;

Author Topic: John Stewart leaves The Daily Show.  (Read 62488 times)

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: John Stewart leaves The Daily Show.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »
+3
I can't wait to see what affirmative action hire they'll bring on to replace him.  Then Comedy Central will wonder why ratings nosedive and then they will just replace the shows with reruns of South Park.
Every time one of these shows' hosts decides to call it quits, SJWs pounce on it like vultures, trying to insert their preferred race or gender into the position.

It didn't work with the Late or Late Late Show (two whites males are going to replace Letterman and Ferguson), but Comedy Central is more pozzed than CBS.

And it makes any female or minority host immediately suspect because you never know if the company kowtowed to pressure from public interest groups. It's a shame for any funny non-white or female comedians.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 04:51:02 PM »
+5
O'Rielly and Stewart are friends IRL. They've regularly done charity events and tours together.

:adam: and  :stewart: are also good friends.  Jon Stewart IRL probably isn't as liberal as he is on the show but being a faggot for Obama pays the bills.  Like most shows that go on for extended periods of time, it's just easier to phone it in, collect a paycheck, and not rock the boat.
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/09/jon_stewart_cursed_me_out_i_dared_question_a_daily_show_warm_up_comics_racist_jokes/

If this was the Jon Stewart on TV I'd like him more. Basically his warm up comic used offensive humor to get the audience laughing before the show. Some woman didn't like it.

So I raised my hand and asked, “Why does your warm-up comedian use ethnic humor?”

In retrospect, I should have phrased it more accurately: Why does your show use a comedian whose politics and belief system are so clearly at odds with the show’s? Why is this kind of prejudice being associated with “The Daily Show”? But I was nervous; I didn’t rehearse my question beforehand; I felt I had no time to lose. My tone wasn’t combative, only curious. I didn’t see Stewart as a big media producer on a schedule: I saw him as a person who cared, who asked the same kind of questions I believed in asking.

Stewart’s face creased with annoyance. He said, shortly, loudly, glaring at me, “BECAUSE. IT’S. FUCKING. FUNNY.”  The audience erupted into wild applause.
And then she was gangraped, in her mind at least. 

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 05:02:36 PM »
+4
http://www.salon.com/2014/04/09/jon_stewart_cursed_me_out_i_dared_question_a_daily_show_warm_up_comics_racist_jokes/

If this was the Jon Stewart on TV I'd like him more. Basically his warm up comic used offensive humor to get the audience laughing before the show. Some woman didn't like it.

entitlement.txt

Everybody needs to read that article.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2015, 05:56:38 PM »
+6
yeah i used to watch the show like, more than a decade ago and they used to have some funny stuff, but welp once obama got in they turned to shit because suddenly they weren't speaking 'truth to power', they were backing up the man against the opposition and just mouthpieces from the white house

The moment I stopped finding the daily show funny and/or relevant was after the election when he did an Obama impression that was just his Bush impression. That combined with all his Obama fellating in the lead up told me everything I needed to know about the direction of the show.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Hashtag Activist

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »
+3
How much money is MSNBC going to offer him to save their ratings from the tank?  There's no way he stays on the sidelines for long with an election year looming.

cis miss

• Cishet White Male
  • Actual female
  • Awards Texan White Chick
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 08:19:01 PM »
+2
If the new guy doesn't bring back 5 Questions I will continue to not watch comedy central

trigger warning: productivity

• Cishet White Male
  • JIDF
  • popping shekels
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »
+5
I like the Daily Show. The jokes were p bad - even Stewart had this "i know the jokes are bad but bear with me fellas" grin after every badly photoshopped punchline - so I can't fault the guy for the writing staff. I think he pandered to his audience a lot but he never went peak sjw as far as I know, and the guy is very articulate and can hold his own in a discussion without devolving into histrionics so that's 1000% more than I can say for the average internet lib. People on both sides of the political fence say some dumb ass shit so can't blame a nigga for making a living off it :shrug:

I want to personally apologize to every reader who was hurt by the Sausage Party review. I failed you as a senior editor of this website and I failed you as an ally. I am wholly sorry for the pain and anger I caused you. I offer you no justification. I was blinded by my own whiteness existing inside a system of white supremacy. I must do better. I will do better.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic cold, dead hands The Gentry old Boy Scout Californian Better dead than red Scrooge Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 09:58:20 PM »
+3

entitlement.txt

Everybody needs to read that article.

haha fucking liberals will turn on each other so god damn fast, it's amazing to watch.
:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
+2
If the new guy doesn't bring back 5 Questions I will continue to not watch comedy central

Unless it's literally Craig Kilbourne, they can't.

