;

Author Topic: F.A.N.G.  (Read 7368 times)

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
F.A.N.G.
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:18:00 PM »
+7
Facebook, Amazon, Netflix, and Google (FANG for short.)
This is a thread to discuss and news headlines for the big brother tech giants. Non FANG tech companies are also welcome. Topic to start, why did shares in all FANG companies drop today?
His name was Harry Anderson

blakks are not very cool

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
Re: F.A.N.G.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 03:19:53 PM »
+4
Bloomberg reports the G-20's "digital tax" issue will impact Google, Amazon, and others...

Bloomberg reports that digital taxation would impact companies such as Amazon, Google, Apple and others, an official at the G-20 meetings in Buenos Aires who is familiar with the discussions says, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

As one would imagine, U.S. strongly opposes any measures specifically targeting digital companies or impeding growth in the digital sector, a U.S. Treasury Department official said last week, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Excerpt from https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-19/market-breaks-tech-tumbles-after-g-20-comments

Americas Most Trusted News Source

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »
+3

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »
+14
More like J.E.W.S.

MY FURSONOUNS

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 04:10:42 PM »
+11
you should add twitter and instagram and rename the thread LOST F.I.N.G.A.T.
Quote from: Aleph Null
Four months on hormones and I swear that my crotch sweat smells different.

InsideOutside

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:48:59 PM »
+22
Facebook
Amazon
Google
Instagram
Tindr
Snapchat

888 Didnt Read Shit

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Check your white privilege
  • Awards Jew Killed in the Line of Posting Drinkin' and Postin' Italian TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 06:20:57 PM »
+2
Netflix's twitter feed is fully of creepy "data facts" that the nerds masturbate to.

blakks are not very cool

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 07:34:57 PM »
+1
Netflix's twitter feed is fully of creepy "data facts" that the nerds masturbate to.

Their stock price is also up 65% YTD

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 10:59:28 AM »
+12
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/18/facebook-failing-zuckerberg-and-sandberg-absent-commentary.html
Lizardman Zuckerberg is dumping stock. In the business world the captain is the first to leave the ship.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
+10
If Trump can use the rules to benefit himself, then clearly something is terribly wrong.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
My NVDIA shares took a hit yesterday, but already bounced back today. :smug:

jabba

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 11:51:41 PM »
+5

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:23 AM »
+11
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/20/ftc-reportedly-to-investigate-facebooks-use-of-personal-data.html
Zuckerberg is putting the "aspi" in aspiration. With the drop in stock and sudden infamy of Lizardman Zuckerberg we can kiss his attempt/plan to run for president goodbye  :allears:

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »
+2
I'm still not getting the big deal here about this. I understand the concept of things being worse when a spotlight is shown on it, but still. The CEO/exec guy they had who was jerking himself off over this "BIG DATA ANALYTICS" is every single tech sales pitch ever.

Cool Wine Aunt

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
+8
I'm still not getting the big deal here about this. I understand the concept of things being worse when a spotlight is shown on it, but still. The CEO/exec guy they had who was jerking himself off over this "BIG DATA ANALYTICS" is every single tech sales pitch ever.

The problem is Cambridge Analytica used this to help the wrong side.  If they'd been working for Hillary nothing would be said, as they're working for the other side this becomes another element in the DRUMPF ONLY WON BECAUSE OF FOUL PLAY narrative.
SomethingSensitive.com - your source for "diva cup for my butt" and related products/services

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
+4

The problem is Cambridge Analytica used this to help the wrong side.  If they'd been working for Hillary nothing would be said, as they're working for the other side this becomes another element in the DRUMPF ONLY WON BECAUSE OF FOUL PLAY narrative.

I understand that aspect of it. But the media isn't even capable of framing why it's bad from that obvious one.

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
+6

I understand that aspect of it. But the media isn't even capable of framing why it's bad from that obvious one.

Ties to Trump -> Bad. No further explication is needed, and would just be a waste of time and effort. The media simply needs to inform the reader that Trump is involved.

Small Weinered Goon

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Autistic Faggot Futurist You can't know! United Statesian Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 01:01:32 PM »
+10
Yeah it’s nothing more than the usual suspects getting buttblasted that Drumpf outwitted the Democrats.  If the GOP had any balls, they’d be investigating Hillary’s niggershines as well.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »
+6
The issue is that trump did the action with the wrong intentions, and given trump's family history and background he has no moral capital. Obama had the right intentions and is still a moral paragon in the political world, Obama can be trusted to handle sensitive and private information like this. there is no double standard it comes down to qualifications.

I guess they never read the story about how Obama's regulations were passed to cripple certain businesses so his cronies could buy them all up for cheap once they went into critical financial condition.

White Rapper

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »
+6
Yeah it’s nothing more than the usual suspects getting buttblasted that Drumpf outwitted the Democrats.  If the GOP had any balls, they’d be investigating Hillary’s niggershines as well.

Libs thought they were the only ones with doxxnets

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 06:43:29 PM »
+6

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 07:18:53 PM »
+7
Donald Trump stole the presidency by mind controlling people with social media through russian hackers.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:57 PM »
+8
Donald Trump stole the presidency by mind controlling people with social media through russian hackers.

OOK OOK SCREE (D-IL)

• Cishet White Male
  • Niggerposting from my Bamaphone fo free
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:19 AM »
+5

For a lot of reasons.  Not only is it impossible to explain in the idiot 5 second sound bite summary that they limit their explanations to for anything, if they go too wide and alarmist, they get people to understand how *all* their online activity is tracked and packaged as advertising data and get everyone installing adblocks and Ghostery onto their browsers and kill their cash cows.