;

Author Topic: NeoGAF  (Read 32787 times)

Kill L. Nigs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
NeoGAF
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:53:05 PM »
+12
I think someone here described NeoGAF as SA for goons who can't/won't spend the tenbux.

Here's a brief introduction to NeoGAF: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/NeoGAF

For those who don't want to read that entry, NeoGAF is basically SA minus the catladies.  Like SA, NeoGAF is headed up by a conservative leaning guy who panders to the social justice shitwits in order to make a living.  His name is Evilore and he also has an entry at ED: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/EviLore  Having been a NeoGAF member for years, there is some stuff that the article left out but you get the gist: it's a shitty site run by a shitty person who uses the board to make a living.

In many instances, GAF comes off as more pseudointellectual than SA is.  GAF tends to skew younger so you get a lot of community college communists in their late teens and early 20s who believe that redistribution of wealth by force is the only civilized option in society.  They even have troons!

Similar to SA, there is a deep undercurrent of pedophilia, which was caught by gamergate shitlords: http://theralphretort.com/neogaf-pedophile-problem/

Most people at NeoGAF have no real desire to actually play games.  In fact, people who actually play games are pushed into a corner called the Community section and even then, those are just general chat threads.  As a result, every thread is either E/N or D&D type nonsense.  It wasn't always this way.  NeoGAF was always a bit pozzed but in 2010, a small handful of members managed to successfully polarize the community.  They were ironically called the Sane Crew.  Such members included the following:

RiskyChris - your bog standard SJW who basically injected social justice into every conversation.  At first people hated his ass but eventually those people started getting banned.  He got permabanned and is likely posting under an alternative username but he essentially let loose the poz into this site.
Devolution - A mudshark who lived in the Bay Area.  Her calling card was running into every thread pertaining to women and calling everyone who disagreed with her a misogynist.
Shanadeus - A Vietnamese-Swede who was basically a concern troll.  She was a big pseudointellectual who set up honeypot threads.  Bigots would come out of the woodwork and the "Sane Crew" would pounce.
Meus Renaissance - A diminutive black guy who did the  :goonthink: routine.  He was a grown adult who would ask questions you'd expect a 10 year old to ask.

All of these people got permabanned but by the time they got banned, the damage was done and the poz spread like wildfire.  Wrongthinkers got banned or left the site.  The site owner continued to keep his political views until just recently where he decided he could make more money pandering to the social justice crowd.  Of course, he got swept up in the gamergate controversy, where it was revealed that he groped women when on a European vacation.

At any rate, NeoGAF is a huge untapped gold vein of doxxing/laughing at losers potential.  Mostly because goons also have GAF accounts (like Louisgod) but most of them feel emboldened to be a pozzed out retard.  So here are some hits:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919417 - Gaffers spend time debating about the acting credentials of Mo'Nique

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919450 - Some pervert hoping to get some stories about catching a girl jilling herself

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918190 - A circle jerk of friendless losers

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388670 - A tranny thread!

RunForrestRun

• Unperson
    • Awards
Re: NeoGAF
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
+18
I think I'm not ready for another SA.

Online Hate Campaign

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »
+4
NeoGAF somehow tops SA for terrible mechanisms to gate off online communities and foster the feeling of being in an elite group for posting on a shithole message board, instead of 10bux  to register account (Which is at least a decent way for lowtax to eek out some semblance of a living, I guess.) NeoGAF requires a school/isp/work provided email instead of a gmail address, which is somehow supposed to keep out the riff-raff instead of creating a community exclusively of no life college students.  :rolleyes:

bongo bongo

• Unperson
  • Waffen SS
  • MODS=FAGS
  • Awards For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Fuck you, dad! BYOB Wounded in the line of posting. Anonymous Libertarian Scientologist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:48:48 PM »
+1
I have an account on GAF and haven't paid any attn to forum drama to have any real issues with the moderation or shitty posters

it's pretty much a 1:1 copy of Games but you don't have to worry about getting banned for forgetting to hit SHIFT by Kewpuh

not really that bad of a site tbh, most popular places on the web are going to have SJW and transpeople now.

