;

Author Topic: Was Obama the worst president of all time?  (Read 180572 times)

Duwango

• Unperson
  • https://discord.gg/EKbe59S
  • Awards Fascist You can't know! Deplorables Anonymous
    • server
    • Awards
Re: Was Obama the worst president of all time?
« Reply #1575 on: November 22, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
+8
#ItsHerTurn.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/22/hillary-clinton-now-blaming-obama-legacy-for-election-loss/

Hillary Clinton is now pointing her finger at the eight years of former President Barack Obama as a reason she couldn’t campaign on an “agenda of change” and conceivably win the 2016 election. Obama actively campaigned for his former secretary of state throughout the election campaign.

In an interview posted Wednesday with radio host Hugh Hewitt, Clinton bemoaned being seen as an extension of the Obama years.

“It is true that when you run to succeed a two-term president of your own party, you have a historical headwind blowing against you,” Clinton told Hewitt. “It’s not just this campaign can be set apart from everything that’s ever happened in our politics. It is a challenge.”

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Last known picture of Ashli Kyanka.
    • Awards
« Reply #1576 on: November 22, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »
+11
I'm trying to understand her argument.  Is she claiming that Obama was so popular and successful that she looked bad in comparison? 

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #1577 on: November 22, 2017, 07:37:30 PM »
+7
I'm trying to understand her argument.  Is she claiming that Obama was so popular and successful that she looked bad in comparison?

She's blaming Obama for stealing her strategy (which she would have gotten around to, he just got there first) of lying about being an agent of change in the government.

She only knows how to give compliments like Ike Turner gave Tina facial adjustments.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #1578 on: November 22, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »
+9
At this point, she's just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

Franzo

• Unperson
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards
« Reply #1579 on: November 22, 2017, 08:34:06 PM »
+7
It worked with Obama became he was mostly an unknown quantity, whereas people believing that Clinton could be some sort of change of the status quo was never going to be an easy proposition.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #1580 on: November 22, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
+4
When NASA was in its heyday in the 1960s, the liberal consensus was that NASA funding was better off going to dem programs.  You even had negroes protest at NASA launches:

On the eve of the Apollo 11 launch, July 15, 1969, Abernathy arrived at Cape Canaveral with several hundred members of the poor people to protest spending of government space exploration, while many Americans remained poor. He was met by Thomas O. Paine, the Administrator of NASA, whom he told that in the face of such suffering, space flight represented an inhuman priority and funds should be spent instead to "feed the hungry, clothe the naked, tend the sick, and house the homeless". Paine told Abernathy that the advances in space exploration were child's play compared to the tremendously difficult human problems of society, and told him that "if we could solve the problems of poverty by not pushing the button to launch men to the moon tomorrow, then we would not push that button". On the day of the launch, Abernathy led a small group of protesters to the restricted guest viewing area of the space center and chanted, "We are not astronauts, but we are people."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Abernathy

Can you blame him though? A rat done bit his sister Nell...

The Bad Goy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #1581 on: November 22, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »
+13
When NASA was in its heyday in the 1960s, the liberal consensus was that NASA funding was better off going to dem programs.  You even had negroes protest at NASA launches:

On the eve of the Apollo 11 launch, July 15, 1969, Abernathy arrived at Cape Canaveral with several hundred members of the poor people to protest spending of government space exploration, while many Americans remained poor. He was met by Thomas O. Paine, the Administrator of NASA, whom he told that in the face of such suffering, space flight represented an inhuman priority and funds should be spent instead to "feed the hungry, clothe the naked, tend the sick, and house the homeless". Paine told Abernathy that the advances in space exploration were child's play compared to the tremendously difficult human problems of society, and told him that "if we could solve the problems of poverty by not pushing the button to launch men to the moon tomorrow, then we would not push that button". On the day of the launch, Abernathy led a small group of protesters to the restricted guest viewing area of the space center and chanted, "We are not astronauts, but we are people."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Abernathy

Liberals, despite fucking loving science, has never held NASA in high regard so it's not a surprise that it got neutered to a government make-work department to benefit non-whites.

