;

Author Topic: The Climate Change/ Global Warming/ ManBearPig thread  (Read 6958 times)

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
The Climate Change/ Global Warming/ ManBearPig thread
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »
+4
Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data

The Mail on Sunday can reveal a landmark paper exaggerated global warming
    It was rushed through and timed to influence the Paris agreement on climate change
    America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration broke its own rules
    The report claimed the pause in global warming never existed, but it was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4192182/World-leaders-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html
 :stewart:

I'm half surprised that this doesn't have its own thread. Academia for a while has been forced to accept An Inconvenient Truth as gospel since about 2006. Well 2012 and 2014 has since rolled on by and we are still above water and relatively little has changed in terms of nature. Since the God Emperors election the whole climate change industry/agenda has been put into question and cracks are starting to show. Will this impact green energy, academia, and or something else?
Message me when the next SASS clone gets started

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
Re: The Climate Change/ Global Warming/ ManBearPig thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:45:30 PM »
+2
Reminder that An Inconvenient Sequel is coming out later this year.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unzHvFPtY0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unzHvFPtY0</a>

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 08:47:16 PM »
+3

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unzHvFPtY0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unzHvFPtY0</a>
I wonder if this ties into the Ice Age franchise.
Message me when the next SASS clone gets started

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 09:57:27 PM »
+3

Holy shit that's past disingenuous and into dishonest. Conflating storm surge with sea level rise due to man made climate change, what a load of bullshit. When I get a chance I'll do some digging and see if I can find that paper from the Russian climatologist showing that climate cycles are linked to solar output.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables old Californian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:06:34 PM »
+2
Here we go:

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/images/stories/papers/originals/grand_minimum.pdf

Enjoy!

There's also this chick, Valentina Zharkova :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sh_nlz43Pc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sh_nlz43Pc</a>

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »
+7
Was it here or some other board that I recently read somebody posting about how a bunch of official NOAA(?) thermometers used to prop up some of the climate change hysteria had been quietly relocated into urban areas in buildings where the ambient temperature is always a little higher than it is out in the countryside? They mentioned that there was some site that let you check them in realtime and you could pull up GPS coordinates for them, but after it got noticed that a bunch had moved to warmer places they removed the location data.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:24 AM »
+6
Was it here or some other board that I recently read somebody posting about how a bunch of official NOAA(?) thermometers used to prop up some of the climate change hysteria had been quietly relocated into urban areas in buildings where the ambient temperature is always a little higher than it is out in the countryside? They mentioned that there was some site that let you check them in realtime and you could pull up GPS coordinates for them, but after it got noticed that a bunch had moved to warmer places they removed the location data.
The way I heard it was that the weather stations hadn't relocated, but that the areas they were in urbanized. E.g., you plant a station in one of the fields outside of town in 1923, and by CURRENT YEAR it's surrounded by 15 Starbucks with their A/C on full blast and a line of cars idling in the drive-through.

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Fascist Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 04:42:47 AM »
+15
Oh cool, climate change.

A bunch of my friends and acquintances are completely batshit about this, going all citizen activism and producing propaganda videos about it. "Your actions matter" kind of shit.

They tried to get me involved, and one of them was dead serious about "we're living the last few weeks of humanity". I politely declined and changed the subject but that got me thinking. So, let's take that at face value; it's the last few weeks - if that were the case, it's not going to make much impact whether I switch from car to a bicycle then, now is it? We're fucked anyway. Why not live it up? Also, if it really is that much of an emergency, wouldn't it make more sense to try to get the big polluters like coal industry, or China/India to stop polluting, not pester a westerner that he should become a vegan?

I'm not even a climate change denialist, I'm sure our actions have an effect on the climate. But these people are going all Apocalypse Soon and it's as dumb and short-sighted as multiculturalism.

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Eat a bowl of dicks, Sparky.
  • Awards old United Statesian Better dead than red cold, dead hands The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
+4
When Al Gore sells his beach house, I'll start worrying. Otherwise, fuck off Al Gore and you other global warming climate change cunts.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/noel-sheppard/2010/05/03/stunning-pictures-al-gores-new-9-million-mansion-media-totally
Fuck signatures.

sperg rush

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Fascist Better dead than red You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:08:05 AM »
+16
When Al Gore turns off all the lights in his sixth mansion that he doesn't live in then I'll start taking him seriously, fuck this global cooling global warming climate change bullshit, what bothers me is how these labcoat niggers get away with this shit by sucking up money from the government and people who believe in this bullshit while pushing for legislation banning criticism, it's like the 17th century Catholic church again. Not only that, they are starting to go for even crazier theories like ocean acidification will cause shit in the ocean floor to float up to the shore making it inhabitable. Hey guys remember acid rain and the ozone layer? Oh wait, they got memory-holed when they stopped being profitable.

