;

Author Topic: SJW Watch 2016: The Left Eats Itself in an Orouboros of Faggot Proportions  (Read 190499 times)

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Moderator Took down a Goon United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting. Classicist
    • Awards
It'd probably be nice to have a megathread where we post all of those stories about ridiculous SJW bullshit, and especially backlash to them, especially when concentrating on the left eating itself. This new piece from the Guardian (slightly left of Lenin) is just fantastic

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/08/white-men-environmental-movement-leadership
Why are so many white men trying to save the planet without the rest of us?
Climate change affects minorities and women, the elderly and the poor. But the leadership of the environmental movement is pale and male. That doesn't look like progress

Americans are regularly told that climate change is happening here and now, in real time, and that nobody will be left unscathed. Just this week as a corporate-backed disinformation campaign continued to fuel lobbying against climate science and on behalf of a failed vote on the Keystone XL pipeline, the White House released a landmark climate change report, underlining that "[c]ertain people and communities are especially vulnerable, including children, the elderly, the sick, the poor, and some communities of colour." According to the even more landmark IPCC report, that goes for the developing world and rich countries alike.

Just the other day, the National Wildlife Federation announced its new president – a white male "whiz kid". Last month, the Climate Reality Project, founded by Al Gore, replaced its female chief executive with a white man. Last November, the National Parks and Conservation Association replaced its veteran leader with another white male. The Union of Concerned Scientists is due to announce its new leader as early as next week. Spoiler alert: it's not going to be a woman.

Public opinion research in the US suggests women, Latinos, African-Americans, Asians and Native Americans are more concerned – and more directly affected – by climate change than other populations. Doesn't it make sense to include those who are most at risk in decisions about how we fight the defining challenge of our time?

Now take a look at the top executives at eight of the top 10 groups devoted to fighting that fight:

Sierra Club? White male.
Nature Conservancy? White male.
League of Conservation Voters? White male.
World Wildlife Fund? White male.
Environmental Defense Fund? White male.
Friends of the Earth? White male.
National Audubon Society? White male.
Nature Conservancy? White male.

The very top of "Big Green" is as white and male as a Tea Party meet-up. It doesn't look like change. It doesn't even look like America. So is it any wonder environmental groups are having trouble connecting with the public on climate change? Corporate and conservative funding of climate denial is one thing, but it's beyond past time for the leaders of this movement to look at how their choice in leadership is affecting their strategy and messaging.

It's not as if there haven't been opportunities: the last few years have seen a generational change as more and more founding activists of the 1970s have retired. But rather than embrace the turnover as a chance to make change, we have exceptions to the old-white-man rule:

•     The Natural Resources Defence Council has a woman president in Frances Beinecke, but she just announced her retirement.
  •     Greenpeace on Tuesday chose the well-known activist Annie Leonard as their president. Women also lead at Environment America, Defenders of Wildlife and Rainforest Action Network. And not to knock their leadership, but those are much smaller organizations. They are far from the top when it comes to getting money from donor foundations – which tend to be headed by white males, too – and operate on smaller budgets. They are also less likely than Big Green groups to get the access to White House officials who would help them shape climate policy.
  •     Women and minority candidates have been applying for those top jobs, in some cases getting shortlisted. And they have been getting the top environmental jobs in government for years: Barack Obama chose Lisa Jackson to head the Environmental Protection Agency and Steven Chu to head the Energy Department during his first team. He promoted Gina McCarthy to the top job at the EPA. Even George Bush – though he blocked action on climate change – appointed Christine Todd Whitman to head the EPA.

Set aside for a moment the equality-in-the-boardroom part. America is in the midst of a demographic transformation. By mid-century – as the effects of climate change really begin to bite – whites will no longer be the majority population. In California, Latinos became the single biggest ethnic/racial population last March.

And yet the environmental groups that are calling for sweeping changes to the economy – moving away from oil and coal to carbon-free sources of energy – seem incapable of making a transition themselves.

"The community should challenge itself in the same way that it challenges corporate America to change the business-as-usual trend," Kalee Kreider, a former environmental advisor to Al Gore, wrote me in an email. "It's well past time for the environmental movement to look more like America and the world."

That gap between activists and Americans has resulted in some bad decisions. In 2009, with Obama in the White House and Democrats controlling both houses of Congress, Big Green took a roll on the once-in-a-generation chance of trying to pass climate change legislation. Their strategy? Engage in a series of clubby, back-room negotiations with the chief executives of oil and utility companies to reach a deal that achieved some carbon cuts – while limiting the costs to big business. The insider deal suffered a spectacular collapse.

Then there's the messaging. Environmental groups are only now beginning to wake up to the idea that bombarding the public with graphs and statistics is not, on its own, going to persuade people that climate change has anything to do with their own lives.

