;

Author Topic: "Freemen" are insane.  (Read 7134 times)

Hogbox

• Unperson
  • Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
    • Awards
Re: "Freemen" are insane.
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
+1
Australian aborigines too. The Maori may have a point, and the aborigines have an even better one, since they got fucked over even by the standards of 1788.

Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up first.
"No way. We’re going to keep winning. We’re never going to lose. We’re never, ever going to lose."

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Autistic old The Gentry cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Scrooge Better dead than red Californian Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
+1
Honestly none of these theory's matter at all even if they happen to be "technically correct".  At the end of the day all that matters is what the people with the monopoly on violence have to say.  That's it.  Nothing else matters.

I mean that is the basic definition of "government" when you break it down, isn't it?  Government is pretty much defined as "whomever currently has the monopoly on violence in a given area".  How the fuck are you going to have lib-topia, government-free anarchy when you define government this way?  Sure you might not have a government today, or the "government" might change on a weekly basis like in Somalia, but sooner or later a government will form.  Someone will fill that violence power vacuum. 

"This government is illegitimate because they didn't fill out the proper documents 200 years ago!!".    Ok, so fucking what?  Even if you are totally correct, unless you can challenge their monopoly on violence it doesn't fucking matter.  Shut up about it.

:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

wimpb

« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
Seriously, have any nation-states in history ever actually been run according to Libertarian principles? Avoiding zany suggestions like Russia under Yeltsin, Thailand, Somalia, etc., are there any?

lol at post soviet russia and post communist somalia being called libertarian utopias

How did you read utopia into of that short list of fucked up countries I mentioned?

I was just trying to think of countries that were laissez-faire as fuck. The fact that they tend to be shitholes was kind of the point.

Seriously though, are there any functioning countries that are or were run according to Libertarian principles?

the idea that they are/were laissez faire is the ridiculous thing bro. at any rate their shitholiness was probably because they were run by communists immediately prior to becoming free

LOOK, IT DOESNT WORK, THEY GOT RID OF THEIR GOVERNMENT BUT PEOPLE STILL DRINK THEMSELVES TO DEATH AND SMASH LADAS INTO DRAINAGE DITCHES

Nig Disliker

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »
+2
Freemen subscribe to the 80s-90s era libertarianism, which is different than modern fedora-era libertarianism.

weirddogtreats

• Domestic Threat
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:20 PM »
Freemen subscribe to the 80s-90s era libertarianism, which is different than modern fedora-era libertarianism.

Be careful, some people don't take too kindly to use of the F-word around here.

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Swear on me mum m8 Fascist Goon or Ex-Goon Commie
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2014, 12:11:04 AM »
+5
Let me defend Somalia for a second.

Somalia is a shithole.  This is true.  But that's when you compare it to normal western nations.  If you compare present day, no government, anarchy Somalia with its neighbors, or better yet with ITSELF from like 10 years ago, it starts looking a whole lot better.

Honestly, pick any statistic you want?  Literacy rate, life expectancy, infant mortality, access to clean water, whatever.  Everything is better now than it was when they had "an official government".  That doesn't mean its good, it still sucks total ass, but under the anarchy boogyman, they have actually seen a slight improvement in just about everything.

I'm not arguing in favor of anarchy or anything, but when goons try and paint it as like the worst possible society one could ever live in, they are just being silly.

Let me tell you about this thing called the Soviet Union and the massive progress it made, somethingsensitive will love it!

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Classicist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Rethuglikkkan United Statesian Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2014, 02:55:24 PM »
+1
95% of the people who are called "Libertarians" today are really just conservatives. A lot of people who call themselves conservative have no problem with an extension and expansion of the government, as long as it's the pet causes they cherish (programs like the Patriot Act, for example) and while they certainly tend to be socially conservative, it doesn't really apply so well when it comes to their fiscal sensibilities.

People called 'libertarian' today, or with libertarian-leanings, tend to be the fiscally conservative and really attached to the Constitution. Basically they believe that a government needs to be there only to take care of certain needs and the population knows better how to take care of the rest, it's only a matter of degrees regarding how they should be involved. A lot of people who talk about state rights are also libertarian, etc...

The 5% left tend to be the idiots who believe that shit like the police should be privatized etc.... but there are fringe people in every movement and that shit will not happen ever.

I mean honestly if you cut 60% of the federal government budget today, you'd be back to 1995 levels. That's fucking insane and the country needs to elect fiscally conservative, libertarian-leaning people to at least stop the hemorrhaging before the whole fucking thing collapses

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
+4
95% of the people who are called "Libertarians" today are really just conservatives. A lot of people who call themselves conservative have no problem with an extension and expansion of the government, as long as it's the pet causes they cherish (programs like the Patriot Act, for example) and while they certainly tend to be socially conservative, it doesn't really apply so well when it comes to their fiscal sensibilities.

People called 'libertarian' today, or with libertarian-leanings, tend to be the fiscally conservative and really attached to the Constitution. Basically they believe that a government needs to be there only to take care of certain needs and the population knows better how to take care of the rest, it's only a matter of degrees regarding how they should be involved. A lot of people who talk about state rights are also libertarian, etc...

The 5% left tend to be the idiots who believe that shit like the police should be privatized etc.... but there are fringe people in every movement and that shit will not happen ever.

I mean honestly if you cut 60% of the federal government budget today, you'd be back to 1995 levels. That's fucking insane and the country needs to elect fiscally conservative, libertarian-leaning people to at least stop the hemorrhaging before the whole fucking thing collapses
I agree with this except to say that the system needs to collapse and every banker needs to be driven out to the Alaskan outback and set loose with a tent and a buck knife after all their assets are liquidated and distributed evenly to every American citizen's social security account. That's what I call a peaceful revolution.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 05:07:09 PM »
http://home.absolute.net/xode/nwofraud/Bankruptcy_fraud/Bankfraud3.htm

According to this, all lawyers have to take a secret oath. It's fascinating!
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

My Gender Career

• Domestic Threat
  • you are my job
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »

If it fits, you must not acquit.

Mullah Omar

• Cishet White Male
  • Waffen SS
  • Amir al Mumineen
  • Awards Swear on me mum m8 Fascist Goon or Ex-Goon Commie
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2014, 09:47:02 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AeFwuBveU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AeFwuBveU</a>