;

Author Topic: TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry  (Read 649901 times)

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420
    • Awards
Re: TVIV and CineD: dens of absolute faggotry
« Reply #3675 on: March 15, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »
+5
I knew something was up in regards to Transparent when I saw little to zero billboard advertising for the 4th season in Los Angeles.

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards TNE Veteran Rethuglikkkan Soldier For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Texan Wounded in the line of posting. The Gentry cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #3676 on: May 12, 2018, 06:49:25 AM »
+5
This is why you never, ever trust the SciFi channel  :facepalm:

The Expanse Canceled after 3 Seasons on SYFY: http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/

The good news is the series is owner-financed, apparently this time 'round Syfy only had first presentation rights, meaning that its portability is 100% turnkey. I'm pretty sure this situation is going to have a better outcome than past Syfy axe jobs.

So you broke ass niggas over there on the board of this channel keep complaining you ain't got money for shit. Well if you keep pissing off your viewers you're never gonna have money!

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3677 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:08 AM »
+9
You shouldn't have trusted SyFy after they changed their name to SyFy to appeal to women.
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #3678 on: May 12, 2018, 04:47:19 PM »
+2

The Expanse Canceled after 3 Seasons on SYFY: http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/

The good news is the series is owner-financed, apparently this time 'round Syfy only had first presentation rights, meaning that its portability is 100% turnkey. I'm pretty sure this situation is going to have a better outcome than past Syfy axe jobs.

So you broke ass niggas over there on the board of this channel keep complaining you ain't got money for shit. Well if you keep pissing off your viewers you're never gonna have money!

so now it'll go to netflix or maybe youtube red after they had huge success with cobra kai and it'll go full m for mature

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #3679 on: May 12, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
+1

so now it'll go to netflix or maybe youtube red after they had huge success with cobra kai and it'll go full m for mature

I think it's going to go to Amazon.

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Italian Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut cold, dead hands Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #3680 on: May 12, 2018, 07:19:02 PM »
+1

I think it's going to go to Amazon.

apparently it's already a "netflix original" outside of the US, so I'd bet on netflix

Turd Ferguson

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #3681 on: May 12, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
+9
Livid Liquid. Dude totally pozzed out, started a youtube show called Sofa Justice Warriors, decided he was a troon.

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3682 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:16 PM »
+10
lol at the idea that you can't even make a joke about a fake disorder

i guess that's the same kind of thinking that makes video game violence too real for soft faggots
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #3683 on: May 13, 2018, 06:40:21 AM »
+7
The joke is that its an absurd condition which should have no effect on his life but does affect him because he's constantly being thrust into outlandish situations where it comes into play.  Its your bog standard setup -> punchline joke.  The condition is the setup.  The punchline is when the condition ruins his nude modeling career or his colonoscopy or whatever.

:jesse:

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus! Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #3684 on: May 13, 2018, 08:11:29 AM »
+17
Ah, the typical "reasonable" SJW perspective--"I'm not offended because this thing is offensive, gosh no. I'm for freeze peach just like you! I'm offended simply because it's not funny."
:negress:

Also expect a lot more SA troons and their "allies" getting shrill about AD when new episodes come out because the show commited the unforgivable crime of not firing and memoryholing Tambor after the Transparent shit. There will be a lot of blather about how unfunny and horrible this season is.

adolf spacey

• Enemy Of The State
  • $10 Richer
    • Awards
« Reply #3685 on: May 13, 2018, 07:25:20 PM »
+20
The entire social justice movement becoming a massive parody of itself where itís members are stratified based on their race, sex etc. and where they are all obsessed with social approval is meta and fucking funny. What if SA actually never changed and this is the greatest prank they ever pulled?
The fact that I never gave Lowtax my money is a personal point of pride for me.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3686 on: May 13, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »
+4
Imagine trying to interact with that on a normal basis. Although he's probably too much of a pussy to ever say that to someone.

Got Soylent?

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Canuck Wounded in the line of posting. Boy Scout 420 Goon or Ex-Goon Anglican
    • Awards
« Reply #3687 on: May 14, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
+3
I was so happy they didn't memory hole a bunch of shit when they remixed AD Season 4. I was kind of bracing myself for it. Now that I know people were butthurt over it I'm even happier.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:56:45 AM by Got Soylent? »

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3688 on: June 23, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
+10
Caught this in TVIV when checking out the thread about Lucifer.

