdom, there are stupid questions and pointing them out and mocking them is perfectly acceptable. What response could that reporter possibly have expected to his question?
Quote from: Division Post
I'm telling you this as calmly as possible:

Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so. In fact, for somebody who obviously long ago decided not to care about these people, you sure jump at the chance to talk about them when the subject comes up. I mean we'd already moved past this conversation, but that didn't stop you from getting your two cents in.

And as far as how you could have phrased yourself better initially? Well, for starters, "They're using misogyny as a cheap buzzword." A small change that makes a world of difference. But there's more, because you insisted on saying more: Your passive-aggressive behavior in your last post would have gone over a little better if you could recognize the self-righteousness within your previous posts -- particularly, having an ugly reaction to someone because they had an ugly reaction to an ugly question.

You're right, precision, we're all friends here, and my definition of friendship is being honest and blunt when I feel it's necessary. So, honestly, bluntly, you're being a dick. And I'm not going to hold it against you too much because I've been a dick in the past and I'm being a dick right now. I will strive to be less of a dick in the future, but like with you, the right subject -- Girls is one of them -- will bring out my Inner Dick. (Go ahead and laugh.) And if you want to know what you can do to be less of a dick? Don't drop quotes about "not hating" when it's obvious that you've got plenty of room for hate, and maybe ease up from talking about shows you clearly don't care for. And yeah, watch how you phrase accusations of decoy misogyny because that can REALLY make you look like a dick.

I'll let you in on a little secret: I stopped watching Girls halfway through season 2. Couldn't hang with the show anymore. When I talk about it, it's usually about how other people talk about it. The show itself no longer interests me, and neither do two of the three personalities behind it (I still like Apatow's movies). So I haven't really talked about the content of the show. I mean, CLEARLY it still hits a nerve with me, but it's got nothing to do with whatever stories are being told. Maybe that's vacuous (for want of the proper word) in its own right. I don't know. Point is, there's a million other things to talk about; when Henry Rollins says "Don't hate," I'd bet money that he also means "Don't waste your time."
Quote from:
precision I think you're a cool guy but your argument reads to me like "I don't like Girls, therefore I'm going to massively overstate the unprofessionalism of the producers compared to the reporter", because gently caress, I don't care how professional I'm meant to be, if someone asked me that question about a show I made I would do far more than make a couple of shots, and it absolutely would have ruined the rest of the event for me. Everything about the way the question was phrased is disgustingly offensive.

I shit you not, as a punishment precision had to write the OP for Girls to be forgiven by the tv couch crew.

Quote from: precision
Hell, I'll do it, just as a mea culpa for my poor word choice earlier. And I swear I won't say anything negative (at least, not in the OP)!

I'll do it tonight unless someone else really has a burning desire to do it.

They do that shit all the time on people they don't like, usually organize on IRC and used to get mod warning when too back off to avoid having their pet thread locked.

so yeah post all the retarded shit that fills both places if you dare read 14000 words about how the last episode of Shield is really a metaphor for 19th century Polish suffragette and modern rape culture.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:24:08 PM by cis scum »

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Classicist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Rethuglikkkan United Statesian
    • Awards
Re: TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »
+2
One of the gatekeepers of TVIV is brooklynbruiser. He's constantly on their irc channel and fancies himself one of the thought leaders of the d&d crew. he'll go in other forums specifically to raise shit up with tv iv posters he doesn't like. Especially when he thinks they are racist or sexist or like shows he doesn't.

He was also the driving force with getting Azure_Horizon banned. Not because he was a genuine rapist, but because he fucking hated his guts and found a convenient reason to get him to be banned. If someone had said a gay guy who has sex with other guys who claim they are "straight" but start sucking dick when they are wrong he would call you homophobic and kinkshaming clearly those guys were gays to begin with. I mean he literally has said that in the past discussing a character from a show.

Irish Joe said a certain black actress looked like "a pug in a dress" on last night's episode of some comedy.
Given the extensive history of comparing black people to dogs being a way of degrading them... Yeah, it was fairly racist.
Quote from: zoux
You know what's even worse than that? All these posts.

"Guys please don't call out racism, I don't like reading about it."
Quote from: Rapey Joe Stalin
    Maybe it's a cultural thing distinct to America, and Irish Joe is actually spending his Wednesday nights wearing a pillowcase, but using dogs to describe black people really isn't a thing where I'm from.
It's very much a thing in the USA.

And, just a tip for the future, but perhaps try to not comment on things you aren't familiar with?
Quote from: thexerox123
Or maybe you could try to recognize that there are people from places aside from the US in this thread? For gently caress's sakes. Do you know for a fact that Irish Joe is from the US, even?

Since when do you have to be from the US to judge whether or not something is racist?

When talking about an American actress, in an American show, on an American network, it's probably a good idea to have some idea of how comments might be viewed by Americans.
Do you not see how dehumanizing people by making them sound bestial is a really, really common thing that racists do?
And again you show your ignorance - "You're the real racist for noticing racism!" is a depressingly common argument in American racial discourse.

