;

Author Topic: Google News Hack--They Hate It When You Use This One Simple Trick!  (Read 858 times)

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
For those of you who get your E-News from Google News, you probably have seen how they rolled out a "new, improved" version. The old version was densely packed with lots of stories, a sidebar, and the first line of each story under the headline:

Good

Now they've "improved" it for Gen Y/Z Web 3.0 with tons of white space, just headlines, and giant fonts:

Gay

Somehow, of all my devices, my phone still had a tab where I could load the old layout, and it was current news. I tried to type in the same link, but it kept redirecting me. I tried to find a workaround, and I found people bitching about it on Google's forums, and this guy had a hack:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/news/blle_PQkZQE;context-place=forum/news

Basically you download a Chrome extension called "User Agent Switcher"
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-g/ffhkkpnppgnfaobgihpdblnhmmbodake?hl=en

This lets you spoof your browser so websites think you're on another OS/Broswer. If you set it to "Windows Phone 8"--you get the old Google News! The only drawback is you have to turn it on and off manually; supposedly he has a way to make it only spoof Google News but I can't get that to work, so while it's on I get a phone optimized version of some other sites. But it's easy to turn on and off.

It probably won't work forever, but it's good for now!

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin' Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
Re: Google News Hack--They Hate It When You Use This One Simple Trick!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 12:42:39 AM »
+13
Yet another Jewish trick propagated by Dog-"Best Goy"-O, this actually allows Mossad to take control of your computer.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:12:02 AM »
+22
How do you fit ten thousand jews in a volkswagen beetle?

- Two in the front, two in the back, 9996 in the ashtray.

sperg rush

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables You can't know! Better dead than red Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 05:06:52 AM »
+9
Too bad this extension doesn't fix the fake news problem.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:36 AM »
+9
I use Duckgo instead of google.
Message me when the next SASS clone gets started

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 04:44:12 PM »
+4
I just dont use any of this gay shit lmbo
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.