5 questions was his baby and he "took" it with him.  Part of the severance agreement was that he was allowed to take that and they couldn't do it anymore.

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Prince Regent of the Incelibate Cucked Kingdom
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
+5
I like the Daily Show. The jokes were p bad - even Stewart had this "i know the jokes are bad but bear with me fellas" grin after every badly photoshopped punchline - so I can't fault the guy for the writing staff. I think he pandered to his audience a lot but he never went peak sjw as far as I know, and the guy is very articulate and can hold his own in a discussion without devolving into histrionics so that's 1000% more than I can say for the average internet lib. People on both sides of the political fence say some dumb ass shit so can't blame a nigga for making a living off it :shrug:

NO! WRONG! DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR THIS MAN! YOU ARE OBJECTIVELY WRONG AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED FOR NOT SEEING HIM FOR THE LITERAL MONSTER HE LITERALLY IS! I'M LITERALLY SHAKING IN MY JACKBOOTS AT HOW FUCKING STUPID YOU ARE!!!!
 :say:
 :madgoon:

The Floridian

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
+25
South Park outlives both Colbert & Stewart.  :reagan:

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »
+14
The sad thing about Stewart to me is that he's just a fucking sellout.  I get the impression from interviews with him that he's actually well spoken and fairly reasonable.  He's likely nowhere near as left as he portrays himself on the Daily Show.

When he took over for Kilbourne though, I guess he felt a need to distance himself.  Kilbourne had just spent years making dick jokes about Big Willy, but Stewart had the age of internet and outrage on his side.  The Daily Show always had a demo of younger viewers, and that's gold for $$$.  So they continually spouted their RETHUGLICANS ARE CATEGORICALLY EVIL schlock so long as the college-minded retards kept lapping it up.

They became a victim of their own success though, and I think Stewart got tired of it over the years.  The first few weeks after king nigger won the election the audience booed him every time he tried to make an Obama joke.  I'm sure the Comedy Central execs told him to not tip the apple cart over and let the good little liberals have their hive mind show.

You know, one thing I always loved about the daily show is that it always exposed those smug assholes.  The ones who will tell you that they love getting their news from "various" sources and they consider all opinions...
....but they just are talking about the daily show repeating their preconceptions back to them.

Strategically placed watermelon

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 11:09:10 PM »
+8
You know, one thing I always loved about the daily show is that it always exposed those smug assholes.  The ones who will tell you that they love getting their news from "various" sources and they consider all opinions...
....but they just are talking about the daily show repeating their preconceptions back to them.

Every single dude I personally know who does the pre-canned "faux news  :smug:  :allears: " jokes, every single one, regurgitate all of their opinions from the Daily Show/Colbert and will freely give up that information when you press them on it because they're proud of it because if you look here, the Daily Show is actually more fact checked than Fox  :smug: :smug: :smug:
There is no "knee jerk reaction". You're a fucking idiot. Personally, I find Jews annoying and kind of gross. But the whole pseudoscience/historical revisionism thing is retarded as shit. I know you assume I must love jews, but you know what? I don't really give a shit about jews one way or another. Look at my posts retard. You say I'm defending Jews. But I'm not. I'm not posting about how great they are, how much I love them, how they should be accepted, or any of that. I never have Not once. I'm taking exception with retarded claims that are easily debunked and/or never backed up. I am objecting to the retarded "logic". But every time I do, someone jumps uo and assumes that I looooooove jews. Now, THAT'S a knee-jerk reaction. Pull your head out of your ass faggot.

There is a mountain of irrefutable, reviewed and supported statistical evidence that shows without a doubt that niggers are fucking terrible. As for Jews, there's just a lot of unsupported pseudoscientific bullshit. If you don't see how that is different, you are stupid as fuck.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 11:42:54 PM »
+6

Every single dude I personally know who does the pre-canned "faux news  :smug:  :allears: " jokes, every single one, regurgitate all of their opinions from the Daily Show/Colbert and will freely give up that information when you press them on it because they're proud of it because if you look here, the Daily Show is actually more fact checked than Fox  :smug: :smug: :smug:

This is probably what I find to be most irritating about liberal males and it's the most pathetic shit ever.  Does the left ever get tired of their hive mind mentality where they think they're all cool, counterculture, and a rebel/subversive for watching the Daily Show / reading Gawker when everyone else of their ilk is fucking doing it? 

