;

Author Topic: Speaking Truth to Power: Stand-up Comedy in Trump's America  (Read 7949 times)

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: Speaking Truth to Power: Stand-up Comedy in Trump's America
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 11:32:18 PM »
+7
I'm not sure if this belongs in the comedy thread or the Hollywood thread but zero of the comedy writers from Animaniacs(including the writer who created the series) have been asked back to the netflix reboot. In fact it's the opposite, they've been stonewalled. You're also getting maybe 3-4 members of the original cast while the other dozen voice actors/actresses have also experienced the same thing.

Apparently the guy who voiced Skippy the Squirrel was the son of the creator and he's starting a petition or whatever to get answers. The people who they have all been replaced with both writers and actors are of questionable talent and from what's been gathered have a political axe to grind.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:34:57 PM by a torrent of piss »

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2018, 06:33:21 AM »
+16
Thanks for posting a link, faggot

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 06:47:20 AM »
+5
Seconding the eyeroll. Just about every shitlib cliche about gun ownership is represented here. Ofc it's presented to hoots and applause from the audience, since it's the comedienne playing to the audiences biases. Also loving the timely Terminator 2 reference towards the end of the set. Garbage.

I like the notion that somehow going mental and attacking the animal with YOUR BARE HANDS while screaming like a lunatic and causing immense mental and physical stress and possible injury to the animal and yourself is somehow more humane than a clean shot half a mile away which causes no pain and suffering to your target.

:jesse:
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:51 AM »
+1
Stephanie is a trash bag ho

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know! Futurist
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 08:16:13 AM »
+8
Stephanie is a trash bag ho

Just like your mom, what a coincidence

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:08 AM »
+7
Seconding the eyeroll. Just about every shitlib cliche about gun ownership is represented here. Ofc it's presented to hoots and applause from the audience, since it's the comedienne playing to the audiences biases. Also loving the timely Terminator 2 reference towards the end of the set. Garbage.

I like the notion that somehow going mental and attacking the animal with YOUR BARE HANDS while screaming like a lunatic and causing immense mental and physical stress and possible injury to the animal and yourself is somehow more humane than a clean shot half a mile away which causes no pain and suffering to your target.

No silly. The joke is that humans are supposed to be like the hunters of yore, and not use guns to kill their prey. They are supposed to use their hands. Just like the indians did! . . . . . wait. . ... . a bow and arrow? What?

That whole thing was so awful I can't believe I sat through the entire thing.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Motorcyclist Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • *sips*
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' Deutscher 420
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:50 AM »
+4
I'm not sure if this belongs in the comedy thread or the Hollywood thread but zero of the comedy writers from Animaniacs(including the writer who created the series) have been asked back to the netflix reboot. In fact it's the opposite, they've been stonewalled. You're also getting maybe 3-4 members of the original cast while the other dozen voice actors/actresses have also experienced the same thing.

Apparently the guy who voiced Skippy the Squirrel was the son of the creator and he's starting a petition or whatever to get answers. The people who they have all been replaced with both writers and actors are of questionable talent and from what's been gathered have a political axe to grind.

Netflix doesn't want potentially ~*problematic*~ people to make their shows? Whoda thunk.
"Baldur's Gate, now that was a good RPG. Yep."

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »
+7

Netflix doesn't want potentially ~*problematic*~ people to make their shows? Whoda thunk.
This era they are trying to color wash old IPs. As we can see with Star Wars and Marvel comics it doesn’t work because people hate it.
His name was Harry Anderson

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »
+1

No silly. The joke is that humans are supposed to be like the hunters of yore, and not use guns to kill their prey. They are supposed to use their hands. Just like the indians did! . . . . . wait. . ... . a bow and arrow? What?

That whole thing was so awful I can't believe I sat through the entire thing.

Bows and crossbows are banned in many areas because they're deemed inhumane or can be fired far too easily from a vehicle to poach game without attracting attention.

Really the only time I would say bows are superior is when it comes to bird hunting. Bird shot takes too long to clean out of your kill, while an arrow is much easier.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:23:09 PM by a torrent of piss »

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »
+3
 :facepalm:

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
+5
:facepalm:

Hey you try cleaning bird shot out of a carcass, shit takes forever. You're not getting a nice roast like you would from a store, it all looks like pulled chicken.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
+12
*snooty parisian french accent* your exploded quail, sir. *sneers frenchly*

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
+1
And the fucking queen cunt of a park ranger told us that you're not allowed to hunt fucking moose with an oversized crossbow from your truck. I was pissed because the last time we hunted moose the fucker fell into a bog and we had to chainsaw that motherfucker because there was no way in hell we could carry the carcass out intact. The hunting knife couldn't even cut through the hide it was so thick.

My plan was perfect the area had too many natural barriers and the spot was away from any major bodies of water and all we needed to do was fire down at it from the vehicle. I spent two weeks contructing it.

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
+2
I was making the point that she acted like real hunters killed animals with their bare hands and the white people who use guns to kill animals from a far distance aren't really hunters, with her forgetting that Indians used bows and arrows to kill animals. She was just trying to get a dig in on STRAIGHT WHITE MALES!!!  :ultlibrage:

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2018, 03:36:11 PM »
+4
And the fucking queen cunt of a park ranger told us that you're not allowed to hunt fucking moose with an oversized crossbow from your truck. I was pissed because the last time we hunted moose the fucker fell into a bog and we had to chainsaw that motherfucker because there was no way in hell we could carry the carcass out intact. The hunting knife couldn't even cut through the hide it was so thick.

My plan was perfect the area had too many natural barriers and the spot was away from any major bodies of water and all we needed to do was fire down at it from the vehicle. I spent two weeks contructing it.

seems legit

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »
+1
I fuck everything I kill  :colbert:
His name was Harry Anderson

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:26 AM »
WTF is wrong with Silverman's body? She has no hips. Is it because she's standing funny?
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:37 AM »
+3
This is what's considered illegal to hunt a 2 ton animal with.

Those tree hugging fucks are oppressing my ancestral heritage. Having a 6 foot long bolt is perfectly fucking humane, it would kill the game instantly. It would crush through all the layers of flesh and bone, it wouldn't even know what hit it.

Gas Chamber of Commerce

• Enemy Of The State
  • We're fighting for your business.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2018, 02:19:44 AM »
+19
WTF is wrong with Silverman's body? She has no hips. Is it because she's standing funny?
she can't even stand funny

Obese-n-Triggered

• Cishet White Male
  • Quick Robin, to the Golden Corral!
  • Awards Sasstronaut Fucked a lesbian Boy Scout old cold, dead hands Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2018, 01:26:42 AM »
+3
*snooty parisian french accent* your exploded quail, sir. *sneers frenchly*

Your quote makes me think of this sketch:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEHqwLVvpI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVEHqwLVvpI</a>

Smello

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2018, 01:34:46 AM »
+9
ATOP I wanna take a ride in your crossbow truck please.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2018, 04:59:46 AM »
+6
Ballistae hunting with atop.

Junkers Ju 888

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2018, 05:10:13 PM »
+3
Ballistae hunting with atop.

Would like and subscribe.

Pretty Sneaky Cis

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous United Statesian Drinkin' and Postin' old You can't know! Scrooge Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
+1
I fuck everything I kill  :colbert:

And vice versa.