It took us roughly ~25 years between developing jet engines to landing on the moon.

Just imagine what we could've accomplished in the last 30 if we weren't spending billions on gibs.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red Drinkin' and Postin' old Classicist Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #1582 on: November 23, 2017, 02:15:55 AM »
+7
It took us roughly ~25 years between developing jet engines to landing on the moon.

Just imagine what we could've accomplished in the last 30 if we weren't spending billions on gibs.

If you count all the gibs funds in the Western world over the past half a century, we are probably talking trillions of dollars worth of money that went into something that will never be net positive for society.

I legit believe we would have bases on the Moon and we would have visited Mars by now, if it wasn't for all the money that we burned away on gibs.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #1583 on: November 23, 2017, 09:09:33 AM »
+3
I want my flying motorcycle already!

SooperPooper

• Cishet White Male
  • Non-shitposts: 0
    • Awards
« Reply #1584 on: November 23, 2017, 09:12:47 AM »
+5

Build a ramp
rofl I have a sig

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #1585 on: November 23, 2017, 11:45:30 AM »
+3

Some nigger would just crash into it anyway :shrug:

NASAkangz

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #1586 on: November 24, 2017, 05:37:31 AM »
+4

If you count all the gibs funds in the Western world over the past half a century, we are probably talking trillions of dollars worth of money that went into something that will never be net positive for society.

I legit believe we would have bases on the Moon and we would have visited Mars by now, if it wasn't for all the money that we burned away on gibs.

NASA isn’t much better. Its biggest accomplishment in the last thirty years was putting up an orbiting tin can.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider

Instead of leading the world into the 21st century by actually being the leader in science again, we get a pointless space station nobody really asked for. Worst of all, they’re not even doing anything with in preparation for like going to Mars or back to the moon.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s an accomplishment, but manned space exploration done by the government is pretty fuckin useless.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #1587 on: November 24, 2017, 06:52:03 AM »
+4
I can't wait for private space flights to see all the people killed in the process. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs

J Dog

• Cishet White Male
  • Last known picture of Ashli Kyanka.
    • Awards
« Reply #1588 on: November 24, 2017, 07:12:29 AM »
+6
I can't wait for private space flights to see all the people killed in the process. Can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs

Yes, a guy who can't make a car that doesn't burst into flames after a fender bender is surely the one to lead us safely into space!   :unparsons:

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red Drinkin' and Postin' old Classicist Fuck you, dad!
    • Awards
« Reply #1589 on: November 24, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
+6
NASA isn’t much better. Its biggest accomplishment in the last thirty years was putting up an orbiting tin can.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superconducting_Super_Collider

Instead of leading the world into the 21st century by actually being the leader in science again, we get a pointless space station nobody really asked for. Worst of all, they’re not even doing anything with in preparation for like going to Mars or back to the moon.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s an accomplishment, but manned space exploration done by the government is pretty fuckin useless.

I don't agree that the ISS is "pointless". It's just a small step in a very long journey and things aren't progressing as fast as they should. At the moment for example the U.S. doesn't really have a way to get their astronauts into orbit, let alone the Moon or Mars. That is a pretty dire state of affairs.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Franzo

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1590 on: November 24, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »
+2
The Space Race was never more than a dick measuring contest with the Soviets, same as seeing who could get the most Olympic medals. Well obviously it was more than that for the people who took part in it and those with a wider perspective on the history of humanity, but as far as the funding and motivation for it goes that was always the main impetus.

Only way to get it kickstarted again is having some other antagonistic power attempt to make their own inroads. If China ever manages to set up a space program that can realistically challenge the US I think we'll see a revival of interest in NASA and space exploration.

edit for spelling
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:00:29 AM by Franzo »

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #1591 on: November 24, 2017, 09:41:26 AM »
+3
Trump will get us to Mars.

