;

Author Topic: Media Deathwatch Megathread: The Goyim Know, Shut It Down!  (Read 39732 times)

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
Re: Media Deathwatch Megathread: The Goyim Know, Shut It Down!
« Reply #650 on: October 11, 2017, 03:55:03 PM »
+5
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDitYEk7eA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZDitYEk7eA</a>

Smello

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #651 on: October 13, 2017, 01:38:34 AM »
+2
Muh Treehouse!

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #653 on: October 21, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »
+14
Hollyjew is sinking fast: http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/10/21/hollywood-ending-big-studios-cutting-losses-this-weekend-pulling-flops-from-theaters-earlier-than-usual

It’s a bizarre season in Hollywood. Almost nothing is “working,” and the studios can’t afford to waste any more money hoping things will turn around. They’re pulling flops from theaters earlier than usual.

This weekend, for example, Warner Bros. is putting out a white flag on “Blade Runner” after three tough weeks. They’ve cut the number of theaters showing Denis Villeneuve’s beautiful film by 855. So far, “Blade Runner” has made just $66 million.  Audiences have not clamored to it. And now, week by week, Warners will quietly take it away.

Warner’s isn’t alone. Universal is pulling Tom Cruise’s  “American Made” from 539 locations after a month in release. The Doug Liman directed thriller has made just $43 million. Good reviews haven’t helped push Cruise fans to theaters. One problem was lack of promotion since Cruise wasn’t available. Also, audiences may have just soured on him after “The Mummy” and other flops. With both studios, it wasn’t for lack of trying.

The biggest decease (de-crease, but pun intended here) is for the revived “Flatliners.” With just $16 million in the till, Sony would be better off paying people to see this turkey. They’re retreating from 1,433 theaters this weekend, leaving “Flatliners” to breathe on its own. It will be completely dead by Sunday.

Also just about dead is the much praised “Battle of the Sexes,” Fox Searchlight couldn’t get anyone to go see it despite great reviews and excellent marketing. I’m actually dumbfounded that it’s made just $11 million. FS is killing off 849 screens. Ouch! And “Battle” was supposed to yield some awards action.

Warner’s, meantime, is facing more trouble than the other studios. Their “Geostorm” is going to be a disaster this weekend. And their “Lego Ninja” movie is leaving 951 theaters after $52 million and five weeks. Better to get out while they can.

And over all this weekend doesn’t look too promising for new films. “Geostorm” should be joined by “The Snowman” and in the kill bin by Sunday.

Here’s to better days– and soon!

PS Here’s an irony: The Weinstein Company’s “Wind River” is at $33 million. It cost around $15 million. Taylor Sheridan’s directing debut might have been an awards contender if certain things hadn’t happened.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #654 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:11 PM »
+14
its almost like the same polling firms and focus groups that predicted a hillary win are telling hollywood what the people will pay money to see in a theater

:sad:

Vegan Fish Advocate

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #655 on: October 21, 2017, 11:26:48 PM »
+4
Hollyjew is sinking fast: http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/10/21/hollywood-ending-big-studios-cutting-losses-this-weekend-pulling-flops-from-theaters-earlier-than-usual

It’s a bizarre season in Hollywood. Almost nothing is “working,” and the studios can’t afford to waste any more money hoping things will turn around. They’re pulling flops from theaters earlier than usual.

This weekend, for example, Warner Bros. is putting out a white flag on “Blade Runner” after three tough weeks. They’ve cut the number of theaters showing Denis Villeneuve’s beautiful film by 855. So far, “Blade Runner” has made just $66 million.  Audiences have not clamored to it. And now, week by week, Warners will quietly take it away.

Warner’s isn’t alone. Universal is pulling Tom Cruise’s  “American Made” from 539 locations after a month in release. The Doug Liman directed thriller has made just $43 million. Good reviews haven’t helped push Cruise fans to theaters. One problem was lack of promotion since Cruise wasn’t available. Also, audiences may have just soured on him after “The Mummy” and other flops. With both studios, it wasn’t for lack of trying.

The biggest decease (de-crease, but pun intended here) is for the revived “Flatliners.” With just $16 million in the till, Sony would be better off paying people to see this turkey. They’re retreating from 1,433 theaters this weekend, leaving “Flatliners” to breathe on its own. It will be completely dead by Sunday.

Also just about dead is the much praised “Battle of the Sexes,” Fox Searchlight couldn’t get anyone to go see it despite great reviews and excellent marketing. I’m actually dumbfounded that it’s made just $11 million. FS is killing off 849 screens. Ouch! And “Battle” was supposed to yield some awards action.

Warner’s, meantime, is facing more trouble than the other studios. Their “Geostorm” is going to be a disaster this weekend. And their “Lego Ninja” movie is leaving 951 theaters after $52 million and five weeks. Better to get out while they can.

And over all this weekend doesn’t look too promising for new films. “Geostorm” should be joined by “The Snowman” and in the kill bin by Sunday.

PS Here’s an irony: The Weinstein Company’s “Wind River” is at $33 million. It cost around $15 million. Taylor Sheridan’s directing debut might have been an awards contender if certain things hadn’t happened.

This is fucking beautiful.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

kosher nostra

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #656 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »
+3
Wind River was a good flick, too bad that the political climate in Hollywood is going to fuck over Jeremy Renner. Dude can't catch a break.

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #657 on: October 22, 2017, 12:29:01 AM »
+8

Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #658 on: October 22, 2017, 12:30:22 AM »
There's no way anyone thought any of those movies would do well.

