;

Author Topic: GBS RSS  (Read 71646 times)

internet culture

• Cishet White Male
  • cyber-society scholar
  • Awards Autistic Fuck you, dad! Inshallah! You can't know! Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut
    • Awards
Re: Re: GBS RSS
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 12:49:52 AM »
+1
It seems to be real. He made a separate thread for the issue and has given trigger warnings before. He also seems like a total gaywad.

Also, someone in his thread accused him of being a misogynist.
I really don't know what to think. If he really is 17 years old then I think he's serious and I also feel really sorry for him. He seems like a kid who got his worldviews & morals from batshit crazy, manipulative, hateful pseudo-feminist goons. I don't think it's too late for him at all; he just desperately needs some genuine realtalk in his life. Not from someone who's desperately treading on eggshells lest they upset the people who are the very source of this unhealthy way of thinking to begin with, not from dumb cliquey nerds, but from someone who actually knows what they're talking about and isn't afraid to tell it like they see it AND would actually know how to discuss these things with a hugely depressed person.

And I don't mean TNE either.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:54:57 AM by internet culture »

wimpb

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
+1
Basically he needs Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino or something, but the chance of someone like that entering his life is essentially nil.

Multiply that guy by a couple million and that's what the western man is becoming.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
+1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3490318&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#pti36
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Ask / Tell > Ask me about working for "Big Pharma"

Oh God damn that thread is amazing.

Quote from: gninjagnome
I'd actually like to know why a clinical trial costs so much.  I mean, I know making the API can cost a good amount, but it's generally on the order of a few thousand/kg.  What about the other costs of the trial?

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I remember thinking the amount we pay the people running the trial is also exceedingly high.

Hmm yes I wonder ~*fartz*~

Quote from: WeezerToon
I'd love to see your source for this, because you sound more like a tinfoil hat person bent on exposing the truth about big pharma than someone who knows what they're talking about.
Quote from: FRINGE
Whenever someone answers article links with "lol tinfoil!" you know they are Serious Business.

Article links, you say?

Quote from: FRINGE
http://www.pharmamyths.net/files/Biosocieties_2011_Myths_of_High_Drug_Research_Costs.pdf

PHARMAMYTHS DOT NET FTW!!!  "TINFOIL HAT" THAT, MOTHERBITCHES

kill all goons

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2012, 10:27:56 AM »
+1
lol why should the people running these human trials be paid so much? 50k is a livable wage for anyone, including people with PhDs in biochemistry. Just another case of Big Pharma doing what they can to keep drug prices up!

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2012, 05:20:10 PM »
+1
Quote from: Captain Drumline
How do you deal with the fact that many people won't ever respect you, simply because you are trans?
Quote from: teh winnar!
It was difficult at first, but I'm getting better at hiding the bodies.

In all seriousness, it still gets to me every now and then, and trust me, I've seen my share of it throughout the years. I've learned that there always will be people that are assholes about things, and if it isn't my tran, then it would be the fact that I'm poly, or that I have pink hair, or that I'm pagan, or the fact that I understand having a privileged upbringing, or that after being disowned from that privileged upbringing, I knew what it was like to live from paycheck to paycheck, or, or, or...

Basically, there will be people who will never respect me for many reasons other than (or in addition to) my tran, so the best that I can do is surround myself with good people who will accept those differences that don't make me a lesser person, while also not coddling me over those things that I need to be a better person about.

And for those times when even that doesn't work, just remember...

Magneto was right.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2012, 10:42:54 PM »
+1
Quote from: Criminally stylish
Granted I know nothing about the psychology and psyche of rapists, Assange does not in any way appear like a your typical rapist to me. In interviews he has been a humble and patient man.

Not to say that he definetly did not do it, I just have my doubts.

wimpb

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2012, 10:43:34 PM »
+1
Quote from: Criminally stylish
Granted I know nothing about the psychology and psyche of rapists, Assange does not in any way appear like a your typical rapist to me. In interviews he has been a humble and patient man.

Not to say that he definetly did not do it, I just have my doubts.

all sex is rape unless its a political activist i like

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 10:48:23 PM »
+1
Quote from: No-Jokes Feynman
I was mugged another time where I actually got pistol whipped and needed stitches but that was kind of my own fault. I think I was set up while trying to sell something of value. What is notable for this thread is that I told the police that a tall young man with a hooded sweatshirt was responsible.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2012, 11:09:35 PM »
+1
Quote from: No-Jokes Feynman
I was mugged another time where I actually got pistol whipped and needed stitches but that was kind of my own fault. I think I was set up while trying to sell something of value. What is notable for this thread is that I told the police that a tall young man with a hooded sweatshirt was responsible.

