The Something Sensitive Forums > Goon Acres

The Feminism Thread

(1/1583) > >>

Kill L. Nigs:
This will be for stories and articles about feminism that manage to hit new lows that don't have anything to do with SA.

I'm for equal rights but I'm thoroughly anti-feminist.  In 1970, you could make a good claim that equality and feminism were joined at the hip but now in 2013 those things are quite divergent.  Modern day feminism is basically a mixture of victimhood, entitlement, naked envy, and barely concealed rage.

In 2013, this was the most annoying year for feminism yet as hundreds of women took it to the 21st century version of the streets, Twitter and Tumblr, to bitch and snip about men and privilege.  Women's rights was talked about not by average women but by obese lumpenproles who are every bit as ugly on the inside as they are on the outside.  Basically they want to the world to suffer because they lack portion control and they took a freshman Gender Studies class.  Nevertheless, the upside (for lols) is that feminists, high off of oppression pyramids and the smug sense of superiority they feel when they talk about "shaming", are currently having huge infighting with other feminists.  In attempts to blame everyone while absolving themselves, tumblr feminists are at each other's throats.  Usually it's over some dumb shit that doesn't concern anyone with gainful employment but here we go:

To start off, here's a little write-up about 2013 feminism at a glance.  Note that there is no HTFU in this article, it's pure SJW bullshit but it is important for the sake of bringing up the discussion of feminist infighting:

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2013/12/year-solidarityisforwhitewomen-and-twitter-feminism/356583/

--- Quote ---In August, Hood Feminism blogger Mikki Kendall started the #solidarityisforwhitewomen hashtag to vent her frustration over the reaction to Hugo Schwyzer's public breakdown on Twitter. Schwyzer, a blogger and former gender studies professor, admitted that he had slept with former students and used his position to silence women of color bloggers. Kendall and others felt that many of the prominent feminist bloggers Schwyzer had worked with — at sites like Feministing and Jezebel — didn't acknowledge his behavior towards feminists of color. "When I launched the hashtag #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen, I thought it would largely be a discussion between people impacted by the latest bout of problematic behavior from mainstream white feminists,"
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---And it has sparked other "airing of grievances" hashtags, including #BlackPowerIsForBlackMen and #NotYourNarrative, the latter started by Rania Khalek and Roqayah Chamseddine and covering Western media's portrayal of Muslim women.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---In December activist and graduate student Suey Park launched #NotYourAsianSidekick an attempt to dismantle "white, hetero, patriarchal, corporate America.”
--- End quote ---

To sum it up, strong womyn of color started calling out white feminists along with the bog standard griping about the patriarchy.

--- Quote ---The debate over Beyoncé's feminism — does the feminism of the Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie verse on on "Flawless" cancel out the anti-feminism of the Mrs. Carter World Tour? — is maybe one of the dumbest things to happen in 2013.
--- End quote ---

No no, Tumblr/Twitter feminism is the dumbest things to happen in 2013.  Basically white wymynysts were ok with saying whatever they wanted about shit but now that other women higher up on the oppression pyramid are starting to take swipes at white feminists, all of a sudden controversies are "dumb."  The Wire, which is part of The Atlantic, is basically a den for upper middle class people, and women by extension, which also by extension are probably white.  Note the dismissive tone that strong womyn of color are fighting back.  While being a white male will get you roasted if you attempt to defend yourself, white wymyn are quite willing to fight back:

--- Quote ---To 'blacken' the name of the work and efforts of white women in the feminist movement and to portray them as the 'enemy' of women of colour is a great disservice not only to white women but also to women in general. In addition, it only serves to further divide women and empower patriarchy and misogyny. Seeing women blame each other for issues related to patriarchy is tragic.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---But, for the most part, I haven’t found Twitter to be a positive experience. And I’m not just talking about harassment from misogynists, I’m talking about the internal shit. The mean girls-style popularity contest so many of those on feminist Twitter engage in. The take-downs, the bullying, the mocking, the defamation, the snide remarks, and the absolutely endless stream of hate.
--- End quote ---

The Wire, again whose audience is likely middle-upper class white women, side with these strong crackers:

--- Quote ---Wilde-Blavatsky is right to argue that some of the attacks against her, and other white feminists, have been extreme and aggressive
--- End quote ---

:goonette: "a bloo bloo!  Why are all of these black womyn talking shit about me!"

Keep in mind that nowhere was it discussed that this bile known as social justice warrior crusading is an extreme and aggressive movement in general.  Maybe they could have done some thinking and realized that screaming about men does more damage to their movement than they realize but nope, it's a bunch of white girls sobbing that Quaneefa isn't impressed with them.  White women these days are the most back pattingest people out there.  What I mean is that they feel that anything they do is worthy of accolades.  This article was bitter tears over the fact that not everyone thinks they are as special as they want others to think of them.

Here's another article: http://www.xojane.com/issues/why-the-ani-difranco-debacle-rings-the-alarm-on-the-divisions-between-black-and-white-women

This kind of reinforces the above article: a black wymynyst goes on a tirade about Ani DiFranco, a white wymynyst who was going to have some kind of retreat in a plantation.

More to come later.

internet culture:

--- Quote ---To 'blacken' the name of the work and efforts of white women in the feminist movement and to portray them as the 'enemy' of women of colour is a great disservice not only to white women but also to women in general. In addition, it only serves to further divide women and empower patriarchy and misogyny. Seeing women blame each other for issues related to patriarchy is tragic.
--- End quote ---
"Ladies, ladies, calm down... we're vilifying and dehumanizing the wrong group!"

OSI:
Feminism is ridiculous and the only person who calls herself a feminist and is worth reading sometimes is Camille Paglia, who I think is seeing the writing on the wall.

Autistic Yankee:
No one in society has more "privilege" than an attractive looking woman.  NO ONE.

An actual "super hot chick" leads an easier life than any son of a millionaire ever will.  It doesn't matter how dumb she is, how incompetent, how boring.  She can do literally anything and get away with it.

The Floridian:

--- Quote from: Lomo Taxual on December 31, 2013, 10:08:24 PM ---No one in society has more "privilege" than an attractive looking woman.  NO ONE.

An actual "super hot chick" leads an easier life than any son of a millionaire ever will.  It doesn't matter how dumb she is, how incompetent, how boring.  She can do literally anything and get away with it.

--- End quote ---

Ever work in a bar/restaurant? This applies there 100%. Just look at it from a management point of view. Are you going to fire the hot chick everyone likes to look at/wants to fuck or the guy who is easily replaceable with 50 resumes collecting dust in the office applying for his position?

Yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version