;

Author Topic: Dead and Gay Bush Dynasty has a few words for Trump...  (Read 2570 times)

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Re: Dead and Gay Bush Dynasty has a few words for Trump...
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »
+21
I'm bumping this thread because looks like the book came out and was a total failure.  Neocohens lose again.  There was a great Amazon review on this book so I'll quote it.  Only seven people bothered to review it and the best review is the below review, which was one star.  It's 888888 but it explains why the Bush dynasty is dead and gay:

The Bush family as a political "brand" has been dead since 2008. The family still doesn't understand that and also has no idea why. This book is an attempt to rehabilitate the reputation of George W. Bush through his father and through tremendous amounts of spin. The problem with that of course is that the politics of the son were nothing like those of the father.

The book is written as an endless series of short (often just a few pages) chapters. The length of the chapters (sometimes as short as four pages) tends to give the entire book a very breezy and lightweight feel. He jumps between topics and ideas with no particular depth given to much of anything. The amount of time and subject matter he is covering doesn't help matters any. I never got the sense that alot of research went into the book either.

An example of a bad chapter is chapter 51 on events in Iraq toward the end of Bush's term. The author walks into the chapter talking about Lincoln and trying through symbolism to re-cast George W. as something similar. The author moves on to an overly optimistic evaluation of what the military situation in Iraq was at the end of Bush's term. He quotes the Wall Street Journal as saying that we might have been on a path to a "remarkable victory" in Iraq under George W. Its as if the author were somehow unaware of all the years after 2008 in Iraq. At the end of the chapter, he attempts to blur any comparison between the decisions the elder Bush made on Iraq in the 1990s and George W. Bush's decision for war in Iraq. That somehow both decisions were correct and based on the same "principles". The difference in the decisions of the two Bushes on Iraq is put down to a matter of "application" of the same principles of US Leadership. He ends the chapter returning to allusions to Lincoln.

In the following chapter, attempts to put blame on George W. Bush for the economic crisis of 2008 are put down to "capricious public opinion". The author then attempts to blame the economic crisis on trends that went back to the 1970s and Bill Clinton. The author's research on many historical subjects doesn't seem to have gone much beyond reading period newspapers. As with the economy in 2008, there are many parts of the book were he is doing little more than pushing someone's political spin on a particular topic. For example, the book carefully feeds into "blame Dick Cheney" narrratives. Occasions where Bush and Cheney disagreed are carefully highlighted to make the point.

On p. 362, the author claims that due to Bush's "No Child Left Behind" that fourth-grade literacy and eighth-grade math scores in American schools climbed "to their highest levels in history". Again, the book is written as if history stopped during the GWB administration and with total ignorance of what has happened in the years since Bush was president.

On p. 366-67, there is an incredible bit of writing on Bush's middle east policy and the Arab Spring. We are told by Bush himself how "right" he was about policy toward Egypt because Mubarak was overthrown. As so often is the case in the book, this is a "mission accomplished" moment. He declares victory at a fixed point in time and simply ignores everything that happened after. The book doesn't seem to remember that Muslim Brotherhood government elected in Egypt or the military coup that followed after. The clock on democracy and human rights in Egypt has been turned back 40 years. Yet George W. Bush is still patting himself on the back.

The coverage of the career of the elder Bush is equally bad. Its happy-happy political spin. Having lived through much of the history covered, its almost impossible to recognize the real world in the book.

The book is also sometimes openly hostile to conservatives.

Which brings things around to the title. The book titles itself the "the Last Republicans". What it means by "republican" is very important. The book's idea of "Republican" is a non-ideological, pro-business and progressive on social issues. The nomination of Barry Goldwater in 1964 is called "divisive" and blamed on the "southern wing" of the party who the author tags indirectly as racists. Its an ignorant statement because there really was no "southern wing" in the republican party in 1964. It was the western US were conservatives were strong in that era. The book goes out of its way to list "inappropriate" republicans: Taft, Goldwater and Reagan being examples. When Bush loses the New Hampshire Primary to Reagan in 1980, its due to his "penchant for playing by the rules instilled by his parents" and his being "fair and square" that allowed Reagan to win. The inference being that Ronald Reagan was a low-class cheat who won because of his lack of morals.

