;

Author Topic: "Freemen" are insane.  (Read 7169 times)

Monostats Infected Scrotum

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards old Deplorables United Statesian Scrooge Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
Re: "Freemen" are insane.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »
I've read about these "freeman" dipshits, and the only reason I'm not using the facepalm emote is because I'd probably crash the forum due to how many I need to sum up their utter stupidity.

Instead, read the below link, which explains in detail their epic level of stupid:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman-on-the-land
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Arizona TNE Veteran Classicist Ave Maria Fascist Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Prepper cold, dead hands The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
+1
I've read about these "freeman" dipshits, and the only reason I'm not using the facepalm emote is because I'd probably crash the forum due to how many I need to sum up their utter stupidity.

Instead, read the below link, which explains in detail their epic level of stupid:

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman-on-the-land

"Rational"wiki though.  Sheriffs as "pseudolaw". :allears:

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Swear on me mum m8 Fascist Commie Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2013, 08:30:53 PM »
Linked on wikipedia, an amusing court document:

http://canlii.ca/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

freak puke

• Unperson
  • Awards old Faggot Autistic
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Linked from the page for Freemen on the land:

Quote from: Wikipedia
Some tax protesters (and occasionally persons brought before courts[5]) have argued that because the titles of court cases identify the parties in all capital letters, the persons thus identified are "fictitious entities". In other words, a court hearing a case titled "STATE v. JOHN Q. SMITH" has no authority over the defendant, "John Q. Smith" because the capitalization of the name means the court is addressing a person who does not exist. Such an argument was made by Eddie Ray Kahn, a co-defendant of Wesley Snipes in the latter's high-profile tax evasion case. Kahn "made several missteps and peculiar motions. For example, he sought to be immediately freed because the indictment lists his name in all capital letters, and he claimed U.S. attorneys have no jurisdiction because Florida supposedly was never ceded to the federal government". The court denied these motions.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_conspiracy_arguments#.22Capital_letters.22_argument
I have wrestled with the nigger demon in a number of ways.

For people who consider themselves feminists they have even more rules for how a woman should think and act than the fucking Taliban.

https://radishmag.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/pump-and-dump/

Merrypfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Texan cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 11:12:24 PM »

And troons aren't? Do go on.

:adam:

I suppose I should rephrase that: troons are trying to masquerade as normal and failing on a grand scale, while the freemen types could conceivably just keep their mouths shut and blend in (but rarely do). I'm repelled by troons and feel like they don't belong in my society, but it's hard for a homely "woman" with a 5 o'clock shadow and a chip on xir shoulder about everything to avoid scrutiny. The Dale Gribble taser guy could stop babbling about not being a person and might not get a second look.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
Here's the Third Circuit opinon: http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/114553p.pdf

Cert was denied by the SCOTUS.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

A Catfight of Feminists

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
What are Freemen?  Are these the goons that are like "I didn't sign the social contract, thus I'm not a part of your society.  I may live in the USA but I don't consider myself a citizen and thus I am exempt from all taxes and laws."
http://youtu.be/2F_pY47hE5U

Hogbox

• Unperson
  • Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
To be fair, Libertarians have a lot in common with Freemen.

Freeman have just taken certain ideas a few steps further and have developed enough stupid/crazy to believe that they can defeat the evil, illegitimate government if they just speak the correct magic words.
"No way. We’re going to keep winning. We’re never going to lose. We’re never, ever going to lose."

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 08:22:26 AM »
To be fair, Libertarians have a lot in common with Freemen.

Freeman have just taken certain ideas a few steps further and have developed enough stupid/crazy to believe that they can defeat the evil, illegitimate government if they just speak the correct magic words.
You got Freemen right but Libertarians way wrong.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Better dead than red Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 10:25:30 AM »
+1
yeah libertarians and freemen have pretty much nothing in common, but lurker with 6 posts so I'm guessing the goon is strong in this one :adam:

castratedabomination

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 11:43:28 AM »
+4
libertarians and freemen have tons in common are you kidding

brolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
+4
Fat, fedora wearing retards on the internet that call themselves libertarians probably aren't actually any kind of libertarian.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 12:58:50 PM »
+5
yeah libertarians and freemen have pretty much nothing in common, but lurker with 6 posts so I'm guessing the goon is strong in this one :adam:

I wouldn't say nothing in common. If libertarians are feminists saying "Women should have ready access to inexpensive abortions", then FREEMEN ON THE LAND are the trannies screaming about how its bigoted for lesbians to not let them fuck them with their lady cocks, not all women have vaginas, and any penetrative sex that involves a male penis and not a female penis is rape.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Hogbox

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »
+1
Some dubious ideas which seem common in Libertarianism have been taken to absurd extremes by the Freemen - most of all that government is fundamentally illegitimate, and that they can opt out of it if they choose. I think the 'legal strawman' Fremen go on about has strong links to the whackier theories about the federal reserve.

I'm almost certainly going to run into the same problem as discussing other -isms. Anything I think of as characteristic of Libertarianism may not endorsed by an individual Libertarian. Or I could be flat wrong.

Government and authority should have to continually justify their power. That the state doesn't necessarily take precedence over the individual or have his best interests at heart are central principles in English-derived law (granted, they're being removed at varying speeds, depending on your location). But claiming that the state is illegitimate (wherever you are) seems a bit like claiming that gender is a construct; it may work inside your head, but if that belief collides with reality, reality is not going to change.

