;

Author Topic: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others  (Read 64808 times)

BigDiggerNick

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Re: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others
« Reply #700 on: September 25, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »
+9
Speaking of that Diversity and Comics guy he recently tried to talk with the people in that facebook group fantasizing about being punched by him and he actually talked to one or two of them that were somewhat rational and said he was going to stop saying "autistic" and "man in a wig" as a gesture of goodwill. Of course what happened is what always happens to people who try to meet these retards halfway and that is they keep asking for more and more until he made this video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6Sgled3FM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6Sgled3FM</a>

Initially I was disappointed that he was going to censor himself so good on him for realizing cucking won't help him and it sure as hell won't stop these snowflakes from acting like victims. Its funny that in the end this seems to have made him more redpilled than before.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: September 27, 2017, 06:18:29 AM »
+11
New York Comic Con is next week.  Let's see what kind of interesting panels us east coasters will be treated to.

In Depth with Tumblr Fandometrics

Queers for Fears -- Understanding LGBTQ Villainy and Who's Doing it Right

Anime for Feminists

Nice Jewish Fangirls Presents: Jewing Fandom Right

I just want to stop for a second to mention that these are all real.

Building the Resistance: Activism in Fandom

Representation Matters!  How to Respectfully Write and Draw PoC and LGBTQIA Characters

Afropunks and Blerds: The Black Nerd Renaissance, Part 2

Again, you probably think these are all fake troll panels, but no, they're 100% real.

Graphic Sex: Comics, New Media, and the Queering of Sex Education

The Representation Book Shelf: Building a More Diverse Comics Classroom

Surviving as Womyn and Non-Binary People of Colour with Mental Illness in Cosplay

« Reply #702 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:06 AM »
+13
D&C realizing that acquiescing to the shitlibs will never be enough makes him instantly smarter than 99% of the Republican party

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2017, 11:54:23 AM »
+9
You know what The Walking Dead really needs more of?  Obnoxious, whiny women.

Cishonorable Discharge

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:24 PM »
+4
Glad I'm not the only one who hated that.

Also, anyone who likes TWD should check out Deadworld.
This post brought to you by SOUL TRANN

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #705 on: September 29, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
+8
They touch Anime I swear it will be fukkin over for them.  :ultlibrage:

Blob Dylan | Blood on the 'Tax

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Fascist Texan Wounded in the line of posting. Scientologist Punk's not dead! Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #706 on: September 30, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »
+3
Glad I'm not the only one who hated that.

Also, anyone who likes TWD should check out Deadworld.

deadworld fucking owns

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
+1
this is a parody of that one cowboy henk strip, right?

On the next page of the comic it talks about getting off when its fake penis rubs against its clit.

WHITE PRIVILEGE

• Person Of Interest
  • Awards old cold, dead hands United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: October 01, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »
+3
For a minute there I thought it was the illustrated version of the detachable penis song.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06:18 PM »
+8
It's set in Portland, naturally.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #712 on: October 08, 2017, 11:55:03 AM »
+7

:trumppence:

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: October 08, 2017, 12:00:24 PM »
+10
The comic industry deserves to die

Boo G. Graves

• Unperson
  • Things That Shitpost In The Night
  • Awards Better dead than red United Statesian You can't know! Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
+13
*flailing hipster bullshit*

Let's go a little bit farther down the faggot hole on this one.

Those panels are from a comic called "Trump vs. Time Lincoln", part of a series of comics involving President Abraham Lincoln having adventures in alternate realities in a premise that's approximately two and a half times as gay as it sounds. Here's the cover:

Here's an alt where Trump has swapped bodies with the Penguin:

Here's an article: http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/arts-culture/article/Trump-gets-Fury-Road-villain-treatment-in-11000842.php#photo-12546645

SAN ANTONIO -- Make America shiny and chrome again?

Fuck you.

Antarctic Press sure has that dystopian jingoism on the brain with "Trump vs. Time Lincoln," a new comic book that pits a time-traveling Abraham Lincoln against a twisted take on President Donald Trump straight out of "Mad Max: Fury Road."

Here it is, people. The sentence that confirms we ran out of ideas as a civilization years ago and deserve our fate.

Writer Alfred C. Perez :proc: describes "Trump vs. Time Lincoln" as an adventure set in a wasteland of time called "Alternate Reality," where "what was once fact is now a matter of alternate choice," according to the AP solicitation for the comic.

Translation: :triggered:

Our hero, a steampunk version of Lincoln originally created by AP writer/artist Fred Perry, must stop the opportunistic machinations of "Final Trump," a despotic take on Trump who rocks a skeletal respirator mask just like the villainous Immortan Joe from "Fury Road."