The book's title is really about the attempts by neoconservatives going back to the days of the George W. Bush administration to hijack the republican party and to retroactively make themselves the only true republicans. The neoconservatives have always been small in number but big in voice. What George W. Bush believed in was running deficits at home and fighting wars abroad. By 2008, it was clear to anyone who looked that he and his politics didn't really represent anyone. There was a heavy sense of betrayal among his voters. He wasn't fiscally conservative. He was a bad steward of the nation's economy. He brought ruin on the public schools with "no child left behind" which was about as far from a republican program as you could get. His foreign policy was a total disaster.

There is no small irony that the author, Mark K. Updegrove, is director of the LBJ Library & Museum in Texas. Because the book's vision of a proper republican starts to look alot like Lyndon Johnson. Social programs at home and wars to spread "freedom" overseas.

While people will position this as being about Trump, its about more than that. Its about an old battle for the heart of the republican party that goes back decades. The people who consider the Bush family to be "the last republicans" would not have considered Taft or Ronald Reagan or Barry Goldwater to be republicans either. Trump is a problem, but the Bush family and what they represent politically is no solution. As Jeb Bush showed, the Bush family can still command money and attention, but nothing in the way of popular appeal. And no matter how many LBJ scholars write positive books about George W. Bush, the people who lived through those years are not going to be convinced of how great it all was.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 08:34:31 PM »
+11
I am happy that with the Neocon era of the republicans ended with the Bush family :dubya:

Talcum X

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
+15
The DC Republicans were ready and willing to concede the election to Hillary in order to somehow rebuild and rebrand and come out even stronger in 2020 after it was too late, but the stupid fucking conservatives had to go and win the election like a bunch of assholes.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 06:51:02 AM »
+11
The DC Republicans were ready and willing to concede the election to Hillary in order to somehow rebuild and rebrand and come out even stronger in 2020 after it was too late, but the stupid fucking conservatives had to go and win the election like a bunch of assholes.
Jeb just didn't have enough claps  :myecred:

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 07:31:26 AM »
+13
As far as I can tell, the GOPe is perfectly content never winning another presidential election again.  Jeb Bush was more than happy to win the nomination so he could lose in the general.

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
  • Awards Boy Scout Artist cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 09:37:25 AM »
+11
As far as I can tell, the GOPe is perfectly content never winning another presidential election again.  Jeb Bush was more than happy to win the nomination so he could lose in the general.

I think the pathology goes even deeper than that.  While they were willing to win a Pyrrhic victory over Trump in the nomination process, they really did think Jeb! was a better suited match against Hillary who had a better chance of winning (which shows just how out of touch they were with the country and their own constituency).  They were just willing to bet the existence of the country as we know it on the outcome.

Jim Acostas Impotent Rage

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Deplorables
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 10:56:29 AM »
+3
I think they basically thought "Well, Jeb can raise money like Hillary, so he's our only shot."

Something something Keep money out of politics

Dental Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 02:54:40 PM »
+9
I think they basically thought "Well, Jeb can raise money like Hillary, so he's our only shot."

Something something Keep money out of politics

At some point last year Bloomberg was seriously considering running as an independent.

If he had, the election vote would literally have been "Americans of every state and background, which of these three obscenely rich New Yorkers do you want as your next President?"

professional lurker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 11:01:22 PM »
+7
I think they have no intentions of winning and are merely content being "the opposition party" since they all want the same fucking thing at the end of the day and they both basically support the same progressive social agenda with the only appreciable differences being neutral on abortion instead of FUCKING loving abortions and wanting slightly less taxes than the democrats. 

This is why the democrats and never trumpers sound almost exactly the same.
"I'm really boring. My current hobbies right now are playing Animal Crossing on the DS and... I dunno, I did a bit of knitting last night for the first time in months after boy broke up with me over the phone (I can only cast on and knit stitch though). I surf the internet like every other person in the entire fucking world. I constantly have ideas that I never follow through on. I want to be a nurse someday. I want to drive. I nearly got my licence a few years ago but blacked out at the wheel due to my (90% now-cured) anorexia and haven't driven since."

Duwango

• Unperson
  • https://discord.gg/EKbe59S
  • Awards Fascist Anonymous Deplorables You can't know!
    • server
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2017, 11:27:16 PM »
+11
I think they have no intentions of winning and are merely content being "the opposition party" since they all want the same fucking thing at the end of the day and they both basically support the same progressive social agenda with the only appreciable differences being neutral on abortion instead of FUCKING loving abortions and wanting slightly less taxes than the democrats. 

