;

Author Topic: E/N > How do you deal with bigots in your life?  (Read 2122 times)

Eugene Bullard

E/N > How do you deal with bigots in your life?
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »
+2
After a particularly uncomfortable exchange at a poker game the other day, I've decided I finally need to make this thread. I don't know if it's just that I've run into a lot of bigots lately, or if I'm
Quote from: Blind Pineapple
just more aware of it. I've realized that even though I've made a lot of changes internally over the past several years, there are still too many times when I've found myself too scared to speak out when something bothers me. I'm sure many of you have dealt with things like this, so I'd like to ask for some advice on how you've approached dealing with bigotry in your every day lives. Any advice is welcome, but I am looking for specific advice for the following groups:

1. Co-workers
2. Acquaintances/Random people
3. Close Friends/Family

I'm a straight white male, if that makes a difference.

What a faggot. It's people like this that make work intolerable. People making tasteless jokes is part of life. But this nerd demands that the whole world be his happy PC hugbox.

Maybe he could just not interact with them socially? I'm sure everyone would like that just fine.

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: E/N > How do you deal with bigots in your life?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:35:09 PM »
+2
Regular people do not think this way. My old job was as diverse as you would expect a part-time job in Los Angeles to be. My coworkers were everything from white to Asian to Hispanic to black. No one got offended by stupid jokes and there were times when we talked a lot of shit. Latinos talked shit about blacks, blacks talked shit about Latinos, there was a Filipino who acted black for some reason. We had a white Midwestern supervisor that made fun of everyone and got made fun of. It was all good. All that mattered was that the job got done.

A lot of these racial issues, on both sides, are exaggerated quite a bit. In real life, people generally get along. Only thing was that we all fucking hated working with women because that's where the sensitivities come into play. Things toned down quite a bit when women were on the job.

The way it worked is that you signed up for shifts, usually two people to a shift, and guys usually signed up for shifts with other guys. It was much more fun that way. Some chicks were cool to work with, but you would try to avoid some of the more humorless ones.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:39:35 PM by Spokker »

Carbpoole

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
+3
He should yell about privilege and try to get them fired while telling them that he hopes that they die or kill themselves. Or is that something goons just do on the internet?

accshr

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 01:03:30 AM »
+3
I demand that the Earth's soil be made of eggshells.

Ass Diamond

• Enemy Of The State
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Soldier Wounded in the line of posting. For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Texan The Gentry cold, dead hands TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 01:52:41 PM »
+2
I give biggots the secret handshake and fist bump of course  :colbert:

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »
+5
Quote from: Blind Pineapple
just more aware of it. I've realized that even though I've made a lot of changes internally over the past several years, there are still too many times when I've found myself too scared to speak out when something bothers me. I'm sure many of you have dealt with things like this, so I'd like to ask for some advice on how you've approached dealing with bigotry in your every day lives. Any advice is welcome, but I am looking for specific advice for the following groups:

1. Co-workers
2. Acquaintances/Random people
3. Close Friends/Family

:facepalm:

:razor:

:megatriggered:

One fly brotherfucker

• Unperson
  • Say it to my Face.
  • Awards Prepper Lutheran United Statesian Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Sins of the Puppet Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 09:30:08 PM »
+5
Pfft, doesn't this clown know anything? Tumblr solved this problem years ago:

foreverial tiedup and delitized wow

• Cishet White Male
  • アメリカを再び偉大にしよう
  • Awards Autistic Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous Sasstronaut Faggot Deplorables Killed in the Line of Posting
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »
+1
on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:02 PM

i wonder what happened to this goon

SIG IS WITHIN THE ALLOTTED 600 PIXELS IN HEIGHT

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 06:38:12 PM »
+11
on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:02 PM

i wonder what happened to this goon

he's gone in a murder-suicide. First he killed his lawn, then killed his account.

halal oreos

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »
+5
I thought they had this all sorted out? Anyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi,and you punch Nazis.