;

Author Topic: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others  (Read 72947 times)

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Motorcyclist Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »
+1
I don't know anything about comic books but I do know that "art" in the op sucks ass, even for cartoon art.
I don't know... I look at that kind of art and think, "Shit... it's better than I can do." I have to appreciate the fact that I draw like Napoleon Dynamite and she doesn't.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Last known picture of Ashli Kyanka.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
+3
I don't know... I look at that kind of art and think, "Shit... it's better than I can do." I have to appreciate the fact that I draw like Napoleon Dynamite and she doesn't.

If you took out the "professional" coloring job, which is adding the illusion of depth through photoshop shading, its really not that impressive.   Her body is drawn straight on and her face is in perfect profile.  Real lazy stuff.

WHITE PRIVILEGE

• Person Of Interest
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »
+1
They already fucked Deadpool a couple years ago by giving him a black daughter and feelings.

Merrypfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Goon or Ex-Goon Texan Better dead than red cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 06:12:45 PM »
+3
They already fucked Deadpool a couple years ago by giving him a black daughter and feelings.

The Deadpool comics have sucked since, like, 2005 anyway. The pendulum swung so far towards RANDUMB that the weight snapped off. The stuff with X-Force was okay back around 2010, I guess, but other than that it and most comics have been shit for years. That's why I don't pay for them any more.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2015, 03:20:33 AM »
+3
I've never read a Deadpool comic, so I dunno when or how the character has gone to shit. I just hate the faggot pandering these companies do to broken, gay tumblr/gen-Y freaks.

Professor of Niggerology

• Unperson
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Inshallah! United Statesian Fascist Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2015, 07:59:58 AM »
+8
all comics are fucking gay and written by man children retards
FREE NEAT

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Motorcyclist Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 09:20:48 AM »
+1
Seems like the market is ripe for a decent comic hero.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2015, 09:39:14 AM »
+4
Seems like the market is ripe for a decent comic hero.

Captain Niggerdeath

Muh Dick

• Unperson
  • EXPOSING TUCKER CARLSON'S FALSEHOODS
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
+8
Commander Kikeflayer and his Serbian robot sidekick, Kebab Removal Unit-1488
SOMEBODY SENT ME A .GIF THAT GAVE ME A JULIUS SEIZURE

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2016, 12:19:25 AM »
+9
Some comic book store guy broke the news, the new diverse superheroes are not selling.

TILTING AT WINDMILLS: Trouble on the Horizon?
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/tilting-at-windmills-trouble-on-the-horizon

DC
DC came back in June with "DC You," an initiative that launched 21 new series, meant to spotlight character and creator diversity and refresh the line, and to embrace a new, younger audience that many retailers can tell you is actually out there.

But "DC You" isn't connecting with this new readership. Kind of at all: On the October sales charts, which represents the fifth issues of the initiative, only two of the 21 titles have sales over 30,000 copies (very roughly the sales level where companies with big overhead start cancelling books for lack of sales), and a staggering ten titles are selling under twenty thousand copies, which marks nearly half the initiative as an abject failure.

Marvel
Marvel did something similar to DC: they took several months of production "off" on the regular titles for "Secret Wars" and a series of "SW" related miniseries. The real shocker for me was that this plan was actually working for Marvel: customers seemed deeply engaged in the entire "SW" experience... at least until "Secret Wars" started hitting unconscionable delays. "SW" sell-through then fell off the cliff, leaving many retailers with lots of unsold (and unsalable!) books -- worse in this case because while there's some hope you might shift first issues of new series, pretty much no one is going to buy issue four of a miniseries after the mini has concluded.

Anecdotally, I can state that at my stores from mid-September essentially every "Secret Wars"-related comic, including the main book, took a sharp drop of about 20%, which turned those comics from profitable to "not." We're trying to steer the orders back toward profitability as fast as we can, but clearly there are always going to be casualties. And the truly painful thing is that, much like "DC You," "All-New All-Different" is stumbling out of the gate, and what should have been a grand repositioning that would draw flocks of new and excited readers to a revitalized Marvel line, like "New 52" did for DC, ANAD has arrived with just a quiet sigh of indifference from the majority of the readership.

Fem-Thor, Female Captain Marvel, and Tumblr Girl
In fact, my sales were down 4% in the month of November, the first drop we've seen after seven straight quarters of growth -- and these are 4% sales down on orders that were approximately 20% higher than the year before. That's bad and dangerous to ongoing operations.

How about the new and young readership? Marvel actually was starting to attract some of them at our stores -- books like "Squirrel Girl," "Ms. Marvel" and the Jane Foster "Thor" title were racking solid sales for us outside of the "traditional" Marvel customer. But that new/younger readership? They literally don't understand why you would start a book over again at #1. It makes no sense to them! And that confusion appears to have shooed a number of them off. In an equivalent sales period, our sales of the first issues of all of those series are actually below (dramatically so in the case of "Thor!") the final issues of the "old series" -- which was only on issue #8 for two of the three! But readers appear to be treating the relaunches as simply "issue #9." That's not typical consumer behavior.

And then there's first quarter 2016.

