;

Author Topic: Chris Roberts Presents: Chris Roberts Star Citizen: Refund Edition  (Read 65639 times)

Drain The Swamp And Fill It With Piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • gas the I love cock more thanjewsdoes
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Fuck you, dad! United Statesian You can't know! Soldier cold, dead hands The Gentry Classicist
    • Awards
Re: Chris Roberts Presents: Chris Roberts Star Citizen: Refund Edition
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
+32
wow, if they refuse to hire niggers and they call eachother faggots all day long, maybe i should throw them some money
This forum, like all iterations before it was started by a small group of people, many of whom have been posting together on various spinoffs going on 15 years now.

Dog's plans for the forum have been extensively discussed with 3 of the other 4 fagmins, via group PM, over a period of months.

The only ones "subverting" the forum here are the swole cru/wn/alt rightards who, by their own admission, want to change this forum from what it was, was intended to be, and what the former and current owners want it to be.

EaglesDick

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Took down a Goon United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2015, 12:46:48 PM »
+9
What if i hired faggots and called them niggers? Would you throw me some money?
Quote from: Zeitgueist" post="418198255
It wouldn't be the first time that people in or related to the forums tried to harass someone into suicide.
It's sad because basically Fire's biggest offense is trying to be a decent human being.

Quote from: Zeitgueist" post="418199650
Hello Something Sensitive poster Clemen.

Even if this were true(it's not), people got mad because he doesn't find it funny to shit on people, unlike Real Internet Cool People.

EaglesDick

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Took down a Goon United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2015, 12:48:01 PM »
+4
Want a job?

sorry low hanging fruit man
It wouldn't be the first time that people in or related to the forums tried to harass someone into suicide.
It's sad because basically Fire's biggest offense is trying to be a decent human being.

Even if this were true(it's not), people got mad because he doesn't find it funny to shit on people, unlike Real Internet Cool People.

Drain The Swamp And Fill It With Piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • gas the I love cock more thanjewsdoes
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Fuck you, dad! United Statesian You can't know! Soldier cold, dead hands The Gentry Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2015, 01:03:11 PM »
+2
What if i hired faggots and called them niggers? Would you throw me some money?

that depends.  could you also scam goons out of over a quarter million bux?  i'd throw you some seed money if you gave me some assurances.
This forum, like all iterations before it was started by a small group of people, many of whom have been posting together on various spinoffs going on 15 years now.

Dog's plans for the forum have been extensively discussed with 3 of the other 4 fagmins, via group PM, over a period of months.

The only ones "subverting" the forum here are the swole cru/wn/alt rightards who, by their own admission, want to change this forum from what it was, was intended to be, and what the former and current owners want it to be.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2015, 06:17:01 PM »
+6
wow, if they refuse to hire niggers and they call eachother faggots all day long, maybe i should throw them some money

KKKickstarter

Waltzing Matilda

• Cishet White Male
  • Tomorrow Person
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' old Goon or Ex-Goon Strayan
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:33 PM »
+3
Hmmm.  Looks like you can't call trannies fucked up in GBS any more.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744377&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post450931578

picture of Wu

Would

E: ok maybe not after seeing who it was. Cant really tell thats a fucked up tranny on my phone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2015, 06:42:48 PM »
+2
How do you blow more than 77 million on a space game?

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2015, 06:47:40 PM »
+3
Hmmm.  Looks like you can't call trannies fucked up in GBS any more.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744377&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post450931578

picture of Wu

Would

E: ok maybe not after seeing who it was. Cant really tell thats a fucked up tranny on my phone.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ralp defending a troon's honor.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 06:57:31 PM »
+6
Blow.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

EaglesDick

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 08:53:26 PM »
+2
hire a few hundred people with brand new AAA equipment with offices in several countries for several years

Martin Looter King

• Cishet White Male
  • Allah Cuntbar, Piss be upon him
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Libertarian United Statesian 420 old
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »
+3
It is almost like these faggots didn't learn from the whole John Romero thing in the 90s.

Scope creep is the number one reason software projects go sideways.  Rather than go the Elite Dangerous route and launch a MVP with core features and gameplay, then add in content patches/expansions... they decided to make a nightmare of a feature set MMO. 