Quote from: wormil
Honestly I feel the same way. It can be good, but they really need to almost reboot. Someone needs to sit down and figure out what Chloe is, who she is, what she looks like, where they want her to go, and how Lucifer fits into her story. Because that character has been all over the place, her makeup changes, her personality changes, her wardrobe style changes. Turn Dan back into a man. Make Mazikeen fun again. Make Lucifer the punisher of sin again. Stop forgetting that Trixie exists, (when people have kids, those kids are a constant part of their lives). Recast Ella or get Aimee Garcia acting lessons. Make Amenadiel less whiny. Basically fix all the watered down or aimless characters.

!

Quote from: ElCondemn
Can you clarify what you mean by, "Turn Dan back into a man"? Seems like a weird criticism.

It's not weird at all. I do not know nor have I met any grown man, especially not a police officer, that acts the way Dan acts. And don't ask me how Dan acts, if you watch the show, you know how he acts.

Quote from: ElCondemn
It is a weird criticism, there are lots of men who act like him. You just have a problem with that behavior, luckily the show creators are a bit more enlightened about gender roles.

Some pretty gross hate speech there. Another brave soul chimes in on this non-character pussy.

Quote from: sassassin
Dan is a crooked detective and a divorced father and yet he's a frictionless presence who has no impact on the main cast, and his storylines could have been lifted from old One Tree Hill episodes with 'high school' and 'basketball' crossed out for 'police station' and 'improv'.

And not even good One Tree Hill storylines. Like the stuff the geeky announcer kid got 4 seasons in where they gave him a super hot girlfriend as a reward for being loyal to the production.

Shifts into full on bigot mode!

How about we turn this around. Instead of you risking nothing by simply criticizing whatever I post ... you tell me why the Dan character is a positive male role model and why the producers are gender role enlightened for creating him.

My father taught me a number of positive traits like charity, resilience, assertiveness, compassion, respect, duty, taking care of family, etc.; that exemplify being a "man." I don't pretend to be all those things but it seems internet culture has twisted this idea because being a "man" is now apparently a bad thing because it somehow damages women when in reality it has nothing to do with women. So the guys on television are now a bunch of wishy washy man babies. So I don't think the problem is that you have no idea what it means but that you want, or have been taught, to believe that thinking in terms of gender is wrong. It isn't. Gender isn't a bad thing.

Gets full on brigaded at this point with a couple of people never seen in the thread before, oddly enough.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #3689 on: July 22, 2018, 07:16:41 AM »
+6
Something Awful vs. KotakuInAction

SA: "We personally hate that Gunn got fired, but gleefully support the idea of firing people for making bad jokes online!"

KiA: "We personally love that Gunn got fired, but oppose the idea of firing people for making bad jokes online!"

Quote from: Krankenstyle
My friend pointed out that Disney still employs Johnny Depp who is demonstrably a shittier person than Gunn

Quote from: Safeword
I am really uncomfortable with this growing idea that someone should go unpunished because the wrong people raised the issue, or that we should ignore X because Y has yet to be punished.

Quote from: DC Murderverse
It should also be remembered that weíre only about 6 months past Disney punishing a Sportscenter anchor for criticizing Donald Trump on Twitter, which happened before Roseanneís reboot even started, let alone her firing. This was pushed by the same sorts of people, although that one ended up going all the way to Trump himself because Donald Trump loves to publicly criticize black women.

This is another shot in a broader culture war. We have to decide whether we want to win at the cost of sometimes doing the wrong thing, or we want to always do the right thing, at the cost of occasionally losing battles to an opponent who has no concerns about what is right or wrong. And unfortunately, the battleground is a corporatist structure with no concerns other than financial ones, which puts doing the right thing at an inherent disadvantage because money has no morals.

Quote from: I, Butthole
As a straight white guy

Not quoting this guy in full, but lol at being too afraid to post a fucking opinion without some absurd equivocation.

Quote from: Taintrunner
Doing what a rapist wants is uh, supporting them. Youíre literally sitting here typing ďit doesnít matter if itís actual rapist Mike Cernovich with a long history of making poo poo up that has led to actual violence against innocent bystanders, we have to take it seriously.Ē

Which is precisely what actual rapist Cernovich wants, that legitimacy, no matter what level of scum you acknowledge him as. And youíre giving it to him, after his bullshit has led to a loving pizza parlor getting shot up.