Yeah he keeps on piling on people he doesn't like screaming about racism and sexism all the time. Not just the quotes in the OP but yeah here he goes again:
Quote from: Irish Joe
    Is Luke Cage a good black series?

What, pray tell, constitutes a "black series"?

And yeah just fucking shrill in general
I have no idea what you mean by "gay show," but saying you can't watch something because it's too gay is awfully pejorative.
Quote from: Austrian mook
    what the gently caress does abelist mean?

Like racist/sexist/classist, but with disabled people.

Oh yeah, and that's what he looks like:
Quote from: BrooklynBruiser" post="419091196
Me and my girlfriend. :3:

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 03:36:28 PM »
+1
99% of TV and movies are lowest common denominator crap so it's hardly surprising that any group of people devoted to discussion of these topics would be filled with retards.

It's not just that they watch and obsess over bullshit show, it's the fact that they are the vanguards of sjws, punishing wrongthink and worst catladies of the forum. Just look at the guy i did a mini-profile of. I didn't even need to go quote mining everything I just quoted, by the way. I just had to go through the last two/three pages of chat.

Gender Swapped Dinosaur

• Unperson
  • Perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »
+1
What can you expect from the former fiefdom of Aatrek?

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
+5
i have never heard of black people being compared to dogs
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
+5
look at tuss thinking these people really care about accuracy and don't use bullshit excuses to bludgeon people they don't like into silence.

No one has ever called black people "junkyard dogs" as a racial slur ever.

asip

• Unperson
  • Awards United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
+5
God forbid you criticize Skyler as a character in a Breaking Bad thread.

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Commie Fascist Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
+1

Gender Swapped Dinosaur

• Unperson
  • Perhaps you may be able to help solve a mystery.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 03:59:37 PM »
+2
God forbid you criticize Skyler as a character in a Breaking Bad thread.

I imagine if a popular female character Agent Scully or Kara Thrace had a boyfriend/husband who spent his time whining that was spending too much time working or some shit, no one would like him either.

GFR

• Unperson
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »
+13
i have never heard of black people being compared to dogs

The lower primates, certainly, but never canines. The difference is I'd let a canine into my home.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »
+3

Ultimately, what it comes down to with me for Girls is that the lack of not-white people undercuts the core idea of authenticity. I'm a white 20-something living in NYC. I know people like the characters in Girls. I know a lot of them. I stopped watching Girls because I realized that I simultaneously identified with and utterly loathed the characters. It is a simple fact of living in New York City that your life will regularly include a lot of interaction with people of basically every conceivable background. You can't be a show that is about an authentic New York City experience and not have people of color in it. You just can't.

LISTEN TO THE FAT PASTY WHITE FATFUCK!
 :alex:
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »
+6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkyard_Dog
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/junkyard_dog

Doesn't seem to be a racial slur anywhere...

better: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=junkyard%20dog

Eight definitions, some with multiple entries, and not one has anything to do with race.

And if Urban Fuckin' Dictionary doesn't say that a word can be used to insult blacks, you know with goddamn mathematical certainty that it's never been used that way, ever, in the history of humanity.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »
+1
i mean brooklyndodger stopped watching Girls because while he identifies with a bunch of fat and aimless girls in their 20s living in new york city, it wasn't "diverse enough".

For the record, it is utterly unrealistic for someone to live in a version of New York City that is as white as Girls' version of New York City.
"We want to accurately portray New York and groups of people."

The whole POINT is that their version of New York City is inaccurately white!
I wouldn't care nearly as much if they didn't go on and on about wanting to portray a real and accurate New York. I don't think shows should have to fill quotas, but claiming that accuracy to reality is important to the show and then having it be as white as it is... That's some bullshit right there.
Ultimately, what it comes down to with me for Girls is that the lack of not-white people undercuts the core idea of authenticity. I'm a white 20-something living in NYC. I know people like the characters in Girls. I know a lot of them. I stopped watching Girls because I realized that I simultaneously identified with and utterly loathed the characters. It is a simple fact of living in New York City that your life will regularly include a lot of interaction with people of basically every conceivable background. You can't be a show that is about an authentic New York City experience and not have people of color in it. You just can't.

All of his own friends are white and most of them online lmao. I'm gonna guess he feels really uncomfortable that he's living in one of the most diverse cities in ameirca and his only friends are other white liberal faggots like him

I mean keep him mind that him, occupation, aatrek and other TV IV guys meet up on IRC friday nights to play a virtual game of dungeons and dragons. Yes, you read that right. :tuss:

SSOUL TRANN

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Plexxed
  • ♪♫ play that tranny card fat white boy ♫♪
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. old United Statesian Libertarian Better dead than red Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Self-loathing The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 04:06:52 PM »
+2
The more I read about these kind of white-guilt ridden, feministic, dickless, arrogant douchebags the angrier I get.  Gen Y is pozzed as fuck.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 04:08:30 PM »
+6

LISTEN TO THE FAT PASTY WHITE FATFUCK!
 :alex:

I'd also like to point out, that ISN'T his girlfriend, it's just some poor girl traveling too close to him and couldn't escape from his gravity well.

