;

Author Topic: The Climate Change/ Global Warming/ ManBearPig thread  (Read 8301 times)

Psycho Dad

• Cishet White Male
  • Eat a bowl of dicks, Sparky.
  • Awards Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! The Gentry cold, dead hands Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: The Climate Change/ Global Warming/ ManBearPig thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 06:39:00 PM »
+7
I don't give a fuck about Climate Change because there is nothing I can do about it.  :nixon:

Stupid plebe, of course you can do something about it.

You can pay more taxes and reduce your living standards back to those of hut-dwelling knuckledraggers. With TV so your Glorious Leaders can tell you what to think.
Fuck signatures.

Male Gaze

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 09:09:34 PM »
+2
Commies started pushing for it hard because it's an excuse for more centralized control of the economy. Our enemies pushed it because it would hamper us.

I remember when I was in 2nd grade we read a book in class about the rainforest.  The book was full of gorgeous, brightly-colored illustrations so I was excited to bring it home and show my parents, my dad started flipping through it and got really pissed off, ended up calling my teacher about it.  Any political aspects of the book obviously flew right over my head, I just really enjoyed looking at the illustrations.  It must have been pretty gay though for him to make a fuss about anything let alone a dumb kids book.
The fun thing about the rainforest is it's C02 neutral, and a net producer of methane. So if anything it's contributing to global warming.

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Fucked a lesbian Jesuit Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »
+3
- Layabout academics where it is getting a little too crowded in the gender and racial studies departments so now they need to open up new channels of bullshit like "environmental racism"

ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE

FOOD JUSTICE

You name it and shitlibs have tacked on JUSTICE to the end

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
+15
When I was in elementary school and we did Earth Day/recycling shit, it always gave me the impression that we were like five years tops from ~acid rain~ being a weekly occurrence. And they didn't really properly convey what acid rain is, because I assumed it was like corrosive shit that makes your skin burn and blister just from being a little too far from shelter when it starts.

tl;dr
Acid Rain is real, bad, and most of it is now in China.

Water vapor mixes chemicals from emissions, becomes more acidic, falls to earth, and changes the pH of lakes & soil - this is a slightly different mechanism than Ocean acidification. The higher acidity increases erosion, speeds nutrient leeching from soil, and is generally detrimental to the tastiest fresh-water lifeforms & the lifeforms they need to grow & be tasty.
It also changes the types of plants that can grow in certain soils - so you'd see a dramatic shift in biomes that not all lifeforms would adapt to, as well as forest die off in the midterm - old trees are weakened and die off, new trees that can survive in the new conditions would take a decade or two to reach decent size.
Basically, complete chaos in the agricultural system until shit gets figured out.

In the 50s through 70s this was shaping up to be a problem in the west, particularly in europe with its ancient stonework, and the eastern US with its coal-fired industries (most notably steel). A mix of EPA regulations - by both reducing emissions through technology and driving business to foreign competitors with fewer regulations - have pretty much ended Acid Rain as an issue for Western Civ, ensuring there will be plenty of shit for the Eurarbian caliphate to smash because it doesn't glorify a violent pederast (pbuh).
Acid Rain has been moved to China, where there isn't shit to erode and and an increase in pH is the smallest of the concerns of whatever life still exists in their waterways.

Honestly Deforestation is the worst thing for the planet.

In short- kill the muslims and jews.
Thank you.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Fuck you, dad! Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 05:25:36 AM »
+6
In short- kill the muslims and jews.
Thank you.

The climate science angle behind this course of action is a bit vague for me, but perhaps we could give it a shot nonetheless.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 06:11:56 AM »
+9
I'm not a climatologist but in the research into it I've done over the years as a laymen I get the impression that global warming is real, humans contribute to it to some degree, and...it's ultimately just a long term inconvenience, not an emergency.

No it's a fucking rounding error.  During a couple centuries in medieval times temperatures were entire degrees higher than they were now, because solar activity was much higher for that period.  Places that are covered by ice right now were fertile land you could grow fruit on.

Think of it this way, CO2 is 0.04% of atmospheric gas.  That is 4 parts per ten thousand, and the concentrations human activity is affecting it by is something like a few percent this way or that.  It's also not a particularly strong greenhouse gas.

It's a ridiculous scam orchestrated by scientist fags no one would otherwise take seriously and who are probably making up for being losers their entire lives.  If it were something with actual consequences, it would be an actual national emergency and not something they relegate to do nothing organizations like the UN.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 08:39:45 PM »
+6
When I was in elementary school and we did Earth Day/recycling shit, it always gave me the impression that we were like five years tops from ~acid rain~ being a weekly occurrence. And they didn't really properly convey what acid rain is, because I assumed it was like corrosive shit that makes your skin burn and blister just from being a little too far from shelter when it starts.

tl;dr
Acid Rain is real, bad, and most of it is now in China.

Well yeah, I know that now. When I was in the 4th grade basically all I had to go on was Captain Planet, vague warnings from brief environmentalism lesson plans at school, and my imagination. Plus it has acid in the name, so it has to be fuckin' metal.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »
+7
I'm not a climatologist but in the research into it I've done over the years as a laymen I get the impression that global warming is real, humans contribute to it to some degree, and...it's ultimately just a long term inconvenience, not an emergency.

No it's a fucking rounding error.  During a couple centuries in medieval times temperatures were entire degrees higher than they were now, because solar activity was much higher for that period.  Places that are covered by ice right now were fertile land you could grow fruit on.

