;

Author Topic: Pozzed judges, pozzed plaintiffs, shekel-grabbing lawyers, the lawsuit thread.  (Read 7332 times)

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Californian Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands old
    • Awards
Wasn't sure where to put his:

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Looks like action hero-cum-turbocuck Arnold Schwarzenegger is going full faggot, this time taking it to big oil!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/12/arnold-schwarzenegger-sxsw-trump-big-oil-me-too-217345?cid=apn

Schwarzenegger to Sue Big Oil for ‘First Degree Murder’

AUSTIN, Texas — Arnold Schwarzenegger’s next mission: taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

The former California governor and global environmental activist announced the move Sunday at a live recording of POLITICO’s Off Message podcast here at the SXSW festival, revealing that he’s in talks with several private law firms and preparing a public push around the effort.

“This is no different from the smoking issue. The tobacco industry knew for years and years and years and decades, that smoking would kill people, would harm people and create cancer, and were hiding that fact from the people and denied it. Then eventually they were taken to court and had to pay hundreds of millions of dollars because of that,” Schwarzenegger said. “The oil companies knew from 1959 on, they did their own study that there would be global warming happening because of fossil fuels, and on top of it that it would be risky for people’s lives, that it would kill.”

Schwarzenegger said he’s still working on a timeline for filing, but the news comes as he prepares to help host a major environmental conference in May in Vienna.

“We’re going to go after them, and we’re going to be in there like an Alabama tick. Because to me it’s absolutely irresponsible to know that your product is killing people and not have a warning label on it, like tobacco,” he said. “Every gas station on it, every car should have a warning label on it, every product that has fossil fuels should have a warning label on it.”

He argues that at the very least, this would raise awareness about fossil fuels and encourage people to look to alternative fuels and clean cars.

He added, “I don’t think there’s any difference: If you walk into a room and you know you’re going to kill someone, it’s first degree murder; I think it’s the same thing with the oil companies.”

Schwarzenegger was at SXSW for an extensive discussion of lessons he learned in his seven years as governor, and how he’d apply them to the current political situation in Washington and beyond. On the list: Maximize the bully pulpit; use the carrot but have the stick ready; and no one gets a perfect “10,“ because there’s always room for improvement. Those, he said, were part of his art of the deal, and explained how he’d been able to institute major laws from worker’s compensation reform to environmental standards to a state election overhaul to implement independent redistricting and a “jungle primary” system, in which the top two advance.

Schwarzenegger also addressed, for the first time since the national reawakening around the #MeToo moment, the charges of groping and inappropriate behavior that surfaced from multiple women against him at the end of his first campaign for governor in 2003. He acknowledged that the change in the moment made a huge difference.

“It is about time. I think it’s fantastic. I think that women have been used and abused and treated horribly for too long, and now all of the elements came together to create this movement, and now finally puts the spotlight on this issue, and I hope people learn from that,” he said. “You’ve got to take those things seriously. You’ve got to look at it and say, ‘I made mistakes. And I have to apologize.’”

He stressed the importance of sexual harassment training, like the one he made his staff do once he was elected— including himself.

“We make mistakes, and we don’t take it seriously. And then when you really think about it, you say, ‘Maybe I went too far,’” Schwarzenegger said. “You’ve got to be very sensitive about it, and you’ve got to think about the way that women feel—and if they feel uncomfortable, then you did not do the right thing.”

The past few months, he said “made me think totally differently,” adding, “I said to myself, ‘Finally.’”

Schwarzenegger took a number of shots at Donald Trump, dismissing the president’s latest attack on him, delivered at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday night, for having “failed when he did the show,” a reference to the former governor’s rocky one-season stint as the host of “The Apprentice” on NBC last year.

“I never know really why the Russians make him say certain things,” Schwarzenegger said. “It’s beyond me. Why do you think he says those things? He’s supposed to be very busy.”