Elite Dangerous is kinda boring at the moment, but the core sim is solid and they continue to add gameplay features and will be for a very long time. 
she has an weird expression (or face) and i'm just not into it at all :shrug:

i mean im not saying she's ugly or wouldn't bang, she's utterly forgettable to me and deffo not my type

edit: might as well clarify further before the chimpouts over mlady: yes yes shes like an 8 or a 9 or whatever no need to get the fedoras out but im sure she appreciates the white knighting

edit 2: wait wait seriously i just reread the page and is she really 15? i thought that he was joking at first but is he actually serious? because take that fucking picture down if it's the case you fucking weirdo what the fuck

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 09:33:11 PM »
+9
The original SC pitch had something like 12 games worth of ideas in it. Like it's Eve with better space battles but also you could find abandoned ships and explore them and maybe space zombies attack you and the game seamlessly loads an entire FPS system!!! Then ten more ideas about as half-baked.

Quality lols for days.

The Goon Patroon

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 11:05:19 PM »
+7
This always happens, i don't know if there's a name for the phenomenon, but the more money you just give out to someone, the greater the chance is they'll cock up whatever they're doing, whereas if you give people a fixed budget with a little bit of leeway here and there for more money they have a much better chance of accomplishing what they set out to do.

I shouldn't really be surprised that these goons are suckered into believing the impossible, they are marxists and communists after all.

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2015, 12:13:17 AM »
+4
You could compare Star Citizen to Double Fine's Broken Age.

Double Fine did a kickstarter for $300K and got $3.3 million.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fine-adventure/description

Then instead of being smart and limiting the money and keeping the project with in scope the director, Tim Schafer, decided to expand everything. He hired celebs to do voices, expanded the story and length of the game, and then spend all day on twitter fighting with fans over how he was spending the money.

After the First act of the game came out, fans found out they ran out of money to do the 2nd act. They then magically got enough money from scraping one of their other games on Steam Early Access, to finish the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAd8Ls8Mwl4

And like the Star Citizen guy he screams that it isn't his fault and everyone else is an ass.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-27-bobby-kotick-slags-off-tim-schafer

Double Fine boss Schafer told Eurogamer in July: "His [Kotick's] obligation is to his shareholders. Well, he doesn't have to be as much of a dick about it, does he? I think there is a way he can do it without being a total prick. It seems like it would be possible. It's not something he's interested in."

"The guy comes out and says I'm a prick," Kotick told the latest issue of Edge magazine.

"I've never met him in my life – I've never had anything to do with him. I never had any involvement in the Vivendi project that they were doing, Brütal Legend, other than I was in one meeting where the guys looked at it and said, 'He's late, he's missed every milestone, he's overspent the budget and it doesn't seem like a good game. We're going to cancel it.'

"And do you know what? That seemed like a sensible thing to do. And it turns out, he was late, he missed every milestone, the game was not a particularly good game..."

Kotick also insisted his infamous "taking the fun out of videogame development" quote was just a quip.

"That was a joke! The fact that there are people – and it's a small vocal minority – that actually think that I meant it... How do you combat that?"

He added: "This is my dream job. I've been playing games since I was 18 years old. I could have bought any company, but I bought a bankrupt game company, and I've been doing it for 21 years. This idea that I'm not passionate about videogames is ludicrous. But you say something and it gets taken out of context."

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 01:29:02 AM »
+41
it's p funny that doobies doghouse is real and star citizen isnt
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »
+3
it's p funny that doobies doghouse is real and star citizen isnt
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

40k Scrotal Sacks

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Commie Deutscher 420
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2015, 06:13:15 AM »
+15
Kickstarted Megaprojects are the best argument for having oppressive publishers whipping those poor poor developers into something resembling order. All these vidya superstars seem absolutely incapable of handling money.

EaglesDick

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »
+12
Kickstarted Megaprojects are the best argument for having oppressive publishers whipping those poor poor developers into something resembling order. All these vidya superstars seem absolutely incapable of handling money.
\

Another thing to keep in mind is that there is often a very good reason why they couldn't get invested in the first place.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2015, 10:36:30 AM »
+15
In Bruce Campbell's If Chins Could Kill he recounts how hard it was to get investment for the first Evil Dead movie with Sam and his other pals. The first thing investors saw on page one of the pitch was WARNING: The securities offered by this document are highly speculative, will have no market and should be considered only by an investor who has no plans to resell the security, and fully and adequately understands the risks involved and CAN AFFORD TO LOSE HIS ENTIRE INVESTMENT!