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »
+8
In the case of the ozone layer it's actually healing itself and they came up with a viable solution. The solution also did not involve raising taxes on people.

Gender Studies Barista

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »
+6
Ozone layer depletion was caused by CFCs and other chemicals. They were basically banned by nearly every nation on Earth and the ozone layer healed itself.

anti-Semitic graphs

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Inshallah! Quieres comprar naranjas? Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 11:24:28 AM »
+6
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gDErDwXqhc</a>

This video and the site he is reading off of trigger climate change people so hard. I was in an argument with one guy who was fanatical about this shit, and I started reading him the stats from this and he got really mad and said I was still wrong because I was just citing other people's work instead of thinking for myself. The crux of his argument was "97% of experts agree tho!!!"  :rolleyes:

DAS FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin' Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 01:06:33 PM »
+1
Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data

The Mail on Sunday can reveal a landmark paper exaggerated global warming
    It was rushed through and timed to influence the Paris agreement on climate change
    America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration broke its own rules
    The report claimed the pause in global warming never existed, but it was based on misleading, ‘unverified’ data

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4192182/World-leaders-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html
 :stewart:

I'm half surprised that this doesn't have its own thread. Academia for a while has been forced to accept An Inconvenient Truth as gospel since about 2006. Well 2012 and 2014 has since rolled on by and we are still above water and relatively little has changed in terms of nature. Since the God Emperors election the whole climate change industry/agenda has been put into question and cracks are starting to show. Will this impact green energy, academia, and or something else?

Most of the mainstream tech/science news/mags in the US are trying to debunk this as "nothing more than non-science people not understanding the difference between taking temperature readings from inside vs outside a ships hull"  :rolleyes:

Here's another article about Georgia Tech's top climatologist who resigned rather than suck the dick of climate change advocates

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/06/georgia-tech-climatologist-chooses-career-suicide-to-keep-her-scientific-integrity/

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Knights
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Methodist Better dead than red cold, dead hands Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
+9
Hey guys remember acid rain and the ozone layer? Oh wait, they got memory-holed when they stopped being profitable.

When I was in elementary school and we did Earth Day/recycling shit, it always gave me the impression that we were like five years tops from ~acid rain~ being a weekly occurrence. And they didn't really properly convey what acid rain is, because I assumed it was like corrosive shit that makes your skin burn and blister just from being a little too far from shelter when it starts. I always thought Captain Planet was lame.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 01:37:52 PM »
+6
When I was in elementary school and we did Earth Day/recycling shit, it always gave me the impression that we were like five years tops from ~acid rain~ being a weekly occurrence. And they didn't really properly convey what acid rain is, because I assumed it was like corrosive shit that makes your skin burn and blister just from being a little too far from shelter when it starts. I always thought Captain Planet was lame.
Yeah, when I was at that age I was reading Ranger Rick magazine and watching cartoons and ended up really upset about pollution and acid rain.

According to my mom one day I came home from school in tears because I was scared of getting AIDS, because there had been some assembly about it and the big push at the time was "anyone can get it" (back then I had no idea what sex was, let alone that dudes could be into each other).

DAS FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin' Fucked a lesbian
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »
+1
Hey guys remember acid rain and the ozone layer? Oh wait, they got memory-holed when they stopped being profitable.

But all rain is acidic  :smug:

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Deplorables Metal Fan Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' old Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry Better dead than red United Statesian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Scrooge Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
+10
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/444668/whistle-blower-scientist-exposes-shoddy-climate-science-noaa

NOAA scientists are directly manipulating data by using ship based data instead of buoy based data because ship based data is warmer.  Of course the ship based data is also less precise so it fits their uses even better.

So Karl, the former head of the NOAA office that produces climate data, worked with a team of scientists to challenge the IPCC findings and prove that the hiatus did not exist. He claimed to have developed a way to raise sea-temperature readings that had been collected by buoys: He would adjust them by using higher temperature readings of sea water collected by ships. “In regards to sea surface temperature, scientists have shown that across the board, data collected from buoys are cooler than ship-based data,” said one of the study’s co-authors. It was therefore necessary, the NOAA scientists held, to “correct the difference between ship and buoy measurements, and we are using this in our trend analysis.”

