;

Author Topic: "I am Generation Y"  (Read 434440 times)

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan cold, dead hands Libertarian Prepper 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: "I am Generation Y"
« Reply #4225 on: July 25, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »
A bunch of fucking Millenials broke into the part of Disney World that's been abandoned for decades(Discovery Island).

To point out how abandoned and isolated this place is, there is more footage of Area 51 on the internet than footage of Discovery island

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9fcgkohoo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p9fcgkohoo</a>
What does this have to do with millennials? I mean obviously they're the ones who explored it, but millennials are not the first generation to like exploring secret/abandoned areas...
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4226 on: July 25, 2017, 11:17:51 PM »
Apparently there's a whole shiton of videos on youtube where people explore abandoned parts of Disney resorts etc. I vote not happening.

Pinochet Airways

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #4227 on: July 25, 2017, 11:33:20 PM »
+16
Did someone say Lord of the Rings?

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4228 on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:43 PM »
+4
Related to the continued downfall of future generations, this was a pretty good article:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

More comfortable online than out partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. But they’re on the brink of a mental-health crisis.

TL;DR: Surprise surprise, spending your childhood staring at a smartphone will fuck your shit up.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4229 on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »
+17
Related to the continued downfall of future generations, this was a pretty good article:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

More comfortable online than out partying, post-Millennials are safer, physically, than adolescents have ever been. But they’re on the brink of a mental-health crisis.

TL;DR: Surprise surprise, spending your childhood staring at a smartphone will fuck your shit up.

How the fuck did the author manage to chalk all this negative shit up to "muh technology" instead of...

-Limp wristed leftist faggot parents.
-Illiterate niggers and taco benders taking jobs away from teenagers.
-College education pozz being pushed and pressured from kindergarten through high school graduation.
-Identity politics being crammed into fucking everything.
-Special snowflake syndrome where it's not socially acceptable to be anything short of manager or small business owner.
-Youth sports and activities being what they are.
-Watching a nignog partake in a level 10 public chimpout and trying to understand how or why it's appropriate behavior.
-Having to understand the "science guy's" gender spectrum and how it works.
-Having less and less people to identify with, culturally because assimilation is becoming a thing of the past. (Seriously, you want mental illness or depression? I genuinely feel sorry for the Muslim kids in my apartment complex. Every time I see my boy or the other neighborhood kids try to play with one of them, their reaction is as if they're interacting with a space alien for the first time in human history. They look at the kid attempting to share a toy, look up at the hairy father and get yanked away swiftly by the wrist. It is beyond sad. If half these "American born colorful beings who just happened to be of Islamic dissent" who commit atrocities have parents like that, I'm not the least bit surprised.)

You can't just be a kid in the world who takes a girl to a movie. You're a cis-white upper-middle class male suggesting the enablement of cultural appropriation by supporting a problematic Pixar movie where you'll attempt rape by holding her hand.

We live in a clownworld where a straight man can also identify as a lesbian. Donald Trump, the biggest dick in the history of American presidents is the best thing that's taken office, since Regan. Nuts and bolts fell from the ailing Secritery of State's trousers as she fainted from heat stroke in 72 degree weather.

Yes... Smartphones are clearly to blame.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:21:01 PM by blasting_asshole »

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4230 on: September 26, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
+3
You didn't even read the article, did you?

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4231 on: September 26, 2017, 04:57:16 PM »
+8
Faggot parents who bread faggot kids. The end.  :jesse:

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4232 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:29 PM »
+10

Are they breaded before they're deep fried or something?

Real Jews? Fake News.

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #4233 on: September 26, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »
+7

That's more or less the reason why Millenials are the way they are, on top of the many reasons blasting_asshole posted

This is the generation that came from the hippies that did way too many drugs and wouldn't shut up about "free love".  Post-Millenials have parents from Generation X, which alone is a huge advantage over Millenials.  Say what you will about Gen X, but they didn't manage to raise a generation that thinks kneeling before Trump is somehow a way to protest

Got Milk?

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Anglican Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon 420
    • Awards
« Reply #4234 on: September 27, 2017, 02:25:33 PM »
+8

How the fuck did the author manage to chalk all this negative shit up to "muh technology" instead of...