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Juniper1

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 01:58:14 AM »
+11
Those same people automatically think of "mainstream American culture" as essentially always being defined by southern redneck stereotypes. Even on issues like gay marriage, it's still talked about in a lot of liberal circles as though a majority of Americans are outraged at the concept. While at the same time celebrating how much they're winning, and have been winning for like 8 years.

I honestly think they don't realize they're doing it.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »
+5
Humans have this fundamental need to feel like they are special/better than everyone else.  That's what drives 95% of that attitude.  "Just plain smarter", etc.

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »
+7
Those same people automatically think of "mainstream American culture" as essentially always being defined by southern redneck stereotypes. Even on issues like gay marriage, it's still talked about in a lot of liberal circles as though a majority of Americans are outraged at the concept. While at the same time celebrating how much they're winning, and have been winning for like 8 years.

Gay marriage, abortion and pot. That's all that exists to them because it's all they have. They can't run on a "pro-gimmedats" platform. They can't argue in favor of larger government. They can't argue for stricter laws and regulations, higher taxes, trans-rights, etc. Nobody wants any of that, not even members of their own party. They have nothing popular aside from gay marriage, abortion and pot. Oh and racism.

Every republican I've ever known has had the opinion of "Let them do whatever the fuck they want as long as they don't force religious establishments to accept it. SMALLER GOVERNMENT! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DON'T TREAD ON ME!" which is exactly how it should be.

Everyone is in favor of gay marriage, abortion and pot but liberals love to reiterate the fact that they did it first.

I can't wait until gay marriage, abortion and pot happen because after that, there's no reason to be a liberal.

Nobody is gonna stick around listening to the dickless man on a megaphone yelling "Come on everyone! Where you all going? Now that we have what we want, it's time to start taking things away from others and giving it to other others!"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:19:17 PM by blasting_asshole »

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Ave Maria
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »
+6
I can't wait until gay marriage, abortion and pot happen because after that, there's no reason to be a liberal.
There's still the matter of that pesky second amendment.

888 Didnt Clear Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »
+3

Gay marriage, abortion and pot. That's all that exists to them because it's all they have. They can't run on a "pro-gimmedats" platform. They can't argue in favor of larger government. They can't argue for stricter laws and regulations, higher taxes, trans-rights, etc. Nobody wants any of that, not even members of their own party. They have nothing popular aside from gay marriage, abortion and pot. Oh and racism.

Every republican I've ever known has had the opinion of "Let them do whatever the fuck they want as long as they don't force religious establishments to accept it. SMALLER GOVERNMENT! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! DON'T TREAD ON ME!" which is exactly how it should be.

Everyone is in favor of gay marriage, abortion and pot but liberals love to reiterate the fact that they did it first.

Nobody is gonna stick around listening to the dickless man on a megaphone yelling "Come on everyone! Where you all going? Now that we have what we want, it's time to start taking things away from others and giving it to other others!"
There'll always be some fucking "oppressed group" that liberals with bitch and moan about. 

marlon perkins

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
+2

There'll always be some fucking "oppressed group" that liberals with bitch and moan about.

Yeah; I was gonna say.  The pro- pot, gay marriage, and abortion crowd of 2015 will be the pro- Trans* clergy and daycare restrooms of 2030.
"In the end, I believe that prosperity allows more room for people to bellyache.
, Sterling G Mace"

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
+8
I can't wait to see which minority hire gets the time slot for another half hour of #MuhBlackLives joined by a rotating panel of unfunny comediennes

Thanks to the Daily Show and Colbert for providing a stage for up-and-coming comedians whose whole act is "RACE! RAAACE!" to crash and burn, second only to SNL

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »
+3
Wonder how goons are handling all this...

Quote from: kaworu
To be honest, I have to say it feels kind of... appropriate that Jon Stewart is leaving, in a way? It's the end of a generational, sure, but... generational eras end

I'm turning 30 this year - was born at the end of May in 1985, which when I think is smack-dab right in the dead-center of the '80s - I probably (incorrectly) assume that most people here are roughly the same age as me, when probably there's a lot of people who are a good bit younger than that. But anyway, it felt like the time when we really needed Stewart and Colbert has, to some degree, passed quite some time ago. Which isn't to say they've been irrelevant (though I have paid less and less attention to them over the last 5 years or so) but more that I think Stewart understands that he has already been supplanted by younger voices, to some degree.

I mean... I remember back especially from, say, 2001 through 2005 or so, you really needed The Daily Show with Jon Stewart because there simply wasn't anything else even remotely resembling it on television, except maybe Politically Incorrect which was still something else entirely and always inconsistent. But cable news was gaining huge amounts of popularity and what the news *was* was changing really rapidly, and the climate of world politics was changing rapidly, and between the debacle that was the 2000 election and then the unreality of 9/11 and the use of it as a pretext for war, it just felt like the world was rapidly going insane and the entire news media was just watching like stunned sheep and rather than reporting the news it seemed that all that was going on was the news was being literally relayed by government officials with the most superficial and lazy debate ever. It was honestly quite a scary period of time, to be frank.

