;

Author Topic: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others  (Read 127325 times)

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
+9
Welp, Marvel has done the impossible and found an artist worse than Erica Henderson for Squirrel Girl.  She's basically Tintin now.

what does this young boy running away from a black rape gang have to do with squirrel girl?

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
+1
enjoying doomsday clock more than i rationally should.  it's certainly not going to be an enduring classic.  it doesn't even feel like a dc event - the concerns that have been brought to it far too realistic for dc, which feels a few steps in the direction of myth.  johns is clearly aping a lot of stuff moore did without necessarily having enough substance to make it stand on its own.  and yet i think he gets most of the character beats right, i want to know what happens next with at least some of the plot threads, and i'm interested to see how this all came about and how it will interact with the dc status quo.  despite some political themes which would normally be fertile ground for pozdog barking, that's mostly been avoided, too (you could read some of the stuff with khandaq and black adam inviting metahumans to seek asylum there, after namedropping syria, as trying to make some point but i think it would be too tenuous and i don't get the feeling johns is trying to draw any metahumans = syrian refugees clumsy analogy).  gary frank continues to be godlike on art.

flash war looks stupid.  i think the broad strokes of what's going on might be okay, but the writer lacks the nuance to make it interesting, or even for the characters to act like they're even vague representations of real people.  i hope they disappear wallace west.  they dropped the stupid black kid from the 'hood shit, thank god, so he's not actively obnoxious, but he's just kind of superfluous with wally and barry being around, let alone if impulse ever comes back (not to mention all the billion other speedsters who i can't keep track of and don't care about  - except for the villainous speedsters who are more memorable; professor zoom for being consistently such a huge dick and hunter zolomon for an interesting base motivation - though again the current writer can't write him well enough; he should be far more unhinged).

edit: also lol at one description of a metahuman in the faux magazine article at the end of the new doomsday clock going over some of the world metahumans:

SERAPH: The controversial Israeli metahuman known as Seraph claims to wield the Staff of Moses, the mantle of Elijah and the ring of Solomon.  Leader of the metahuman group Hayoth, Seraph has kept the true number of his teammates a secret.  It is rumoured that thethree most powerful metahumans on the planet are members of Hayoth.  However, there is speculation that this is little more than propaganda created by the Israeli government.

geoff johns...  onto the conspiracy?!!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:23:44 AM by Ossipago »

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
Re: Dynamite Entertainment goes full shitlib pozzes up Vampirella & others
« Reply #977 on: June 03, 2018, 07:25:23 AM »
+7

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #978 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:06 PM »
+8
the kneejerk fuck-you-dad contrarianism of the modern left will never stop being funny
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #979 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »
+7
the kneejerk fuck-you-dad contrarianism of the modern left will never stop being funny

The useless faggots among the Conservative/uniparty right embrace it occasionally too, which gives the world things like this:

Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #980 on: June 03, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »
+10

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #981 on: June 07, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »
+9
Good news everybody!  DC Comics is relaunching its Vertigo imprint (Sandman, Preacher, et al) with several brand news comics, including

Border Town

When a crack in the border between worlds releases an army of monsters from Mexican folklore into the small town of Devil’s Fork, Arizona, the residents blame the ensuing weirdness—the shared nightmares, the otherworldly radio transmissions, the mysterious goat mutilations—on “God-dang illegals.” With racial tensions supernaturally charged, it’s up to new kid in town Frank Dominguez and a motley crew of high school misfits to discover what’s REALLY going on.

Hex Wives

“The women are too powerful. They must be tamed.” A malevolent conspiracy of men brainwashes a coven of witches to be subservient, suburban housewives. But it’s only a matter of time before the women remember their power...

American Carnage

In this thrilling crime saga, disgraced FBI agent Richard Wright, who is biracial but can pass for white, goes undercover in a white supremacist group believed to be responsible for the death of a fellow agent.

Safe Sex

A dystopian sci-fi thriller about a ragtag team of sex workers fighting for the freedom to love in a world where sexual pleasure is monitored, regulated and policed by the government.

Goddess Mode

In a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I., it’s one young woman’s horrible job to do tech support on it. But when Cassandra finds herself violently drawn into a hidden and deadly digital world beneath our own, she discovers a group of super-powered women and horrific monsters locked in a secret war for the cheat codes to reality.