-College education pozz being pushed and pressured from kindergarten through high school graduation.
-Special snowflake syndrome where it's not socially acceptable to be anything short of manager or small business owner.
-Watching a nignog partake in a level 10 public chimpout and trying to understand how or why it's appropriate behavior.
-Having less and less people to identify with, culturally because assimilation is becoming a thing of the past. (Seriously, you want mental illness or depression? I genuinely feel sorry for the Muslim kids in my apartment complex. Every time I see my boy or the other neighborhood kids try to play with one of them, their reaction is as if they're interacting with a space alien for the first time in human history. They look at the kid attempting to share a toy, look up at the hairy father and get yanked away swiftly by the wrist. It is beyond sad. If half these "American born colorful beings who just happened to be of Islamic dissent" who commit atrocities have parents like that, I'm not the least bit surprised.)

You can't just be a kid in the world who takes a girl to a movie. You're a cis-white upper-middle class male suggesting the enablement of cultural appropriation by supporting a problematic Pixar movie where you'll attempt rape by holding her hand.

We live in a clownworld where a straight man can also identify as a lesbian. Donald Trump, the biggest dick in the history of American presidents is the best thing that's taken office, since Regan. Nuts and bolts fell from the ailing Secritery of State's trousers as she fainted from heat stroke in 72 degree weather.

A lot of these things are clearly the result of spending to much time on social media and the internet as a whole, dude. Do honestly fucking think a 16-year-old from a small town in the midwest would know what the fuck a "gender spectrum" was if they weren't on Tumblr and Twitter all day instead of riding bikes, hanging out behind the ball field drinking beer and playing Playstation like they did 20 years ago?

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4235 on: September 27, 2017, 03:50:12 PM »
+3
A lot of these things are clearly the result of spending to much time on social media and the internet as a whole, dude. Do honestly fucking think a 16-year-old from a small town in the midwest would know what the fuck a "gender spectrum" was if they weren't on Tumblr and Twitter all day instead of riding bikes, hanging out behind the ball field drinking beer and playing Playstation like they did 20 years ago?

Considering it's on Netflix and the cover of Vannity Fair, yes. That's not the far reaches of the internet. That's mainstream shit. Not to mention the trans sheboon in Orange is the New Black and the woman smashing MMA man.

I suppose you could argue that the gender spectrum shit is different from transgender vs cisgender but if you do you might as well put on a 42 bra and join the faggots, because to normies, it's all the same shit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:52:29 PM by blasting_asshole »

Got Milk?

• Unperson
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Canuck Anglican Boy Scout Goon or Ex-Goon 420
    • Awards
« Reply #4236 on: September 28, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
+6

Considering it's on Netflix and the cover of Vannity Fair, yes. That's not the far reaches of the internet. That's mainstream shit. Not to mention the trans sheboon in Orange is the New Black and the woman smashing MMA man.

I suppose you could argue that the gender spectrum shit is different from transgender vs cisgender but if you do you might as well put on a 42 bra and join the faggots, because to normies, it's all the same shit.

That's because those ideas have become part of the mainstream zeitgeist due to their spread on social media. Pop culture reflects society and not the other way around. A tranny fighter would never happen if their weren't legions of people on social media talking about it and watching videos on youtube etc.

*Edit* Listen I get it. You like having the internet and you don't want it to be at fault. I like the internet too. However, kids are really impressionable and they are, quite frankly being exposed to these really really bizarre ideas around the clock. I'm not saying get rid of the internet, I am saying maybe don't let kids in high school have a magic rectangle that fits in their pocket with 24/7 access to every idea ever thought up by a person with a mental disorder.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:17:28 AM by Got Milk? »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4237 on: September 28, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »

Drinking beer at 16 will get you arrested. If you hang around at a store asking an older person to buy you a beer around a half dozen cops will jump out and arrest both parties.

Got Milk?

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #4238 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »

Drinking beer at 16 will get you arrested. If you hang around at a store asking an older person to buy you a beer around a half dozen cops will jump out and arrest both parties.

:reagan:

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #4239 on: September 28, 2017, 11:03:05 AM »
+5
Drinking age is basically whatever the parents deems it in France. If your kid is under 16 you have to be present while he is drinking though. Legally it's 18, but kids drink the occasional glass of wine at dinners and such long before that. My granddad used to give us extremely watered down wine when we were early teens. At the age of 15 I could buy a beer in a bar without anyone giving a shit. They may be more arduous in checking ID these days.