Final Trump is running rip-shod through time, Perez said, stealing patents to rebuild the world with himself as the perfect leader. It's up to Honest Abe and his team of time travelers to stop Final Trump before, as the solicit goes, he "blows... the cosmic budget on a wall to keep his Alt-Reality safe!"

You can sense the pissy, incoherent, childish rage roiling beneath every pithy jab.

The San Antonio publisher aims to have the one-shot comic in stores by mid-May [2017]. David Hutchison illustrates, with Perez writing and Brian Denham providing cover art.

"I know political satire is difficult, and I don't want to estrange anybody," Perez said. "I just want it to be fun, and for everybody to get a good laugh out of it."  :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss:

"I'm not butthurt, I'm not butthurt!" I say, as I slowly don my sombrero and assless chaps to sneak over the border.

AP also has sent-up our nation's commanders-in-chief with the horror miniseries "President Evil, which features President "Ba-rot" Obama uniting forces across the aisle to take on an army of undead presidents.

AP followed up that zombie fun with the sequel "President Evil: Taste Great," a quasi-spoof of the 2016 election where "Killery Klinton" and "Don 'of the Dead' Drumpf" chomp to "rot the vote."

Again, fuck you.

And here's the comic if you're that interested: http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Trump-vs-Time-Lincoln/Full?id=122472&readType=1

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: October 08, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
+4
The San Antonio publisher aims to have the one-shot comic in stores by mid-May [2017]. David Hutchison illustrates, with Perez writing and Brian Denham providing cover art.

"I know political satire is difficult, and I don't want to estrange anybody," Perez said. "I just want it to be fun, and for everybody to get a good laugh out of it."  :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss: :tuss:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnJrYYdzq0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLnJrYYdzq0</a>
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: October 08, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
+8
Trump has all the hotties.  :nixon:

Cis Hetfield

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: October 09, 2017, 01:38:33 AM »
+11
If that shitty comic gets enough exposure pol and thedonald will just turn it into a pro-Trump meme and bullycide that spic faggot into oblivion. Hell, I'm pretty sure it already is.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: October 09, 2017, 11:15:07 AM »
+6
That's probably my least favorite thing to see in a millennial artist, literally copy-pasting somebody else's better creativity and acting like you're making a cutting insight.

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: October 09, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
+10
The gamer bar I do sound for on Saturdays when the bands come in, allow the patrons to sell their art at the bar like a gallery. It's mostly canvas paintings, I'd say it breaks down to 60% rick and morty 15% comics, 14% other pop culture cartoons and maybe 1% actual original art. None of them have a creative bone in their body so they just endlessly reproduce other people's shit.

The Trumpriarch

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #720 on: October 11, 2017, 09:11:07 AM »
+9
The gamer bar I do sound for on Saturdays when the bands come in, allow the patrons to sell their art at the bar like a gallery. It's mostly canvas paintings, I'd say it breaks down to 60% rick and morty 15% comics, 14% other pop culture cartoons and maybe 1% actual original art. None of them have a creative bone in their body so they just endlessly reproduce other people's shit.

Is it that the artists there don't have any creativity, or that they're very aware of the target audience at a gamer bar?
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #721 on: October 11, 2017, 11:05:18 AM »
+1

Is it that the artists there don't have any creativity, or that they're very aware of the target audience at a gamer bar?

WhyNotBoth.gif

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
https://web.archive.org/web/20171021022402/https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/20/marvel-writers-retreat-nycc-2017/

Fear And Loathing At The Marvel Comics Writers Summit Before New York Comic Con

Before New York Comic Con, Marvel Comics holds a writers retreat where traditionally, Marvel exclusive-signed writers and editorial staff sit around the place pitching ideas, developing concepts, finding some common ground — then dividing and conquering. In such an environment, stories like Civil War sprung into existence. It’s a way for creators to bash up against other creators and the pragmatism of the commercial publishing realities to find inspiration for the company’s trajectory.

[T]he night before the summit, one creator called on other creators to speak out against harassment against one other. This became a topic of discussion not at the meeting, but in the off times and later hours. Nearly everyone was in agreement that such a statement would be a bad idea and draw attention to essentially a non-issue, as seems to have been proven by a lack of outrage expressed by fans at New York Comic Con. There was a small handful of creators who thought such a response was appropriate, but not passionately.

But make no mistake: this year, Marvel has suffered. There is a belief amongst Marvel executives that while changing characters is necessary to keep the brands fresh and exciting, too much happened too soon in too many books. The editorial response is that changes to Marvel characters were never top down; they were mostly generated from the creators as to where they want to take each comic. And such was the zeitgeist that a number of those changes involved changing the lead character, often casting a new lead of a different gender or demographic, where the majority of Marvel books were white, male, and straight. In fact, they still are — just slightly less so.

