;

Author Topic: 888 Unsourced Autistic Games and Animu Rants by ATOP  (Read 201691 times)

kornbeef

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Metal Fan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian Scrooge cold, dead hands The Gentry Better dead than red TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Boy Scout
    • Awards
Re: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #1275 on: August 07, 2017, 09:47:05 PM »
IIRC there was a guy from Project Spark, Mass Effect Andromeda(surprise, surprise), Tumblr, Imgur, Indeed and a few others who recounted their tales.
link if you have them

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Fuck you, dad! Classicist old Better dead than red Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #1276 on: August 08, 2017, 01:46:33 AM »
+7
The problem with programming and diversity is exactly what the Google internal shitlord letter pointed out: you need high intelligence and the capability to think in abstract terms and plan in advance. White Caucasian and Southeast-Asian males are most likely to have these attributes while blacks should be quite a rare sight in the tech world.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Fuck you, dad! Classicist old Better dead than red Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #1277 on: August 08, 2017, 01:57:23 AM »
+3
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40859004

The controversial memo broke the firm’s code of conduct, Google’s chief executive Sundar Pichai said on Monday in an email to employees.

The memo, shared widely at the weekend, suggested there were fewer women at Google due to biological differences.

Mr Pichai said the text crossed the line due to it "advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace”.

I'm shocked to my very core.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #1278 on: August 08, 2017, 02:08:22 AM »
+10
There's rumors of Google Higher ups going on racist tirades about white people and wanting them to know nothing but poverty and suffering for eons for all the wrongs that they did to the human race. They essentially seem to believe in the need to pay for the crimes of your ancestors by being eternally shamed and barred from success.

There has to be videos out there somewhere google has cameras all over the place.

For people who claim to be so advanced, the desire for something like a feudal honor system seems so archaic.

I really hope trump torpedoes the inner circles of the tech industry by opening it up to more jobs. You're witnessing a stagnation of competition which is why companies like Google feel they can act as supreme overlord.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 02:15:22 AM by a torrent of piss »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #1279 on: August 08, 2017, 02:36:07 AM »
+1
Also reviewtechusa seems to be at their wits end with all this PC Police bullshit in games.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxod8afiqs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxod8afiqs</a>

A fucking vulgar furry joke is what started the fake rape allegations, A JOKE ABOUT FURRIES!

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #1280 on: August 08, 2017, 03:26:46 AM »
+13
Woah there guy take off that suit and tie go home and come back with your new trans gaping flesh wound, horrid flesh piercings, and purple partially shaven hairstyle, we have a strict dress code here at Google. If you wanna succeed you gotta follow the rules.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1281 on: August 08, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »
+17
Woah there guy take off that suit and tie go home and come back with your new trans gaping flesh wound, horrid flesh piercings, and purple partially shaven hairstyle, we have a strict dress code here at Google. If you wanna succeed you gotta follow the rules.

It's like a character select screen for a sjw fighting game.
His name was Harry Anderson

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #1282 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:18 AM »
+11
The brony/furry/whatever the fuck is the only one with a somewhat tangible job description and even that's lofty at best. Container Engine coder is at least something.

As for the others, I have no idea what they do.

"Programmer"
"Site reliability engineer"
"SWE"
"Customer Reliability Engineering"
"Technical Infrastructure"
"Go on Cloud"
"Diversity and Inclusion"

I have no clue what those things are or what they actually work on. All those titles scream "cubicle nigger" which there's nothing wrong with. Just fucking say "cube nigger" for fuck sake. The world needs us cube niggers. Shit, I'm a cube nigger who needs another cube nigger right now. The corner offices are all taken. What nobody needs is a cube nigger with a corner office ego, which is what those made up titles suggest.

I'm currently working with co-workers to hire a JavaScript programmer who has any familiarity with a specific investment management platform. We've all noticed that the more ~*unique*~ and !-important-! the job title they've crafted up for themselves sounds... the shittier they are. People with lame-ass titles such as "Query Scheduler" or "Database Migration Assistant" show that they've picked something specific and stuck with it, as opposed to being bounced around from project to project.

"Custom Cloud Architect" = you've been bounced around like a hooker on New Years. You're present during UML reviews, but you only exist there to drink a cup of coffee and eat a muffin. You have a shitty little line of code in every script but own nothing and command no projects. Even if you can say you're the owner/admin/maintainer of one tiny, simple little cog in the system, at least that cog is you. "Ok, so one of this candidate responsibilities is making sure the script starts at 7:30am and stops at 5:30pm every day, except on weekends and holidays... That's something we can work with."

If another "technical person" can't understand your fancy job title, you're not a super special unique alphanerd... You're just a douche.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:36:13 AM by blasting_asshole »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus! United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #1283 on: August 08, 2017, 08:58:46 AM »
+9
You say that now, but I think you'll change your tune when my campaign to make "Senior Software Witch" a job code is successful. :christina:

Junkers Ju 888

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1284 on: August 08, 2017, 09:03:24 AM »
+5
You say that now, but I think you'll change your tune when my campaign to make "Senior Software Witch" a job code is successful. :christina:

Suddenly, 'smoke test' takes on a whole new significance. :montaguesummers:

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1285 on: August 08, 2017, 10:50:36 AM »
they fired the memo guy for unforgivable shitlordry  :facepalm:

e: oh, virtue signalman first class posted it, carry on
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1286 on: August 08, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »
As for the others, I have no idea what they do.

