;

Author Topic: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread  (Read 705150 times)

Patriarchy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread
« on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:55 AM »
These are unedited posts deriving from the Feminism and Gender Equality thread on the Something Awful forums.

Quote from: Earwicker
Distrusting western medicine is not necessarily the same thing as being anti-science.

Quote from: Alterian
Thank you for posting the video. I was looking for it earlier today but didn't see it out yet. I really wanted to go back to college to get a masters in liberal studies with a focus on new media and feminism. I'd love to make a game one day that's feminism friendly. The legend of Zelda series was my favorite growing up and I would have given anything for a game where Zelda was the hero.

Men and women should both get mandatory family leave. Then its not just women's fault for wanting to have a family.

Patriarchy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Re: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:08:41 AM »
Quote from: solovyov
It's a damn shame men can't wear skirts (without social sanction). They really are comfortable.

Quote from: Torka
I feel the same way about nail polish, that stuff looks really fun but I'm not willing to face the social consequences of doing something perceived as gender bendy. And it would be perceived that way even though I would only be doing it for the neat colours and not to make any sort of statement about my sexuality.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
Just the last page.

Quote from: lt_kennedy" post="413448407
No one cares about Drag Kings tho, which is a shame because kinging is one of the few instances where I myself can expresses a maleness in me that I never ever let surface - there's a big difference between Hard Femme Kennedy and Manry Swaglord King Kennedy :sigh:

Quote from: The Iron Rose" post="413449571
I live with someone who's genderqueer, and sometimes they have boy days and sometimes they have girl days.

mods plz change my name to Manry Swaglord King

e: it is everything I have ever dreamed of and so much more
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:06:30 AM by Manry Swaglord King »

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:36:29 AM »

I live with someone who's genderqueer, and sometimes they have boy days and sometimes they have girl days.

I'm going to say they have neither  :smug:

Patriarchy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:08:42 AM »
Worst cockblocker ever.

Quote from: Serious Cephalopod
Okay, I will straight up admit that I use bullying tactics to ostracize people now, and I am 25 years old.

I do it purposefully, and with full intent, to make sure that those people I am bullying are not present in my social circle and are reviled.

I tell loads of people "secrets" that these people I'm bullying tell me.
I tell people about every fuck up these people have.
I tell people that I hate these guys.
I tell these people to their faces that they are worthless, and that everyone is happier when they aren't around.
I tell these people to their faces that I hate them.
I invite everyone in their social circles EXCEPT them to parties, and make sure they are not invited.
If these people come into contact with me and my friends (many of whom they consider there friends as well), I will do everything I can to exclude them from hanging out with us or even speaking to us, including pretending they don't exist.
I encourage everyone I know, including their families, not to aid them monetarily or spend time with them.

Granted, these people are adults. I would not do this to a child. And, it's after years of attempting to help them with their social awkwardness, and years of telling them exactly what behaviors they're exhibiting when they are out of line. But these guys can seriously go fuck themselves. I have no problem with two of them killing themselves. I'd even feel kind of happy.

Because these men sexually harass, abuse, and rape women. They play the Nice Guy shtick, and I'm grateful that friends of mine are recognizing it, now. I think that they absolutely deserve this bullying, and that they do not deserve companionship in any form until they receive psychological help, and probably not even then. All of these men have been doing this sort of thing since highschool, and they ramped it up more and more as they got older. I believe that, if more people shunned and bullied them for this behavior when they were younger, it wouldn't be ingrained in them, now.

Every single thing I do, I do with that in mind, and I don't feel guilty about it at all.

I only sort of feel bad that I don't feel bad that I'm this shameless about it.

Some other gems from her.

My dog is named Ripley after this movie. There is only one vet tech I've met who's ever got it, and many who insist it is a name men give to male dogs. My goddamn lady DOG can't even escape effects of the patriarchy.

There was as guy in my old science class who would offer me his jacket and insist on opening doors for me. He also tried really, really hard to impress me with his atheism and convince me he was so smart, by trying to prove he was smarter than me. Sorry dude, I'm pretty fucking clever, and pretty fucking proud. Your shit did not fly.