Self loathing whites are the most pathetic creatures to roam the earth.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2012, 11:18:43 PM »
+1
That was in the black males thread. From his post, he said he lived in the vicinity of 36th and Spring Garden in Philly, which makes him a Drexel student. Drexel University was found to be the most expensive university in the country (net price minus average financial aid package) http://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-colleges-2011-12?op=1

Wasn't there a LF mod who went there too?

wimpb

« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2012, 11:44:26 PM »
+1
I wonder if he means he thought it was own fault for putting himself in such a dangerous position with a stranger without any protection.

Sort of like ra- uh wait, never blame the victim unless the assailant himself was victimized by a white male at some point.

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
+1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3490074

GBS has a new Zimmerman/St. Trayvonneee thread discussing the perjury charges pending against Zimmermans wife.

Here's some insightful commentary from GBS' enlightened non mysogynist posters and champions of Minority Liberation Theology.
Quote from: AWWNAW

Believe I'd shoot people if I was married to this too.

e: fixed img leech

Quote from: StrangersInTheNight
I feel like I can hear the keening wail of her shrewish voice echoing out of this picture.

Quote from: Kung Food
Now I can see why George wanted to spend all of his time out patrolling the streets of his neighborhood.

Quote from: Vienna Circlejerk
Nothing a little binge and perjury can't solve. :v:

Quote from: AWWNAW
I don't know, severe case here. She turned sideways and gained 50 lbs.

Dat Profile

Quote from: kylejack" post="404567719
There's no good reason for the comments on how she looks. It's totally irrelevant.
Quote from: Copley Depot" post="404567850
But it is evidence.  It proves that having 160 lbs on top of him couldn't have caused Zimmerman to fear for his life.

This one gets bunch of goonlove. 

Quote from: evil imp
I am a white man who shot a black teenager with no witnesses, how can I possibly improve my already decent odds of getting away with murder... hmmm let me think... ohhh I have the best idea ever!

:ughh:

It's nice to see this asshat using his super duper reasoning skills to instinctively remove himself from society for the greater good at least.

Also I know ragging on his wife is mean spirited and trite but damn, if you have a fat face that hair jacked back into a pony tail so tight it looks like god picked you up by the hair look is not flattering.

Breaking news: Zimmerman still white, guilty.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:07:12 AM by Procrustes »

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 03:17:15 PM »
+1
E/N Bullshit > Tell me about BDSM

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491728

Quote from: doczoid
My partner (22F) is pretty keen on BDSM, we've been dating for a year and a half and I (30M) love her to bits, I'm hoping for some insight into relationships between a submissive (her) and a vanilla (me).

I don't mind it (I play along and think I'm pretty creative about it), I just don't understand it fully (I have trouble enjoying it, but then I'm depressed and have trouble enjoying anything) - I felt a bit jealous when I read her blog recently because she has been doing 'requests' - ie; a stranger messages her and tells her to masturbate in a public bathroom and she does it (enjoys it immensely, as much as the stuff we do together by the sound of it) and blogs about it.

I felt I shouldn't feel jealous so I'm trying to flesh out the motivations/psychology behind the whole thing.

She seems mainly into submissive/subservient stuff as opposed to pain although she loves spanking and clamps too but it's mainly leashes and little games and rules etc.

I don't think it could be boredom with normal sex that got her into it since she was a virgin when we met.

My larger concern is she'll get bored with me and start taking the requests to crazy new levels, chats, cam shows and then what? gang bangs where a bunch of dudes in leather are .... well I dunno if I'd be too happy with that frankly.

I may just be a pussy, perhaps the only problem is my insecurity.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!

e: Yep I've read up the various sites on the net about this.
Sorry about my post being all over the place, it's 5:15am.

This one is going places, boys.

ps fagmins we need :allears: back TIA

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2012, 05:54:51 PM »
+1
A beta male Goon whose girlfriend is servicing other dudes on the sly? Say it ain't so!
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »
+1
30 y.o. dating 22 y.o. is weird

from that thread-
Quote from: Dead Cow
Oh yeah, that's fucked up. Probably too much off topic but I wonder how much the guy knew before he said he'd testify. Thank you for clarifying that.

Anyway, "screw the roses - send me the thorns" was recommended on Amazon for people who thought that the SM 101 was too dry or too hetronormative. I may pick that book up as well, there's nothing wrong with being more informed.

how the fuck do you make a book about sexual practices of sadomasochism dry and how can a S&M book be too heteronormative?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »
+1
30 y.o. dating 22 y.o. is weird
I disagree. (30/2)+7=22.
8 years is not too much.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
+1
assuming non-goons-

A 22 year old is more than likely fresh out of college, has never held a full-time job, lived on their own (ie no financial assistance from parents), or really even experienced the real world.

