;

Author Topic: 888 Social Justice Struggles Against The Video Game Patriarchy  (Read 70243 times)

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
However the one thing that's still a pain in the ass are non-fan based cooling systems.

That and thermal paste. The paste consistency can differ by brand and what can be considered too much by one brand is not enough for another. And not only tht there's chinese knockoff brands which isn't even 100% thermal paste, it's mostly other materials.
Those are strictly enthusiast options. Normal people who don't overclock their chips need nothing more than the stock fan cooler, which comes with preapplied paste.

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
To be fair graphics cards used to be considered enthusiast equipment before things got easier. :colbert:

Places like Microcenter tend to have pretty good deals as far as assembled PCs go, fairly good prices for what you're getting too. I bought one machine that was around 300, had a massive cooling fan and PSU, and one of the(at the time) later i7's, and later on I switched out the Nvidia card for a higher performance one. Granted it came with no monitor but that was no dealbreaker since I still have several monitors which are extras.

Soup Her Pooper

• Cishet White Male
  • Non-shitposts: 0
    • Awards
Videogame a much like cartoons, cereal, and hamburgers are degenerate
rofl I have a sig

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Back in my day I had to learn how to set the jumpers for CPU speed by hand!

:shakes fist at cloud:

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Eat a bowl of dicks, Sparky.
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge cold, dead hands The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist
    • Awards
 :sjw:
Fuck signatures.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
You'd think fags obsessed with SELF EXPRESSION would be creaming all over themselves to build custom built gaming rigs and go to town on case mods.

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge cold, dead hands The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist
    • Awards
You'd think fags obsessed with SELF EXPRESSION would be creaming all over themselves to build custom built gaming rigs and go to town on case mods.

That involves real work, like with an airbrush and Dremel tool, just for the simple shit. Creativity involves more mechanical, electrical, and electronic aptitude.
Fuck signatures.

Wu-Tang Tran

• Unperson
  • Spacekat Killah
    • Awards

That involves real work, like with an airbrush and Dremel tool, just for the simple shit. Creativity involves more mechanical, electrical, and electronic aptitude.

My last actual gaming PC I went all in ane watercooled and customized the shit out of it. It took easily a couple weeks of off and on planning, probably upwards of 30 hours labor in sleeving cables with custom colors and routing and hoses, and leak testing. 

If I had put all those skills into doing car stuff, chicks would have actually cared. 
Tweet from the front, start a witch hunt.
Bitches on the left, nag shit to death.
Virgins on the right, fuck your fleshlights.
Tumblrs in the back, lyin bout their facts for what

HondaRider271

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Texan cold, dead hands Prepper Libertarian Wounded in the line of posting. 420
    • Awards

If I had put all those skills into doing car stuff, chicks would have actually cared.
That's a myth. The only people you attract by having car skills is other car guys.
Quote from: Ozma
You are doing a good job, don't take a little thing like this too seriously. There are always little drama flareups in forums!
I don't want people thinking that lobbying a bunch will get you ousted (because that's really ridiculous and I don't play that way!)...
And again, seriously, do not worry about this.
Quote from: Rachael Emma Gilbert
You did a good job for your forum and are a legitimately nice guy

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
There's a new short sighted faggot movement on the rise that's in the same vein of those who gave up Television. You now have people declaring independency from computers because the only thing they need in their life is a smart phone.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
There's a new short sighted faggot movement on the rise that's in the same vein of those who gave up Television. You now have people declaring independency from computers because the only thing they need in their life is a smart phone.

I am beyond the petty needs of a computer now that I possess a hand held computer. :goonpipe:

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
My last actual gaming PC I went all in ane watercooled and customized the shit out of it. It took easily a couple weeks of off and on planning, probably upwards of 30 hours labor in sleeving cables with custom colors and routing and hoses, and leak testing. 

Overclocking and watercooling? HERESY!

I was thinking more along the lines of these:

http://www.toxel.com/tech/2009/04/09/20-unusual-and-creative-pc-case-mods/
Fuck signatures.

Wu-Tang Tran

• Unperson
  • Spacekat Killah
    • Awards

Overclocking and watercooling? HERESY!

I was thinking more along the lines of these:

http://www.toxel.com/tech/2009/04/09/20-unusual-and-creative-pc-case-mods/

Holy fuck those are awesome.  Gotta be tough managing the temperature levels of your important components  but damn they look good. 
Tweet from the front, start a witch hunt.
Bitches on the left, nag shit to death.
Virgins on the right, fuck your fleshlights.
Tumblrs in the back, lyin bout their facts for what

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian 420 Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous
    • Awards
I've put so many fans in my rig it sounds like a jet engine warming up.  It's getting a bit long in the tooth (Built in 2012) so upgrading or building a new computer is a low pri item for me next year.

I can understand having no need for nothing more than a laptop and a smart phone, but living just with a smartphone sounds awful.