And at the time The Daily Show was this little half hour of sanity in the midst of all this madness, where there were actually sane, smart people who saw what was going on and saw that not only was it prime material to be mercilessly mocked, but that someone had to be something of a whistleblower and call these people on their lack of accountability, which is what Stewart/Colbert really did initially. And there was also a *really* special, talented group of people that were on the show from roughly 01-05. Not to disparage later correspondents that have been fantastic, but they had a pretty amazing lineup at the time. Let me see it, it was Colbert, Corell, Rob Corddry for a while, Ed Helms, and Sam Bee of course. Colbert going to his own show was an improvement and perfect and it felt like it had been that way forever once they started, but it still worked even when Colbert was a correspondent because he was practically the co-host for the last few years there.

I do wonder how much Colbert leaving influenced Stewart's decision; it seems like there must be some cause and effect there, like it wasn't quite the same after or it felt like some sort of urgency was lost. The two of them have always been so yin/yang.

What about the search for a replacement?  Spoiler alert: goons are all huge racists.

Quote from: Pillowpants
The daily Show with Neil Degrasse Tyson

Quote from: hcreight
Fun speculation time: I kind of wonder if CC has known Stewart was ready to step down for a while now, and whether they changed the name of Wilmore's show from The Minority Report to The Nightly Show because they're looking at Jessica Williams as the new TDS host.

Nah, just kidding, gonna be another white guy.

Quote from: MrBuddyLee
I wonder if Aisha Tyler could hack it.

[Aisha is not] likeable and funny, which is kind of essential for a late night host.

Quote from: FactsAreUseless
I also find powerful black women threatening.

Quote from: Y-Hat
I'm gung-ho on Aisha Tyler taking over. She's smart, funny, has hosted a talk show on CBS (which is also owned by Viacom), and- as much as this drum has been beaten on this corner of the internet, it still counts for something- she's not a white guy. I don't know if she has the eye for comedic talent that Jon has, but I feel she'd have great chemistry with the correspondents.

IMO she should have taken over for Craig Ferguson, but what's done is done and now we have some British guy that nobody in America knows.

Quote from: Generic American
Though I'm loathe to suggest it, since I really want the Daily Show to avoid sticking too close to the formula... If they were really keen on aping Jon's "White Guy Straight-Man reads the news to sillier people" schtick untouched, I personally think John Fugelsang would be a good choice

Quote from: RedneckwithGuns
Oh man reddit lost its collective mind about this possibility. It's been so entertaining watching just how many old white male comedians they can pull out of a hat they say would do a better job than Williams. At the very least I did see a suggestion for Mandvi to get the spot too and I would agree with it.

Also, lol at this goon for turning on the black guy because he told an off-color joke.

Quote from: ultramiraculous
Fuck, I mean Larry's jokes/candid opinions are proving to be pretty regressive. This show is just not happening for me.

Agent of Aspieonage

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Alconauts
  • YOU ARE FAKE BOOZE!
  • Awards Deplorables Better dead than red old United Statesian Scrooge Deutscher Drinkin' and Postin' Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. Took down a Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »
+4
This is toates a win-win for us. Either CC errs on the money side and hires a white male, in which case  :smug: right now

OR

They do a minority hire and the ratings fucking tank after the novelty is gone, and they'll 'retool' the show or straight "Chocolate News" cancel it, in which case  :smug: later
At dawn I leave the hut. My woman is happy in her toil. When I return from my daily gathering, I am tired and hungry. There is no food or fire, because she has dragged out her ceremonial betrothal skins, and spent the day weeping because they do not fit. And somehow this is MY fault?! And now her family has come to comfort her. They have been with us since Nord has blown his icy breath. If her brother is not out of our hut by planting time, there will be a clubbing!

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Autistic cold, dead hands The Gentry old Boy Scout Californian Better dead than red Scrooge Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 09:33:04 PM »
+7
100% chance they are going to try and shoehorn in a magical negro host to appease white guilt shit-libs.

100%
:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic United Statesian You can't know! Futurist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »
+3
They already did that with Colbert's replacement.

My money is on a white woman.  However, The Daily Show is very important to the heebs at Comedy Central so this time they may buck the SJW outrage and fill the role with the most qualified person aka a white cis male.