If Libertarianism is broadly opposed to government and taxation in principle and/or practice, or proposes a time when those things are going to be eliminated or cut back to the individual's liking, it seems like an armchair philosophy.

Reducing Libertarianism to 'Anarchism for people with property and jobs' would be clumsy, but it has the same never-gonna-happen feel to it. Not dissimilar to how the commies (more accurately, students in the west who adopted communism for a few seasons) dreamed that the state would wither away once all those proles and peasants were Educated and rationally treated each other fairly forever.

Seriously, have any nation-states in history ever actually been run according to Libertarian principles? Avoiding zany suggestions like Russia under Yeltsin, Thailand, Somalia, etc., are there any?
"No way. We’re going to keep winning. We’re never going to lose. We’re never, ever going to lose."

Merrypfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Texan cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »
Aren't you conflating internet libertarianism with anarchy a little bit? The Randbot stereotype isn't the same thing as the libertarian who favors constitutionally limited government. Freemen are more like the former - the ones that want to just go inna woods with their sovereign citizen buddies to form the core of the Free Republic of Carl's militia or whatever.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

wimpb

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2014, 03:09:33 AM »
anarcho capitalism 4 lyfe

wimpb

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2014, 03:10:16 AM »
Seriously, have any nation-states in history ever actually been run according to Libertarian principles? Avoiding zany suggestions like Russia under Yeltsin, Thailand, Somalia, etc., are there any?

lol at post soviet russia and post communist somalia being called libertarian utopias

Hogbox

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »
+1
Aren't you conflating internet libertarianism with anarchy a little bit? The Randbot stereotype isn't the same thing as the libertarian who favors constitutionally limited government. Freemen are more like the former - the ones that want to just go inna woods with their sovereign citizen buddies to form the core of the Free Republic of Carl's militia or whatever.

I was taking care not to place all Libertarians at the lunatic end of the spectrum. But one part of the Libertarian rainbow does contain arachnid-capitalist randbots, even if they're cunts.

Internet/fedora/dipshit Libertarians do share some shakier ideas with Freemanism - heroic individuals with god-given platonic freedom, constrained by a society they never signed up for, etc. Fremen have just added magical thinking, upped the cult factor, and usually have a shitload of debt they'd like to get out of.

You seem to agree that the two overlap or have a fair bit in common, which was all I was saying above.

Whether the overlapping beliefs are core Libertarian values might depend on whether you (or your idea of real Libertarians) think that government is fundamentally illegitimate, or that it needs to be heavily checked and regulated.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:58:17 PM by Hogbox »

Hogbox

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2014, 06:07:56 PM »
+2

lol at post soviet russia and post communist somalia being called libertarian utopias

How did you read utopia into of that short list of fucked up countries I mentioned?

I was just trying to think of countries that were laissez-faire as fuck. The fact that they tend to be shitholes was kind of the point.

Seriously though, are there any functioning countries that are or were run according to Libertarian principles?

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Autistic old The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2014, 06:43:37 PM »
+1
Let me defend Somalia for a second.

Somalia is a shithole.  This is true.  But that's when you compare it to normal western nations.  If you compare present day, no government, anarchy Somalia with its neighbors, or better yet with ITSELF from like 10 years ago, it starts looking a whole lot better.

Honestly, pick any statistic you want?  Literacy rate, life expectancy, infant mortality, access to clean water, whatever.  Everything is better now than it was when they had "an official government".  That doesn't mean its good, it still sucks total ass, but under the anarchy boogyman, they have actually seen a slight improvement in just about everything.

I'm not arguing in favor of anarchy or anything, but when goons try and paint it as like the worst possible society one could ever live in, they are just being silly. 

:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

The Floridian

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2014, 06:51:22 PM »

I was taking care not to place all Libertarians at the lunatic end of the spectrum. But one part of the Libertarian rainbow does contain arachnid-capitalist randbots, even if they're cunts.

Internet/fedora/dipshit Libertarians do share some shakier ideas with Freemanism - heroic individuals with god give\n platonic freedom and are constrained by a society they never signed up for, etc. Fremen have just added magical thinking, upped the cult factor, and usually have a shitload of debt they'd like to get out of.

You seem to agree that the two overlap or have a fair bit in common, which was all I was saying above.

Whether the overlapping beliefs are core Libertarian values might depend on whether you (or your idea of real Libertarians) think that government is fundamentally illegitimate, or that it needs to be heavily checked and regulated.

Anyone who uses the word "fedora" (like you) either on the internet or IRL in a derogatory way should do the world a favor and fucking kill themselves.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:55:57 PM by Florida STD »

Hogbox

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
+1
Fucksake, I was referring to Polonium's idea of fake Libertarians being fedora wearers.

Didn't mean to trigger you.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2014, 07:11:43 PM »
+5
Damn, Flo, don't get your fedora in a twist.

Transaction

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »
+1
We have Freemen in our country, but they're usually indigenous Maori who claim that they're not party to the Treaty signed between the British Crown and the Maori ruling Chiefs in 1840 and therefore not obligated to follow laws and regulations established by the Government of New Zealand.

They're regarded as a lunatic fringe. Most of the people here understand and accept the concept of the social contract.
"...one of the most unpleasant people we had the displeasure of meeting"

--Kiwi Ghost Chips

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."

--Hebrews 12:12