Meanwhile, beyond Washington, and beyond the male-dominated preserves of Big Green, women activists are just getting on with the job – without that White House access or the expensive consultants paid for by the biggest of big donors.

It's worth remembering that one of the biggest victories for the environmental movement in recent years – last month's indefinite delay on the Keystone XL pipeline – was achieved thanks to the efforts of Bold Nebraska, a tiny environmental group with just three paid staffers, which assembled an unlikely coalition of ranchers, Native Americans and other activists operating in one of the country's most conservative states.

The president of Bold Nebraska who was so instrumental to that breakthrough? Why, that would be one Jane Fleming Kleeb.

Now not only are they cannibalizing shows that they like (eg GoT), but now they are even attacking the defenders and clerics of their new religion, Environmentalism.

:threadrules:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 09:12:09 AM by Ex-Academic Trans Supremacist »

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Commie Fascist Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
Re: Social Justice Watch 2014: The Year the Left Ate Itself
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
+7
The CiF section of the Guardian publishes some retarded opinion pieces. Also Goldenberg...

:jewrub:

e:moderation seems to be slow today

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 03:31:53 PM by Mullah Omar »

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic United Statesian You can't know! Futurist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
+16
OWS was the first instance where we saw tumblr justice in action.  I've never seen progressive stack style management result in anything other than failure.  Much like how multiculti societies depend on a wealthy white base to heavily tax, these movements heavily depend on white dudes to keep shit together because it falls apart quickly if they leave (see: OWS).

SoCal Justice Warrior

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »
+15
Yo I don't know if this is the place for this but...

Yesterday Patton Oswalt tweeted a bunch of retractions of fake offensive statements that he never actually made.  I used to just assume Oswalt would be a super liberal SJW but he's constantly going after things like Salon for their bullshit.  https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt

Things like:

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt  May 7
PLEASE disregard last Tweet. Already deleted. Transphobia is hurtful, and I'm a big fan of HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH.

Forgive me. Previous Tweet deleted. Sorry. Yes, we all know what "grape", "ape", "tape" & "cape" rhyme with. I'm an asshole.

The FUCK is wrong with me? Last Tweet deleted. The victims of the Holocaust deserve our highest respect, not penis limericks.

And people lost it on him.  Some getting angry about the tweets he never made, others saying things like that a tweet about a fake tweet containing the word rape is a rape joke.  He's been retweeting all the criticism so go on over and check it out if you care.  It starts the morning of may 7th.

My favourite response was this one:
alan rosales ‏@alanrosales26  May 7
@pattonoswalt my favorite part is how no one is taking issue with the holocaust joke.  Buzzword, pop-culture relevant outrage only, please!

Which pretty much sums it all up for me.

Carbpoole

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
+5
OWS was the first instance where we saw tumblr justice in action.  I've never seen progressive stack style management result in anything other than failure.  Much like how multiculti societies depend on a wealthy white base to heavily tax, these movements heavily depend on white dudes to keep shit together because it falls apart quickly if they leave (see: OWS).

A tranny is now the Khan of Occupy Wall Street, merging two worlds of oppression into a single google employee.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:28:01 PM by Carbpoole »

wimpb

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
i had to laugh when i read in that paper yesterday that ratepayers will be footing a $1mil+ bill for cleaning up after the OWS protests and for legal fees (OWS here sued the city for disrupting their protest and the city will not be able to claim legal fees because they have no money)

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:51:56 PM »
+2

Yesterday Patton Oswalt tweeted a bunch of retractions of fake offensive statements that he never actually made.  I used to just assume Oswalt would be a super liberal SJW but he's constantly going after things like Salon for their bullshit.  https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt

Things like:

PLEASE disregard last Tweet. Already deleted. Transphobia is hurtful, and I'm a big fan of HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH.

Forgive me. Previous Tweet deleted. Sorry. Yes, we all know what "grape", "ape", "tape" & "cape" rhyme with. I'm an asshole.

The FUCK is wrong with me? Last Tweet deleted. The victims of the Holocaust deserve our highest respect, not penis limericks.

And people lost it on him.  Some getting angry about the tweets he never made, others saying things like that a tweet about a fake tweet containing the word rape is a rape joke.  He's been retweeting all the criticism so go on over and check it out if you care.  It starts the morning of may 7th.

@pattonoswalt my favorite part is how no one is taking issue with the holocaust joke.  Buzzword, pop-culture relevant outrage only, please!

I hope this is a sign of Twitter in the future imploding in on itself. 