Franzo

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1592 on: November 24, 2017, 10:00:59 AM »

I wish. He made some noise about NASA, but realistically what has happened?

OMNIPRESENT CYBERFILTH

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #1593 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:55 AM »
+5
The Space Race was never more than a dick measuring contest with the Soviets, same as seeing who could get the most Olympic medals. Well obviously it was more than that for the people who took part in it and those with a wider perspective on the history of humanity, but as far as the funding and motivation for it goes that was always the main impetus.

Only way to get it kickstarted again is having some other antagonistic power attempt to make their own inroads. If China ever manages to set up a space program that can realistically challenge the US I think we'll see a revival of interest in NASA and space exploration.

Experiments in zero gravity advanced science quite a bit, as well as obtaining material from a place other than Earth (if for no other reason than to provide concrete information about the organic compound composition of an extraterrestrial body).  Obv it was partly a pissing contest but it was another frontier too, there was no telling what discoveries it could make possible.  The fact it was mostly a dry well for our current technology doesn't mean it wasn't a possibly paramount resource to claim first, theory is fine for stuff like that but you really don't know until you get a firsthand account.

It's easy to ribbit out about how much was spent on the space program 50 years after the fact but it's retarded to discount it, I hope this isn't frog logic about everything.

Franzo

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1594 on: November 24, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
+1
I absolutely think it was a great step for mankind and one of the best claims for the "muh blessed by GAWD" american exceptionalism, the culmination of one of mankind's collective dreams and the first steps into amazing potential. Doesn't mean I can't be cynical about the obvious influence of geopolitics in the process.
I'm not whining about money "wasted" on the space program, if anything I think a much bigger proportion of american and other first world governments budgets should be focused on it, I just don't think it's going to happen out of a shared love of discovery and curiosity.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:44:11 AM by Franzo »

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #1595 on: November 24, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
+13
Probably the 3 (and counting) trillion dollars we spent in pointless eternal wars in  dune coon countries that benefit no one but arms manufacturers could’ve been better used to fly humans to mars or niggers directly into the sun or whatever
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:29:17 PM by Procrustes »

Shakebox

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards United Statesian Italian Better dead than red Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #1596 on: November 24, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »
+5

I wish. He made some noise about NASA, but realistically what has happened?

Give it time. He has 7 more years.

NASAkangz

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #1597 on: November 26, 2017, 07:42:27 PM »
+6
Probably the 3 (and counting) trillion dollars we spent in pointless eternal wars in  dune coon countries that benefit no one but arms manufacturers could’ve been better used to fly humans to mars or niggers directly into the sun or whatever

Niggers into the sun always wins.

ompb

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #1598 on: December 07, 2017, 01:22:19 AM »
+4
Former President Barack Obama thanked himself in a speech at the Chicago climate summit Tuesday, saying his administration’s policies were the reason for America’s increased job creation and economic growth.

“We met resistance at ever step of the way. And there were skeptics who said these actions would kill jobs and depress growth, but instead as we took these actions and we saw the U.S. economy grow consistently,” Obama said. “We saw the longest streak of job creation in American history by far — a streak that still continues, by the way.”

“Thanks Obama,” he said to roaring applause, before winking to the crowd.

There's a video too.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/06/obama-takes-credit-for-economic-recovery-thanks-himself-video/

Duwango

• Unperson
  • https://discord.gg/EKbe59S
  • Awards Fascist You can't know! Deplorables Anonymous
    • server
    • Awards
« Reply #1599 on: December 07, 2017, 01:48:27 AM »
+8
Not so bold prediction: Barry's precious presidential library won't get off the ground even by the time Trump retires in January 2025. Remember that the only reasonthe Kenyan hasn't waged more destruction than he already had is because his inner circle is the apex of ineptitude and untrustworthiness. Valerie Jarrett is only competent at pulling his strings, whilst demonstrating Pelosi-levels of brain functionality with everything else.