REVERSE ENGINES! OH GOD I PASSED THE EVENT HORIZON!!!!! HELPPPPPPPMEEEEEEEE!!!

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 04:18:44 PM »
+1
I mean keep him mind that him, occupation, aatrek and other TV IV guys meet up on IRC friday nights to play a virtual game of dungeons and dragons. Yes, you read that right. :tuss:

Please tell me that they still play with the pedo even after he was kicked out of SA. :allears:

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
+1
I don't know they basically refer him as "that guy" and I don't have any overt proofs that they do. On one hand, I wouldn't be surprised but on the other they are so quick to turn on each others at the first sign of breaking rightthink rank that it might have turned into a competition to see who could rail on him the hardest and retcon 'Oh I always thought he was creepy' even if they spent hours every day chatting with him and sucking his dick for being a mod

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 04:22:26 PM »
+1

Please tell me that they still play with the pedo even after he was kicked out of SA. :allears:

Come on, they really needed that Wizard with his staff of plus one child anal rape to fill out the party.

deeply jewish kind of pervert

• Cishet White Male
  • JIDF
  • popping shekels
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon 420
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »
+2
"i'll conveniently forget you wanna fuck kids if you lend us your prowess with the sword for this dungeon run, sir knight"  :goonbeer:

I want to personally apologize to every reader who was hurt by the Sausage Party review. I failed you as a senior editor of this website and I failed you as an ally. I am wholly sorry for the pain and anger I caused you. I offer you no justification. I was blinded by my own whiteness existing inside a system of white supremacy. I must do better. I will do better.

Harry D Greek

• Cishet White Male
  • http://i.imgur.com/U2hZuN9.png
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
+17
A truly authentic New York City experience is spending all day cooped up in your room, on the internet, defending people of color from racist TV watchers.
Quote from: a man with an asymmetrical haircut
This was posted on the page before, but I was only able to catch up on this thread now. I'd like to point out that not all lesbian relationships have two vaginas, and it really sucks as a queer trans woman to hear this sort of generalization all the time.

Quote from: Vargo
Just realized Billy Oceans "get out of my dreams (and into my car)" is pretty blatantly about street harassment

Hyperbole

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
+1
They got into a huge argument in the Doctor ho thread because a few posters were suggesting that the Doctor shouldn't regenerate into a woman.

Cue pages and pages of people accusing Rhyno of being sexist and backwards thinking, oh and a few red titles too!

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
+1

Do goons know you can have surgery to fix the fact that 85% of your smile is your fucking gums?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_lengthening

Internet Catchphrase

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • ts12 and counting
  • Awards Jesuit Sasstronaut Italian cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 05:04:36 PM »
+2

REVERSE ENGINES! OH GOD I PASSED THE EVENT HORIZON!!!!! HELPPPPPPPMEEEEEEEE!!!

Where we're going, you won't want eyes to see.

food desert

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »
+5
I really don't have the effort posting ability to say how much TVIV and CineD suck. The amount of subtext those broken tv addicts look for in the most simplest of media to fit their SJW worldview is pathetic. Nothing can ever be enjoyed as it is presented. Everything is racist, misogynist, classist or (blank)-phobic.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 05:55:27 PM »
+1
They got into a huge argument in the Doctor ho thread because a few posters were suggesting that the Doctor shouldn't regenerate into a woman.

Cue pages and pages of people accusing Rhyno of being sexist and backwards thinking, oh and a few red titles too!

Here's an example from that thread today:
Quote from: Chairman Mao" post="424324763
Also I feel like Aldred being cool with it makes the whole "let's make Ace HOT!" thing a whole lot less creepy. I mean these are the NAs so I imagine some of you could dig up a passage or two to make me eat my fucking words but it just seems a whole lot less skeevy than sexualizing a character that bears her likeness without her knowledge or consent.

Context: he's talking about some tie in books that were written for the show 20 years ago when it was cancelled. They changed one of the characters on the show and continued her intended arc that had been planned by the writers and producers, which included having her grow up and become more of an adult. This included having sex and relationships. While this is debatably skeevy, "Chairman Mao"'s issue with this is that the ACTRESS might not have consented to the change of the character in books that were written 10 years after a role she had for 3 years ended. A character she didn't have the rights to in any way. :tuss: This is like saying the writers of the last 3 Bond flicks with Daniel Craig had no right to change anything about the characterization of James Bond without consulting Sean Connery.

There's posters in each thread who "mod" the thread and pile on to anyone who commits wrongthink. Not just SJW opinions but who has different opinions, good or bad about the show. A thread is either dedicated to "hatewatching" or sucking off the show, and if you differ from established opinion you will be mocked or ignored at best or driven out at worst. There's several threads I don't even read or post in of shows I do like because they are just so terrible.

Aatrek used to do this basically for the Star Trek thread, where there were only like 5 acceptable topics and certain opinions were Wrong. But even after he's gone this has just spread over a bunch of other threads by non-mods.