Yeah they even had a name for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Warm_Period

There were also writings (the few that survived) about how fertile the Bri'ish Isles were when the Romans landed there.  Shit that grows there then that can't today because it's too cold and rainy.

As we continue to improve our abilities to do historical climate research, we will probably find even more shit like this.  At this point environmentalism is too politicized and kiked up to be taken seriously in its current form.

marlon perkins

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 11:45:10 PM »
+3

Yeah they even had a name for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Warm_Period

There were also writings (the few that survived) about how fertile the Bri'ish Isles were when the Romans landed there.  Shit that grows there then that can't today because it's too cold and rainy.

As we continue to improve our abilities to do historical climate research, we will probably find even more shit like this.  At this point environmentalism is too politicized and kiked up to be taken seriously in its current form.

"NO NO SCIENCE STOPS IN 1980 WHEN WE STARTED THIS BULLSHIT IT GOES NO FURTHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

we need a bullshit science emot
"In the end, I believe that prosperity allows more room for people to bellyache.
, Sterling G Mace"

Nine G. Eleven

• Unperson
  • A Date That Will Live In Infa-meme
  • Awards You can't know! Deplorables Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »
+5
Just photoshop a lab coat and goggles onto that one fat guy.

Danger-Weiner

• Enemy Of The State
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian DeVry Lithuanian
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 01:42:13 PM »
+3
lets trick liberals into bottling their own farts to reduce carbon footprint
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Fuck you, dad! Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 04:26:53 PM »
+9
Embedded YouTube Journo [02|May 04:00 PM]:   in other news, crowder had a really interesting guest on talking about climate sicence and how bill nye is a hack

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDK1aCqqZkQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDK1aCqqZkQ</a>
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Good luck Reality. Hope this turns out alright.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »
+16

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 11:36:31 AM »
Every cold record in May has been broken in my country this year. Can we get some of that sweet global warming that everyone is talking about?

- Jordin Kare

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2017, 11:36:54 AM »
+14
Scott Adams has fuck you money and is getting old enough so that he doesn't give a shit about what people think about him anymore.  He's also got a heavily surgeried < 30 year old gf and plans on outliving the cash he does have.  Expect Dilbert to get way more shitlordy from here on out even if it still retains a little autism.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
+4
Every cold record in May has been broken in my country this year. Can we get some of that sweet global warming that everyone is talking about?

Haven't you heard? It's Climate Change™ now, so there's no way to disprove any of it. Hotter? Climate Change™. Colder? Climate Change™. Lots of storms? Climate Change™. Drought? That's the power of Climate Change™, baby.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Enemy Of The State
  • Buffering Outrage
  • Awards Better dead than red United Statesian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Artist Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 01:30:29 PM »
+7
Crowder had a guest who made a really good point that the warmer the earth gets the better for places like Africa and the Sahara since it increases oceanic evaporation and as a result humidity and rain will increases in the dry tropics.  There's periods not that long ago where the Sahara was farmable land

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2017, 04:57:06 PM »
+2
Crowder had a guest who made a really good point that the warmer the earth gets the better for places like Africa and the Sahara since it increases oceanic evaporation and as a result humidity and rain will increases in the dry tropics.  There's periods not that long ago where the Sahara was farmable land

For the most part of Earth's history it has been significantly more hotter and because of that it had more vegetation and wetlands on latitudes where we normally wouldn't expect it. Higher temperatures allows us to grow food in more regions on Earth.

And what to we get in the news?

"EARTH HAS NEVER HAD SO MUCH CO2 IN THE ATMOSPHERE AS IN ~CURRENT YEAR~"

Eh. So what?

- Jordin Kare

(((🍆🍆🍆)))

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2017, 09:12:18 PM »
+12
It's no surprise that climate change quackery is at a fever pitch now that businesses are investing billions of dollars into manufacturing in the United States.

sperg rush

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Fascist Better dead than red Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »
+13
Here's an idea for alternative energy that will save the planet, gather every leftist you see and shove them into an oven.

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »
+11
Scott Adams has fuck you money and is getting old enough so that he doesn't give a shit about what people think about him anymore.  He's also got a heavily surgeried < 30 year old gf and plans on outliving the cash he does have.  Expect Dilbert to get way more shitlordy from here on out even if it still retains a little autism.

We're going to witness Scott Adams go full Lasagna Cat on Dilbert before anyone else has a chance to satirize it.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
The new big scare is oxygen O2 levels or something of the sort.
Acting Assistant Director of The Department of Corrective Rape

a torrent of piss

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Fuck You Sea Dad
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 04:43:19 PM »
+9
Yeah the whole thing with plankton levels and thus we have less oxygen in the water, that's an old one from the 70's. If they bring that back it's going to be heavily disproved and short lived since we can breed more plankton in large facilities now, it's just that they were never built because we never had a serious need for them.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
+5
Yeah the whole thing with plankton levels and thus we have less oxygen in the water, that's an old one from the 70's. If they bring that back it's going to be heavily disproved and short lived since we can breed more plankton in large facilities now, it's just that they were never built because we never had a serious need for them.

Never doubt the moronic enthusiasm from the I fucking love science crowd. I have an ex who posts about this constantly cause she works for one of those non profits. Unfriend her? What I'm not bitter or...shut up! Mind your own business and get off my back!
Acting Assistant Director of The Department of Corrective Rape

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. old United Statesian The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »
+2
Here's an idea for alternative energy that will save the planet, gather every leftist you see and shove them into an oven.

You don't want to kill leftists.  They help reduce global warming by not exercising and ensuring that the carbon that they are carrying remains sequestered around their waistlines.