"Programmer"
"Site reliability engineer"
"SWE"
"Customer Reliability Engineering"
"Technical Infrastructure"
"Go on Cloud"
"Diversity and Inclusion"

Programmer writes code, technical infrastructure probably means server, networking and/or storage hardware. Site and customer reliability... who knows what they exactly do.

- Jordin Kare

St. Pfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1287 on: August 08, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »
+11
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40859004

The controversial memo broke the firm’s code of conduct, Google’s chief executive Sundar Pichai said on Monday in an email to employees.

The memo, shared widely at the weekend, suggested there were fewer women at Google due to biological differences.

Mr Pichai said the text crossed the line due to it "advancing harmful gender stereotypes in our workplace”.

I'm shocked to my very core.

When the story first broke about the "manifesto" I thought that the best thing to do in this situation, from Google's perspective, would be to (at most) issue a company statement generally disagreeing with wrongthink without being too aggressive, and then try to move on and get everybody to forget about it to limit the spread of crimethrought. Don't fire the guy, even if you know who he is, because then you risk creating a martyr. Then I figured they'd be dumb and angry enough to do just that and, well, here we are.

How many new Nazi shitlord MRAPUAKKK Alt-Right RethugliKKKans do you think this little episode produced? Because it sure as hell won't win hearts and minds for the left. They never seem to consider this at all, or if they do it gets dismissed out of hand BECAUSE THEY'RE RIGHT, DAMN IT.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Mandingo

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #1288 on: August 08, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »
+16
I've never seen more troons in a single place than i did during my interview at Google; I think it's their way of getting good diversity numbers while still hiring people who actually know the job (and are presumably worth the extra hassle).

In some ways it's enjoyable that the crusade for equality has been circumvented by men just becoming women.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1289 on: August 08, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
+16
Sooner or later their incompetence catches up with them. They will likely suffer the something awful effect soon and start having people leak, leave, and defect. I switched to duckgo a while ago and I suggest you dump google as well.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #1290 on: August 08, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »
+6
If the rumors are true there's a bunch of unhinged google troons who want to use Google's collected data on users to dox trump supporters/suspected fascists/no fuck you dad. Essentially they must be shamed out of society and become the new perma-underclass and be forced to live off welfare for generations in order to atone for their racist ways.

Essentially we're back to getting people fired from their jobs because someone got their feefees hurt online.

However if america is as racist/misogynistic as they say why the fuck would their employers care about said comments to begin with?

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #1291 on: August 08, 2017, 02:17:22 PM »
Site and customer reliability... who knows what they exactly do.

They set up mirrors and standby servers to ensure the site doesn't go 404 if the application crashes or the network becomes congested.

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1292 on: August 08, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
+1

They set up mirrors and standby servers to ensure the site doesn't go 404 if the application crashes or the network becomes congested.

I would've assumed that just falls under technical infrastructure.

- Jordin Kare

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #1293 on: August 08, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »
+17
IIRC there was a guy from Project Spark, Mass Effect Andromeda(surprise, surprise), Tumblr, Imgur, Indeed and a few others who recounted their tales.
link if you have them

lol you fucking people never learn, there are never any links or citations for atop's bullshit

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #1294 on: August 08, 2017, 06:26:20 PM »
+1

I would've assumed that just falls under technical infrastructure.

Sorta. The infrastructure team is closer to the hardware side, setting up the physical machines and networks that will host the software. The operations teams, of which SREs are a flavor, set up the software tools and maintenance scripts that ensure those machines stay in sync with each other and gracefully cover each other's back in case of failures or load spikes.

Mind you, these distinctions only really come into focus for very large enterprises. At the smaller scale, you either split the maintenance jobs between whatever you call your coders and IT janitors, or (more likely) you just rent a few gigahertz from Jeff Bezos, tick the Auto Scaling box, and call it a day.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut United Statesian Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #1295 on: August 08, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »
+3
Sooner or later their incompetence catches up with them. They will likely suffer the something awful effect soon and start having people leak, leave, and defect. I switched to duckgo a while ago and I suggest you dump google as well.

I just discovered duckduckgo yesterday and it's great. It's unfortunate that for smartphones you're pretty much limited to Apple and Google. I've always stuck with the Nexus phones because I like stock Android and I was planning on getting the Pixel 2 when it comes out, but fuck giving Google even more money.

post regret

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Motorcyclist Californian Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #1296 on: August 08, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »
+2
I've been using Duckduckgo as my main  search engine for a few years and most of the time I'm quite happy with it.  Every now and then it doesn't find something and I use google, but it's pretty rare.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus! United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #1297 on: August 08, 2017, 09:53:56 PM »
+5
I've never seen more troons in a single place than i did during my interview at Google; I think it's their way of getting good diversity numbers while still hiring people who actually know the job (and are presumably worth the extra hassle).

In some ways it's enjoyable that the crusade for equality has been circumvented by men just becoming women.

In the near future, us cis white males will have to dress as women to get jobs, Bosom Buddies style.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1298 on: August 09, 2017, 07:06:18 AM »
+3
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/08/rebels-of-google-sometimes-you-get-punched/

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1299 on: August 09, 2017, 08:41:50 AM »
+7
Ive been using Duck Duck Go since they celebrated that Jap terrorist like 18 months ago with their "doodle". The one they called a freedom fighter because she hated whitey.

I wish there was a good alternative to gmail though.