A 30 year old has been working for at least 5+ years, lived on their own, has had to deal with shitty people as a function of having a job, etc etc.

There's a huge difference in maturity level. 24 year old and 30 year old, maybe, but who the fuck at age 30 wants to hang out with someone that's 22 years old? How many people here over 30 hang out with 22 year olds?

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2012, 05:41:55 PM »
+1
It totally depends on the girl. I've known a few girls who were put together by the end of college.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus! Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2012, 11:00:06 PM »
+1
The older I get the more intolerant I become of younger people. Currently my tolerance level is somewhere around 26 or so. Anyone younger I find too annoying and vapid to consider hanging out with, much less dating...

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
+1
troons

Quote from: Tweek
Despite having a great reputation and being obstentiously "informed consent" the trans liaison at the Whitman Walker clinic in D.C. does not want to give me hormones until I get a recommendation from a therapist (and then gave me next to no help in finding one). I'll admit I gave a bad interview (I was not yet out to my father and still coming to terms with who I was), but at least give me more to go on than an outdated list of therapists, half of which are in Maryland (I live in Virginia) and very few of whom have websites. I don't want to call a dozen offices and explain my situation or worse have to schedule appointments only to find out they can't give me what I need or want a shit-ton of appointments.

What sucks is for months I've had a tab open in my browser from which I could, for cheaper than a single therapy appointment, order grey-market hormones and do all of this myself.

I want to take hormones under the auspices of an endocrinologist. I want to do this the right way, but hormones are not as effective if you start them after 25 and I turn 24 this September. Maybe if I really put my mind to it it wouldn't be that hard to get a therapist, but I'm sick of having to prove who I am. I'm sick of being expected to jump through hoops (especially when I could do it myself illicitly with ease).

lol @ upset troon getting mad at the doctor for not instantly showering them with drugs and then even debating the option of shooting themselves up with hormones from some unregulated factory in china.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 03:33:10 PM »
+2
obstentiously

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.
 1.postmenopausal

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »
"Trans Liaison"

lol

Imagine the meeting where this position was drawn up...

"We really need someone to deal with all the disgusting transcreatures who come in here screeching for hormones b/c no one paid enough attention to them their entire life.  Anyone have any ideas?"

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »
More troons

Quote from: Slave
25 is not a laser-engraved line in the biological sand, it's internet trans mythology and in reality varies pretty considerably from person to person. I'm being kinda hypocritical because the 'oh fuck i'm 25' thing was what pushed me into self-medding but if there is a second puberty you could already be in it now or it could be 6 years away.

lmao, just to confirm that "second puberty" is some made-up bullshit I did a quick journal check and found absolutely nothing to support it. how fucking retarded do you have to be to believe in that bullshit, and then to try to medicate yourself with some fucking hormones. the sheer amount of arrogance is amazing.

Quote from: LemonLimeTime
I'm not gonna lie, one of the biggest sources of my dysphoria is the fact my mom very much treats me like her son still despite the fact she'd be "understanding even though I don't think it's the root of your problems." It honestly makes me really sick inside when my mom tries to bond with me by having this mother son relationship. Or maybe its just the fact I still look and sound male that makes me feel extra especially shitty about our relationship despite it otherwise being fine. Adunno, I'd kill to have that.

old enough to decide you want to be a woman and start shooting up hormones yet young enough to still blame your problems on mommy.

Quote from: Loretta Trampface
Also, if anybody ever recommends going to the Johns Hopkins Sexual Behavior unit, don't. The place is just as terrible as it's made out to be, though the new head of the unit is pretty nice. They know of next to no resources or therapists and it's really a complete waste of time and money.

i was curious about why trannies think John Hopkins University isn't good enough for them and googled to find this:

http://www.tsroadmap.com/info/johns-hopkins.html

I am transgender (female to male),  and have been trying desperately to get into some sort of gender therapy for  hormones and surgery.  Unfortunately, most of the folks who I have  dealt with in the medical community in Maryland (Baltimore) have no  background, or do not want anything to do with my journey.  I even went  to Johns Hopkins Sexual Behaviors Consultation Unit for a psych  evaluation.  It was nothing but pure hell.  That group is very  much anti-trans. I even had a psychiatrist, Thomas N. Wise, who has  written against trans-folks, performing the evaluation on me.  I have  never been so offended, or insulted in my entire life.  It was by far  the worst experience in all 41 years of my life.  I did not know that I  could have gotten up and walked out of that because I would have.  I am  the second only female to male transgender individual that they have ever  evaluated before.  The residents just tried to play mental games with  me, and my roommate (who was not even suppose to be apart of my evaluation),  and initiated a he said/she said game.  Like I said, it was very  traumatizing.  I would strongly not recommend anyone who is anything  but hetrosexual to go to Johns Hopkins.  I feel like I was  mentally raped.  I am writing you with tears running down my cheek  because of just how horrible it was.  I even filed a complaint with the  State of MD against them, but was told that they have insufficient  evidence to warrent an investigation.  I was just a lab rat for the  residents.  That is all.