Gas Chamber of Commerce

• Domestic Threat
  • We're fighting for your business.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
+3
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919417 - Gaffers spend time debating about the acting credentials of Mo'Nique

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919450 - Some pervert hoping to get some stories about catching a girl jilling herself

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918190 - A circle jerk of friendless losers

It's like I'm really in GBS!

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Autistic Fuck you, dad! Inshallah! Goon or Ex-Goon You can't know! Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
+9
I have an account on GAF and haven't paid any attn to forum drama to have any real issues with the moderation or shitty posters

it's pretty much a 1:1 copy of Games but you don't have to worry about getting banned for forgetting to hit SHIFT by Kewpuh

not really that bad of a site tbh, most popular places on the web are going to have SJW and transpeople now.

they literally ban people for saying "both sides have their points :)" in the gamergate thread but you've been contrarian about that thread too so w/e.

the place is worse than Tumblr and somehow more hivemindey, even Tumblr allows dissenting cliques. I've honestly had a much, much better time discussing geek-liberalism on Tumblr and offering dissenting views than I've had on Neogaf.

the funny part is, they don't even always take the liberal stance; they basically just circlejerk over whatever the mods and 'elite posters' think and disagreeing = ban. It just so happens that the far-left is the general opinion among e-celebs now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:36:17 AM by internet culture »

SSOUL TRANN

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Plexxed
  • ♪♫ play that tranny card fat white boy ♫♪
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Wounded in the line of posting. old United Statesian Better dead than red Libertarian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Self-loathing The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:42 AM »
+5

they literally ban people for saying "both sides have their points :)" in the gamergate thread but you've been contrarian about that thread too so w/e.

the place is worse than Tumblr and somehow more hivemindey, even Tumblr allows dissenting cliques. I've honestly had a much, much better time discussing geek-liberalism on Tumblr and offering dissenting views than I've had on Neogaf.

the funny part is, they don't even always take the liberal stance; they basically just circlejerk over whatever the mods and 'elite posters' think and disagreeing = ban. It just so happens that the far-left is the general opinion among e-celebs now.
So, just like SA.  I can't handle another SA.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

neat

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »
+23
I've honestly had a much, much better time discussing geek-liberalism on Tumblr and offering dissenting views than I've had on Neogaf.

Meatman

• Polite and boring.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 02:25:12 PM »
+6
It's a pigsty. There's a masturbatory sense of 'we're a community with an inkling of exclusivity' that each and every dipshit thinks lends their godawful opinions credibility, but not a hint of self awareness amongst them. Why even bother liking games when these shits are making it their lifeless job to represent 'gamers'.

Obese and Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • When's the damn game on?
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red cold, dead hands old Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
+14
Thank you for the summary and write up. As a busy sexhaver and full time shitposter I have to schedule my time carefully.

onideus mkII

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
+2

The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here.

how the hell do you register if you can't use gmail or something? wtf?

Meatman

• Polite and boring.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:02:04 PM »
+3

The email address you specified is not suitable for registration at NeoGAF. This may be because it is recognised as a free e-mail address - as stated in the Terms of Service we can not accept registration from free e-mail accounts (such as Hotmail or Gmail). If the address you provided is not a free e-mail account, then it may have been explicitly banned for another reason. If you believe you are receiving this message in error, then please contact the administrator by clicking here.

