;

Author Topic: Someone with an SA account, please post this.  (Read 2942 times)

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
Someone with an SA account, please post this.
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:54 AM »
+2
Last night my four year old counted to 100. At first I thought this was a nice accomplishment for a pre-school child. But then I remembered the words of our President and I reconsidered what I should say to her.

I told her that she did not learn to count to 100 on her own. Someone else created our base ten system of numbering. Someone else created the card with the numbers she read. Someone else took her to school and taught her. I remonstrated her for her arrogance in being proud of "her" accomplishment, as it was not her own.

I was glad I had not missed this opportunity to correct her. The odd thing is, now she doesn't want to learn to count past 100. I am completely confused by her sudden disinterest. Can someone explain this to me?

:obammy:
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Re: Someone with an SA account, please post this.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
MHMMM, Amen brotha! preach it!
 :say:
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
Haha, hello new chain email. If you wrote that, start spreading it. It's pretty funny.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
idgi, what's it supposed to be a parody of?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
Haha, hello new chain email. If you wrote that, start spreading it. It's pretty funny.
I did. And I actually thought about doing that, but I can't now because Snopes will get it and you'll all find out who I am. :(

In fact, why don't you guys spread it around and say it came from Rocket on SomethingSensitive. We'll be famuous!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:48:05 PM by Rocket »

wimpb

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 08:26:54 PM »
+1
lol

chain emails are so 10 years ago man, now we have facebook

(i'm putting this on my facebook)

wimpb

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
+2
Hold on, I can't laugh at posting this. Someone else wrote this and someone else invented the english language and writing system we have today.

I feel so ashamed.

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 08:55:36 PM »
idgi, what's it supposed to be a parody of?
http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/17/you-own-a-busines-you-didnt-build-that-s

Obama speech where he says:

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me ó because they want to give something back.  They know they didnít ó look, if youíve been successful, you didnít get there on your own.  You didnít get there on your own.  Iím always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.  There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.  Let me tell you something ó there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.  (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.  There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.  Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.  Somebody invested in roads and bridges.  If youíve got a business ó you didnít build that.  Somebody else made that happen.  The Internet didnít get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.  There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own.  I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service.  That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

Basically pandering to his audience saying just cause your a failure doesnt mean you arent smart and hardworking and beautiful and special
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 09:49:46 PM »
+1
if it was a republican who said that last part: "There are some things, just like fighting fires, we donít do on our own.  I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service.  That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."

it would be thrown all over SA on dumb posts that looked like this

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:28 AM »
+1
Hahaha it's great because business happens in spite of government. A lot of business doesn't happen because of government. Look at all the taxi drivers who don't own their own cabs or who do not become drivers in the first place because of the cost of a medallion, the supply of which is artificially restricted to protect those already in the profession. Only government could maintain that kind of business-killing regulation.

Without government intervention, the only way to keep would-be taxi drivers out of the profession is intimidation and violence, and that's the only time when the government should really step in. Law enforcement and the courts.

Even if you want government for infrastructure and shit, that would really be done on the state, county and city levels, not the federal level. Okay, I might buy Obama's (really, Elizabeth Warren's) argument for reasons why the states and counties should intervene sparingly, but not the federal government.

wimpb

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 03:03:01 AM »
Saw this comment at reason.com

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/17/obamas-speech-overemphasizes-the-importa#comment_3144013
The intellectual dishonesty it takes to believe that's what he said and then to spread it around is staggering. I thoroughly expect Reason to carry water for Romney, but this is pretty disturbing. The fact that the context of the speech is a few clicks from you at any given time and still you people choose to disregard fact in favor of a lie that fits your desired reality is shameful.

lol fukkin what

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 07:27:04 AM »
Yea, someone is projecting.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
+1
If you thought he was anything less than a full blown commie from the start...

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards cold, dead hands Strayan Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »
+1
Saw this comment at reason.com

http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/17/obamas-speech-overemphasizes-the-importa#comment_3144013
The intellectual dishonesty it takes to believe that's what he said and then to spread it around is staggering. I thoroughly expect Reason to carry water for Romney, but this is pretty disturbing. The fact that the context of the speech is a few clicks from you at any given time and still you people choose to disregard fact in favor of a lie that fits your desired reality is shameful.

lol fukkin what

It's only OK to misrepresent what people say when it's Palin.

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut tfw no gf because jews Anonymous BYOB TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 11:05:15 PM »
+1
I'm surprised your daughter wasn't counting by $100s, considering how much money you magically have.  :smug:
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »
Well, she's nothing more than a privileged WASP anyway.

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut tfw no gf because jews Anonymous BYOB TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 12:22:36 PM »
+1
Well, she's nothing more than a privileged WASP anyway.

All joking aside, congrats that you aren't raising a government dependent deadbeat.  :reagan:
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
+1
Thanks.

I wonder if Obama would say to bin Laden, ."Those buildings you blew up? You didn't do that by yourself. You had volunteers on planes, and government officials covering you and a whole lot of Jews to help you along the way."

:hanglyicon

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 04:03:01 AM »
+2
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

jabba

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:58 AM »
+5
The "if you got a business -- you didn't build that" was legit poor translation to text. He stopped himself mid sentence and was referring to the other shit he was saying. Translated properly it was "if you've got business you didn't build the roads and bridges and the fire dept" or whatever. The memes imply he was saying "if you have a business you literally didn't build it."

Sorry it annoys me that people say this because it makes it easy for people to just dismiss criticism of what he was saying because they are misquoting it, when what he was actually saying was fucking stupid and deserves direct ridicule. Honestly at the time when I read the "hilarious" memes it led to me swallowing more blue pills instead of thinking critically about what he was saying. It's counterproductive.

What he was actually saying: "people who are successful think they got there because they are smart and talented, but that's wrong they got there because of roads and bridges and their teachers and other forms of government assistance therefore they should pay some unspecified amount of high taxes." This is a fucking retarded perspective for a dozen different reasons, not the least of which that is sets up no framework for how to gauge what is fair in terms of taxes, just that for any arbitrary rate the rich probably aren't paying "their fair share."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:13:24 AM by jabba »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! Sasstronaut United Statesian TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 02:13:33 AM »
+1
He's got a vague point--if you didn't have taxes pay the govt to maintain the roads, police the streets, have an army to stop invading, etc you wouldn't have much of a business. But only the most hardcore libertarians would try to debate that framework. The actual debate on taxes is how they are used for less basic stuff, but Obama was trying to conflate that. "WELL IF YOU DON'T WANT GIANT GOVT WITH PROGRAMS FOR YOUFS AND GIBS AND ACADEMIC FUNDING FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE RESEARCH I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT ROADS OR BRIDGES OR AN ARMY HUH?!"

The misquoting thing is a lot like what happened with Mitt Romney--when he said "Corporations are people, my friend" he wasn't literally saying CORPORATE ENTITIES ARE THE SAME AS PEOPLE, he was saying that corporations are made up of people. But because Mittensbot 2000 it came out wrong and the press jumped on it to make him sound ridiculous.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 09:45:45 AM »
+3
He's got a vague point--if you didn't have taxes pay the govt to maintain the roads, police the streets, have an army to stop invading, etc you wouldn't have much of a business. But only the most hardcore libertarians would try to debate that framework. The actual debate on taxes is how they are used for less basic stuff, but Obama was trying to conflate that. "WELL IF YOU DON'T WANT GIANT GOVT WITH PROGRAMS FOR YOUFS AND GIBS AND ACADEMIC FUNDING FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE RESEARCH I GUESS YOU DON'T WANT ROADS OR BRIDGES OR AN ARMY HUH?!"

The misquoting thing is a lot like what happened with Mitt Romney--when he said "Corporations are people, my friend" he wasn't literally saying CORPORATE ENTITIES ARE THE SAME AS PEOPLE, he was saying that corporations are made up of people. But because Mittensbot 2000 it came out wrong and the press jumped on it to make him sound ridiculous.
Maybe you could delete the spammed images from this otherwise incredible piece of internet history so we don't have to scroll past the horror?

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 01:58:58 PM »
+1

It's really a shame Obama didn't get torn a new one at the time for literally making a variation on the BUT WHO WILL BUILD THE ROADS argument. Libertarianism was still alive and not 100% sad, too.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Nate Higgers

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot You can't know! Futurist United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 03:53:12 PM »
+7
Libertarianism has always been sad.  Hope this helps.