;

Author Topic: "I am Generation Y"  (Read 354958 times)

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut
    • Awards
"I am Generation Y"
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:44:59 PM »
+3
I think it's no secret here that I have an especial scorn for Generation Y. I also think there are a number of people here who feel the same. Maybe you could say I'm a Gen Xer who feels his generation was passed by a bit by the media in favor of the new shiny Gen Ys who were supposed to supplant the Boomers as the Next Big Thing. There might be some truth to that. But moreso, it's because now that they've grown older, Millenials have shown that not only do they fantastically not deserve the laudations that thrown their way by eager reporters and pundits a few years ago, but they are in fact one of the most childish, regressive, and self centered generations we've ever seen.

Let's look at how Gen Y was (and sometimes still is) described in the media:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/boblutz/2012/07/06/why-generation-y-isnt-catching-car-fever/
They no longer see the driver’s license as liberating them from the suffocating embrace of their parents. The car, to them, is a passe form of prestige, of assuming, through the BMW or Mercedes label, a dignity beyond what the owner knows she’s worth.

Generation Y eschews all this. To them, that electrifying moment we all experienced when Dad first gave us the car keys and told us to be back at 11 p.m. (no beer stains or other spots in the car, for God’s sake) has been beneficially replaced by the glowing moment when their eager little fingers lovingly, incredulously caressed their first smart phone.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/2005-11-06-gen-y_x.htm
Generation Y: They've arrived at work with a new attitude
hey're young, smart, brash. They may wear flip-flops to the office or listen to iPods at their desk. They want to work, but they don't want work to be their life.
Get ready, because this generation — whose members have not yet hit 30 — is different from any that have come before, according to researchers and authors such as Bruce Tulgan, a founder of New Haven, Conn.-based RainmakerThinking, which studies the lives of young people.
Unlike the generations that have gone before them, Gen Y has been pampered, nurtured and programmed with a slew of activities since they were toddlers, meaning they are both high-performance and high-maintenance, Tulgan says. They also believe in their own worth.

"Generation Y is much less likely to respond to the traditional command-and-control type of management still popular in much of today's workforce," says Jordan Kaplan, an associate managerial science professor at Long Island University-Brooklyn in New York. "They've grown up questioning their parents, and now they're questioning their employers. They don't know how to shut up, which is great, but that's aggravating to the 50-year-old manager who says, 'Do it and do it now.' "

That speak-your-mind philosophy makes sense to Katie Patterson, an assistant account executive at Edelman Public Relations in Atlanta. The 23-year-old, who hails from Iowa and now lives with two roommates in a town home, likes to collaborate with others, and says many of her friends want to run their own businesses so they can be independent.

"We are willing and not afraid to challenge the status quo," she says. "An environment where creativity and independent thinking are looked upon as a positive is appealing to people my age. We're very independent and tech savvy." 
:goonette:

Angie Ping, 23, of Alvin, Texas, lives in flip-flops but isn't allowed to wear them to the office. "Some companies' policies relating to appropriate office attire seem completely outdated to me," says Ping, at International Facility Management Association. "The new trend for work attire this season is menswear-inspired capri pants, which look as dressy as pants when paired with heels, but capri pants are not allowed at my organization."
  :clint:

At first, when these twee assholes began flooding the workplace 8-10 years ago, everyone talked about how they were the "game changers," that businesses would have to adapt to them. 50 year old Boomer managers would have to change workplace policies to be more relaxed, allow a loose dress code, people to come and go as they please, be allowed to check Facebook all day, etc.

Now that the economy tanked, people are realizing that there are a ton of Gen Xers and Boomers left who need work who will work long hours, not demand a lot of stupid perks and coddling, and now Gen Y is whining about how they can't find jobs.
 :stewart:

This was inevitable, because this generation was coddled by it's late Boomer/Early Gen X parents as no other. They were not to know privation or hardship. Schools and parents ensured everyone was a unique snowflake who always won a trophy. They were bubblewrapped and kept inside to play video games and only allowed out for carefully monitored extracurricular activities designed to get them into the best schools. They were put on pedestals and never criticized and told they were going to Change The World.

