;

Author Topic: John Stewart leaves The Daily Show.  (Read 62315 times)

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
John Stewart leaves The Daily Show.
« on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:58 PM »
+10
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic old The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
Re: John Stewart leaves The Daily Show.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:36:44 PM »
+28
"Oh please!  I'm nothing even close to being the "lefts version of Bill O'Reilly".  I'm not even a real journalist!  I'm just a comedian who does "fake news".  Let me assure you that none of my fans take what we do here seriously, as if it is real news.  My fans know I'm just doing a comedy act.  This isn't real journalism.  It's not fair to hold me to the same standards as you would a journalist like Bill O'Reilly.  Bill does political commentary, I just do pure comedy!  We are not even in the same ball park"
 :say:
 :supermegasmug:

Go fuck yourself Jon Stewart.  If you had the balls to just admit what you were, I wouldn't care.  I'd actually probably watch your show now and then even.  You are the left wing  :oreilly: plain and simple.  You aren't smarter than him.  You aren't more honest than him.  You aren't more independent than him.  YOU ARE THE EXACT SAME FUCKING PERSON, DOING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING SHOW.  Crazy partisan news commentary, with a very specific agenda, aimed at a very specific audience.  Admit what you are you dumb faggot and maybe I won't hate you so much.
:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

wimpb

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:39:34 PM »
+11
as jon stewart was very fond of saying "clown nose on, jew nose on"

The Floridian

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:50:07 PM »
+15
lol Colbert leaves Comedy Central not even three months ago and now :stewart: announces he's leaving too? Goons must be suicidal right now.

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:59:41 PM »
+26
I can't wait to see what affirmative action hire they'll bring on to replace him.  Then Comedy Central will wonder why ratings nosedive and then they will just replace the shows with reruns of South Park.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »
+18
Now who else is going to tell liberals what to think so they feel smart?

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

This Badass Self

• Domestic Threat
  • DON'T CAWL ANYBUDDY!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 11:03:52 PM »
+5
lol Colbert leaves Comedy Central not even three months ago and now :stewart: announces he's leaving too? Goons must be suicidal right now.

I guess this ends an era for Comedy Central.

food desert

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
+4
I can't wait to see what affirmative action hire they'll bring on to replace him.  Then Comedy Central will wonder why ratings nosedive and then they will just replace the shows with reruns of South Park.

I'll put down a bet that the daily show will be handed off to their black female correspondent.

Renegade Jew

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 11:09:57 PM »
+1
I was listening to the news this morning and they took a few seconds soundbite  from Jon Stewarts show in which every. single. fucking. line. that he said was followed by a laugh track. it felt so forced

I dont remember watching the Daily Show but that soundbite wont make me miss him for sure

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 11:12:25 PM »
+1
"Oh please!  I'm nothing even close to being the "lefts version of Bill O'Reilly".  I'm not even a real journalist!  I'm just a comedian who does "fake news".  Let me assure you that none of my fans take what we do here seriously, as if it is real news.  My fans know I'm just doing a comedy act.  This isn't real journalism.  It's not fair to hold me to the same standards as you would a journalist like Bill O'Reilly.  Bill does political commentary, I just do pure comedy!  We are not even in the same ball park"

Go fuck yourself Jon Stewart.  If you had the balls to just admit what you were, I wouldn't care.  I'd actually probably watch your show now and then even.  You are the left wing  :oreilly: plain and simple.  You aren't smarter than him.  You aren't more honest than him.  You aren't more independent than him.  YOU ARE THE EXACT SAME FUCKING PERSON, DOING THE EXACT SAME FUCKING SHOW.  Crazy partisan news commentary, with a very specific agenda, aimed at a very specific audience.  Admit what you are you dumb faggot and maybe I won't hate you so much.
Is that an actual quote? If so, cite? I really want that.
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

The Floridian

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:41 PM »
+6
I was listening to the news this morning and they took a few seconds soundbite  from Jon Stewarts show in which every. single. fucking. line. that he said was followed by a laugh track. it felt so forced

I dont remember watching the Daily Show but that soundbite wont make me miss him for sure

I used to watch him occasionally a few years ago until his show basically became nothing but airing soundbites & clips of someone/something with a quick cut back to Stewart rolling his eyes with an audience laugh behind it. It simply became unoriginal as fuck.

Maybe he finally realized this.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 11:52:23 PM »
+6
yeah i used to watch the show like, more than a decade ago and they used to have some funny stuff, but welp once obama got in they turned to shit because suddenly they weren't speaking 'truth to power', they were backing up the man against the opposition and just mouthpieces from the white house

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic old The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:09 AM »
+3

Nah, I paraphrased.   He says shit all the time though.  I guess you can go check out the  :oreilly: :stewart: interview from years ago for a taste.  O'Reilly basically says "oh come on, you have an obvious political agenda here right?  Just admit it!".  The response?