Now heís going to keep digging and making poo poo up and causing more shitshows because he got precisely the result he wanted, while still being an outspoken pro-surprise sex rapist that will face no consequences for it.

Iím not discussing poo poo. Iím telling you precisely what is happening here.

A lot of reeeeeeing about Cernovich.  A LOT.

Quote from: Sodomy Hussein
Put simply, what you should be focusing your attention on is that Twitter is allowing the extremist psychopaths you're actually worried about to flourish virtually unchecked on its platform.

By supporting a naked attempt to ruin someone's career for purely political reasons (Mike Cernovich 100% does not care about surprise sex and saying lovely gross things), you've become the textbook definition of a useful idiot.

-

Context matters, and if you don't know the context of the topic, your opinion on it doesn't matter beyond its usefulness to someone else's agenda.

Context being, in this case, who read and reported the tweets.  That's how context works, right guys?

Quote from: Groovelord Neato
it actually does make a huge difference that this was already brought up six years ago and that itís now being brought up because two guys who defended an actual child predator want to punish a person mocking their emperor daddy.

I'm not supporting Mike, and have said that he deserves to have lost far more than anyone else. However, just because I hate Mike does not mean I will absolve Gunn of his vile, "just words" remarks. I'm also disheartened you're telling me I can't care about what people are saying because there are worse problems - guess what, I hate Twitter! I think it needs a tighter, stronger method of policing. This doesn't mean I can care solely about the company's higher-ups.

As I also said, Mike was not the original source for me either. When a member of the alt right speaks up against, say, Roseanne (generally on the basis of her gender and build...) am I free to disregard her flaws and focus solely on the Redditor?

Painting it as black and white, Support A Rapist versus Don't Support A Rapist, is misleading and more than a touch disgusting.

Quote from: Sodomy Hussein
Not caring where you get your information from, for what purpose you are getting it, and finding it unfair that anyone else thinks that matters, makes you an extremely useful idiot.

Everything is rear end-backwards. James Gunn suffering for things he said ten years ago, apologized for at that time, and apparently deleted years ago, is overriding your ability to consider any context. Mike Cernovich will continue digging for deleted tweets, since he now knows he's got a solid shot at ruining anyone at Disney in 12 hours flat by organizing. That Mike is pro-surprise sex and that you can't distinguish his every-day message from Gunn's old, deleted tweets will apparently never matter to Twitter or YouTube corporate. The entertainment industry is under his thumb.

And you're worried about making sure Mike gets his way. There hasn't been "justice" here; Gunn didn't surprise sex, molest, or harass anybody, or commit any other crime. He and everyone in Hollywood just have to know that saying something tasteless ever means their job, even if they've deleted and publicly disavowed their comments.

Quote from: Ghost Leviathan
If the alt-right is running a victory lap, I don't think anybody else really should really be calling this a victory.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical here, but it seems the reason he became a "better person" is because he realised how cushy the Guardians stuff would have been, rather than an innate need to reflect on his past. I'm willing to eat my words on that if he has been genuinely progressive in other areas since, however.

:adam:

Quote from: Conclusions
He's quite vocally anti-Trump Administration (which seems to have kicked the hornet's nest in the first place) which should give you an idea of his morals.

Quote from: Karloff
I think this firing is a bad move for reasons that others in this thread have already outlined, and Disney might begin to worry whether this may cause them trouble in future when an on-screen talent is found to have made some lovely joke for attention - which will happen - and they are pressured to make the same decision. They're already taking hits for their working relationship with Johnny Depp (as they should be), as now every person who visits Disney World has to go past an incredibly lifelike animatronic re-creation of a domestic abuser each time they go on a Pirate Boat ride.

Once again the challenge here is that the left have moral standards and the right seem to not. As an amorphous political blob the left are always in the midst of a complex conversation and negotiation of what is and isn't acceptable, which is good because this is how growth happens. But, it also means the right can throw an attack on one of their prominent critics in a way that can't be used in reverse, because, gently caress they don't care, they got a racist, psychopathic rapist into office and are happy about it. It's the modern cultural equivalent of when a villain in a movie endangers innocent people so that they can get away..

Quote from: Pirate Jet
Don't turn a discussion about the nature of forgiveness and terrifying new methods of disingenuous activism into another arena for you to complain you can't make surprise sex jokes, you worthless idiot.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #3690 on: July 22, 2018, 09:43:32 AM »
+5
The word filter makes this exchange 100% better.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3691 on: July 22, 2018, 11:30:24 AM »
+4
They should have fired Kathleen Kennedy or Ryan Johnson.