NeoGAF somehow tops SA for terrible mechanisms to gate off online communities and foster the feeling of being in an elite group for posting on a shithole message board, instead of 10bux  to register account (Which is at least a decent way for lowtax to eek out some semblance of a living, I guess.) NeoGAF requires a school/isp/work provided email instead of a gmail address, which is somehow supposed to keep out the riff-raff instead of creating a community exclusively of no life college students.  :rolleyes:

WTS Intregrity4 Hambeasts

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »
+5
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/10/how_to_end_gamergate_a_divide_and_conquer_plan.2.html

NeoGAF is melting down over this Slate article which brings light to its little pedophile problem. They're deleting all mentions of it outside the GamerGate thread. They also deleted the pedophile thread, much to the disgust of its users.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136333072&postcount=1984

Can't a man talk about fucking children, while in the company of children, in peace? Curse you GamerGate!

Gboon

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:10 PM »
+6
What the expected result of the pedophile sympathy thread was : pedophiles can't control their urges, but are still a massive danger/risk to children, do they deserve some sympathy, blah blah blah.

What they actually got in the pedophile sympathy thread : pedophiles rationalizing their behavior and/or pulling the "I'm not a pedo but I'm an Ephebophile" shit, and shit. And shit like below :

That guy is specifically not banned, Neogaf's way of identifying banned users is greyed out name and no avatar :

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:41:24 PM by Gboon »

Danish Plastic Bigotry

• Cishet White Male
  • YOU WAN PUSSY? FORRY BAHT
  • Awards Generation Identitaire
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
+7
 :unparsons: Heh, now that that's out of the way, on the (completely unrelated) flipside, what do you guys think about those forums out there where teenagers throw out their sexy snapchats to me all willy nilly?

What do you guys think of them? (sounds of heavy breathing)

RunForrestRun

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 09:55:33 PM »
+8
What the expected result of the pedophile sympathy thread was : pedophiles can't control their urges, but are still a massive danger/risk to children, do they deserve some sympathy, blah blah blah.

What they actually got in the pedophile sympathy thread : pedophiles rationalizing their behavior and/or pulling the "I'm not a pedo but I'm an Ephebophile" shit, and shit. And shit like below :

That guy is specifically unbanned, Neogaf's way of identifying banned users is greyed out name and no avatar :

I like how these types are always like "but they want it too", because you know 12,13,14 etc. year olds are the very voice of reason and not easily suggestible/easy to manipulate at all. That's an age where they got crazy hormonal things going on and sometimes have crushes on fictional TV characters and shit. Also people of that age crave attention and validation, even more so when their social enviroment/home is shitty/broken. When they get showered with attention by some 30+ year old star trek/anime fan who's intentions they don't really understand because of lack of life experience, of course they're easy to manipulate into doing things they might think themselves they want. Hell, they might even think they're in love or some shit. There's still no justification to start anything with a person that age, because they simply aren't mentally on the same level as you and your level of interaction with them has a huge influence on their behavior, as you're basically overwhelming them mentally with their limited lifespan and experience. There's even an expression for this: grooming. That's why most countries where something like "16" is legal, there are huge IFs and BUTs attached. These fuckers run into that realization many, many times at the point the parents find out, and when it goes to court they're usually utterly fucked. Mostly these laws (in western countries which have such relatively low ages of consent) are formulated that way to avoid situations where a 19 year old becomes a sex offender for fucking a 17 year old, but they are rarely to be interpreted in a way that makes it ok for 30+ year old goon to have his way with some 14 year old boy and courts basically never decide in the creeps favour. People go to jail for this in countries where the official age of consent is 14 regularily, because in their specific situation it turned out to be illegal after all. If they realized or were deluded enough to interpret the law how they wanted doesn't matter to the application of the law.

I do agree that people who wanna fuck "developed" underage people are mentally something different to people who wanna stick their dick into five year olds and the mental process is probably something vastly different between these two groups. That doesn't make them less creepy or scummy for doing so and they're still fucked up deviants.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:58:28 PM by RunForrestRun »

Sum Beezy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:16 PM »
+3
So, NeoGaf is what would happen if SA stopped hiding it's pedophilic tendencies. Got it.

We both saw the confession threads on SA, they're not hiding shit.