:guntemple:

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #982 on: June 07, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
+7
Good news everybody!  DC Comics is relaunching its Vertigo imprint (Sandman, Preacher, et al) with several brand news comics

The optimist in me wonders if this is DC's way of quarantining the poz so that when Vertigo fails they can say "Well, we tried!" and move on.
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Metal Fan Deplorables Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red United Statesian The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Scrooge Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #983 on: June 07, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »
+3
Good news everybody!  DC Comics is relaunching its Vertigo imprint (Sandman, Preacher, et al) with several brand news comics, including

Border Town

When a crack in the border between worlds releases an army of monsters from Mexican folklore into the small town of Devil’s Fork, Arizona, the residents blame the ensuing weirdness—the shared nightmares, the otherworldly radio transmissions, the mysterious goat mutilations—on “God-dang illegals.” With racial tensions supernaturally charged, it’s up to new kid in town Frank Dominguez and a motley crew of high school misfits to discover what’s REALLY going on.

Hex Wives

“The women are too powerful. They must be tamed.” A malevolent conspiracy of men brainwashes a coven of witches to be subservient, suburban housewives. But it’s only a matter of time before the women remember their power...

American Carnage

In this thrilling crime saga, disgraced FBI agent Richard Wright, who is biracial but can pass for white, goes undercover in a white supremacist group believed to be responsible for the death of a fellow agent.

Safe Sex

A dystopian sci-fi thriller about a ragtag team of sex workers fighting for the freedom to love in a world where sexual pleasure is monitored, regulated and policed by the government.

Goddess Mode

In a near future where all of humanity’s needs are administered by a godlike A.I., it’s one young woman’s horrible job to do tech support on it. But when Cassandra finds herself violently drawn into a hidden and deadly digital world beneath our own, she discovers a group of super-powered women and horrific monsters locked in a secret war for the cheat codes to reality.

:guntemple:

Those descriptions are among the worst I have ever seen.  It's like DC is trying to kill Vertigo.  :psyduck:

From the ultra non-PC Vertigo where Lucifer is an actual comic book character and gets on okay with the Archangel Michael, comes the most pozzed shit imaginable. 

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Metal Fan Deplorables Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' Better dead than red United Statesian The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Scrooge Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #984 on: June 07, 2018, 05:29:01 PM »
+3
Good news everybody!  DC Comics is relaunching its Vertigo imprint (Sandman, Preacher, et al) with several brand news comics

The optimist in me wonders if this is DC's way of quarantining the poz so that when Vertigo fails they can say "Well, we tried!" and move on.

Given what they are doing with the mainline comics, you may be right:

https://www.avclub.com/this-justice-league-1-exclusive-launches-a-thrilling-n-1826537870

That lineup is the exact lineup from the Justice League cartoon.  They are clearly doing what the fans want with DC proper it seems.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #985 on: June 07, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »
+1
Make the DCAU the canon timeline and you should be golden for decades.

Duwango

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Deplorables Anonymous Fascist
    • Awards
« Reply #986 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:36 PM »
+1
Make the DCAU the canon timeline and you should be golden for decades.

I'd be down with this for as long as they keep Bruce Timm away. He kind of lost his shit a long while ago.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #987 on: June 07, 2018, 10:10:51 PM »
+9
That Goddess Mode comic has shit ripped directly from .hack and digimon. 4chan is the main enemy and it's way too on the nose about it.

The art also has everyone with a sloped face, like an actual face that is the same shape as a ski slope.

Now then ask yourself this if a super powered Ai can administer everyone needs how the fuck can there be a fucking digital war? it's not like the matrix where the simulation world is the bad guy had cracks in the system that could be exploitable, it's stated that this Goddess is perfect in every way and just wants to help people and controls the whole fucking internet and has these female warriors act as moderators

but then suddenly there's second internet and all these brave powerful women from second internet had to get superpowers in order to fight off mutant pepes who rape them and shame them into oblivion and unpersonhood.

The world they made doesn't make any fucking sense. The whole premises is flawed. Essentially none of the heroes have an actual weakness or flaws outside of when they make a political point about men ruining the internet and then suddenly you show the characters vulnerable when only a few panels ago they were blasting trolls like no tomorrow. The Goddess is all seeing and all knowing when suddenly she's not and then goes back to all seeing and dictating enemy weaknesses and doxxing. Everything is inconsistent.

there's also the whole issue that everything is data which can be backed up and copied and nothing is really at stake because the goddess can also restore shit at will. yet it's treated like real life but then even in the deep dark internet the goddess can appear and restore people who got assmurdered into oblivion....until suddenly that doesn't happen for some scenes and the goddess states she doesn't have control and can't do what she just did.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:28:53 PM by a torrent of piss »

As a white male I

• Cishet White Male
  • Wouldn't you agree?
  • Awards Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. Fascist Classicist On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #988 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »
+6
Those Vertigo comic descriptions sound like a parody.  :facepalm:

Cis Hetfield

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #989 on: June 07, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »
+9
That Goddess Mode comic has shit ripped directly from .hack and digimon. 4chan is the main enemy and it's way too on the nose about it.

The art also has everyone with a sloped face, like an actual face that is the same shape as a ski slope.

Now then ask yourself this if a super powered Ai can administer everyone needs how the fuck can there be a fucking digital war? it's not like the matrix where the simulation world is the bad guy had cracks in the system that could be exploitable, it's stated that this Goddess is perfect in every way and just wants to help people and controls the whole fucking internet and has these female warriors act as moderators

but then suddenly there's second internet and all these brave powerful women from second internet had to get superpowers in order to fight off mutant pepes who rape them and shame them into oblivion and unpersonhood.

The world they made doesn't make any fucking sense. The whole premises is flawed. Essentially none of the heroes have an actual weakness or flaws outside of when they make a political point about men ruining the internet and then suddenly you show the characters vulnerable when only a few panels ago they were blasting trolls like no tomorrow. The Goddess is all seeing and all knowing when suddenly she's not and then goes back to all seeing and dictating enemy weaknesses and doxxing. Everything is inconsistent.

there's also the whole issue that everything is data which can be backed up and copied and nothing is really at stake because the goddess can also restore shit at will. yet it's treated like real life but then even in the deep dark internet the goddess can appear and restore people who got assmurdered into oblivion....until suddenly that doesn't happen for some scenes and the goddess states she doesn't have control and can't do what she just did.

You’re thinking way too hard about something Zoe Quinn shat out between blowjobs for some orbiters to fashion into something halfway legible.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #990 on: June 07, 2018, 11:05:18 PM »
+4
Those Vertigo comic descriptions sound like a parody.  :facepalm:

I honestly thought they were until I got to the cover.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #991 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
+9

WHO ASKED FOR IT?

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #992 on: June 13, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
+3
Bibi called up Iger and asked for it.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #993 on: June 13, 2018, 07:01:20 PM »
+8

WHO ASKED FOR IT?

Ossipago

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #994 on: June 14, 2018, 03:01:51 AM »
+1
so hickman and weaver's shield is finally complete and i still have only the broadest idea what it's actually about.  i mean it looks great and has some cool ideas so i don't feel like i wasted my time, but...  yeah.  is it related to something else he did at marvel (which i didn't read much even before it was pozzed except for hickman and brubaker) that might give it more context?

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #995 on: June 27, 2018, 08:03:21 PM »
+12
EVS/ComicArtistPro Secrets put up a two minute video that's screencaps of a comics industry guy who threw a bitch fit about the Alt-Right on Twitter and got himself fired for his trouble.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5EDHQKQOk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5EDHQKQOk</a>

It's amazing - a guy literally going on a "You'll never work in this town again!" rant that ends with him losing his job. lol

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #996 on: June 30, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »
+15

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #997 on: June 30, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »
+3
EVS/ComicArtistPro Secrets put up a two minute video that's screencaps of a comics industry guy who threw a bitch fit about the Alt-Right on Twitter and got himself fired for his trouble.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5EDHQKQOk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa5EDHQKQOk</a>

It's amazing - a guy literally going on a "You'll never work in this town again!" rant that ends with him losing his job. lol

How do people like this make money. I don't get it.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »
+6

They don't.  The guy was writing clickbait articles for a comic book website.  He was probably pulling in a few hundred a month from that, at most.  Most likely, much, MUCH less.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: July 04, 2018, 07:22:07 AM »
+7

They don't.  The guy was writing clickbait articles for a comic book website.  He was probably pulling in a few hundred a month from that, at most.  Most likely, much, MUCH less.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ethan-van-sciver-s-cyberfrog-bloodhoney-comic-book-fantasy#/

$426k for a $8k goal with a month left to go.