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Black Gardener

• Cishet White Male
  • Hope 'n Change
  • King of Kicks
  • Awards Jew cold, dead hands 420 Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 06:31:47 AM »
+5

That'll only happen if Twitter sets up a high-speed tram which allows users with a disagreement to fight each other.

brolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 07:48:13 AM »
+7
Twitter is an excellent platform for drive-by trolling

food desert

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
    • Awards

Martin Looter King

• Cishet White Male
  • Allah Cuntbar, Piss be upon him
  • Awards Killed in the Line of Posting old 420 Libertarian United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
she has an weird expression (or face) and i'm just not into it at all :shrug:

i mean im not saying she's ugly or wouldn't bang, she's utterly forgettable to me and deffo not my type

edit: might as well clarify further before the chimpouts over mlady: yes yes shes like an 8 or a 9 or whatever no need to get the fedoras out but im sure she appreciates the white knighting

edit 2: wait wait seriously i just reread the page and is she really 15? i thought that he was joking at first but is he actually serious? because take that fucking picture down if it's the case you fucking weirdo what the fuck

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Moderator Took down a Goon United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting. Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »
+10

Juniper1

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »
+5

Things like:

The best part was when a "stand up comedian" tweeted this:

amulet of faggotry +2

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Awards old The Gentry On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Scrooge Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
+1

Guess who posted this in reply:

No other than our favourite comedian Avery Edison

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 05:43:23 PM »
+1
Funny as hell, it was the most unfunny response.

food desert

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 06:06:01 PM »
+5
If there is anyone I trust to teach me about comedy, it's Avery Edison.

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Libertarian 420 Better dead than red Scrooge The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon old
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 06:43:14 PM »
+15
Avery's imagined-twat smells like a baby's coffin.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
+1
Looks like #CancelColbert might have achieved some form of success after all

The name of the show is gonna be 'The Minority Report', and this guy will host it:

Comedy Central Picks Stephen Colbert Replacement (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Larry Wilmore will host a new weeknight show, "The Minority Report," set to premiere in January

Comedy Central has found its heir for The Colbert Report.

With host Stephen Colbert departing at the end of the year in preparation for his new show at CBS, the cable network has tapped Larry Wilmore as his replacement, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. An announcement could come as early as Monday.

The 52-year-old writer-actor, who has been with Comedy Central's The Daily Show as its "Senior Black Correspondent" since 2006, will get the 11:30 p.m. half-hour starting in January. A twist on the former occupant's title, the show is called The Minority Report With Larry Wilmore.

:razor:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:07:02 PM by cis scum »

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Paedofinder General
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 10:18:24 PM »
+12
Ignore his personality, his entire state of personhood, focus on the fact that he's a minority, A MINORITY!

The Floridian

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:59 PM »
I hope some legal shenanigans prevent that title of the show due to the movie.

As long as saying the word nigger or some other form of contentious vocabulary on Twitter can spark international  :ultlibrage: headlines its a safe bet this will never happen.

:goonette:

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 11:39:56 PM »
Patton Oswalt is a liberal but he is also a comedian, and comedians need freedom of speech to make a living. Comedians can never go full SJW.

Same with Louis CK. He's a liberal with common sense, which explains why he went after common core. I wonder that if his old Opie & Anthony appearances ever get out in a big way, how that would be handled by the mainstream. One of my favorite bits is when they did slave girl role playing with some black chick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYhBj1XBmn8

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic United Statesian You can't know! Futurist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:34 AM »
+11
Just a few years ago, the Democrats claimed to be the free speech party.  While there was a segment that was hellbent on destroying wrongthink, it is only very recently have they started gaining more power.  That is because for decades, the religious right was the anti-free speech group to rebel against.  Now that the anti-free speech group is Twitter/Tumblr and academia, it's going to be interesting in the next few years.  I suspect that the leftist wrongthink brigade is going to start driving away the free speech contingency.  Not enough to make up for the millions of Mexican anchor babies (see: Benny the Snake) that will more than fill their shoes but the left eating itself is going to start costing some toss up elections for Democrats, probably as early as this election cycle.

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
+2

:stewart:

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 04:14:38 PM »
+3
Beyonce was part of the really dumb #BanBossy campaign (apparently it's a terrible and stifling word destroying the future of so many young women, but using bitch in every three seconds is empowering), and well that's not endearing her with feminists

Feminist writer bell hooks caused quite a stir this week during a panel discussion at the New School in which she called Beyoncé a terrorist.

While discussing the artist’s recent Time Magazine cover with Janet Mock, hooks said, “Then you are saying, from my deconstructive point of view, that she is colluding in the construction of herself as a slave. I see a part of Beyoncé that is in fact anti-feminist — that is a terrorist, especially in terms of the impact on young girls.”

Hooks’ comment has sparked spirited disagreement among black feminist scholars online. Fusion captured some of the conversation:

Feminista Jones, black feminist writer:

“Beyoncé is very much in control of her image, meticulously so actually. She makes decisions about how she is presented and I’m with Ms. Mock-I believe Beyoncé presents herself in ways that make her most comfortable and happy.”

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »
+3
Feminista Jones, black feminist writer

ssusernames.txt