There is an enormous amount of pressure in academia to conform to this view because they are incredibly concerned about grant money.  Atmospheric scientists know that they must toe the line on climate change if they want to keep their jobs, so they falsify data or manipulate data to show specific trends that aren't actually there.  Thankfully this is not the only thing these guys do, but it really is a shame that academia is this far gone.

With that said, NOAA is not all bad and not all of the climate research on greenhouse gases that they are doing is manipulative.  The AXPC recently had a presenter from NOAA do a presentation where the showed that the recent increase in the US in GHGs was entirely from Wetlands. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/338797556/Schnell-CH4-June-9-16

That presentation was extremely eye-opening.  I have uploaded it above.

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Classicist Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 04:41:35 PM »
+3
I'm not a climatologist but in the research into it I've done over the years as a laymen I get the impression that global warming is real, humans contribute to it to some degree, and...it's ultimately just a long term inconvenience, not an emergency. It will cost us money. Maybe not even more money than it would take to stop it. That's about it. This "Humanity is going extinct!" crap is insane and hurts their cause more than it helps it. All the CO2 in those fossil fuels we're burning used to be in the atmosphere. Earth has been significantly warmer in the past, and been perfectly habitable for humans. Further, these changes are going to be slow by human standards. The period between the 80's and early 2000's was anomalously fast and largely localized to El Nino effected areas. But it's used as the standard because it makes for better sensationalist headlines.

tl;dr I'm not worried. Might be annoying for my great grandchildren, if they own a beach house in southern Florida. But maybe not.

In the case of the ozone layer it's actually healing itself and they came up with a viable solution. The solution also did not involve raising taxes on people.
If we assume their claims were accurate and that that's where the "hole"(really, a thin spot) came from, mysteriously no increase in UV light reaching the surface in the affected area was ever recorded. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say "mysteriously". It absolutely should have since there was less ozone there. It's bizarre.

Basically nature still makes very little sense. Needs more research.

Bill Wilkins

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 04:52:51 PM »
+16
I don't give a fuck about Climate Change because there is nothing I can do about it.  :nixon:

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
+3
All the climate data showed that the western world would be unaffected by the rising sea levels and it would just be parts of africa and the middle east that would somehow get flooded.

And they would say that we would have these people knocking on our door if we didn't fix climate change because we would have ruined their homes. And we have an obligation to these countries that only speak in clicks and whistles.

I don't know why we have an obligation but the people who were in power said we did. I mean they're not even U.S. territories, they're all foreign autonomous countries.

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Classicist Scrooge
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
+3
On the one hand, dead jihadis and third worlders. On the other, harder to get to oil/diamonds/uranium that are the only good things about that continent. It's a wash.

Sailor Troon

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »
+4
I've been waiting for Florida to go underwater for 13 or so years now, even though I've been told it'd happen "five years from now".

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »
+15
I'd take climate change more seriously if there weren't the I love cock more thanusual suspectsdoes clamoring over the potential riches they can acquire:

- Investment banks desperately want carbon credits and then ensure that they're the only ones who can trade them, allowing for another avenue to make money without doing anything.

- Green industries popped up all over to overcharge the fuck out of people who don't know any better.

- Layabout academics where it is getting a little too crowded in the gender and racial studies departments so now they need to open up new channels of bullshit like "environmental racism"

- Yet another opportunity for shitlibs to feel superior over the normies for worrying about shit like carbon footprints and where their beef gets raised at.

- More environmental regulations because being a lawyer is an increasingly dead end profession (sorry Rocket) and this allows a few thousand more to get hired so businesses can navigate the byzantine regulations.

- Other kikery that belongs here that I haven't thought up of.

Of course these people are all committed thirdworldists and think the solution to increased carbon usage in the west is to import the third world, a group of people who don't give the slightest fuck about the environment.  Fuck these people.  I think environmentalism is a good idea for the purposes of preservation because fuck having some factory dump their waste into the nearby river.  However it is riddled with the usual kike bullshit so it's unworkable as of now.  Nice job, pricks.

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 06:30:46 PM »
+2
I remember when I was in 2nd grade we read a book in class about the rainforest.  The book was full of gorgeous, brightly-colored illustrations so I was excited to bring it home and show my parents, my dad started flipping through it and got really pissed off, ended up calling my teacher about it.  Any political aspects of the book obviously flew right over my head, I just really enjoyed looking at the illustrations.  It must have been pretty gay though for him to make a fuss about anything let alone a dumb kids book.