I just wanted to live a normal life.  Have a wife and kids, be a father.  But then my other side tells me that I want to get breast and butt implants and get a job working as a plus size model for Victoria's Secret.

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Paedofinder General
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
I buy a new mid-high end laptop every couple years. This MSI has a GTX 765m and handles 90% of the games I want to play on it, and it's like 2.5 years old.

Dave Hedgehog

• Cishet White Male
  • Knights
  • Sit upon thy spiky steed for glorious crusade!
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon old Swear on me mum m8
    • Awards
The motherboard and processor on my desktop are around 6 years old (i7 something), but the card is a 980 and I have no problem running most things on high/ultra.
I need to get around to switching out the 6 hard drives I have in there for some larger cap ones and a SSD as there's a big bottleneck there...

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
I stopped buying laptops after witnessing multiple laptops burst into flames from super geniuses trying to render animated sequences in maya/max.

And in one act of divine stupidity, someone tried to render a huge sequence on their ipad. They spent time going thru the backdoor of the ipad and getting maya to run, and it wound up turning the ipad into a griddle due to how hot it got before it died.

Soup Her Pooper

• Cishet White Male
  • Non-shitposts: 0
    • Awards
I stopped buying laptops after witnessing multiple laptops burst into flames from super geniuses trying to render animated sequences in maya/max.

And in one act of divine stupidity, someone tried to render a huge sequence on their ipad. They spent time going thru the backdoor of the ipad and getting maya to run, and it wound up turning the ipad into a griddle due to how hot it got before it died.

Would have been rad to toss an egg on it
rofl I have a sig

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards

There was an article on Ars Technica a few years ago who used a Galaxy Note for a year with no PC. It was doable, but absolutely awful as you could imagine. The only people who don't need a PC in that case are people who never really used a computer in the first place.

I've put so many fans in my rig it sounds like a jet engine warming up.  It's getting a bit long in the tooth (Built in 2012) so upgrading or building a new computer is a low pri item for me next year.

I can understand having no need for nothing more than a laptop and a smart phone, but living just with a smartphone sounds awful.

Yeah, I've got a first gen i5 (i5 760) and a cheap AMD 270X. I really need to do an upgrade, as the entire thing is six years old and I haven't touched it except for adding a bit of RAM and a videocard.

Triggered by Pepe

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
I tend to just sell my rig to anyone trying to get into PC gaming on the cheap every few years and put the cash towards a new one. Most of the time it only costs me an extra few hundred and having an extra guy around who can play helldivers with at a moments notice is worth it.

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards
I tend to just sell my rig to anyone trying to get into PC gaming on the cheap every few years and put the cash towards a new one. Most of the time it only costs me an extra few hundred and having an extra guy around who can play helldivers with at a moments notice is worth it.

That's a good idea. My budget is pretty high as I want a high end PC. I've never had one before. Its going to be pretty costly, but I factored in money for a monitor, as having all that hardware without a good monitor is pointless.

LawnGnome

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards

That's a good idea. My budget is pretty high as I want a high end PC. I've never had one before. Its going to be pretty costly, but I factored in money for a monitor, as having all that hardware without a good monitor is pointless.

I'm in the same position. Used to be I bought a Thinkpad decked out and was good for 3-4 years. This last one I got in 2010 and it's still going strong, plays everything I want (I'm not a power gamer, admittedly), but my next one is going to be a badass desktop. I haven't had one for 12 years and it's stupid easy and fun to build a powerhouse these days.

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards

I'm in the same position. Used to be I bought a Thinkpad decked out and was good for 3-4 years. This last one I got in 2010 and it's still going strong, plays everything I want (I'm not a power gamer, admittedly), but my next one is going to be a badass desktop. I haven't had one for 12 years and it's stupid easy and fun to build a powerhouse these days.

This thing was at the top of reddit today. It was made with no modding work other than some gold spray paint: https://imgur.com/a/IUMK1

It's weird, normally you drool over stuff like supercars you'd never be able to afford. According to the owner the above cost him under $3000 - I could absolutely afford that on a whim if I wanted, yet I'm not even considering it.

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards

This thing was at the top of reddit today. It was made with no modding work other than some gold spray paint: https://imgur.com/a/IUMK1

It's weird, normally you drool over stuff like supercars you'd never be able to afford. According to the owner the above cost him under $3000 - I could absolutely afford that on a whim if I wanted, yet I'm not even considering it.

Yeah, that's the thing. High-end PCs nowadays are like 1.7k to 2k. It really isn't that much for something that could last you half a decade. There's just not a real reason to do so unless you game or do heavy photo/video editing. I do photo editing, game and use it for research, so it makes sense for me to get a high-end PC.

It really is simple (no matter what that retard on Vice says). Also, this is amazing:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH592gCBRTn/

URANIUM CURES HIPPIES

• Enemy Of The State
  • Alconauts
  • Awards Deplorables On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa You can't know! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
I hate to interrupt the custom PC chat but have a fresh take on Pokemon GO