Anyway, I just want to get the word out about Johns Hopkins being so  horrible.  I am sure they do good somewhere, but when it comes to  sexuality, they are most definitely anti-trans.

so I looked up dr. thomas wise. he's the director of research at John Hopkins U sexual behaviors consulation unit, but since doesn't give troons what they want (reassurances and drugs with no questions asked), he knows nothing and is literally worse than hitler. i was trying to find some journal articles that he published but then I realized it's 9 pm on a monday and who fucking cares

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 03:38:28 PM »
so I looked up dr. thomas wise. he's the director of research at John Hopkins U sexual behaviors consultation unit, but since doesn't give troons what they want (reassurances and drugs with no questions asked), he knows nothing and is literally worse than Hitler. i was trying to find some journal articles that he published but then I realized it's 9 pm on a Monday and who fucking cares

It is not that they are negative.  It is that they have been doing this since 1950, and every tranny is not a special and unique snowflake.  They have almost 70 years of data and studies where they might have figured some shit out.  How to fix triggers.  What they real issues are that push trannies to where they are.  That they are indeed fixable through therapy and possibly are confused right now.  That if they went through the process at Hopkins, they could learn about themselves.  They could possibly be very comfortable in their biological sex.

Quote from: Every Troon
But we already know we are transgendered, and cisgendered-christian-fundie-nazis are trying to take away our ability to put hormones in our bodies that don't belong and have serious, and sometimes irreversible side effects.

Perhaps they are hard on you, because these very hormones/drugs will cause you to go in more bat shit crazy during the "change."  That you may not survive that, or that you may have your clit grown into a rudimentary penis and have your breasts removed to get to your own nirvana only to realize, oh shit, I really was a female.  Life is no better now, and all the special attention I got when I was 25 is nonexistent in my 40's.  I wanted to birth a child and I lost it all.  It's too late! 

Maybe if you really could handle the hopkins process and come out the other side without triggers and tears and med-board-complaints, and you still were resolute to get it done... perhaps, just perhaps that was the whole point and hopkins will make your wildest dreams come true.  You get your Chyna-weenie!

But nope.  This is the age of whim and gimme, gimme!  Work for it?  Test it and practice it before you get it?  Fuck no, you transphobic-conservative-reagan-worshipping-biggot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2012, 07:53:29 PM »
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > E/N Bullshit > Have to work up my nerve to tell a psychiatrist
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491811

Quote from: Polybius91
I have a really bizarre fetish. It's one I don't want to have, but when I was growing up I spent all my time in weird-ass communities and got exposed to weird-ass porn, and now I'm stuck with it. While it's not something completely horrible like pedophilia, it's still something I'm terrified at the thought of telling anyone else about in person. The worst part is, since it's pretty unknown outside the internet, I'll probably have to actually go into some detail and explain what it involves.

I'm tired of being a freak, so I'm going to schedule an appointment with a psychiatrist. I'm scared of what will happen, though. What if I lose my nerve and try to dance around the issue or lie about it when the time comes? I have friends with this fetish, will I have to cut ties with them? Is this even something curable?

If everything goes well, I should be able to have the appointment this weekend. Any advice or information I can get would be greatly appreciated. This will be easier if I go into it knowing what to expect.

Quote from: Polybius91
Well, alright. Since a lot of you have asked, and some of you seem genuinely interested in helping me, I'll say it. I don't really care about possibly wasting my  because I just want to be able to deal with this thing. Spoilering it because it's not the kind of thing you want to accidentally see.

Those of you who said My Little Ponies win the grand prize.

The odd thing is I don't really think about it just watching the show or looking at SFW fan stuff, but when I'm in a porn mood, there's a good chance it's what I'll go for.

I wasn't lying in the OP, by the way. I honestly don't consider it pedophilia or bestiality, and while I know a good chunk of people will disagree, I'm hoping people who agree will try to actually refute my arguments instead of just mocking them. I don't have those urges at all.

If you want to know why this is tearing me up, well, look at the PYF Brony thread. Realize that whenever they talk about the perverts, they're talking about me. Then consider that this is how the vast majority of the world would see me if they knew. I'm just tired of living with the knowledge that a nosy friend or prying father could turn everyone I know against me, and that they'd probably be entirely justified.