;

Author Topic: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy  (Read 112266 times)

sperg rush

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Fascist Better dead than red Deplorables
    • Awards
Re: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy
« Reply #1575 on: October 11, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
+13
Oy vey goyim you are getting your ass handed by that 15 year old kid with his dad's credit card, why don't you buy some loot boxes so you can beat him? Good goy, here is a loot box, how lucky, a pistol that does +1 dmg, but I'm afraid that's not enough to beat him, you need another 29 of those to craft the best weapon, and you know where to get them... /handrub
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:21:46 PM by sperg rush »

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1576 on: October 11, 2017, 12:17:14 PM »
+3
software development tools have been streamlined.
Depends on which company you're talking about:

Square Enix Japan: "Well, it's time to make the next Final Fantasy game, and you know what that means: time to develop an entirely new engine!"

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Classicist Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #1577 on: October 11, 2017, 02:39:17 PM »
+9
Kotaku is defending lootboxes.

Jason Schreier.

:adam:

:adam:  :adam:

Still, as a self-identified "pretty big Jew"

https://kotaku.com/a-more-interesting-way-to-talk-about-jews-in-video-game-1510840238

lol

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #1578 on: October 11, 2017, 02:51:34 PM »
+1
I hate to give the guy grief for playing the game.  Its precisely that kind of shameless ass kissing that gets you hired by big companies.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #1579 on: October 11, 2017, 03:04:34 PM »
+2
Sonic Mania actually ran sega under cost and out performed Sonic Forces which was a more expensive game.

Sonic Forces releases in November. I think even Sonic 06 outperformed a sales run of 0.

Interesting note about Sonic Mania it outsold the SNES Classic for the deluxe edition alone.

An infinitely replicated set of data had better availability than a limited print? No way!

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #1580 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:30 PM »
Sonic Mania actually ran sega under cost and out performed Sonic Forces which was a more expensive game.

Sonic Forces releases in November. I think even Sonic 06 outperformed a sales run of 0.

Interesting note about Sonic Mania it outsold the SNES Classic for the deluxe edition alone.

An infinitely replicated set of data had better availability than a limited print? No way!
SNES classic isn't limited anymore, they're out in stores and I've seen them sitting on shelves.

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #1581 on: October 11, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »
+7
I also just want to say that the VR Chat scene is exactly like 1993-1996 internet. You had a whole new frontier to explore and it's entirely populated by nerds. The humor quality of every session is exceptional. You wanna dick around? You wanna be vulgar, rude, weird? You're in good company.

Goes to show what happens when you ruin something by lowering the fucking bar so every single special needs retard with an axe to grind is allowed access and turns a once great shining city it into a slum.

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #1582 on: October 11, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
+1
Lowest common denominator for maximum shekels! What, do you hate money or something?

sperg rush

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1583 on: October 11, 2017, 04:26:40 PM »
+1
Sanic Farces will flop hard, and the Sonic francihse will likely ditch 3D which should have done like Castlevania did decades ago.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #1584 on: October 11, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
+3
Sanic Farces will flop hard, and the Sonic francihse will likely ditch 3D which should have done like Castlevania did decades ago.

Every Castlevania game to come out in the last ten years has been a 3d brawler.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #1585 on: October 11, 2017, 05:08:02 PM »

Order of Ecclesia was 2008, Harmony of Despair was 2010.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1586 on: October 11, 2017, 05:10:04 PM »

I heard LOS 1 was pretty good  :jesse:
(2 sure as fuck wasn't)
Acting Assistant Director of The Department of Corrective Rape
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY</a>

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #1587 on: October 12, 2017, 04:07:35 AM »
+3
So the PS4 5.00 firmware had a zero day exploit that leaked.

You can re-region game saves. Meaning take a save from America and you can convert it into Europe or Japan format. It's a fairly big deal when it comes to hacking because now more exploits can be found.

« Reply #1588 on: October 12, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »
+7
I legitimately believe Pokemon Sun and Moon was used to influence the U.S. Election.

This is honestly not a joke thread.
And I'm not saying Nintendo or Game Freak were involved.

Today, it's been discovered that Russian meddling extended to Pokemon Go among other social media platforms.

First, I have to show off my Pokemon knowledge and make the joke that Team Rocket are off-handedly said to have a branch in Russia in RBY/FRLG, located in either Tiksi or Podkamennaya Tunguska depending on which localization you're using.

But, my main point is that the release of Sun and Moon always irked me. Not the official release, that was the 18th of November, but the release a large amount of the Internet was waiting for was when the games would be leaked to the net and we'd be able to digest everything they had to offer. It happened with X&Y, and it was sure to happen to Sun and Moon...but when?

