;

Author Topic: James Damore Sues Google  (Read 3593 times)

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Ambien posting Jesuit Fucked a lesbian Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
James Damore Sues Google
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:44:04 AM »
+12
I was surprised we don't have a thread already tbh

Everyone remembers James Damore, right?  The Google engineer w/ post-grad work in systems biology at MIT and Harvard? The one who wrote an internal memo as his response to an effectively-mandatory inclusivity and bias prevention workshop?  The memo that plainly stated his belief that women might not be as interested in tech due to biological differences and preferences, which the media interpreted to mean "women are less capable"?

He and another former Google employee, David Gudeman, filed a class action complaint against Google today.

Here is the complaint in full: https://www.scribd.com/document/368688363/James-Damore-vs-Google-Class-Action-Lawsuit#from_embed

Lets parse through it and laugh

Posts by Google Senior Vice Presidents

David Drummond is Google's Chief Legal Officer

Urs Holzle is Google's SVP of Technical Infrastructure and its 8th employee

Posts by Google's Team/Unit/Business Managers

Posts by Googlers

From the Complaint

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:30:19 AM by POST FRANK »

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: James Damore Class Action
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:23:06 AM »
+18
Is this a company or a religious cult?

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
Re: James Damore Sues Google
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:39:33 AM »
+10
I forgot to include my personal favorite

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:28:25 AM »
+28
This is the company that literally controls the flow of information on the entire planet. Honestly, we should be more scared.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
Re: James Damore Class Action
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:47:39 AM »
+14
His name was Harry Anderson

POST FRANK

• Cishet White Male
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:36:58 AM »
+14

:tom::tom::tom:

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Texan Better dead than red cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 12:14:20 PM »
+22
This is the company that literally controls the flow of information on the entire planet. Honestly, we should be more scared.

This. Just these snippets had me going

:smug: -> :tuss: -> :stare: -> :stonk:

You know how Leftists are constantly labeling things "violent" and "dangerous" and shit? This is dangerous.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:18:47 PM »
+12
So it turns out that there are active forces intentionally trying to keep white conservatives down.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 12:20:33 PM »
+13
So it turns out

If you needed Damore's firing and lawsuit to confirm that you haven't been paying attention to Clown World at all.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 12:24:18 PM »
+6
So it turns out that there are active forces intentionally trying to keep white conservatives down.
Was that ever in doubt?
His name was Harry Anderson

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
+6
Was that ever in doubt?
Well it's nice to have confirmation, now I want the shit on Google about them bullying other companies to comply with their insane standards or they wouldn't get the benefit of google.

blakks are not very cool

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
+12
I read the suit and all the screenshots of internal discussion yesterday. I'm fucking bewildered at the quantity and intensity of the shitlib poz. I have no doubt that anyone at google with non-leftist beliefs felt like it was a hostile environment. The majority is literally out to get them. The few conservative / non-leftists that tried to speak up were always instantly shut down.

Read the complaint and the specific examples and quotes they use.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 12:44:16 PM »
+18
This really sounds like something that should go to the Supreme Court, this isn't just a small workplace incident. This is a company with a heavy ideological slant that also has vast control over information. This is something that threatens free speech.

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »
+7
My gut feeling is that it's just going to be settled out of court. It's easy to make problems go away by simply tossing money at it.

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 02:59:00 PM »
+9
My gut feeling is that it's just going to be settled out of court. It's easy to make problems go away by simply tossing money at it.

I could see Google fighting it because RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY we ain't payin' no bigots

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables old Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 03:32:12 PM »
+12
As I very much hoped it would and lukewarmly predicted, the weapons that were used to tear down Conservative institutions in the 70s, 80s, and 90s are now being turned -- for the first time ever -- on Left Wing institutions.  One of those very potent weapons was the lawsuit.  The lawsuit throws the doors to your company open so that tons of embarrassing shit can be made public.  It generates a shit ton of bad PR, creates stigmas, and whips up public support for the regulation and punishment of your business.  I can't wait to see the e-mails that get revealed as a result of this.  This is one of what I have termed the "pulling back the curtain" moments that I have wet dream fantastized happening to the Left.  It is decades overdue and there's much more to come.  It's only a matter of time.  It might be 30 years or more, but every institution from Big Data to Hollywood to academia is going to have its hugely embarrassing moment in the sun, the same way that the military, big tobacco, and all of America's heavy industries all have had their embarrassing moments in the sun. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 03:34:21 PM by Handyman »

[HEAD NIGGER OF STRUG] anti-Semitic graphs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Inshallah! Fascist Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 03:40:30 PM »
+4

I could see Google fighting it because RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY we ain't payin' no bigots
I'm sure overall they're ofc going to value profits over ideology because their profit is what secured them this position of being able to enforce their insane ideology so strongly. It would be awesome to see Trump call them out on this, though.

edit: lol http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/09/googles-new-fact-check-feature-almost-exclusively-targets-conservative-sites/

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red cold, dead hands Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 03:59:27 PM »
+11
Wanna hurt Google?

Use Brave. Set your default search engine to Duck Duck Go. Check out Basic Attention Token, which is the brainchild of Internet genius and notorious hater of gays Brendan Eich. If it takes off, Google will lose a ridiculous amount of money.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
+7
Yes but Tucker Carlson has been raging about it.

I don't think it's going to go away.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »
+6
Google doesn't have to care about spending money, so there's no incentive for them to settle. They'll fight this one out to the bitter end, then if they lose they'll try to figure out ways to low-key keep doing the same stuff.

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »
+10
Google doesn't have to care about spending money, so there's no incentive for them to settle. They'll fight this one out to the bitter end, then if they lose they'll try to figure out ways to low-key keep doing the same stuff.

When the Damore memo originally leaked, Google employees couldn't help but publicly chimp out for all the world to see.  The company may try to be low key, but the hundreds of shrieking idiots they have on staff certainly won't be.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 06:17:28 PM »
+11

When the Damore memo originally leaked, Google employees couldn't help but publicly chimp out for all the world to see.  The company may try to be low key, but the hundreds of shrieking idiots they have on staff certainly won't be.

Fox is covering the story tonight and it's titled how google is racist and sexist against white male conservatives.

If you want a vision of the future imagine millions of ron pauls cascading down upon millions of other ron pauls. It's happenings all the way down.

Hylock Goyshekel, Esq

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »
+9
I've always found Google to be an incredibly obnoxious company (I suppose that's par for the course in Silicon Valley), but they've sank so deep into their repulsive postmodern orgy that they quest to subvert and redefine every societal paradigm to reflect their "toxic" (in their own words) hatred of anything resembling classic western society - and as Assange put it in his book about the company:

"Google’s colorful, playful logo is imprinted on human retinas just under six billion times each day, 2.1 trillion times a year—an opportunity for respondent conditioning enjoyed by no other company in history."

We're in uncharted territory, my friends. Don't forget Google's tentacles reach far deep into the US gubment, as well.

This. Just these snippets had me going

:smug: -> :tuss: -> :stare: -> :stonk:

You know how Leftists are constantly labeling things "violent" and "dangerous" and shit? This is dangerous.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 07:12:46 PM »
+18
the level of unprofessionalism and banter that gets freely thrown around, like deliberately naming and calling people 'shitheels', on an internal company network is amazing. this really doesn't look good at all for google, and reading through those posts i don't think it's going to be very hard to convince a judge or jury that there's a hostile work environment.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
+8
Google needs to go the way of Standard Oil, at least.