Later in the interview, he returned to the attack on Trump, teasing that the script of the new “Terminator” movie, which Schwarzenegger is set to start filming in June and is expected to be released next year, had to be rewritten to include Trump. “The T-800 model that I play, he’s traveling back in time to 2019 to get Trump out of prison,” Schwarzenegger joked.

He wouldn’t reveal any actual details about the script other than that he is still the T-800 model. This isn’t his only upcoming foray into old film franchises: He’s due to shoot “King Conan” and “Triplets,” an update on the 1988 film “Twins,” with Eddie Murphy as the third brother. (“There’s something funny there with the mixing of the sperm,” he said.)

Schwarzenegger said he’d like to see Ohio Gov. John Kasich run for president but urged him to run in the Republican primary rather than as an independent.

“He’s a great Republican,” Schwarzenegger said.

But he said don’t expect him to be a major campaign presence in 2020. He’ll be focusing on pushing gerrymandering reform, and has gotten involved again with California Republicans, with whom he’ll be meeting in the coming days back home.

“The Republicans that are the new thinking Republicans in California want to get things done,” Schwarzenegger said, adding that he wants elected officials to remember, “ultimately, you are a public servant, not a party servant.”

He urged the GOP to pay attention to what happened in California, where Democrats have become completely dominant. Republicans there, he said, “are stuck with an ideology that doesn’t really fit anymore with what people want.”

Procrustes

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Quieres comprar naranjas?
    • Awards
South by Southwest used to be a music and drug festival now it’s just another way to put money in the hands of rich jews, liberal faggots,  and the human feces that stinks up the tech sector.

Everyone who attends should be permanently sterilized and sent out of Texas immediately.

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Californian Scrooge Better dead than red Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous 420
    • Awards
Looks like action hero-cum-turbocuck Arnold Schwarzenegger is going full faggot, this time taking it to big oil!

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/12/arnold-schwarzenegger-sxsw-trump-big-oil-me-too-217345?cid=apn

Schwarzenegger to Sue Big Oil for ‘First Degree Murder’

AUSTIN, Texas — Arnold Schwarzenegger’s next mission: taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

The former California governor and global environmental activist announced the move Sunday at a live recording of POLITICO’s Off Message podcast here at the SXSW festival, revealing that he’s in talks with several private law firms and preparing a public push around the effort.

“This is no different from the smoking issue. The tobacco industry knew for years and years and years and decades, that smoking would kill people, would harm people and create cancer, and were hiding that fact from the people and denied it. Then eventually they were taken to court and had to pay hundreds of millions of dollars because of that,” Schwarzenegger said. “The oil companies knew from 1959 on, they did their own study that there would be global warming happening because of fossil fuels, and on top of it that it would be risky for people’s lives, that it would kill.”

Schwarzenegger said he’s still working on a timeline for filing, but the news comes as he prepares to help host a major environmental conference in May in Vienna.

“We’re going to go after them, and we’re going to be in there like an Alabama tick. Because to me it’s absolutely irresponsible to know that your product is killing people and not have a warning label on it, like tobacco,” he said. “Every gas station on it, every car should have a warning label on it, every product that has fossil fuels should have a warning label on it.”

He argues that at the very least, this would raise awareness about fossil fuels and encourage people to look to alternative fuels and clean cars.

He added, “I don’t think there’s any difference: If you walk into a room and you know you’re going to kill someone, it’s first degree murder; I think it’s the same thing with the oil companies.”

Schwarzenegger was at SXSW for an extensive discussion of lessons he learned in his seven years as governor, and how he’d apply them to the current political situation in Washington and beyond. On the list: Maximize the bully pulpit; use the carrot but have the stick ready; and no one gets a perfect “10,“ because there’s always room for improvement. Those, he said, were part of his art of the deal, and explained how he’d been able to institute major laws from worker’s compensation reform to environmental standards to a state election overhaul to implement independent redistricting and a “jungle primary” system, in which the top two advance.

Schwarzenegger also addressed, for the first time since the national reawakening around the #MeToo moment, the charges of groping and inappropriate behavior that surfaced from multiple women against him at the end of his first campaign for governor in 2003. He acknowledged that the change in the moment made a huge difference.

