;

Author Topic: Las Vegas Shooting  (Read 12311 times)

Ossipago

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
Re: Las Vegas Shooting
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »
It seems to be he was using guns that were already banned.

Looks like laws don't stop guns from being fired off.

You're right. I understand from what I've read today that there is a legal way to obtains weapons like this, but it's expensive (starts at $10K) and requires even more rigorous background checks that take up to a year to finalize. I also read you can get conversion kits or conversion parts, but you either have to do the millwork on your gun yourself or have it done by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

The 3rd option is probably the most likely: he got it illegally from Mexican gunrunners.

Looks like money was not an issue.  The guy was very well off.

he'd apparently been a high roller in recent times.  might be something banal happened to him rather than anything ideological.  so we can expect pure gun control chatter for a month.

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »
+11
If any of you goys saw the interview with the shooter's brother this morning, it's more hilarious in hindsight because the poor guy was like "he wasn't really into guns" and now they're saying he had over a dozen guns in the hotel room and like 20 at one of his houses.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 06:15:02 PM »
+18
"No political affiliation" made me chortle. Watch this guy end up having a picture of Mao on his wall and a library of commie faggotry.

Mad at the Internet

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »
+10
If any of you goys saw the interview with the shooter's brother this morning, it's more hilarious in hindsight because the poor guy was like "he wasn't really into guns" and now they're saying he had over a dozen guns in the hotel room and like 20 at one of his houses.

Lol, fucking disconnected boomers who don't even keep up with their own family members. I see that all the time with my mom and her siblings.

wow post feet

• Unperson
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Deplorables Faggot Killed in the Line of Posting Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2017, 06:54:34 PM »
+9
Mandy are you a flat earther now?

fucking plebs

iLL PUT YOUR BRAIN IN SLOW MOTION

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2017, 09:07:52 PM »
+2
Anywhere else, I'd say that's odd. But everytime I've been to Vegas I've had some lunatic say something weird to me.

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2017, 09:16:29 PM »
+6

Lol, fucking disconnected boomers who don't even keep up with their own family members. I see that all the time with my mom and her siblings.

I've seen reports that the shooter had tannerite at his house too. So much for the brother knowing jack shit about him or his affinity for guns.
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2017, 09:25:45 PM »
+12
"No political affiliation" made me chortle. Watch this guy end up having a picture of Mao on his wall and a library of commie faggotry.

"No political affiliation" is mediaspin for "Democrat."  It's why the narrative has moved towards gun control.  If this guy was anything approaching a Republican, it'd be plastered all over, complete with "spontaneous" demonstrations and more attempts to take down more statues. 

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2017, 09:32:35 PM »
+7

"No political affiliation" is mediaspin for "Democrat."  It's why the narrative has moved towards gun control.  If this guy was anything approaching a Republican, it'd be plastered all over, complete with "spontaneous" demonstrations and more attempts to take down more statues.

The longer it takes for the media to sheepishly admit some kind of motivation, the more I think we may be in for a WHAT A TWEEST ending where ISIS was telling the truth about the guy converting, or him being in contact with Antifa, or he was explicitly a charity baseball copycat or something wacky that makes it hard for them to just make it about YT and EVIL GUNS.

edit: I mean honestly, an EVIL TRUMP NAZI ALT-RIGHT MRAPUAKKK TEABAGGER wouldn't exactly put a country music festival full of white people at the top of the list of potential rampage targets.

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 09:42:21 PM »
+9
There are also stories about how the shooter's father robbed multiple banks back in the day and was some kind of legit psychopath/mentally ill, and Vegas guy may have inherited some kind of brain problem(s). I'm no brain scientist, but doesn't mental illness that would bring something on like this usually manifest when a person is in their 20's rather than waiting until they're in their mid 60's?

anti-Semitic graphs

• Unperson
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas? Inshallah! Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:54 PM »
+2

The longer it takes for the media to sheepishly admit some kind of motivation, the more I think we may be in for a WHAT A TWEEST ending where ISIS was telling the truth about the guy converting, or him being in contact with Antifa, or he was explicitly a charity baseball copycat or something wacky that makes it hard for them to just make it about YT and EVIL GUNS.

edit: I mean honestly, an EVIL TRUMP NAZI ALT-RIGHT MRAPUAKKK TEABAGGER wouldn't exactly put a country music festival full of white people at the top of the list of potential rampage targets.