The 21 old drinking limit in the US if anything tends to reinforce binge drinking at the college level. There's good arguements for and against it, I just find it weird coming from a culture that perceives alcohol differently. I've heard it argued it's a legacy of american puritanism, namely prohibition.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:06:01 AM by Franzo »

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian The Gentry old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #4240 on: September 28, 2017, 11:12:32 AM »
+3
The 21 drinking age was spurred largely by an effort to cut down on drinking and driving.  It was 19 when I was growing up. 

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #4241 on: September 28, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »
+1
I've been going to pubs since I was 14...people just didn't give a shit as long as you didn't act like a twat or overdo it.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Drinkin' and Postin' Fuck you, dad! Classicist Better dead than red old
    • Awards
« Reply #4242 on: September 28, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
+2
I've been going to pubs since I was 14...people just didn't give a shit as long as you didn't act like a twat or overdo it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu6Ze_Fxus" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu6Ze_Fxus</a>
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4243 on: September 28, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
Is The Inbetweeners worth watching? I tried that episode and it was mildly funny. I'll give it a shot if it gets funnier.

Blob Dylan | Blood on the 'Tax

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables Fascist Texan For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting. Scientologist Punk's not dead! Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #4244 on: September 28, 2017, 03:11:25 PM »
+5
I'm an ancient sorcerer now but when I was 15-16 in Texas there was always one gas station that would sell you beer as long as you weren't a dingus about it

open-source jihad

• Domestic Threat
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #4245 on: September 28, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
+1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu6Ze_Fxus" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REu6Ze_Fxus</a>

Inbetweeners is p good afair, no poz either (Although one of tha actors in it went on to be a major faggot on tv). (Don't watch the us remake though, it's shit)

As for drinking age, dave must be quite old, in the very early 2000s they cracked down hard on underage drinking, now you need to look over 25 to not be ID'd, the police spend tons of money on frequently sending in spy underages and losing your license to sell alcohol is a real danger.

(Although most people just got their parents to buy stuff for them from what I remember)

As for underage drinking, I think in moderation it can teach kids a lot. I got fucking hammered twice as a (semi) young kid, was sick as hell and my stomach had never felt worse, never happened again after that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:41:55 PM by open-source jihad »

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
Check out my YT channel intro!

open-source jihad

• Domestic Threat
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #4246 on: September 28, 2017, 03:21:56 PM »
(quoted instead of editing  :myecred:)

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
Check out my YT channel intro!

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Drinkin' and Postin' Fuck you, dad! Classicist Better dead than red old
    • Awards
« Reply #4247 on: September 28, 2017, 03:54:06 PM »
+1
Is The Inbetweeners worth watching? I tried that episode and it was mildly funny. I'll give it a shot if it gets funnier.

Yep. It's pretty politically incorrect at times as well. The episodes are short, so check out a few of the first ones and see if you like it. All the seasons are pretty much the same. The films are a bit weaker in my opinion, but still serviceable.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

David Hedgehogstein

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
« Reply #4248 on: September 28, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »
+2

Inbetweeners is p good afair, no poz either (Although one of tha actors in it went on to be a major faggot on tv). (Don't watch the us remake though, it's shit)

As for drinking age, dave must be quite old, in the very early 2000s they cracked down hard on underage drinking, now you need to look over 25 to not be ID'd, the police spend tons of money on frequently sending in spy underages and losing your license to sell alcohol is a real danger.

(Although most people just got their parents to buy stuff for them from what I remember)

As for underage drinking, I think in moderation it can teach kids a lot. I got fucking hammered twice as a (semi) young kid, was sick as hell and my stomach had never felt worse, never happened again after that.
I'm not 'quite old', I'm in my 30's, but yea, before 2000 I was in bars and it was a bit more lenient than when I actually turned 18, the irony being that I couldn't get served on my birthday due to lack of ID.
Underaged drinking never did me any harm, in fact I'm glad I was able to do so as I got all of that shit out of my system before university and didn't fall into the PARTY PARTY PARTY binge drinking trap that so many students under their parent's thumbs do.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4249 on: September 28, 2017, 04:00:18 PM »
+4
I'm an ancient sorcerer now but when I was 15-16 in Texas there was always one gas station that would sell you beer as long as you weren't a dingus about it

Yeah back in the day most of the Pajeets here didn't give a fuck about ID. That all changed when CA started aggressively seeking money in the form of fines and started sending Alcoholic Beverage Control around to fuck their worlds up.

RIP playing Hey Mister in the parking lot.