Now things are a bit harsher, a bit more real, but these idiots are still careening by on the idea that everything should be handed to them and everything should adapt to them. They interview for first jobs and demand all sorts of conditions and don't respond for weeks if you do offer it to them, because they are trying to find something better because they've been conditioned to believe they are a commodity. I've had 10 interns in the past year and when I ask them what their short term goals are, 8 of them say "owning their own business" in the next couple of years.
 :geithner:

So this thread is for posting examples of Gen Y stupidity. They can be from SA, or Reddit, sanctimonious Gen Y blogs or fawning pundits from mainstream media.

Here's my first example: Blue Pony (surprise surprise, complete with Ponytar) from SA posted a thread in Ask/Tell about how she could live illegally in England:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3470892

Quote from: Blue Pony" post="401295542
I'm an American gal in her mid twenties who HAS always wanted to live abroad in England for awhile. I've always gotten along swimmingly with Brits that I've met over the years whom have told me that I neither act or sound like an American(I hear that from other Americans as well) and I have always dreamed of spending a few years over there.

Unfortunately, as many would be expats have learned, I just can't show up and get a job. You can't get a working visa unless someone over there wants pay the money for the visa to hire you AND the only way to be hired is if you have job skills that they can't find in any native workers.

Seeing as I went to Art School(Easily the worst decision a pre-recession highschool student could make) and do not have any  talents that would warrant such a thing, I'm pretty much screwed.

So now I'm basically looking at my only other option: Sneaking in.

I have friends and have met people who have traveled/studied abroad and exceeded their travel/student visas and lived illegally and worked paid under the table type jobs. They've made it seem pretty easy and I've been heavily considering this for some time.

I don't mind working a crap job, I'm currently working one here in the US. I'd rather be waiting tables or bar tending in a new country where I could meet new people and experience new things than continue doing so in the same boring town in the same boring state, day in and day out.

I'm not scared of being caught and deported, I want to be able to travel and have adventure while I'm young. I'm already stone poor and up to my teeth in student debt, I'll probably never have a career at this point, so I might as well live now and without regrets!
 :adam:--I wanted to highlight only part of these two sentences but found I had to keep extending the bolding. It almost perfectly sums up the Gen Y attitiude

Skeptical? Well she does have a pretty solid 10 year plan guys:
Quote from: Blue Pony" post="401296896
Well my ten year plan is to save up enough money to move to New York(Another life long dream of mine) work, enjoy life, and unless I met someone or an amazing job prospect came up, eventually beebop on over to England and maybe spend three or four years there.

After that, maybe come back to the USA, maybe go to Australia, they have much more lax immigrant laws there.
:reagan:
You can literally have whatever you want if you just want it to be so.

Now you might wonder how it is that she figures she can get so much money working as an illegal immigrant. Well you see, she has first (second) hand experience of how one illegal immigrant was successful, and since this business owner who has been working for 20 years longer than her has nicer things than her, illegal immigration must be the path to success! All situations are exactly the same!
Quote from: Blue Pony" post="401306515
Well so far thats the most positive thing I've heard so far in this thread, but considering my current boss is an illegal Mexican immigrant who is about the nicest, funniest guy you will ever meet, and has lived undetected for 20 years in my country and raised two adorable kids without any persecution or threat of deportation, no offense, but that really isn't a meaningful statement.

Here in America, illegal immigrants are a part of life, and are pretty welcome, despite what the popular media might say.

I mean Christ, the man owns two Ipads and each of his kids own the newest iphone! I own a mac I got for free in 2005 and could never replace if my life depended on it currently and a cheap as humanly possible go phone. If I ever got hurt, I would die in the street because I can't afford health insurance, he can. I haven't seen a docter or dentist in 15 years, welcome to America, best country on Earth!

Two Ipads!? Insanity! He must be RICH!!

Quote from: Blue Pony" post="401306839
I have never known privilege, I thought was told, like many other young americans, that taking out huge loans to pay for college was the right thing to do, and that I would immediately get a job after school and pay it off for the rest of my life.

The the economy imploded on itself and that all became a lie. I'm all on my own now and have to make my own way, without help from my family or my government. I want to see the world even though I'm so poor that $300 a month for rent is obscene to me. I've seen too many 50 year old women at my shitty fast food jobs who wasted their lives believing that things would get better if they just stayed put.

I was told I was a special and unique snowflake who could go to college for anything and would be handed success, but then the Real World happened and because I don't have what I want Right Now I might as well stop trying for a career and just live a life of Fun and Adventure!
 :tuss:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, thank God for these idiots though, because that just means there's that much less competition in the workplace for me.