Romney's tenure as Massachusetts governor was disastrous in every way imaginable, and in some ways unimaginable. He gave the snob white soyboy elitists all they wanted: socialized medicine, diversity tax, enforcement of LGBTBBQ+ sickfuckery in schools, and so on. He pretty much drove the few remaining conservatives out of the state, and he still overwhelmingly lost the state by a large margin in 2012.

Mittens is nothing short of a delusional schizophrenic if he thinks he can lecture the USA about "honor and integrity". Utah deserves him. It's not like the Mormon fucks were ever subtly neutral about their hatred of the MAGA agenda; the editorial section of the Salt Lake Tribune is 24/7 nonstop #NeverTrump diarrhea.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 07:32:46 AM »
+6
Unsurprisingly, Salt Lake City is considered one, if not the most, gayest cities in America: http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=53263384&itype=CMSID

Salt Lake City ranks high for having an LGBT bookstore, nude yoga class, a semifinalist in the International Mr. Leather competition (a men's beauty pageant featuring black-leather apparel) and frequent performances by LGBT-favored bands Gossip, the Cliks and the Veronicas.

:clint:

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
  • Awards Boy Scout Artist cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
+6

Romney's tenure as Massachusetts governor was disastrous in every way imaginable, and in some ways unimaginable. He gave the snob white soyboy elitists all they wanted: socialized medicine, diversity tax, enforcement of LGBTBBQ+ sickfuckery in schools, and so on. He pretty much drove the few remaining conservatives out of the state, and he still overwhelmingly lost the state by a large margin in 2012.

Mittens is nothing short of a delusional schizophrenic if he thinks he can lecture the USA about "honor and integrity". Utah deserves him. It's not like the Mormon fucks were ever subtly neutral about their hatred of the MAGA agenda; the editorial section of the Salt Lake Tribune is 24/7 nonstop #NeverTrump diarrhea.

A little context from the resident based Mormon:

SLC is incredibly Liberal with Mormons only making up a minority in the city proper.  The LDS Church obviously has a lot of money and influence in the city, but they are very often opposed by the city government at every turn, even over pretty minute stuff.  It's pretty accurate to draw a comparison to Austin in this regard.  Very conservative state, with a very liberal capital.
 Additionally the SL Tribune is a progressive liberal rag of the worst kind, so the fact that it's anti-trump shouldn't be a surprise.

60% of Utah still voted Trump.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposters of the World Unite
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 03:30:17 PM »
+5

SLC is incredibly Liberal with Mormons only making up a minority in the city proper.  The LDS Church obviously has a lot of money and influence in the city, but they are very often opposed by the city government at every turn, even over pretty minute stuff.  It's pretty accurate to draw a comparison to Austin in this regard.  Very conservative state, with a very liberal capital.
 Additionally the SL Tribune is a progressive liberal rag of the worst kind, so the fact that it's anti-trump shouldn't be a surprise.

Y'all will never live down the McMuffin votes.

The Bad Goy

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
+10

He did one term and bailed, paving the way for mini Obama who ran the state into the ground.

As big of a cuck as Romney is it's funny to remember that he was "Literally Hitler" in 2012 just like W before him.

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 05:31:43 PM »
+5

Y'all will never live down the McMuffin votes.

I should revise my percentages, the final % were: Trump - 45.5%, Clinton - 27.5%, McMuffin - 21.5% with ~3% other

The large majority of McMuffin's votes came from Utah, Salt Lake, and Davis counties which are the three counties which surround  and make up Salt Lake City.

So basically what I'm saying is only urban effete faggots voted for McMuffin.  Trump carrying all but two counties, and most by percentages above 60-70%

It's difficult to say exactly how percentages would've sussed out had McMuffin not run, but I feel at least somewhat safe in suggesting that at the very least Trump would have benefited more than Hillary from his absence from the race, even if those voters stayed home rather than voting either way.