“It is about time. I think it’s fantastic. I think that women have been used and abused and treated horribly for too long, and now all of the elements came together to create this movement, and now finally puts the spotlight on this issue, and I hope people learn from that,” he said. “You’ve got to take those things seriously. You’ve got to look at it and say, ‘I made mistakes. And I have to apologize.’”

He stressed the importance of sexual harassment training, like the one he made his staff do once he was elected— including himself.

“We make mistakes, and we don’t take it seriously. And then when you really think about it, you say, ‘Maybe I went too far,’” Schwarzenegger said. “You’ve got to be very sensitive about it, and you’ve got to think about the way that women feel—and if they feel uncomfortable, then you did not do the right thing.”

The past few months, he said “made me think totally differently,” adding, “I said to myself, ‘Finally.’”

Schwarzenegger took a number of shots at Donald Trump, dismissing the president’s latest attack on him, delivered at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday night, for having “failed when he did the show,” a reference to the former governor’s rocky one-season stint as the host of “The Apprentice” on NBC last year.

“I never know really why the Russians make him say certain things,” Schwarzenegger said. “It’s beyond me. Why do you think he says those things? He’s supposed to be very busy.”

Later in the interview, he returned to the attack on Trump, teasing that the script of the new “Terminator” movie, which Schwarzenegger is set to start filming in June and is expected to be released next year, had to be rewritten to include Trump. “The T-800 model that I play, he’s traveling back in time to 2019 to get Trump out of prison,” Schwarzenegger joked.

He wouldn’t reveal any actual details about the script other than that he is still the T-800 model. This isn’t his only upcoming foray into old film franchises: He’s due to shoot “King Conan” and “Triplets,” an update on the 1988 film “Twins,” with Eddie Murphy as the third brother. (“There’s something funny there with the mixing of the sperm,” he said.)

Schwarzenegger said he’d like to see Ohio Gov. John Kasich run for president but urged him to run in the Republican primary rather than as an independent.

“He’s a great Republican,” Schwarzenegger said.

But he said don’t expect him to be a major campaign presence in 2020. He’ll be focusing on pushing gerrymandering reform, and has gotten involved again with California Republicans, with whom he’ll be meeting in the coming days back home.

“The Republicans that are the new thinking Republicans in California want to get things done,” Schwarzenegger said, adding that he wants elected officials to remember, “ultimately, you are a public servant, not a party servant.”

He urged the GOP to pay attention to what happened in California, where Democrats have become completely dominant. Republicans there, he said, “are stuck with an ideology that doesn’t really fit anymore with what people want.”

Raging about oil companies and profits straight up seems like such a pre-Trumpian era thing to get mad over. 

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

[HEAD NIGGER OF STRUG] anti-Semitic graphs

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Fascist Quieres comprar naranjas? Inshallah!
    • Awards
Imagine going back to those days knowing what you know now, Yaro. We are so lucky that Trump came out for us, he is literally the last line of defense. Basically every other Anglo country is withering away as we MAGA.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
The judge held his hearing on climate change.

https://www.climateliabilitynews.org/2018/03/22/climate-tutorial-judge-alsup-chevron-liability/

The judge did chastise four of the defendants for refusing to present arguments at the tutorial. Only Chevron chose to speak, relying on attorney Ted Boutrous to explain its views on the science, while attorneys from ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips, BP and Shell sat in the courtroom but did not make a presentation. Alsup gave those four companies two weeks to to provide a statement in writing either agreeing with or refuting each point made in Boutrous’ presentation. “You can’t get away with sitting there in silence and then saying later, ‘Oh, he [Boutrous] doesn’t speak for us,'” Alsup said.

"The state is suing you for hundreds of millions of dollars, but uh, please make all your arguments of fact at this tutorial hearing years before this case will ever go to trial, or else."

