;

Author Topic: Celebrity Deadpool 2018  (Read 13533 times)

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
Re: Celebrity Deadpool 2018
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2018, 07:40:10 AM »
+10
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/kevin-smith-clerks-filmmaker-survives-massive-heart-attack-article-1.3842144

“Clerks” filmmaker Kevin Smith says he nearly died of a “massive heart attack” after rushing to a California hospital Sunday night.

The 47-year-old star of the New Jersey-based “Comic Book Men” reality show divulged the harrowing news from his hospital bed just after midnight local time Monday. Smith said he canceled a stand up gig in Glendale, Calif., after falling ill.

“The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka ‘the Widow-Maker’),” Smith tweeted. “If I hadn’t canceled show 2 to go to the hospital, I would’ve died tonight.”

:aran:

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2018, 08:14:29 AM »
+8
 :adam: I've been hugely overweight for 30 years. . . . however could this have happened to my heart?

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »
+5
i like that his first instinct in the midst of a near-death health crisis is to post a faggy selfie on twitter
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2018, 03:54:37 PM »
+6
Twitter is gay.  I wonder if Lee Harvey Oswald would have tweeted a picture of himself after he got shot. "Totes just got shot. On the way to hospital."

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
+5
:adam: I've been hugely overweight for 30 years. . . . however could this have happened to my heart?

B-b-but i smoked a shit ton of weed in lieu of regular physical exams! How could shit I read on the internet possibly have failed me?

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2018, 07:57:00 PM »
+8
Kevin Smith was once so fat that they kicked him off of an airplane: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/feb/15/overweight-filmmaker-banned-southwest-airlines

You figure that would be a wake up call but instead he posted a rant about it on Twitter.  Will he take it seriously or will he just commit suicide by fat?  I guess we'll see!

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2018, 02:05:29 AM »
+1
Can you imagine being Kevin Smith and still flying Southwest?  Holy shit nigga, fly an airline with assigned seating!

:tom:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2018, 10:05:18 AM »
+1
They don't have assigned seating? I thought that was important for security.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: February 27, 2018, 11:45:27 AM »
+3

Nope, Southwest is a cattle call at the gate. People are boarded onto the plane by "areas". Ironically, in my experience flying Southwest is no worse and in some cases better than the other airlines.

Postmortem Mixtape

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' old United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge Libertarian KURWA The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2018, 01:01:40 PM »
+4

Nope, Southwest is a cattle call at the gate. People are boarded onto the plane by "areas". Ironically, in my experience flying Southwest is no worse and in some cases better than the other airlines.

What happens with the other airlines is that they'll be boarding first class passengers and some dumb fucks that fly maybe once a year and board in zone 3 will be crowding around the gate waiting to board.

The FlyerTalk term for these people is "gate lice".

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
+3
I fly a couple times a year and I like Delta. American is shitty and United might be worse. I might have flown Southwest before; I don't remember boarding as general admission. If you're on a route I would think Allegiant Air would be the best deal in the sky. Don't know what they fly or how the customer service is, but if you can take a jet to your destination for $32 one way, hell, that is hard to beat.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2018, 05:32:04 AM »
+4
Best known for being the least interesting character in Beauty and the Beast, famed character actor David Ogden Stiers has died.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPoXyEEtEU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPoXyEEtEU</a>

25 points.

Mad at the Internet

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • wuts halperning?
  • Awards Texan Deplorables Seaman (lol) Killed in the Line of Posting United Statesian TNE Veteran Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »
+3
David Ogden Stiers

I read an obituary someone linked to me and somewhere down towards the end it said he finally came out as gay something like 10 years ago. JFC.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2018, 07:09:39 PM »
+4
I fly a couple times a year and I like Delta. American is shitty and United might be worse. I might have flown Southwest before; I don't remember boarding as general admission. If you're on a route I would think Allegiant Air would be the best deal in the sky. Don't know what they fly or how the customer service is, but if you can take a jet to your destination for $32 one way, hell, that is hard to beat.

This is exactly the kind of thing my dad says when I ask him where he wants to go for lunch.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »
+3

This is exactly the kind of thing my dad says when I ask him where he wants to go for lunch.
You dad talks about air fare rates when you ask him to go to lunch? I'm sorry. Maybe he's easily distracted?

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2018, 08:00:46 PM »
+4

You dad talks about air fare rates when you ask him to go to lunch? I'm sorry. Maybe he's easily distracted?

Or maybe mental illness runs in the family  :adam:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »
+2
I figured it out. His dad lives out of state so he discusses the logistics of their meeting. See? He's not crazy or distracted, just pragmatic.

Here's to IO's dad, the lunchtime pragmatist!

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »
+2
Sir Roger Bannister, first human to run an official sub-four minute mile and not the subject of Chariots of Fire, dead 88.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/43273249

12 points

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »
+3
Some people who grew up with physical copies of music may know of this guy:

Russ Solomon, Founder of Tower Records, Dies at 92. 8 points.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/05/obituaries/russell-solomon-founder-of-tower-records-dies-at-92.html

Russ Solomon, who pioneered the superstore hangout for music lovers by founding Tower Records and expanded it worldwide before internet pirates and crushing debts rendered the chain obsolete and bankrupt, died on Sunday night at his home in Sacramento. He was 92.

