;

Author Topic: Funny Shit From The News  (Read 197580 times)

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Fascist Classicist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: Funny Shit From The News
« Reply #5350 on: October 18, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
+14
The dystopia is accelerating.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/10/17/panasonics-wearable-blinkers-concentrate-open-plan-offices-technology/

Panasonic hopes that by using the partition to cut the user's horizontal field of vision by about 60 per cent, it will encourage them to concentrate on the work in front of them.

"As open offices and digital nomads are on the rise, workers are finding it ever more important to have personal space where they can focus," said the company. "Wear Space instantly creates this kind of personal space – it's as simple as putting on an article of clothing."

Sharing a similar aesthetic and concept to horse blinkers, the device consists of a curved strip of flexible material that wraps around the back of the user's head, and extends out to shield the sides of their eyes, blocking out any distractions in their peripheral vision.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Grenouille You can't know! Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #5351 on: October 18, 2018, 10:24:06 AM »
+8
From the comments, relevant Dilbert strip.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #5352 on: October 18, 2018, 03:41:59 PM »
+4
The dystopia is accelerating.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/10/17/panasonics-wearable-blinkers-concentrate-open-plan-offices-technology/

Panasonic hopes that by using the partition to cut the user's horizontal field of vision by about 60 per cent, it will encourage them to concentrate on the work in front of them.

"As open offices and digital nomads are on the rise, workers are finding it ever more important to have personal space where they can focus," said the company. "Wear Space instantly creates this kind of personal space – it's as simple as putting on an article of clothing."

Sharing a similar aesthetic and concept to horse blinkers, the device consists of a curved strip of flexible material that wraps around the back of the user's head, and extends out to shield the sides of their eyes, blocking out any distractions in their peripheral vision.

Huh. Seems the peer pressure aspect of open plan is offset by the fucking stinky indian who won't keep his dirty shit off your keyboard.

Here's an even better solution!

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin' Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #5355 on: October 19, 2018, 11:57:04 PM »
+5
someone skipped their subversion 101 class at JIDF U.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #5356 on: October 21, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »
+4
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/oct/10/growing-up-in-a-house-full-of-books-is-major-boost-to-literacy-and-numeracy-study-finds

Growing up in a house full of books is major boost to literacy and numeracy, study finds

Led by Dr Joanna Sikora of Australian National University, academics analysed data from more than 160,000 adults, from 31 different countries, who took part in the Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies between 2011 and 2015. All participants were asked how many books there were in their homes when they were 16 – they were told that one metre of shelving was equivalent to around 40 books – and went through literacy, numeracy and information communication technology (ICT) tests to gauge their abilities.

While the average number of books in a home library differed from country to country – from 27 in Turkey to 143 in the UK and 218 in Estonia – “the total effects of home library size on literacy are large everywhere”.

“Adolescent exposure to books is an integral part of social practices that foster long-term cognitive competencies spanning literacy, numeracy and ICT skills,” they write. “Growing up with home libraries boosts adult skills in these areas beyond the benefits accrued from parental education or own educational or occupational attainment.”
Advertisement

Teenagers in a home with almost no books went on to have below average literacy and numeracy levels, the researchers found.

:smug:
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5357 on: October 21, 2018, 11:25:09 PM »
There were shelves in the house I grew up in that had more than 218 books each.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Better dead than red Fascist Classicist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #5358 on: October 22, 2018, 03:44:03 AM »
+8

Yet you never learned what "on average" means.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #5359 on: October 22, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »
+2

Yet you never learned what "on average" means.

0 per nigger?