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
Ninth Circus judge Stephen Reinhardt dies: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/380947-9th-circuit-court-of-appeals-judge-dies-at-87

Reinhardt, who was appointed by former President Jimmy Carter in 1980, served on one of the country's most notoriously liberal courts, issuing many prominent decisions during his tenure including a 2012 decision striking down California's ban on gay marriage.

“All parties agree that Proposition 8 had one effect only,” he wrote in 2012. “It stripped same-sex couples of the ability they previously had possessed to obtain from the state, or any other authorized party, an important right — the right to obtain and use the designation of ‘marriage’ to describe their relationships. Nothing more, nothing less.”

Reinhardt also came into conflict with the Trump administration in recent months, declaring last year that young undocumented immigrants who are unaccompanied have the right to periodic bond hearings as well as a separate decision calling an order to deport a Mexican man "inhumane."

“It is difficult to see how the government’s decision to expel him is consistent with the President’s promise of an immigration system with ‘a lot of heart,’ ” the liberal justice wrote last year. “I find no such compassion in the government’s choice to deport Magana Ortiz.”

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
 :reagan:
His name was Harry Anderson

Franzo

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards You can't know! Generation Identitaire Grenouille
    • Awards

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards

To be fair, I would prefer a rude waiter to an incompetent one.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards

To be fair, I would prefer a rude waiter to an incompetent one.
Unless they have a pretty face and fat titts I hate it when they try to talk to me. Like nigga shut up and bring me my food.
His name was Harry Anderson

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018/04/court-rules-illegal-aliens-can-sue-discriminatory-employment-policy-requiring-green-cards/amp/

Court Rules Illegal Aliens Can Sue over “Discriminatory Employment Policy” Requiring Green Cards

:clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld: :clownworld:

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
There's all kinds of stupid employment laws that protect illegals. Always remember those dumbass posts saying "they should go after the employer for hiring illegals" you see are either propaganda shill posts or people who have absolutely no idea about employment law.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
It sounds like he wasn't a straight illegal though, he WAS authorized for work in the US under DACA. DACA hasn't been repealed yet; as long as it's still the law of the land so to speak, if it's legal for US companies to hire them, it's legal.

Federal I-9 forms, which I deal with daily, list the forms of ID we can accept and the various types of citizens and non-citizens we can hire. It sounds like P&G tried to go over and above Federal work regulations by saying "It doesn't matter if you can legally work here, we only hire citizens or permanent residents." Personally, I would not have thought I could ever say that as a hiring manager.

Plus, saying he can sue/denying the P&G motion to dismiss doesn't mean he'll win. Until and unless we come to a decision one way or another on DACA and the current illegals, this is all in flux.

kosher nostra

• Unperson
  • Awards cold, dead hands Sasstronaut TNE Veteran
    • Awards
Is there a law saying that you have to hire illegals? What is to stop you from only hiring Americans?

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Better dead than red old Drinkin' and Postin' Classicist
    • Awards
https://reason.com/blog/2018/04/30/he-has-to-register-as-a-sex-offender-for

A Jury Rejected the Charges, but He Still Has to Register As a Sex Offender for Life

New York's highest court says accusations can be considered for registration purposes even when the defendant was acquitted.

In New York a defendant can be forced to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life based on accusations a jury rejected. So the state's highest court ruled last week in a case that illustrates how fear and loathing of sex offenders lead to results that would be recognized as unjust and illogical in any other context.

This is a weird one. If he really is a pedo then fuck him, but on the othe hand if we don't follow the letter and spirit of the law... well, what's the point then? Should've just shot him on sight.
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
This is a weird one. If he really is a pedo then fuck him, but on the othe hand if we don't follow the letter and spirit of the law... well, what's the point then? Should've just shot him on sight.

It technically is the letter of the law because the law is retarded sometimes. 

-the burden of proof at sentencing may be different than that of a criminal trial
-the burden of proof under a statute like SORA may be different than the burden required at sentencing to jail/probation
-the law may treat sex offender registration as a less severe penalty than that of jail time, and thus trigger fewer constitutional protections