His son Michael confirmed the death.

A high school dropout who sold used jukebox records at 16 in his father’s drugstore in Sacramento, Mr. Solomon was the driving force behind a sprawling enterprise that began with one store in that city in 1960 and grew into a dominant competitor in music retailing with nearly 200 stores in 15 countries. Sales of recorded music, videos and books eventually topped $1 billion a year.

With marketing instincts that even rivals and critics called ingenious, Mr. Solomon built megastores, some bigger than football fields, and stocked them with as many as 125,000 titles, virtually all of the popular and classical recordings on the market.

Yet many patrons said there was a clublike intimacy about the stores, where, as Bruce Springsteen once put it, “everyone is your friend for 20 minutes.”

Open all year from 9 a.m. to midnight, staffed by hip salespeople who could answer almost any question about recordings, the stores became the haunts of music aficionados scouring endless racks for rock, heavy metal, jazz, blues, standards, classicals, country-westerns and myriad other offerings. Sometimes popular bands and singers performed in the stores.

No lie, I loved Tower Records, and it was a shame to see it go.

Also, someone please photoshop Le Happy Merchant holding an LP, TIA.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2018, 10:00:17 PM »
+5
Fuck him and fuck Tower Records.

My memories of Tower Records were the stores never having new releases (back when Tuesday night used to mean something), wall-to-wall exorbitantly expensive special boxed sets, and bins upon bins of unwanted vinyl gathering dust. And the average Tower employee. God, they made Comic Book Guy look slim and friendly. Joy Division? Michael Jackson? Metallica? If it wasn't Pink Floyd you could get the fuck out with that electric-twanger garbage that wasn't real music. They were there when Zeppelin played the Armadillo, and you weren't man.   

Then they went and opened one in every strip mall in the country and the bottom fell out.

One more jew who was able to manipulate the boomers into wasting sheckels.

Douglas MacArthur

• Citizen In Good Standing
  • Eat big, live big, leave a giant casket
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »
Sir Roger Bannister, first human to run an official sub-four minute mile and not the subject of Chariots of Fire, dead 88.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/43273249

12 points

Aw. :(

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2018, 07:50:00 AM »
+6
Fuck him and fuck Tower Records.

My memories of Tower Records were the stores never having new releases (back when Tuesday night used to mean something), wall-to-wall exorbitantly expensive special boxed sets, and bins upon bins of unwanted vinyl gathering dust. And the average Tower employee. God, they made Comic Book Guy look slim and friendly. Joy Division? Michael Jackson? Metallica? If it wasn't Pink Floyd you could get the fuck out with that electric-twanger garbage that wasn't real music. They were there when Zeppelin played the Armadillo, and you weren't man.   

Then they went and opened one in every strip mall in the country and the bottom fell out.

One more jew who was able to manipulate the boomers into wasting sheckels.

This and there was no negotiating on those bins of vinyl gathering dust. They'd want $30 for some Frankie Knuckles B side copy. "It'll be worth something, one day, MAAAAAN!" No it won't! It's an instrumental bootleg I want, because it doesn't have the annoying lyrics! (Yes, the bargain bin was a mix of both legit and bootleg records. In theory, I could buy a bootleg record from Tower Records, walk out of the store, down the street and get arrested for selling it to someone else.)

The Boston one was an inner-city shithole infested with blacks who ruined everything and bought nothing. Only one working turntable/pair of headphones, to sample music with, because that's where niggers went to practice their scratching skills, beneath huge fuckoff signs that said "NO SCRATCHING." Since they're destructive apes, they can't even scratch without bouncing the needle. Not to mention, there's no fader and the decks are belt-drive so the whole thing is completely pointless. Meanwhile, there's a guitar center right down the goddamn street where they could go and fuck around with direct drive decks and an actual mixer.

Bonus points go out to the ones who would rip open a new vinyl to ruin, when there was a sample one, right in front of it.

Tower Records is part of why I felt no remorse in buying a digital controller, converting my whole collection to mp3s and storing my 1200s and TTM away in my mom's basement.

PS; Amazon sells the same needles I used to buy at half the price of Tower Records, even though they're probably way harder to find, now a days.

TLDR; Music rule of thumb: Mourn the deaths of musicians and celebrate the deaths of industry people.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:23:35 AM by blasting_asshole »

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2018, 01:42:12 PM »
+6
Man, it's almost as if your local culture had something to do with the experience in your local store  :umberto:

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 09:03:54 AM »
+3
90s rapper Craig Mack, 46, will no longer be putting flavor in your ear

54 points

Hugh G. Gaines

• Unperson
  • Back To Basics
  • Awards Better dead than red United Statesian You can't know! Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 11:57:51 PM »
+2
From Aran in strug, with love: Stephen Hawking, death-defying perma-crippled physicist and Englishman.

24 points.