Monostats Infected Scrotum

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Permanent Resident Of The Comedy Gas Chamber
  • Awards old Deplorables Fuck you, dad! Scrooge United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 10:38:36 PM »
+5
:unparsons: Heh, now that that's out of the way, on the (completely unrelated) flipside, what do you guys think about those forums out there where teenagers throw out their sexy snapchats to me all willy nilly?

What do you guys think of them? (sounds of heavy breathing)

These perverts sound like they need their balls cut off with a rusty knife.
The greatest power you have is the power of yourself. If you give that up willingly? You Become Goon.

onideus mkII

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
+2

doh  :gapo: maybe i should try reading. Well thats lame as hell, I wanna register but no friggen way am I using a WORK email. Dey outta dem minds :friedchicken:

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:44 AM »
+3
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2014/10/how_to_end_gamergate_a_divide_and_conquer_plan.2.html

For liberal-faggot zine slate, that's a pretty well reasoned article: Want to stop gamergate? Stop giving them a reason to exist and giving them ammo.
Let me know when the next SASS spinoff starts.

SSOUL TRANN

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Plexxed
  • ♪♫ play that tranny card fat white boy ♫♪
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Wounded in the line of posting. old United Statesian Better dead than red Libertarian Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon Self-loathing The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 03:16:47 AM »
+6

That guy is specifically unbanned, Neogaf's way of identifying banned users is greyed out name and no avatar :

I like how these types are always like "but they want it too", because you know 12,13,14 etc. year olds are the very voice of reason and not easily suggestible/easy to manipulate at all. That's an age where they got crazy hormonal things going on and sometimes have crushes on fictional TV characters and shit. Also people of that age crave attention and validation, even more so when their social enviroment/home is shitty/broken. When they get showered with attention by some 30+ year old star trek/anime fan who's intentions they don't really understand because of lack of life experience, of course they're easy to manipulate into doing things they might think themselves they want. Hell, they might even think they're in love or some shit. There's still no justification to start anything with a person that age, because they simply aren't mentally on the same level as you and your level of interaction with them has a huge influence on their behavior, as you're basically overwhelming them mentally with their limited lifespan and experience. There's even an expression for this: grooming. That's why most countries where something like "16" is legal, there are huge IFs and BUTs attached. These fuckers run into that realization many, many times at the point the parents find out, and when it goes to court they're usually utterly fucked. Mostly these laws (in western countries which have such relatively low ages of consent) are formulated that way to avoid situations where a 19 year old becomes a sex offender for fucking a 17 year old, but they are rarely to be interpreted in a way that makes it ok for 30+ year old goon to have his way with some 14 year old boy and courts basically never decide in the creeps favour. People go to jail for this in countries where the official age of consent is 14 regularily, because in their specific situation it turned out to be illegal after all. If they realized or were deluded enough to interpret the law how they wanted doesn't matter to the application of the law.

I do agree that people who wanna fuck "developed" underage people are mentally something different to people who wanna stick their dick into five year olds and the mental process is probably something vastly different between these two groups. That doesn't make them less creepy or scummy for doing so and they're still fucked up deviants.
That sure is an :888: about pedos that I ain't reading.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

RunForrestRun

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 04:02:55 AM »
+10

oops, made the mistake of caring about something on a forum about a forum, my bad

Got Milk?

• Unperson
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon 420 Anglican Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 06:14:42 AM »
+5

oops, made the mistake of caring

Why don't you go back the care-a-lot, faggot.

marlon perkins

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »
+14
kill all pedophiles regardless 
"In the end, I believe that prosperity allows more room for people to bellyache.
, Sterling G Mace"

posting ironically

• Domestic Threat
  • A cool guy
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
+11
Shamelessly stolen from the NeoFAG Reddit:

Lowtax is pretty bad, but at least he's not likely to take a life other than his own, not sure I'd say that about Evilore.