Post your favorite Gen Y people or quotes ITT.
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: "I am Generation Y"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »
+3
generation y is full of people that believe they should be able to have anything they want, no matter how unfeasible it is. When it doesn't work it, it's society's problem and the world should adapt to them. Generation Y is a generation raised on films like The Nightmare Before Christmas: turns out the protagonist was right all along and society should be forced to adapt! More than any other generation they've been exposed to that type of media in the form readily accessible television, movies, video games, and other forms of consumable entertainment. Once upon a time if you wanted entertainment it meant engaging others; you went out with your buddies and compromised on a bar. You played a pick-up game of baseball and were left fielder because you weren't the best you and you knew it.

I don't think it's any surprise that people turned out the way they did when you look at it that way. Look how many goons are upset that they can't get a job because their History degree is worthless. They were raised on the notion of doing what you want when you want and you're the hero so everything will be just fine and work out in the end. Generation Y lacks humility; everything they've done is a fantastic achievement with merit.

I'm a non-traditional college student so I get to see all this dumb it first hand. In co-op 101 I hear about one person's leadership experience because she was co-captain of the cheerleading squad (I swear this was said verbatim and I'm not making this shit up) in high school and helped make schedules.

Generation Y loves to puff out their chest and wave their e-dicks around in e-mails. Don't ever bother trying to argue with Gen Y over e-mail; they'll CC the world about it and it's like arguing with a goon. Every time I've been in a situation like that, I've hit reply to all and wrote an innocuous statement along the lines of "We don't seem to be getting our points across in e-mails; we should set up a time to sit down and discuss this face to face." Every time this happens, they've either dropped the issue entirely or ended up staring at their feet while I yelled at them. When it comes to the real world, Generation Y is so woefully unprepared that they'll back away at the slightest hint of confrontation.

Gen Y never apologizes. There's always an excuse about why, and you should just deal with it. Gen Y really just doesn't get the concept that they could have possibly fucked up at something. I can't count the endless streams of excuses I've heard. One guy missed a lab, and the first words out of his mouth were "I was hungover. It's not my fault; it was my birthday and they made me do 19 shots".  I've had Gen Yers e-mail me at 2 in the morning with their parts of the project, when it's due at 9. The idea that I might be sleeping, and not eagerly waiting at my computer for them is completely foreign.

It's not limited to America either. I can't think of a single Chinese student I've seen that wasn't woefully fucked up. They're in such a culture shock of being away from home for the first time ever that they do nothing but try to recreate Little China - stick only with other Chinese, eat the same exact thing they ate back home, and refuse to integrate or adapt in any way. Getting stuck with a Chinese student for group work is the worst, because they don't give a fuck about their terrible English. I either have to sit there and get a C, or just delete their parts and write them myself.

Fuck Generation Y.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:49 PM »
+2
Goons are the filtered essence of Gen Y. Gen Y doesn't believe in going out and being successful; look at how hard goons mock bootstraps. They just believe it happens because of "privilege". "Privilege" allows Gen Y to feel better about its failures; in these situations, it's not failures. Things just didn't happen because they don't have enough privilege.

You've got privilege if you pass the criteria of any one of the blow
1)White (or can pass as white)
2)Male
3)Christian
4)Not poor
5)Not from a poor family
6)College-educated
7)Straight
8)Cisgendered
9)Have supportive/educated parents
10)Are in good health
11)If you're disabled, it's something that can pass 'undetected'.
12)Lack mental illnesses

The concept of privilege allows Gen Y'ers to ignore their own shortcomings. Got a good job? It's because of privilege. Did you get a degree in a STEM field? It's because of your privilege. You didn't earn anything, you got it from your privilege. It's set to be such a wide fucking scale that anyone's achievements can be torn down. Only Gen Y could swallow such horseshit.

Gen Y is going to be a generation of serfs. Their laziness and unwillingness to actually take a good, hard look at themselves is going to stop most of them from ever being successful. Look at how easily they're swindled out of their money. Have you guys heard about "Kickstarter"? It's a website where people donate money to projects (mostly video games) in return for a free copy of it when it comes out. What happens to the rest of the profits (because the game will still be sold to the public)? The creator/developer gets to keep them themselves.