January 2016 looked pretty mediocre (my orders were a full 25% below December 2015, yow!), but February looks downright awful, with virtually nothing new, exciting, or commercial debuting at all. If March follows the normal trend (April is usually the first "big" month at most publishers), I would expect a number of stores to fold or otherwise be extremely harmed by the current trends.

Some guy on reddit has a good post on what is actually killing the comic industry.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3zkt39/misc_comic_book_stores_are_discovering_that/cynauiw
Marvel and DC have been trying to milk a dry cow for to long with new gimmicks and its now running dry.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:34:51 AM by Jet Fuel War »

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2016, 12:22:29 AM »
+4
How about the new and young readership? Marvel actually was starting to attract some of them at our stores -- books like "Squirrel Girl," "Ms. Marvel" and the Jane Foster "Thor" title were racking solid sales for us outside of the "traditional" Marvel customer. But that new/younger readership? They literally don't understand why you would start a book over again at #1. It makes no sense to them! And that confusion appears to have shooed a number of them off. In an equivalent sales period, our sales of the first issues of all of those series are actually below (dramatically so in the case of "Thor!") the final issues of the "old series" -- which was only on issue #8 for two of the three! But readers appear to be treating the relaunches as simply "issue #9." That's not typical consumer behavior.

no no you see these books are good and sell but gosh darn it the consumers are just too darn stupid to keep buying them

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
+5
And it all starts to crumble

Retailers Complain About Collapsing Marvel And DC Sales
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/27/retailers-complain-about-collapsing-marvel-and-dc-sales/

Today I was looking for some feedback from those of you that have experienced a large shift in the big two’s sales as of late.  While Marvel’s sales are ok, this has been truncated by the avalanche of product thats been sent to us this season. While I was a big DC store for over fifteen years, they have dramatically fell to third place here in about a year

It seems to me that Marvel is doing “carpet bombing” of all available dollars we and our customers spend, while DC doesn’t seem to have much of a clue on publishing popular comics.  Now I realize some of you have shops that are pretty much mainstream and in high traffic tourist type areas that perhaps haven’t been affected much.  Here though, the big 2’s sales have fallen off, and despite the gaps in publishing picked up by indie labels, hasn’t been enough to counter it in sales dollars.

Are any of your experiences similar?  My shop has been open for over twenty years now, and I’ve never seen anything like this.  I am hoping the heads at these publishers see the numbers and the way they are trending for many of us, and perhaps take some corrective measures.  Phil, whose chain perhaps exemplifies health, has written frequently about their practices and long term outlook.  I can’t imagine when a businessperson of his skill warns of declining cash flow for many of us that I am alone here.  Perhaps.  I’ll be awaiting February sales numbers from Diamond to see if this trend develops nationwide.

So please chime in with your experiences and solutions on Marvel and DC’s long term efforts to right this ship.  If of course, you believe the ships need guidance.

Both companies are losing established readers who no longer feel that the company’s output reflects the sort of comics they enjoy. Stories are lackluster, unfocused, and excessively long as companies think in terms of collected editions, not individual issuees. The tone is mostly dark and uninviting.

Deadpool and Harley Quinn are still very good sellers, showing that comics readers enjoy some funny in their “funny books”–but even those titles have softened a little bit because of character fatigue.

The DC books generating the most excitement right now are Superman: Lois & Clark, Swamp Thing, and Justice League of America–three books that most closely evoke the tone and attitude of classic pre-Flashpoint DC (and two of those are written by veteran creators who worked on those books in the pre-Flashpoint days). These books look great and are excellent, entertaining reads.

My Marvel readers are complaining about art this isn’t what they expect from a Marvel book. Cartoony art, manga-influenced art, quirky art… the concept of a house style is gone. The books that generate the most interest are books like Doctor Strange, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, and (of course) Star Wars & Darth Vader–books that mix strong stories and great art.

For the first time in store history, yesterday’s Marvel FOCs saw us ordering single digits on more than half of the line items in the Marvel section. Now, to be fair, that includes collected editions and 2nd printings, which boosted that single-digit title count, but it still included an inordinate number of ongoing titles. As recently as five years ago, there were no Marvel Universe titles that sold in the single digits for us. Quirky concept books like Starbrand & Nightmask or Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur stumbled out of the gate for us.

The most disturbing trend involves established readers who have sufficient disposable income that they can afford to buy what they like to read. A significant portion of these readers are trimming their title lists by 50% or more because they don’t enjoy the current output. When a dedicated DC customer who was buying EVERY New 52 title in 2011 and 2012 is now buying no DC titles, or a dedicated Avengers/Captain America/Iron Man/Thor customer has dropped all of these series, it’s troubling.

We WANT Marvel and DC to succeed. We WANT to sell these books. We are NOT a preorder-only store–we order every title from Marvel and DC (as well as IDW, Image, Dark Horse, Dynamite, Boom, Valiant, Oni, AfterShock, and many other publishers) FOR THE SHELVES. But right now, the retailing challenge for many Marvel and DC is finding an eager audience for these new titles–and finding satisfying titles for established readers who enjoy classic DC and Marvel.”