"I'm a comedy show that comes on after a cartoon, and before a show about muppets doing prank calls."  :smug:
:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Bah Jaysus! United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 01:08:33 AM »
+17
Finally, we can see the triumphant return of Craig Kilborn!

Sum Beezy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 01:20:15 AM »
+7
Bring back the Chapelle Show please

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »
+11
John never stopped campaigning for Obama and just turned into another news pundit. He basically gave up being a comedian all together. I stopped watching when I found myself agreeing more with the people he was criticizing and knew some of the things he was saying were factually incorrect. John served his purpose during the Bush era; then decided to continue jerking off his target audience rather than do anything meaningful. If he had updated the material...?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:37:34 AM by The Watcher »
Message me when the next SASS clone gets started

Agent of Aspieonage

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • YOU ARE FAKE BOOZE!
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian old Better dead than red Scrooge Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Took down a Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
+8
This is great news considering Colbert's replacement is a  :smug: negro who is basically just doing a show berating white America and regurgitating the St Trayvon Gentle Giant Brown Black Lives Matter talking points (although he did lay into Cosby a bit).

The difference between his show and Colbert is that libs actually actively watched Colbert, they are just going to say they watch this dreck. They'll youtube the clips that go viral and that'll be about it. It'll never match Colbert's ratings.

Also the fact that he's black means he's beyond criticism of people like Chop Suey, so there's much less of a chance of a controversy providing those useful ratings spikes. And on top of it all, since he's black and its a black show (It was originally called 'The Minority Report' before CC realized that might be too exclusionary for ratings), CC can't cancel him over shit ratings because RACIST!

:madgoon:
At dawn I leave the hut. My woman is happy in her toil. When I return from my daily gathering, I am tired and hungry. There is no food or fire, because she has dragged out her ceremonial betrothal skins, and spent the day weeping because they do not fit. And somehow this is MY fault?! And now her family has come to comfort her. They have been with us since Nord has blown his icy breath. If her brother is not out of our hut by planting time, there will be a clubbing!

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »
+6
bring back Craig Kilbourne

Rape Artist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 01:50:08 PM »
+10

Nah, I paraphrased.   He says shit all the time though.

My favorite example of this is when John Kerry was a guest on the Daily Show during the 2004 presidential campaign. John game him a real dicksucking milquetoast interview with questions like "How are you holding up".

A couple days later Stewart went on Crossfire with Tucker Carlson and got called out for asking Kerry such benign and uninteresting questions. His response was to hide behind "the show that leads into mine is puppets making prank phone calls", after which he immediately changed the subject to accusing the staff of Crossfire as being "partisan hacks", which is exactly what he just demonstrated himself to be by blowing John Kerry for 15 minutes.

If you're a significant enough voice to get a presidential candidate to come onto your show, you don't get to hide behind "I'z just a comic!"

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »
+3
yeah i used to watch the show like, more than a decade ago and they used to have some funny stuff, but welp once obama got in they turned to shit because suddenly they weren't speaking 'truth to power', they were backing up the man against the opposition and just mouthpieces from the white house

IIRC they lost a bunch of their good writers years ago and it became really apparent really quick.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

weirddogtreats

• Domestic Threat
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 02:44:01 PM »
+4
The news bit at the start is just staccato clips of politicians saying ridiculous or hypocritical things sandwiched by Stewart mugging for the camera. 

I always thought the correspondent bits were the funniest part of the show.  Stephen Colbert was by far the best but there were some others.

VFW

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Bury my keyboard at shitposter's knee
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon tfw no gf because jews Anonymous BYOB TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
+1

Was gonna say some quota-filler will be put there, ratings tank, Comedy Central loses millions in bux.

:reagan:

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »
+1

O'Rielly and Stewart are friends IRL. They've regularly done charity events and tours together.

IHaveNoMouthAndIMustSteen

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 03:39:04 PM »
+2
He's going to release some BIG ISSUE™ documentary then run for congress.

Is there any doubt about this? It's like Al Gore and Al Franken had a jewish manbaby.

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 04:45:58 PM »
+7
O'Rielly and Stewart are friends IRL. They've regularly done charity events and tours together.

:adam: and  :stewart: are also good friends.  Jon Stewart IRL probably isn't as liberal as he is on the show but being a faggot for Obama pays the bills.  Like most shows that go on for extended periods of time, it's just easier to phone it in, collect a paycheck, and not rock the boat.