I keep seeing people say that ISIS hasn't claimed responsibility for an attack they weren't at least tangentially responsible for. Anyone know if that's true?

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »
+8
Interesting and funny (both funny "ha-ha" and funny *nervous laughter* in this case) conspiracy theory from 8chan: this guy was programmed to go off during a Hilldawg presidency to give a power boost to gun grabbing efforts.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Ave Maria Better dead than red Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
+8
It seems to be he was using guns that were already banned.

Looks like laws don't stop guns from being fired off.

You're right. I understand from what I've read today that there is a legal way to obtains weapons like this, but it's expensive (starts at $10K) and requires even more rigorous background checks that take up to a year to finalize. I also read you can get conversion kits or conversion parts, but you either have to do the millwork on your gun yourself or have it done by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing.

The 3rd option is probably the most likely: he got it illegally from Mexican gunrunners.
Buying/transferring a registered machine gun without a tax stamp is a felony. Manufacturing a new machine gun (building one from scratch or converting an existing firearm) without a Federal Firearms License with a Special Occupational Tax is a felony. Then again, murdering 50+ people is also a felony. :jesse:

Boo G. Graves

• Unperson
  • Things That Shitpost In The Night
  • Awards Better dead than red United Statesian You can't know! Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2017, 10:08:30 PM »
+4
Interesting and funny (both funny "ha-ha" and funny *nervous laughter* in this case) conspiracy theory from 8chan: this guy was programmed to go off during a Hilldawg presidency to give a power boost to gun grabbing efforts.

You look a little tense, Mr. Paddock. Why don't you pass the time by shooting up wypipo?

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • but unironically tho
  • Awards Deplorables Libertarian old White Chick United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »
+6
There are also stories about how the shooter's father robbed multiple banks back in the day and was some kind of legit psychopath/mentally ill, and Vegas guy may have inherited some kind of brain problem(s). I'm no brain scientist, but doesn't mental illness that would bring something on like this usually manifest when a person is in their 20's rather than waiting until they're in their mid 60's?

I suppose it's possible that it showed up in smaller less alarming ways throughout his life but since he was an accountant people may have written it off to math-dude weirdness and then it finally went supernova.

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »
+6
I'm picturing Patrick Bateman making it to his 60's and deciding to go out by taking as many people as possible with him.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:09 PM »
+4

I suppose it's possible that it showed up in smaller less alarming ways throughout his life but since he was an accountant people may have written it off to math-dude weirdness and then it finally went supernova.

It's also possible he had a brain tumor that developed later in life that drove him to it a la Charles Whitman :jesse:

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »
+8
Earlier, Mike Levine was tweeting that sources have told him that the shooter had, in recent months, "sent tens of thousands of dollars to someone in the Philippines". His Flip "roommate"/girlfriend? is currently out of the country, and the Philippines are currently dealing with a massive chink ISIS infestation. Really makes u think.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 10:27:14 PM »
+1
Earlier, Mike Levine was tweeting that sources have told him that the shooter had, in recent months, "sent tens of thousands of dollars to someone in the Philippines". His Flip "roommate"/girlfriend? is currently out of the country, and the Philippines are currently dealing with a massive chink ISIS infestation. Really makes u think.

So you're saying he was a conduit for covert funding of ISIS/MILF insurgents in the phillipines and he was set up by someone in the US establishment in order to get rid of the evidence?

nerdball

• Cishet White Male
  • but unironically tho
  • Awards Deplorables Libertarian old White Chick United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2017, 10:28:17 PM »
+6
MILF might be a bit generous tbh

BOOpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
+7
Also a little magic going on:

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
+5

No doubt the mystery woman telling the people in the crowd that "you're gonna die tonight" was Paddocks handler, similar to the woman in the polka-dot dress who was with Sirhan Sirhan.

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Wounded in the line of posting. The Gentry cold, dead hands Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »
+5
WHEN | BOOMERS | ATTACK
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »
+5