« Reply #659 on: October 22, 2017, 01:31:16 AM »
+13
Meanwhile Tyler Perry's Crossdressing Nigger 27: This Time It's Halloween Again, I Guess? is set to make its entire $25 million budget back in the first weekend on its way to hundreds of millions in sales to one of the only demographics still poor enough to watch movies on DVD

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwRAqEBITuc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwRAqEBITuc</a>

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #660 on: October 22, 2017, 01:47:42 AM »
+8
I have respect for Tyler Perry because he set up his own studio in Atlanta because he saw how pozzed Hollywood was and refused to play their game. His studio is above and beyond what a typical studio in california would be equipped with far as facilities go, and he built and runs it for a mere fraction of the price since it's Atlanta.

He's also a big Lincoln sperg and bought a ton of shit that was Abraham Lincoln's over the years.

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: October 22, 2017, 11:43:52 AM »
+14
Disney should have gotten Tyler Perry to direct Star Wars Episode IX. Madea Goes to Space Jail could rake in those urban dollars they couldn't get with Finn.
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: October 22, 2017, 11:55:47 AM »
+5

A period piece about tennis staring Steve Carrel seemed like such a surefire hit.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLBHSuxwyuo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLBHSuxwyuo</a>

:facepalm:

(this would actually be a pretty good subject for a movie if they didn't hammer the PAY INEQUALITY bullshit)

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: October 22, 2017, 12:47:25 PM »
+7

Hollywood has been tapped out of good original ideas for a while.  It's either remakes that nobody asked for, cultmarx poison, or shit that is designed for the chink market.  The real question they should be asking is why did it take so long for people to stop watching this shit.  Once comic book movies start to perform like shit, that's when the real panic will set in.  What a coincidence that Black Panther is coming out in the next few months.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: October 22, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
+1

A period piece about tennis staring Steve Carrel seemed like such a surefire hit.

:facepalm:

(this would actually be a pretty good subject for a movie if they didn't hammer the PAY INEQUALITY bullshit)

maybe people didn't see it because the exact same goddamn subject has been done three time in the past 16 years

we are in a literal clown world where every four years there's going to be a new movie about a dyke beating a man in tennis

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: October 22, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
The real question they should be asking is why did it take so long for people to stop watching this shit.  Once comic book movies start to perform like shit, that's when the real panic will set in. 

Gleefully rubbing my hands together while expecting this to happen. It probably wont take long. Most of them are boring and uninspired and very generic. The good ones are the exception, not the rule. Once the normies say "I'm out" the entire thing will collapse, because the nerd demographic doesn't bring home the shekels in the amount that the {{{entertainment industry}}} expects.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: October 22, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
+3
It's a shame that Blade Runner 2049 isn't doing better, because it's some real kino and the best movie I've seen this year. 

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: October 22, 2017, 01:45:18 PM »
+1
It's a shame that Blade Runner 2049 isn't doing better, because it's some real kino and the best movie I've seen this year.
I'd agree, but I can see how it wouldn't be most people's cup of tea.

« Reply #668 on: October 22, 2017, 01:45:37 PM »
+12
Battle of the Sexes would have been a much better movie if it had focused on Bobby Riggs and how he threw the whole thing to settle his massive mob debt and that he went into the match falling down drunk

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: October 22, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »
+4
We're going to get more laughs out of this, because Star Wars will probably make a gorillion dollars again and they'll pretend the Hollywood ship has been righted even as more massive bombs get released in its wake. The panic will truly set in if the Han Solo movie gets bad reaction.

anti-Semitic graphs

• Unperson
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas? Inshallah! Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #670 on: October 22, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
+2
The new Blade Runner movie was great. I bet it would've had better box office numbers if Hollywood didn't release so many horseshit "Avengers 12: part 3" type-movies that people stopped thinking about going to theatres. I've seen maybe 6-7 movies in theatres over the last year and a half and Blade Runner was the ONLY one that was actually enjoyable to watch.

Jace821

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: October 22, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
+1
The real question they should be asking is why did it take so long for people to stop watching this shit.  Once comic book movies start to perform like shit, that's when the real panic will set in. 

Gleefully rubbing my hands together while expecting this to happen. It probably wont take long. Most of them are boring and uninspired and very generic. The good ones are the exception, not the rule. Once the normies say "I'm out" the entire thing will collapse, because the nerd demographic doesn't bring home the shekels in the amount that the {{{entertainment industry}}} expects.

The superhero movies are already mediocre. I think they’re getting decent reviews because reviewers think they’re supposed to get good reviews. Saw guardians 2 and Spider-Man reboot 5 and they sucked.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: October 22, 2017, 05:12:49 PM »
+3
Blade Runner was good but way too damn long. Should have called it Blade Runner Run Time 2049 minutes.
Acting Assistant Director of The Department of Corrective Rape
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAp_lcCwyY</a>

anti-Semitic graphs

• Unperson
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas? Inshallah! Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: October 22, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »
+2
Blade Runner was good but way too damn long. Should have called it Blade Runner Run Time 2049 minutes.
haha yea but I also appreciated that about it, it did its thing and didn't try to fit into the typical modern hollywood conventions. I was expecting it to be a 1:30 runtime action fest with a shit story but decent visuals and was pleasantly surprised.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: October 22, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »
+3
We're going to get more laughs out of this, because Star Wars will probably make a gorillion dollars again and they'll pretend the Hollywood ship has been righted even as more massive bombs get released in its wake. The panic will truly set in if the Han Solo movie gets bad reaction.

The fun part about Star Wars making a gorillion bucks is that studios are unable to replicate that kind of success for themselves as science fiction movies are bombing left and right.  So there's all this money being made without an opportunity for them to grab a slice themselves.