November 8th, 2016. The day of the election. Now I don't know if this was something that was planned longterm, but when it happened I found it rather funny. I went to the election booth myself and made sure to vote, but otherwise I was glued to my computer until I had to go to work as the information drifted out. I know we had quite a few people on GAF doing the same thing.

But the leak originated on the 4chan Pokemon Board, /vp/. Now we don't know anything about the person who was leaking it, other than they went by the tag "Lurantis" and had acquired the game through some illicit means. They were careful about what they posted to protect their identity, and generally secretive---now it most circumstances this isn't suspicious. I mean it is technically since what he's doing is illegal, but otherwise most people who leak games are secretive.

That being said, with the idea that Russia loved to meddle with the election the secretiveness takes on a whole different level---was this one of Russia's many Social Media strategists doing this specifically on Election Day? As to why they would do it, well, a lot of young folks probably weren't eager to get out and vote in the first place, and those who might have would've likely skipped out on it if something better came along---say, learning about all the cool new stuff in Sun and Moon? Sure, /vp/ may be seen as Trump voters and thus working against that, but I imagine /vp/ was the best way to get it to spread around the more liberal areas of the net and the net benefit of distracting young Hillary voters probably outweighed those who would've voted Trump.

So, that's my theory. Someone with ties to Russia, or sympathetic to Trump, obtained an early copy of Sun and Moon and leaked it to the Internet on Election Day to distract young liberals from going to the polls.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaiyjh1dGk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaiyjh1dGk</a>

Franzo

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1589 on: October 12, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »
+14
If you're of voting age and got distracted from voting by a Pokemon game I think the country was probably well-served by these supposed russian hacker masterminds.

Is that the neogaf thread I've heard of in strug?

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1590 on: October 12, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
+7
Judging by the amount of the US population that is morbidly obese, I would wager that a few strategically placed Big Macs on democrat-frequented street corners was FAR more effective

sperg rush

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1591 on: October 12, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »
+2
Just strategically place more cholesterol in them burgers to kill them already

BigDiggerNick

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #1592 on: October 13, 2017, 05:07:58 AM »
+9
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bjve9q/middle-earth-shadow-of-war-orc-slavery-lord-of-the-rings

Orc Slavery Made Me Quit ‘Middle-earth: Shadow of War’

He and his wraith companion talk about the orcs as if they were discussing brood mares and racing horses. They compare their relative traits, discuss what might make a good slave—I mean soldier—and then constantly belittle orc culture. I mean, they're orcs. They eat people, cause chaos, and murder their own, but that doesn't stop me from empathizing with them.

"Its fine that this game jews me out of stuff unless I fork over money for the chance of getting exp without having to grind for ten hours, but I can't forgive you for making me play as a human supremacist!"

At first I thought this was a joke but after all of the kidding around about how progressive faggots would be waving "Orc lives matter" signs if they lived in middle earth its good to now have confirmation that that is what they would in fact do. Someone could probably do a study by reading this and comparing it to how these same people react to terrorist attacks, of course if these were Nazis or Drumpf voters it would be a different story.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:10:44 AM by BigDiggerNick »

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Fuck you, dad! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #1593 on: October 13, 2017, 05:11:49 AM »
+2
Please tell me that article is a joke.

Please.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #1594 on: October 13, 2017, 07:04:40 AM »
+6
Everything is a social justice cause to these liberal faggots. Is it even worth reporting anymore?
Acting Assistant Director of The Department of Corrective Rape
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY</a>

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #1595 on: October 13, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »
+4
How long until they realize what the word Thrall means?

Like all video game orcs/orks come from the same source. We expect all of them to behave in a similar way.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon old cold, dead hands Seaman (lol) Ave Maria Lithuanian Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #1596 on: October 13, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »
+5
How long until they realize what the word Thrall means?

Like all video game orcs/orks come from the same source. We expect all of them to behave in a similar way.
In World of Warcraft, one of the human's /silly (tells a random joke) emotes is "So, an orc walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, 'Hey, where'd you get that?' The parrot says, 'Durotar. They've got them all over the place!'"

sperg rush

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1597 on: October 13, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »
+3
In Warcraft they were actual niggers, in Tolkien they were pretty much slime golems or enslaved elves.

Boy With Wings

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1598 on: October 13, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »
+3
Reminds me

Franzo

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1599 on: October 13, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »
+8
Fucking heresy. Burn the xenos sympathizer.