Gunn was at least competent as a director and writer.

This was all tit for tat for firing Rosanne Barr. Stuff like this is going to continue until both sides are tired or there's no one else to fire.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:33:08 AM by a torrent of piss »

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! cold, dead hands Better dead than red Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3692 on: July 22, 2018, 11:32:21 AM »
+8

When a member of the alt right speaks up against, say, Roseanne (generally on the basis of her gender and build...)

This goon really has the Alt-Right figured out. Of course those Nazi hatemongers would call her a fat cunt and not, you know, a loud annoying Jew. It's always straight for the weight remarks, yessiree.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

The Trumpriarch

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables United Statesian Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #3693 on: July 22, 2018, 12:09:42 PM »
+4

Isn't Kathleen Kennedy on the way out?
cry "bigot!" and let slip the troons of war

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #3694 on: July 22, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »
+2

Isn't Kathleen Kennedy on the way out?
By September if the rumors are true.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:43:01 PM by The Watcher »
His name was Harry Anderson

Diamond Dallas Page

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #3695 on: July 22, 2018, 06:44:30 PM »
+8
A lot of reeeeeeing about Cernovich.  A LOT.

They hate him so much because he's one of the first people on the right to figure out how to turn the Alinsky playbook against them effectively.

Sassy Gay Y-Wing Pilot

• Person Of Interest
  • This is Walter.
    • Awards
« Reply #3696 on: July 26, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »
+3
Hey anyone catch that Netflix Original Series Fauda and notice anything about it ?

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
Captain Picard Returns to the Pedoprise
« Reply #3697 on: August 05, 2018, 10:18:29 AM »
+10
Patrick Stewart apparently just signed up to lead a new Star Trek series that takes place after Nemesis.  Unfortunately, its being produced by literally the biggest incompetent on Earth, ( ( ( Alex Kurtzman ) ) ).  Based on who's producing it and the general nature of CBS's streaming service, I'm going to make a few predictions. 

1) Picard will have a black wife.
2) Picard will have a black step-daughter who is better than him at everything, but hotheaded.  The show will revolve around him mentoring his wife's daughter.
3) Picard will be portrayed as backwards and out-of-touch.  Fans will call it a hackneyed betrayal of his character.  Apologists will claim its poetic because he resembles his brother from the TNG episode "Family."
4) Picard will not wear a uniform or be in command, but will constantly marvel at a multi-racial group of young people and exclaim how they're better than he was when he was their age.

Trigger Word: Everything

• Cishet White Male
  • Always someone triggered but no one's getting shot
    • Awards
Re: Captain Picard Returns to the Pedoprise
« Reply #3698 on: August 18, 2018, 07:07:59 PM »
+4
Patrick Stewart apparently just signed up to lead a new Star Trek series that takes place after Nemesis.  Unfortunately, its being produced by literally the biggest incompetent on Earth, ( ( ( Alex Kurtzman ) ) ).  Based on who's producing it and the general nature of CBS's streaming service, I'm going to make a few predictions. 

Picard will sit there doing  :facepalm:

While Marina Sirtis gabs on about dumbshit to the point that Gates McFadden explodes at her.

Or Wesley will be the new captain.
Shit. I guess this has helped me realize my privilege even more. So that's some good come out of it.
I feel so sad for all the people who don't have a supportive environment even like SA.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
    • Awards
« Reply #3699 on: August 21, 2018, 08:01:11 PM »
+1
So the new show made by the same people who did the Simpsons and Futurama is not funny. Disenchantment is worse than the lowpoints of futurama and that's even taking into the high points of Disenchantment.

The jokes have no structure and the show has no real solid footing. I also get the feeling that they're too afraid to write actual comedy because multiple times i noticed that after all the set up to a joke, the payoff like stops 5 yards before the finish line. It references game of thrones a good bit, but it's not enough to survive on. The characters have Zero Chemestry, compared to the first episodes of Futurama where the characters were just split and/or altered versions of simpsons characters but futurama worked well into the first season and did find it's stride. This there is no starting point for the characters, they're just bland, nothing drives them or makes them endearing. It's like the show is expecting you to find them funny because they're cartoon characters and therefore no effort must be made on the part of the crew behind the show to actually make the characters funny.