And so we had Jane Foster Thor, Amadeus Cho Hulk, Sam Wilson Captain America, Riri Williams Iron Man, Miles Morales Spider-Man, Laura Wolverine, Nadia Wasp — and while few would have had much of a problem with individual changes, collectively it alienated too many long-term fans. This was not, as some fans believe, the result of editorial direction given by Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso or Senior Vice President of Publishing Tom Brevoort, but mostly emerged organically from the creators on the books. “Steam engine” time as some people put it. So it was more of a cosmic alignment than any grand plan.

However, those supposed to be overseeing all editorial creative content somehow did not see this effect of all this coming at once. And with storylines needing to be finished rather than abandoned, they were suddenly caught in a situation, the peak of which was the Marvel Retailer Summit earlier this year. The Marvel Retailer Meeting at New York Comic Con was, too, to some extent.

Of course, this was always the way. But maybe over the decades, Marvel fans had become used to, even appreciated, stagnation in their comic book stories. And then suddenly had to deal with big changes to all their favourite characters all at once. The frog needed to have been boiled slower — over a longer period rather than to have been left in tepid water for so long and simply thrown into the bubbling melting pot — to keep everyone on side.

The belief is that what fans are really reacting to is too much change all at once in all their books. Change can be scary to some, but scary can be entertaining and done strategically it works, but all at once can shock the system. The knee-jerk reaction then becomes to look for reasons and the change in race and gender for lead characters could be seized upon to justify why they were feeling the way they did.

It was pointed out DC Comics suffered from this very same thing back in the late ’90s and early 2000s, when Superman got a mullet, died and was replaced by pretenders, then went electric blue. Batman had his back broken and was replaced by Azrael. Hal Jordan became a genocidal psychopath and was replaced by Kyle Rayner. So many of the core characters were no longer the core characters. In DC’s case, it happened over a longer period of time, with less demographic changes, but it also coincided with falling sales in the years to come. Marvel’s greater changes to more characters over a shorter period of time have just exacerbated that feeling.

And the reaction to this reaction, from creators and editorial, has often been antagonistic, which has entrenched rather than won over opinion. Social media has now given far more fans direct access to far more creators. There is also the feeling expressed is that this is influencing creators far more than it should. Creators were reminded that for the most part, they don’t know who they are really talking to, and there is evidence that some people use multiple identities.

And that there is a difference between online reaction and customer reaction — the books that are heavily supported by social media often fail in print, while those mocked and condemned by the same often succeed. Creators were also reminded that sales have dropped industrywide, they are still higher than they were, say, seven years ago. And if Marvel’s sales are down from their height right now, that’s because everyone’s sales are down from that height — even DC Comics.

The advice most accepted was that the more creators fight online with those who are angry with them, the more attention gets given to the aggressor. Editorial and management have been trying to convey to creators that fighting against people who remain contrarian no matter what, whatever the political affiliation or sympathy, was a waste of time. They may find themselves baited into saying something they would regret. Tweets can be deleted — screencaps less so.

I am told that, after considerable debate, some of the more vociferous voices may have taken this to heart, maybe toning it down. The proof, of course, will be in the posting.

tl;dr - this is a very long story basically confirming a few things:

1) The plan to replace fan favorite heroes with affirmation action hires is supported by Marvel executives.  The speed at which it happened (ie every movie Avenger being replaced within the same year) was not.

2) Sales still aren't as bad as they were during the Great Recession. 

3) Marvel writers and editors think the people criticizing them on social media are a handful of people using multiple accounts, and that their online criticism is not reflective of the true sales numbers.

4) Fans are scared of change (and probably racist), so its their fault that taking popular, recognizable characters and replacing them with the Burger King Kid's Club caused sales to plummet.

In essence, Marvel has learned nothing and will continue to publish books that sell less than 10k copies out of spite. 

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
I honestly don't understand what the barrier is to making your own diversity comic with your own characters and such is. Is it distribution?  Start online.

Maybe there are all these great hip hop comics but they just don't get much exposure. What about Asians and their representation?  Why must all these vile Marxists try to take over established comics?  Because that's their goal is the obvious answer. They don't read comics in the first place and all they want to do is destroy. They don't have a culture of creativity so they spend all their efforts crying that a Norse deity isn't a chick until they get their way.

Black chick becomes Iron Man? Ridiculous. Come up with your own ideas.

I guess the execs want to keep these brands and established books alive by updating them but so far the numbers support what we have already suspected - identity politics and shitlib ideals don't sell.

Pandering to minorities is killing them financially. I think they may have better success taking a risk here and there on a totally new property instead of wrecking up the existing stuff.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
Asians have a whole genre dedicated to them, it's called Manga.