That's right. Generation Y is actually destroying the practice of investing. Rather than get equity in return for an investment, they're throwing their money away. There's no security in any of this; kickstarters can (and have) been cancelled for whatever reasons after taking donations. Of course since it's a donation and there's absolutely no form of equity, donors are left empty handed. But that hasn't spoiled the concept for the manchildren of Gen Y; Kickstarter is still going on strong. These fucking people are their own worst enemies.

yowhatupg

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards cold, dead hands Strayan Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 07:50:46 AM »
Skeptical? Well she does have a pretty solid 10 year plan guys:
Quote from: Blue Pony" post="401296896
Well my ten year plan is to save up enough money to move to New York(Another life long dream of mine) work, enjoy life, and unless I met someone or an amazing job prospect came up, eventually beebop on over to England and maybe spend three or four years there.

After that, maybe come back to the USA, maybe go to Australia, they have much more lax immigrant laws there.

FUCK

As an Australian, as the leftists are very quick to point out, we have about 10x illegal immigration via normal aeroplane-arriving tourists outstaying their visas as we do boat people. Fuck this bitch and her entitlement complex as though the average aussie is glad that she can sponge off our iron ore-derived welfare.

:insert wrestler ruining cardboard door smiley here:

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »
+1
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2012/07/03/lets-play-to-keep-gen-y-staffers-gamify-their-work/
-Your author, who will be changing the world for you.

A recent MTV workplace survey showed that Millennials overwhelmingly agree that their jobs should reflect their lifestyle, their workplace should be social and fun, and they should have flexible hours and autonomy over the projects they’ve been assigned. They want regular feedback on their performance and recognition for their work. Who wouldn’t want all that? Millenials overwhelming agree that their jobs should be centered around them and be fun, not like work.

Full disclosure: I fit the description and identify deeply with the survey’s findings. Some people think of my generation as lazy, good-for-nothing slackers, feeling entitled to everything and entirely lacking a work ethic. But that’s wrong: Millennials have an incredible work ethic.   
:rock:

We want to work, we want to succeed and the want to reshape the world in our image. We are simply motivated in non-traditional ways. So, instead of giving up on the entire generation, let’s reconsider the way we work and see if we can’t identify improvements in the status quo that might bring out the best in employees, while satisfying work/life expectations of this generation. Let's change the entire way the working world functions to make it more convenient for a bunch of 20 year olds.
 :jesse:

Before we consider solutions, let’s fully understand the challenge. Nicole Lipkin, business psychologist and author of Y in the Workplace: Managing the ‘Me First’ Generation, is a recognized expert on the Gen Y workforce. “Millennials, like no generation before them, are demanding work/life balance, flexibility for themselves and social responsibility from their employers,” she says. There's 20% effective unemployment, but please do think you can pick and choose where you work based on how socially conscious a corporation is.
  :ultlibrage:

According to Lipkin, factors like education and technology combined with other global influences have deeply affected the psychology of my generation. Inundated from an early age with images of 9/11, Columbine-style shootings and wars against terrorism, Millennials refuse to wait until we’ve retired to live our lives. Forward-thinking corporate culture, flexibility and personal enjoyment have become essential factors in our career choices. “If your corporate values don’t reflect Gen Y values,” says Lipkin, “you’ll have a hard time attracting and retaining these employees.” Who cares?
 :paul:

And we will not be ignored.   :christina: Millennials already make up 25% of the American workforce and that number grows each day as Boomers retire and my fellow 20-somethings graduate. Why yes, there are a lot of service industry jobs out there. Forward-thinking companies are adapting themselves to fit this new paradigm, and many are doing so by embracing the process of gamification.
 :facepalm:

Gamification is the integration of game mechanics and theory into non-game applications and processes in the workplace. The system capitalizes on technology and an innate sense of sportsmanship to encourage employees to engage in desired behaviors. In return, they receive recognition for their efforts, regular feedback on their standing, a clear vision of what’s required to succeed, increased socialization, enjoyment and personal satisfaction. Exactly what we’re looking for.
 :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

At New York City-based Bluewolf Consulting, gamification has been woven into the corporate culture to encourage communication and collaboration among employees. According to Bluewolf CMO Corinne Sklar, “One of the biggest challenges we faced was how to cultivate a powerful thought leadership program that would incentivize collaboration, drive meaningful conversations between employees and, in doing so, produce quality content. We were looking for a program that would offer wide appeal to our employee base, and would extend organically into the corporate culture.”