Piss off the old comic book fans enough, and they will stop buying them.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 11:58:28 AM »
+22
The folly of putting Feels against Principles. Even a nerd who can't talk to a woman will have some mild principles in his life. Offend those and he will stop loyally buying your books. This is the eternal weakness of SJWs. They can't boycott things they hate(they already weren't buying Cis Thor) and they won't support things that are made on their behalf. They like to talk about guilt and reparations but curiously seem to forget their own as soon as their tab is called in. I'm sure Marvel and DC are enjoying this metaphorical whine and dash.

The Feels Brigade that felt great to see Girl Thor and Black Captain America? That's it. They saw it, they retweeted it, they pat themselves on the back and gave asspats and handjobs all around. Then they continued not buying comics in the first place. Why should they? Problem solved, bigotry is over, if the books fail it's the shitlord's fault for not supporting things that are Right. Uh, hello? I already rose awareness! Comics are for dorks!

Also I really hope whatever accounting schmuck that proposed hiring deviantart tier artists because they probably work for pennies is learning a super basic economics lesson. Nobody wants to pay to read amateurish shit? No shit, those same artists or better ones are doing webcomics you can read free! Thank God we saved some money though!!!

Merrypfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Goon or Ex-Goon Texan Better dead than red cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2016, 12:31:36 PM »
+10
This is what happens when you go from Superman standing for Truth, Justice and the American Way! to feminist Thor going
:888:

Consumers are tired of being lectured constantly for every thought and deed, and they certainly aren't interested in it bleeding into every form of entertainment too. Gamergate and comic nerds abandoning ship are indications of the pushback that's brewing everywhere.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Triggered by Pepe

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »
+4
This is all further proof that gamergate really did change how people viewed this shit. 18 months ago and I would have never guessed that people would have gotten this pissed off this quickly.

Nig Disliker

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2016, 04:47:10 PM »
+10
It isn't just gamergate, it's everywhere.  Between 2010 and 2015, there was a definite push to poz everything up.  When people consume entertainment, they want to be entertained, not given a lecture.  Smart companies will walk back their pozzed viewpoints; dumb companies will keep doubling down on diversity until they have to close up shop.

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »
+8
Marvel CEO's $1M donation to #Trump4Vets prompts reaction
http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/marvel-ceo-perlmutter-donates-trump-veterans-1.3425308

Its pretty much nothing, rich dude gave $1 Million to Trump for the Vets.

But, since its Trump and not some social justice movement, they have attacked.

http://www.themarysue.com/marvel-ceo-trump/
Comments are full of libs crying over it.

More hand wringing over it, how they are totally not buying Marvel things now
http://www.vox.com/2016/1/29/10872122/marvel-ceo-donald-trump

Also, this is the Content and Character Development Head now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGuvOPx-N4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpGuvOPx-N4</a>

Nig Disliker

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:21 PM »
+12
The Marvel CEO damn well knew what kind of controversy this would create.  Maybe he hoped that some shitlords would start buying comics again because pandering to SJWs apparently isn't working.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2016, 07:58:14 PM »
+3
Wow... just wow... I can't even

fter converting to Islam while attending Boston University, Wilson moved to Cairo, where she contributed articles to the Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times Magazine and the National Post.[1] She was also a regular contributor to the now-defunct Egyptian opposition weekly Cairo Magazine. Wilson was the first Western journalist to be granted a private interview with Ali Gomaa after his promotion to the position of Grand Mufti of Egypt.[2] Additionally, Wilson released a memoir titled The Butterfly Mosque about life in Egypt during the Mubarak regime, which was named a Seattle Times Best Book of 2010

Has a mudblood kid as well in case you were wondering.

Chillbro Swaggins

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2016, 08:43:28 PM »
+15
Hopefully she quits.  And the other SJWs there follow her.  Trump is already making comics great again!

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2016, 05:37:50 AM »
+7
Hopefully she quits.  And the other SJWs there follow her.  Trump is already making comics great again!

I imagine she'll have Miss Marvel fight racist Republican bad guys who shout "TRUMP FOR PREZ, KILL ALL MUSLIMS!" but she already did that, sooooo...  :jesse:

mustard gas effect

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2016, 05:51:28 PM »
+1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1b1nb1kH-Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1b1nb1kH-Y</a>

And something worse

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtlutEi6-k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtlutEi6-k</a>
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:58:01 PM by Jet Fuel War »

tender of the rape garden

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:26 PM »
+1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtlutEi6-k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtlutEi6-k</a>

Good lord that fucker's gained a lot of weight, and he was already overweight to begin with.
He could not be more obviously trying to "atone" for his secret shame, a shitty slightly-Christian vaguely-libertarian superhero comic he made in high school, which goons et al. mocked him for once they found out about it.

(He's also a poster boy for everything that is wrong with Minnesota.)

WHITE PRIVILEGE

• Person Of Interest
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2016, 10:57:27 AM »
+6
If Marvel puts Trump on the cover of Spider-Man like they did Obama in 2008, I'll buy 10 copies.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
+7
In case anyone was wondering what a cartoon robot thought about Indian Mascots, Marvel has the answer.  Hint: he's against them.