Then they had to disclose risk factors. They got embarrassed and stopped listing them after eleven. New Venture, Limited Financial Resources, Lack of Distribution Agreements, Reliance on Management, Failure to Engage Certain Key Employees, Liquidity of Investment, Federal Tax Consequences, No Guarantee of Completion, Lack of Diversification, Production Risk, Conflict of Interest.

My point being that man, it must be nice these days to pitch a few paragraphs of whimsy and high ideas to a mob of nerds. Not only are they nerds, most of them are dim-witted nerds. Dim-witted nerds who think they're uniquely intelligent! You don't even have to tell them the actual risks. You're not liable for anything that happens short of 100% failure to deliver any product and even that's a maybe. They don't even have any actual rights, power or protection as real investors. They just give you money, face towards vidya mecca and start praying. Compared to spending all day talking to dudes wearing suits in offices... what a breeze!

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
You could compare Star Citizen to Double Fine's Broken Age.

Counter Point: Brutal Legend was really fun and had great design, characters, and voice acting. Some parts felt mashed together, and you can definitely feel some parts were rushed, but still a really fun game with a good sound track. I had not read the budget and deadline issues however, and I guess that explains why we never got a brutal legend 2. (Of course with Timbo getting more-and-more pozzed as of late, maybe that's a good thing)

I backed two other TS games (before the depth of his pozz was revealed) based on the strength of Double Fine's other titles, and pretty much Monkey Island. Timmy-tim did not even get close to the deadline for half of his adventure game, which is all the more surprising given the fact that this was, you know, a fucking POINT AND CLICK GAME. There's not a lot of engine rewrites you need to invest in. HE also made some really odd choices for voice talent.

I backed, but have not played, the other Double Fine game "Massive Chalice" becuase I'm scared of what manner of pozz lies beyond the installer. They managed to hold the line at Men and Women need to fuck to produce children, but apparently not much else.

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Paedofinder General
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2015, 12:30:22 PM »
Massive Chalice was free on Xbox Live a while back. I played a bit of it, didn't notice anything in the way of poz.

Also Brutal Legend was awesome.

Travis Touchdown 2.0

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • Bitch
  • Awards Took down a Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »
My beef with Brutal Legend is that it was advertised AND demo'd as a completely different game than what we actually got, the original demo put you in the mindset that this was gonna be a Psychonauts-ish hack-and-slash platformer that also happened to be gory in a Gwar way with Jack Black in Tenacious D mode. The demo was fun, and helped with the hype, but anyone that bought the game later found that the meat of it's more like an RTS, only you have the option of doing all your cool 3rd-person shit during the RTS segments, with actual pure-platforming segments being few and far-between and limited to story segments for the most part. There is no platform less-suited for RTS controls than a console, and we didn't get an actual PC port with suitable controls until the game had already financially-flopped 5 years later

It's by no means horrible, it's just a really weird and unsuited gameplay style for what was advertised. It didn't help that Tim pitched it as a Metal Psychonauts, and at one point, maybe it was, but the fact he had to scream PSYCHONAUTS whenever he had a new project should've been a warning sign, because considering everything we know about him now, Psychonauts' success is probably the biggest once-in-a-lifetime flukes of his career, and he doesn't have the restraint OR studio competence to make something that detailed again

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:49 PM »
+2
jesus fuck p3 turned out to be a gigantic faggot trap and we're still sorting through the casulties

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2015, 02:39:08 PM »
I generally don't like platformers, so I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much if they'd gone that route.

There is no platform less-suited for RTS controls than a console, and we didn't get an actual PC port with suitable controls until the game had already financially-flopped 5 years later

Is completely fair, but I felt going a dynasty warriors sort of route made it much less painful than it could have been. I would have like PC for the RTS segments, but definitely prefer console for 3rd person melee stuff.

but the fact he had to scream PSYCHONAUTS whenever he had a new project should've been a warning sign, because considering everything we know about him now, Psychonauts' success is probably the biggest once-in-a-lifetime flukes of his career, and he doesn't have the restraint OR studio competence to make something that detailed again

Also very true.