Employees earn points by posting creative new topics for discussion or responding to the posts of others, generating dialogues that keep the company’s programs and perspectives fresh and innovative. Employees are also encouraged to share blog posts, white papers and other externally-focused materials through their own social networks like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. When someone in the employee’s network clicks on that link, more points are awarded. Points can be cashed in for a number of different prizes including everything from iPads, to lunch with the CEO. Employees are fanatical about the program.
 :geithner:

In three months, traffic from social media outlets to the Bluewolf site has increased by 45 percent, while external traffic to the company’s blog increased by 80 percent. The company’s blogger count climbed from five to 25, all regularly sharing fresh ideas, expertise and building out new concepts. The program has resulted in real, measurable results that add to the company’s bottom line, while successfully leveraging their existing social media programs.

Gartner estimates that over 50 percent of organizations that manage innovation processes will “gamify” them in the next three years. The coming business cycle is sure to include many demographically-driven changes, and gamification presents a rare opportunity for companies to address the needs of next-gen employees, while also improving productivity, increasing collaboration, minimizing turnover, improving employee morale, more effectively leveraging social media and driving business opportunities. When a relatively simple concept can have that kind of impact, it’s safe to say we’ll be seeing a lot of it in the near future. And we’ll have Gen Y to thank for it.

So instead of the simple concept of you work, you get paid, you are responsible, you save money, you enjoy the fruits of your labor, Gen Y must have it different. You have to literally turn work into Candyland or Chutes and Ladders to hold their attention. It's not enough to enjoy yourself at home, and the conclusion of a work day, or a weekend or a vacation. Your employers must amuse you and entertain you, because you aren't like those stuffy mean old adults.  :lolno:

They literally think that as high level Boomer employees retire at 65, they will be replaced with 22 year old college graduates, not by 45 year olds.

How about this? Work is work. It's not supposed to be fun. You're supposed to do it because that's what it means to be a responsible adult and contribute to society, to support yourself and your family. If you enjoy it, that's great, but you shouldn't enjoy it more than the time you spend with your friends and family. That time is the reward for doing the work. You want a fucking Ipad? Work and buy it, don't expect it as a reward for making a lot of Facebook posts and writing masturbatory memos. You want lunch with the CEO? Become a manager on your merit and attract his attention with your job performance.

If some kid who worked for me came to my office and started going on and on about his or her "expectations" and "work/life balance" I'd sit them down, give them a very adult conversation about the way things are, put them in a position which more accurately reflected their maturity level, and hire one of the many 30-50 year olds who are looking for work.

Christ. :hank:
Get rid of the notion that an eleven year old cannot be stronger than you, I had a kid of similar age do this to be when I was 16 and your size. I'm pretty sure he was stronger than me, this kid is almost certainly stronger than you.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »
I cannot saying anything better than what has been said.  As a GenXer, I look forward to watching the world burn when I hit retirement age.  I will welcome our Chinese comrades with open arms.  They will teach all of the GenYers real life and pain; and in a generation, I will watch from my deathbed, a great rebellion, as the new GenZers take up arms and crush our foreign occupiers and make America a world power again like we were during WWII.
 :johnwayne:

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
China is a rural, agrarian nation and the 8% who live and work in cities are either slaves making cheap shit for export or work for the Chink gov.

Their economy is going to collapse in the next 3 years, and when it does those slaves are going to run back to their villages to pick rice/their own ass.

:obammy:

Also this x1000:
Fuck Generation Y.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Classicist Arizona Prepper Ave Maria For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Fascist Soldier The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:09 PM »
+5
These are the people who want to 'destroy the status quo' but seem to fail to realise that without the status quo they would be raped and enslaved within minutes.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
Mot dis fukkin' thread.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »
Gen crY more like it. So fucking glad I don't have to deal with them much, and they are getting rarer even in fast food joints. Which means I get a complete, unfucked order now.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »
+2
Gen crY

:lilal:

Stealing this and working into every conversation I have  :allears:

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon BYOB Anonymous Sasstronaut tfw no gf because jews
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 08:03:50 PM »
+3
I'm early Gen-Y and I see the faggotry first hand with people my age saying dumb shit about how they need the latest phones and how hard starbucks barista jobs are yap yap yap.