Interestingly this does put Utah as the "lowest" win (by absolute percentage of votes) of all of Trump's states, but it was a sizable win by margin with a spread of 18% (higher than, for instance, TX which Trump won with 52.3% of the vote, but only an 8% spread).  Idaho, another state with significant Mormon population, went to Trump 59% to Clinton's 27%. Arizona, being another significant Mormon state, went to Trump 48% to 45%, much much closer than UT, where McMuffin carried less than 1% of statewide votes.

McMuffin was a laser guided missile, designed by the Romney campaign (using Romney campaign donors, and Romney email/phone lists) to attempt to upset Utah on the national level, and potentially swing the election to Hillary (or into a tossup scenario) in the "unlikely" event that the election was close.  He pulled 21% of Utah votes, 6.5% of Idaho votes, and every other state was ~1% or fewer.  I'm ashamed to say I know many urbanite Mormons who felt he was the "moral" choice, but honestly they're a bunch of faggots. The meat and potatoes Mormons I know are 100% on board the Trump train and have no desire for brakes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:37:54 PM by Embedded YouTube Journo »

Duwango

• Unperson
    • server
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 06:53:37 PM »
+5
No. Mormons are cancerous niggers and there is no way you can spin this otherwise. While I don't personally buy the polls, Romney appears to have a bigger shot than Hatch. The mere fact Utah is even considering electing a dog-kicking, coalburning carpetbagger to the senate really just speaks for itself.

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
+7
No. Mormons are cancerous niggers and there is no way you can spin this otherwise. While I don't personally buy the polls, Romney appears to have a bigger shot than Hatch. The mere fact Utah is even considering electing a dog-kicking, coalburning carpetbagger to the senate really just speaks for itself.

Hmm, an overwhelmingly white, patriotic, conservative, family centered, charity focused, christian denomination with statistically disproportionate levels of wealth, employment, and representation in major institutions.

Mormons sound just like niggers, yup.

You don't have to like Romney, hell I don't and a lot of Mormons I know have lost a lot of respect for him in the last two years, but don't go full retard.  Never go full retard.  It doesn't look good.
:stewart:

sharktits and all

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' old United Statesian Better dead than red Scrooge Libertarian KURWA cold, dead hands The Gentry
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 11:32:02 PM »
+3

Hmm, an overwhelmingly white, patriotic, conservative, family centered, charity focused, christian denomination with statistically disproportionate levels of wealth, employment, and representation in major institutions.

You don't have to like Romney, hell I don't and a lot of Mormons I know have lost a lot of respect for him in the last two years, but don't go full retard.  Never go full retard.  It doesn't look good.

They may not sound like niggers but the second bolded part makes them sound a lot like (({jews})). The only saving grace is the first part I bolded.

Duwango

• Unperson
    • server
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »
+3

Okay, my bad.

Mormons are lower than niggers.

Does that answer satisfy you?

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 12:48:40 AM »
+9
Wuo would you rather live next to - stereotypical mormons or stereotypical niggers?

:geithner:

NASAkangz

• Person Of Interest
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 01:10:28 AM »
+4

Okay, my bad.

Just admit youve only seen a Mormon on TV.

Embedded YouTube Journo

• Unperson
  • Buffering Outrage
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 02:27:50 AM »
+3

They may not sound like niggers but the second bolded part makes them sound a lot like (({jews})). The only saving grace is the first part I bolded.

this is actually a more apt comparison in many ways, there's a decently strong in-group preference as well, the major difference is we don't share the Jews out-group aversion.  We also tend towards businesses with actual products and services, tech, and comercial arts rather than simply banking and media.

Did the Mormon girl you had a crush on in Highschool not put out or something?  Did some RM come whisk her away with little or no warning? You've got some serious repressed issues you might wanna look at.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 02:32:28 AM by Embedded YouTube Journo »

Aran

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Boy Scout You can't know! cold, dead hands The Gentry Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 07:16:12 AM »
Wuo would you rather live next to - stereotypical mormons or stereotypical niggers?

Honestly, having lived next to both, plus Witnesses... I'd almost prefer the niggers

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »
+10
Mormans aren’t Christians what the fuck is wrong with you people!?!?!?!

They’re fucking blasphemous heretics that seriously believe shit that would make Scientologists shit blood.

God damn your eyes for making me remember moremans exist!!!!!

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
+1

Honestly, having lived next to both, plus Witnesses... I'd almost prefer the niggers
Mormons will have supplies you can raid when SHTF, though.