I started calling him out on it.
I asked him why he never held the door open for our male classmates.
"They're guys, and I'm just chivalrous."
I told him he should just be nice to everyone, instead.

I asked him why he wouldn't give his jacket to a shivering male friend.
"They should know to bring a jacket, if it's cold."
I told him so should any woman, and if he was genuinely caring, he'd give his jacket to a man, as well.

I asked him if he'd do any of this for an unnattractive woman. "... Uh, well... Yes? Sure."

Then I fucking yelled at him for doing nice things for me in an attempt to get something out of me instead of out of genuine kindness, called him a liar and an ass. "You should just accept that I want to be nice to you!" He said. Fuck that, that's not being nice. That's being shit.

And because I didn't want to have that conversation with every dude I've ever had open the door for me, I would run and open the door first for quite a while. Took me a bit to get over that, because like I said, I am very proud. Now, though, so long as no one runs in front of me or is a general ass about it, I've gone back to my thank yous.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:17:33 AM by mangosteenfan »

Something Else

• Person Of Interest
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Earwicker
Distrusting western medicine is not necessarily the same thing as being anti-science.

Yes it is you fucking morons.  I get enough of this hippie shit on Facebook but THIS

Quote from: solovyov
It's a damn shame men can't wear skirts (without social sanction). They really are comfortable.

Is pure LOL

Men and women should both get mandatory family leave. Then its not just women's fault for wanting to have a family.

Unironically agree.   :ultlibrage:

Travis Touchdown 2.0

• Enemy Of The State
  • Space Racists
  • Bitch
  • Awards Took down a Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
+1

'Nice guys' are this new and recent boogeyman that came out of fucking nowhere, along with being redefined into this hilarious parody of what the average turbofem thinks their ideal enemy is: some evil cismale who hides his misogyny and desire to rape under crypto-sexist acts like holding doors open, literally referring to themselves as a nice guy, and hating all things feminism. Throw in being a PUA and something about Reddit, a couple ironic uses of misandry, and you have the perfect strawcisman. You can bet that almost every encounter involving a nice guy that went WAY TOO FAR has been embellished to hide the fact that the broken victim has zero experience regarding this thing called 'relationships', which is clear when she asks why this guy isn't holding the door open for random dudes, or offering his jacket to them, GEE, I WONDER. Something tells me she never asked him if he liked her either, and just went straight for YOU'RE ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU WANNA FUCK

What most normal people identify as the classic nice guy is that type of emasculated feminized male that hangs out exclusively with goonettes like her, has zero male friends, and attaches himself to femme and fatpoz movements to show how totally nice and supportive he is, while underneath, he's wondering if this is going to be the slutwalk that gets him laid, and even then, he'll never make the first move, because he'll be scared shitless about how could accidentally introduce an unwanted advance, and then self-brand himself as a rapist

Something Else

• Person Of Interest
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »
+1
YOU'RE ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU WANNA FUCK

Everything I do.   :reagan:

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »
agreed, dude sounds goony as fuck: spouting off about atheism, apparently making a show of holding open the door and offering his coat to thine maiden.

if I heard all of that shit from a 18 year old I would just roll my eyes and chalk it up to kids being dumb, but at 25 years old what the fuck. Just move on with your life and stop hanging out with all of those "rapists" instead of being that friend that's a pain in the ass who huffs and puffs over the stupidest shit or tries to create problems because she doesn't like someone.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
+1

I'm a legit lgbtrpfhphrrrt defender most of the time and even I can't stand these fucking people. They care far more about gender roles than the objectively evil bigots they never shut up about and it's just about the most disturbed form of special snowflake syndrome imaginable. People who feel like they're not high up enough on Lady Gaga's Little Monsters And Freaks Scale for their arguments to be completely bulletproof in social justice circles, so they make up nonexistent shit to gain some extra oppression badges.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:38:07 AM by internet culture »

whatthedickesisthis

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »
+2

YOU'RE ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE YOU WANNA FUCK

Goons would bitch about normal human interactions being obsolete and offensive, meanwhile in animal world courtship often involves 'jump that bitch and bust all the nuts', no nice dinners in the harsh world of duck sex.

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Inshallah! Fuck you, dad! Autistic Anonymous Sasstronaut You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »
no nice dinners in the harsh world of duck sex.
lol

Social commentary in video games

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 12:32:45 PM »
What's the deal with the whole Nice Guy thing lately? I thought it was just a high school phase or do they still exist in large numbers somewhere? Part 2: why does every goonette blame Nice Guys for her inability to have romance?
Thanks for defending my freedom to freely shitpost on a forum hosted in these here United States.  :salute:

ChuckRoddy

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »

Thank you for posting the video. I was looking for it earlier today but didn't see it out yet. I really wanted to go back to college to get a masters in liberal studies with a focus on new media and feminism. I'd love to make a game one day that's feminism friendly. The legend of Zelda series was my favorite growing up and I would have given anything for a game where Zelda was the hero.

I love how making a game is somehow not something that requires extensive education for in itself, but making something "feminism friendly" is.
Here: Make a hero that has something more to her than giant boobs. Done, I just saved you 60k.
Now about that "making a game" thing. You need a team and a shit ton of money.

Saurons Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420 Commie
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
What's the deal with the whole Nice Guy thing lately? I thought it was just a high school phase or do they still exist in large numbers somewhere? Part 2: why does every goonette blame Nice Guys for her inability to have romance?

I thought Nice Guys referred to gormless twenty-somethings who still haven't learned how to talk to girls (ie a lot of goons). Now the term somehow also includes evil rapists. Guess it means whatever it needs to in order to create a mockable stereotype for people who are themselves mockable stereotypes?

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 02:29:07 PM »
Yeah I'm kind of jealous tbh

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 02:33:36 PM »
Unironically agree.   :ultlibrage:

I also agree, except for the second part.  For part one, I just had a baby girl in November.  I had to burn two weeks vacation to be involved, when my wife got six weeks automatically.  For all the fighting that feminists do for everything to be equal, why is this not a rage topic?  As for part two, it is a woman's fault for wanting a family.  If you have a family, it is not conducive to career development.  It's one or the other, at least imo, until the kid is of school age.  Both work and family suffers when trying to do both.  Daycares do not substitute for good parenting.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 02:40:22 PM »
+3
if what bubbacat said was posted on sa-

WHOA GUYS LOOKS LIKE WE GOT ANOTHER MRA HERE, FUCKING SKANKS AND THEIR PAID LEAVE AFTER THEIR 20 HOURS OF LABOR HUH?

LOL WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW HARD MEN HAVE IT HUH OP???

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
if what bubbacat said was posted on sa-

WHOA GUYS LOOKS LIKE WE GOT ANOTHER MRA HERE, FUCKING SKANKS AND THEIR PAID LEAVE AFTER THEIR 20 HOURS OF LABOR HUH?

LOL WHY DON'T YOU TELL ME MORE ABOUT HOW HARD MEN HAVE IT HUH OP???

I saw the light after reading your post.  I guess until I can experience childbirth (which almost always occurs now after an epideral or spinal block is performed, that is comparably less uncomfortable than taking a shit while constipated), I will never understand their plight.

Just wait and see, the feminist movement is going to start attacking women for opting not to get pain killers during childbirth, because having natural child birth as a badge of honor is a partriarchical construct.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:01:30 PM by BubbaCat »

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »
+1
Oh my god instead of empowering herself with a turkey baster she probably let you put your penis in her vajeeeena to make a child. Just like a rapist.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:04 PM »
ted bundy was a nice guy
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »
Oh my god instead of empowering herself with a turkey baster she probably let you put your penis in her vajeeeena to make a child. Just like a rapist.

I got to just that one time for the sole purpose of procreation.  We typically talk about the plight of modern feminists while mutually masturbating while separated by a sheet hung from a clothline between our twin beds.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 05:09:15 PM »
What makes this shit even better is there are zero females in that thread in a male dominated area of employment. I would be surprised if there was any female goon in a dangerous (real danger) profession that posts anywhere.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »
there was that girl who claimed to be bounty hunter was that ever debunked
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 05:22:36 PM »
there was that girl who claimed to be bounty hunter was that ever debunked

Bail enforcement officer?

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2012/09/24/americas-10-most-dangerous-jobs/#photo-1

It's not on da list.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.