I only wish I grew up in an earlier time so I wouldn't have lacked the same work opportunities prior to the nigger/chink/taco flood coming in.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:06:05 PM by veteran of forum wars »
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon BYOB Anonymous Sasstronaut tfw no gf because jews
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
+3
Going against the grain and saying that Gen Y-ners don't have the same opportunities X'ers and Boomers had. They had to deal with skyhigh tuition, shitty (jewed) job market due to immigrant floods, anti-White hiring practices (aff. action) and outsourcing. However, when you look at how pozzed the generation has become (iPhones, shrieking and other disgusting faggot behavior), it's hard to sympathize with them.
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards TNE Veteran Classicist Arizona Prepper Ave Maria For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Fascist Soldier The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »
How many Gen Y'ers got drafted for Iraq and Afghanistan?

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »
The only draft Gen crY has ever known is the almighty Dew.

In a limited edtion MLP mug of course.

M'lady
M'lady
M'laaaaaady
M'laaaaaaaaaaady
 :unparsons:

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jennagoudreau/2012/09/26/top-5-interview-mistakes-millennials-make/

No. 1: Wear Inappropriate Interview Attire
The top interview mistake millennials make is wearing the wrong clothing, according to 75% of hiring managers surveyed. When Angela Romano Kuo was vice president of human resources at  professional job-matching company TheLadders, she recalls being appalled that a young man came to an interview wearing a golf shirt, shorts and flip flops. He did not get the job. “Err on the side of being overdressed to make a good impression,” she advises. In an interview, stay away from flashy jewelry, plunging necklines, too-short hemlines, t-shirts, and shoes that are too casual or too difficult to walk in. “You never want to wear something that can be distracting, so if you have to think twice about it—skip it.”

I was at a job fair for my company the other day and holy hell you would not believe the collection of people who showed up. I could forgive a goony kid who doesn't own a goddamn suit because he's 18 and he's wearing highwater dress pants from his bar mitzvah, a dark shirt and his dad's out of style tie. But the sheer numbers of people between 22-30, clearly post college, who were walking around in shorts and whatnot was embarrassing.

The others on that list were "inappropriate social media posts, not knowing enough about the company you're interviewing with, not asking questions, and surprise, surprise, "overconfidence."

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 01:32:35 AM »
+1
Back in the day if you wanted to tell the world that you were a fucking faggot you got treated like a fucking faggot.
 :paul:

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
+1
I've just about had it with dudes wearing flip-flops everyfucking where they go.

Some jackasses at my church show up in fucking tshirt/shorts and flip-flops. 

I mean, it's one thing to show up to the pool or go for a trip to the store or w/e in those damned things...but God damn.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Awards old Something Wonderful Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 11:39:48 AM »
and surprise, surprise, "overconfidence."

When everyone gets a trophy, this hardly surprises me.  Add in a good healthy dose of constant praise from friends via said social media, they never face real-life confrontation and adversity to get that all-needed reality check leading to non-skewed self-awareness.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 11:46:14 AM »
+2
BTW, I am a huge proponent of bring this back as the standard for everyday male attire:

Hell, poor men lined up in the 1930s for bread in there best attire.  People had pride and self respect.

Edit for photo that encapsulates testosterone, style, and pride (no homo):
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:48:05 AM by BubbaCat »

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 05:58:17 PM »
I've just about had it with dudes wearing flip-flops everyfucking where they go.

Some jackasses at my church show up in fucking tshirt/shorts and flip-flops. 

I mean, it's one thing to show up to the pool or go for a trip to the store or w/e in those damned things...but God damn.

I hate to say it but the example is set even by older generations. I saw this old guy, Boomer at least, at traffic court today wearing fucking shorts to court. Shameful.

and surprise, surprise, "overconfidence."

When everyone gets a trophy, this hardly surprises me.  Add in a good healthy dose of constant praise from friends via said social media, they never face real-life confrontation and adversity to get that all-needed reality check leading to non-skewed self-awareness.

One of my former interns who is still in school and about to graduate had a come to Jesus moment recently and was telling me about it...she's finally realized there really aren't a fuck ton of jobs out there and is panicking and regretting her choice of major. But the other side of it is that she's hearing "horror stories" about friends who recently graduated and hate their jobs because they are menial, they have mean bosses, they don't get to do awesome cool world changing shit and they aren't looked upon as heroes. I had to give her some Real Talk.

BTW, I am a huge proponent of bring this back as the standard for everyday male attire:

Hell, poor men lined up in the 1930s for bread in there best attire.  People had pride and self respect.

Edit for photo that encapsulates testosterone, style, and pride (no homo):

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
    • Awards

accshr

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
i don't even own a pair of shorts :hank: