;

Author Topic: Fun with the Second Amendment  (Read 9509 times)

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
Fun with the Second Amendment
« on: February 26, 2018, 11:43:15 AM »
+10
So Cruz was reported by several people, including one who specifically said he was probably going to shoot up a school. It does not get any clearer that he was a menace and unstable and should have been stopped. We also know that he legally obtained his guns. Perhaps he should not have been allowed to buy any guns at all. But I don't know enough about a NICS report to know if any of his history would show up on a report since I don't think he was arrested.

So let's say he got his guns legally and then went nuts. This is where it gets sticky. Do you think that he should have his guns taken away because his friends think he's crazy? What if he made direct threats? What is the process for taking away his guns? Are the guns destroyed or sold? Can he do anything to get them back?

I had a friend who was going through a bitter separation. His wife called the cops and said he hit her. In his state they automatically take any guns in the home. Also all ammunition. The deputies came in with a warrant and took all his guns and ammo. He went to court, she didn't show up (because it was a lie) and the case was dropped. Of course it took forever to get his guns back and they never returned the ammo. He had a few thousand in ammo that the Sheriff's Department probably used up at the range. They would not give that back. I told him he was a pussy for not lawyering up but he said it would cost too much blah blah. I think he was just afraid of the case becoming any more public. He is a businessman in the public eye and he did not want to be seen as a wife beater. But that was clearly a taking that he should have been compensated for.

So what do we do when someone should not have a gun? And how do we determine who should not have a gun?
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

blakks are not very cool

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Re: Fun with the Second Amendment
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:24:51 PM »
+14
In the Florida case law enforcement dropped the ball for years at multiple levels. The kid should have been arrested and charged w/ DV for assaulting his mom, criminal threats, etc. This is all documented in the 911 calls and incident reports that CNN and others have FOIA'd.

NICS is supposed to deny a firearm sale when someone is under indictment for any felony or crime w/ possible sentence over 1 year and ANY misdemeanor DV convictions.

The Florida shooting was a direct result of liberal 'soft-on-crime' policies not only in normal criminal courts but purposeful sweeping under the rug policies in school districts that had high arrest rates.

--

So let's say he got his guns legally and then went nuts. This is where it gets sticky. Do you think that he should have his guns taken away because his friends think he's crazy? What if he made direct threats? What is the process for taking away his guns? Are the guns destroyed or sold? Can he do anything to get them back? 

My state passed a "Gun Violence Restraining Order" law in response to some mass killer (Elliot Rodgers who shot, stabbed and ran over many people). This kid was reported by family and police visited him on multiple occasions but couldn't do anything legally. I think any Restraining Order type law that restricts a civil right needs to have very good due process built in to it. A judge adjudicates the factual allegations, there needs to be harsh punishment (and enforced) for false reporting and explicit procedure for restoration of rights and return of property.

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Deplorables Better dead than red You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »
+6
Why bother banning guns if Akmed can get into a car and mow dozens of people down?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Libertarian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 01:12:12 PM »
+3
Why bother banning guns if Akmed can get into a car and mow dozens of people down?
No one is talking about banning guns so far in this thread.

Besides, that's not a good argument. Why ban weaponized plutonium if Achmed can use a Ryder truck to blow up the Murrah Building? Why ban one thing when another thing can be used? It doesn't mean you still shouldn't ban the first thing. But again, no one is talking about banning anything. I am asking what it takes to have your 2A rights taken away.

Affirmative Action Hero

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Deplorables Better dead than red You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
+12
Nobody should take your guns away even if you are considered "crazy":

1. As I said in my example: taking guns away from someone is pointless since there are already 43093382 easy ways to kill people.

2. If you are diagnosed dangerously crazy, you wouldn't be there at a schoolyard holding a gun, you would be in a straitjacket. Then again in CLOWN WORLD, a cis white male would be considered insane.

3. Cops should be competent in their jobs and not be affirmative action hires that can't pass police school.

4. If everyone had a gun or at least a majority of people, Mystery Meat Man would have a hard time showing a rifle around at school.

A shitlib screaming about gun control is either an idealistic naive idiot or a politician with sinister intentions. It's not about keeping people safe, it's more about disarming the opposition. The only way to stop mass massacres would be a complete extinction of the entire human race since people are shit. But of course the media had to make a big deal out of this to push a narrative, if the loony kid did the same but with a machete or if he was a pure nigger or spic, we wouldn't be having this thread.

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:01:56 PM »
+7
it's racist to only care about white people getting shot up in schools when ~70% of mass shootings (four or more victims in a single incident) are comiitted by blacks, and occur weekly in baltimore, detroit, chicago, and d.c.  :librage:

liberal rag mother jones gets cited again and again for their "study" that found 60% of mass shooters since 1982 were white, but they intentionally omitted gang violence  :lilal:
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 05:53:59 PM »
+9
This is not going to be a popular opinion but I believe the Constitution should be applied as read. As in the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't care if the guy has 3 felony DVs and has just been released from the state mental forensic hospital. If he wants to buy a gun then fuck it. Repeal the NFA machine guns for all. An armed society is a polite society and all that.

The issue I have with a lot of "common sense" shit is that we have to ignore certain parts of the Constitution. First amendment is limited by things like, inducing panic. Nah fuck that. That's what leads to states having disorderly conduct statutes. Sixth amendment says you have to have a jury trial BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE TRAFFIC TICKETS well guess you don't need a trial for those. Eighth amendment for reasonable bail except for murder or other heinous crimes. Fourth amendment basically doesn't exist anymore. All of these buts and exceptions have destroyed rights which are plainly written. And it's been a radical change. Imagine if every charge needed a jury trial. If every person no matter their background could own a gun. If cops needed an actual crime to arrest a person instead of a DOC charge. Society would be so radically different that a lot of people wouldn't be able to handle or comprehend it.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. BUT BUT BUT

Nope fuck that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:56:47 PM by the sip »

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 06:39:47 PM »
+10
This kid should have been helped long before the idea of preventing him having a gun came into existence. He was vulnerable, alone, and apparently angry. Maybe we as a society should instead examine why these white men are so damn pissed off at the world and so nihilistic that killing children seems acceptable to them.

But nah fuck it let him suffer in his impotent rage as long as he doesn't have a gun. Just like so many other angry white men that have a perception that the world has fucked them.

anti-pibble machine

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »
+1
nevermind fake twitter account

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
+6
Just joined the NRA and the GOA :smug:

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous 420
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
+6
This kid should have been helped long before the idea of preventing him having a gun came into existence. He was vulnerable, alone, and apparently angry. Maybe we as a society should instead examine why these white men are so damn pissed off at the world and so nihilistic that killing children seems acceptable to them.

But nah fuck it let him suffer in his impotent rage as long as he doesn't have a gun. Just like so many other angry white men that have a perception that the world has fucked them.

Whenever boomer white liberals gloat over how we need to kill dangerous white men I often wonder if they lump in their own sons and nephews into that set - I bet on a subconscious level they do. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
+11
Invalid Tweet ID

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 10:58:42 PM »
+2
1) Sip: children are people and they are covered by the Constitution. Should they be allowed to buy guns?

2) I wonder how many of those downwithisrael hashtag is going to link to Stormfront.

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Motorcyclist Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 11:24:35 PM »
+9
1) Sip: children are people and they are covered by the Constitution. Should they be allowed to buy guns?

2) I wonder how many of those downwithisrael hashtag is going to link to Stormfront.
Ah, but therein is the rub! "A well-regulated militia" actually applies here! The militia is comprised of men over 18. Therefore it's not unconstitutional to not allow children firearms.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
+4
He only did that because you hurt his feelings with words

We need to ban words too.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus! TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:47 AM »
+4

"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING JANE, I SEE  ALL THESE HASHTAGS ON THE TWITTER 'DOWN WITH ISRAEL', 'NO MORE ISRAEL' AND I SAY--GOOD! IT'S HIGH TIME THE AMERICANS SEE THE FOOLHARDINESS OF SUPPORTING THE ILLEGAL OCCUPIER ZIONIST NATIO..."

"Habiba! Habiba! No, it's not the nation of Israel they're referring to.

"It's not?"

"No, it's the sheriff named Israel. From the Florida county in the US that had the school shooting."

"Oh. NEVER MIND! ULALALALALALLALALALLALA!"

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 07:10:08 AM »
+2

Ah, but therein is the rub! "A well-regulated militia" actually applies here! The militia is comprised of men over 18. Therefore it's not unconstitutional to not allow children firearms.
WTF are you talking about? Who said that? The militia was meant to overthrow the oppressive government. Hence it's necessity for a free state. A militia in that situation will be every able-bodied male.

Please refer to the law that state's that the militia is comprised of men who are 19 and older..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:03:58 AM by Rocket »

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »
+7
This is not going to be a popular opinion but I believe the Constitution should be applied as read. As in the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I don't care if the guy has 3 felony DVs and has just been released from the state mental forensic hospital. If he wants to buy a gun then fuck it. Repeal the NFA machine guns for all. An armed society is a polite society and all that.

Your principle would probably work very well in a 100% white society.

However...
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
+17
One thing I've enjoyed out of this is how much people absolutely despise David Hogg and his pack of fags and bald latinxes.  Every time they pop up somewhere, you get more NRA members and more boomercons who were probably going to sit the midterms out but are now for sure going to vote.  Someone (I think it was TRS) called them the Burger King Kids Club and it's pretty close:

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2018, 10:02:59 AM »
+3

Once again.... wrong age for a Boomer.

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Faggot Autistic Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »
+5
I hope one day you die from choking on some random nigger’s dick, you faggot

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
+9

The little girl's name is Boomer. It was a joke.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2018, 11:19:43 AM »
+4

I never explain on here. Half the fun is watching people chase their tail.

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Texan cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »
+7

I never explain on here. Half the fun is watching people chase their tail.

I know, but for some reason this time I couldn't stand back and watch a 30 car pileup without doing something.
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 11:34:01 AM »
+7

WTF are you talking about? Who said that? The militia was meant to overthrow the oppressive government. Hence it's necessity for a free state. A militia in that situation will be every able-bodied male.

Please refer to the law that state's that the militia is comprised of men who are 19 and older..

Quote from:  10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard

(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

:colbert: