;

Author Topic: "I am Generation Y"  (Read 602355 times)

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
Re: "I am Generation Y"
« Reply #4325 on: December 03, 2017, 11:14:20 PM »
+4

Mommy secured a well-paying job.
Got a condo as a "wedding gift".
Can stay for free at grandparents' place.

"If I can make it, anyone can"

:tuss:

:tuss: indeed. Business Insider is a completely shit website, as their content is total garbage, always has been and always will be.

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4326 on: December 04, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
+12
Pretty typical article that white upper middle class liberals read. The best are the ones where they become millionaires by 30 with a job that pays just $70,000 a year, but mysteriously had a fully paid off house and no student loans at age 23, and even looking at market returns you're just not quite sure how everything worked out so well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 06:54:18 PM by unprivsplain »

Gentilen't

• Enemy Of The State
  • ☞ ͡°ل͜ ͡°☞
  • Awards Better dead than red Deplorables Autistic Scrooge Anonymous United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #4327 on: December 05, 2017, 06:10:22 AM »
+5
Pretty typical article that white upper middle class liberals read. The best are the ones where they become millionaires by 30 with a job that pays just $70,000 a year, but mysteriously had a fully paid off house and no student loans at age 23, and even looking at market returns you're just not quite sure how everything worked out so well.

sneaky sneaky parentheses
please delete this

Hollywood Shabat Goy Yaro

• Cishet White Male
  • ギューン野郎
  • Awards Deplorables Generation Identitaire Anonymous Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Scrooge 420 Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #4328 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:27 PM »
+7
I always love how these YOU TOO CAN GET RICH AND BE YOUNG stories stories never have what happens after these useless fucks get their money, such as "Getting cleaned out in a divorce" (Would love to know what % of these couples never sign prenups), "Wasting all of my money paying for healthcare due to a shitty, unhealthy lifestyle and dying prematurely", and the ever popular "losing my personal fortune due to bad life and business decisions".

Don't pick a fight with Al Franken, this is the guy who in truth should be President. Smart, ethical and generally a good person. And he is a comic so in a verbal war he will make you look stupid.

Thanks Maureen. I've been dealing with that pedantic argument of not being able to spell makes me an idiot since grade school. I'm autistic with a 130+ iq who writes a graphic novel about sex abuse and with an obsession about pshycology to the point I'm more informed than my therapists about current news.

Dem Wypipo

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #4329 on: December 05, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
+8
As shitty as journalism is in our current year, I wonder how they even know about these stories.  Maybe they're related, are friends, went to the same college, related to the owners of the site, etc.  I can't think anyone set out to write a puff piece about a bitch who paid off student loans with no cost of living and multiple passive income streams thanks to rich family members.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4330 on: December 06, 2017, 02:06:28 AM »
+5
I always love how these YOU TOO CAN GET RICH AND BE YOUNG stories stories never have what happens after these useless fucks get their money, such as "Getting cleaned out in a divorce" (Would love to know what % of these couples never sign prenups), "Wasting all of my money paying for healthcare due to a shitty, unhealthy lifestyle and dying prematurely", and the ever popular "losing my personal fortune due to bad life and business decisions".
I blew my fortune on Steam games and Star Citizen DLC.

level 69 memelord

• Unperson
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #4331 on: December 24, 2017, 02:02:44 PM »
+3

Mommy secured a well-paying job.
Got a condo as a "wedding gift".
Can stay for free at grandparents' place.

"If I can make it, anyone can"

:tuss:

the woman from the article is named Ebony Horton she self published a book about her ordeal
https://www.amazon.com/Maximizing-Future-Eliminating-Student-Loan-ebook/dp/B0725GCVDM
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #4332 on: March 11, 2018, 04:10:19 PM »
+6
Youtube billionaire goes bust; young idiot loses €400,000 of his parents' money.

https://fora.ie/youtube-facts-channel-closing-3888806-Mar2018/

'Not a viable business': Popular Irish YouTube channel Facts will be axed after losing €400k

The brand was set up by then 17-year-old Shane Corry in 2013.

THE FIRM BEHIND the Irish-founded YouTube channel Facts has axed staff working on the unprofitable video operation as its young founder prepares to sell off the parent company and its assets.

Creative Nation, a Dublin-based firm, was founded in 2013 by then 17-year-old Shane Corry. The company produces its own viral videos for social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook under the Facts brand.

The firm also acts a ‘multi-channel network’ – a talent scout of sorts for online influences – that advises content creators in exchange for taking a cut of their revenues.

Creative Nation, which has at least two dozen full-time staff on its books, grew the Facts brand to 1.3 million subscribers on YouTube.

The channel also amassed a significant fan base on social media, including more than 140,000 Facebook followers, with its viral videos, most of which depict Irish people sampling foreign foods.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGHX-FHOuA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGHX-FHOuA</a>

Corry confirmed to Fora that he is “in the process of selling Creative Nation” but would not comment on the timeline nor the price he was seeking for the firm and its social media accounts.

The founder also confirmed that Creative Nation made the decision yesterday to stop producing videos for the Facts brand.

Corry said the channel had never turned a full-year profit and it had enjoyed only four profitable months over the three years of operation.

He added that, as a result, the Facts wing of the business is sitting on cumulative losses of over €400,000 and it had become progressively harder to earn significant advertising revenue on YouTube.

“The channel’s revenue per 1,000 views is down over 30% from the same period last year, this is similar if not better than what other YouTube creators are seeing,” Corry told Fora.

“Unfortunately we don’t see it as a viable business for us to continue investing in at the current time.”

The most recent set of accounts for Creative Nation McN Ltd show that the firm made a loss of just under €250,000 for 2016.

This pushed accumulated losses at the company into the red to the tune of nearly €47,000, despite it booking a €181,000 profit in 2015.

According to the accounts for 2016, the firm employed an average of 13 people that year, including three directors, and staff were paid an average of €35,000. Directors’ pay fell from more than €70,000 in 2015 to less than €45,000 in 2016.

But don't worry, our intrepid millennial has a new scam business in the works:

New company

Based on documents filed with the Companies Registration Office, Corry incorporated a new firm last year called Scexchange Limited.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he is chief executive of this new firm which is an Irish-based digital currency exchange service launched in December last year.

The description of the company states that Scexchange Limited will allow for instant exchange between digital currencies and the purchase of digital currencies using US dollars or euro via credit and debit cards.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #4333 on: March 11, 2018, 09:37:10 PM »
+1
Youtube billionaire goes bust; young idiot loses €400,000 of his parents' money.

https://fora.ie/youtube-facts-channel-closing-3888806-Mar2018/

'Not a viable business': Popular Irish YouTube channel Facts will be axed after losing €400k

The brand was set up by then 17-year-old Shane Corry in 2013.

THE FIRM BEHIND the Irish-founded YouTube channel Facts has axed staff working on the unprofitable video operation as its young founder prepares to sell off the parent company and its assets.

Creative Nation, a Dublin-based firm, was founded in 2013 by then 17-year-old Shane Corry. The company produces its own viral videos for social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook under the Facts brand.

The firm also acts a ‘multi-channel network’ – a talent scout of sorts for online influences – that advises content creators in exchange for taking a cut of their revenues.

Creative Nation, which has at least two dozen full-time staff on its books, grew the Facts brand to 1.3 million subscribers on YouTube.

The channel also amassed a significant fan base on social media, including more than 140,000 Facebook followers, with its viral videos, most of which depict Irish people sampling foreign foods.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGHX-FHOuA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LGHX-FHOuA</a>

Corry confirmed to Fora that he is “in the process of selling Creative Nation” but would not comment on the timeline nor the price he was seeking for the firm and its social media accounts.

The founder also confirmed that Creative Nation made the decision yesterday to stop producing videos for the Facts brand.

Corry said the channel had never turned a full-year profit and it had enjoyed only four profitable months over the three years of operation.

He added that, as a result, the Facts wing of the business is sitting on cumulative losses of over €400,000 and it had become progressively harder to earn significant advertising revenue on YouTube.

“The channel’s revenue per 1,000 views is down over 30% from the same period last year, this is similar if not better than what other YouTube creators are seeing,” Corry told Fora.

“Unfortunately we don’t see it as a viable business for us to continue investing in at the current time.”

The most recent set of accounts for Creative Nation McN Ltd show that the firm made a loss of just under €250,000 for 2016.

This pushed accumulated losses at the company into the red to the tune of nearly €47,000, despite it booking a €181,000 profit in 2015.

According to the accounts for 2016, the firm employed an average of 13 people that year, including three directors, and staff were paid an average of €35,000. Directors’ pay fell from more than €70,000 in 2015 to less than €45,000 in 2016.

But don't worry, our intrepid millennial has a new scam business in the works:

New company

Based on documents filed with the Companies Registration Office, Corry incorporated a new firm last year called Scexchange Limited.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he is chief executive of this new firm which is an Irish-based digital currency exchange service launched in December last year.

The description of the company states that Scexchange Limited will allow for instant exchange between digital currencies and the purchase of digital currencies using US dollars or euro via credit and debit cards.

I thought the whole deal of starting a personal business as a young person was not to immediately funnel all your parents' money into it and spend it on irrelevent crap?

Maybe it's because when I say "Personal business" I don't mean "Tactic to avoid getting a real job".

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #4334 on: March 12, 2018, 02:58:30 AM »
+7
The only way to make money off YT is to keep costs really low, that's the whole point of the operation. You can still put out a quality product with a guy who is helping you out with video and sound a few hours a week.

What the fuck do they need two dozen people on staff for?
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

Cis Hetfield

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
Re: &quot;I am Generation Y&quot;
« Reply #4335 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
+11
They probably aped the Buzzfeed model and considered all the quirky millennials in their videos staff, giving them a desk to browse facebook all day at while they came up with such rich content as “Irish people try American barbecue!”

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
« Reply #4336 on: April 30, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
+2
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/9ca4f7c6-d2c3-4e25-862c-03aed9ec1082

People are getting surgery to look like their Snapchat selfies

It’s called ‘Snapchat dysmorphia’ - and it’s on the rise

According to new research from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, 55% of facial plastic surgeons in 2017 saw patients who wanted surgery to help them look better in selfies, compared to just 13% in 2013. The study also found that 56% of surgeons surveyed saw an increase in clients under the age of 30.

People have long come to cosmetic surgeons bearing photos of celebrities they want to look like. Now, they’re bringing in photos of themselves.

Kacie, 29, is one woman opting for cosmetic procedures to look more like her filtered selfies. Her biggest concern was how her boyfriend would feel seeing her in person after receiving her selfies all day (she sends about 50 Snaps a day in total, and updates her Instagram stories around 10 to 15 times a day).

“I would do flower crowns or the doggy nose, and I would look so cute in the photos. Then I would look at myself in the mirror, and think, ‘Ugh, this isn’t the person he is seeing on his screen all day,'" says Kacie. “I would get frustrated when I looked in the mirror, feeling like I didn’t look like the person I was putting into the world.

“With Snapchat filters, I felt I was beautiful. I just needed a push to get there.”

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4337 on: April 30, 2018, 09:39:37 AM »
+6
I use Snapchat to send pictures of my cats to my wife and her sister at random

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Better dead than red Lithuanian Ave Maria Seaman (lol) cold, dead hands old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4338 on: April 30, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »
+3
The last few profile pics my ex used on FB have been heavily filtered. It's pretty funny how much they don't look anything like her.

Virtue Signalman First Class

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards  Lahinguväljal näeme, raisk! Classicist Drinkin' and Postin' old Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #4339 on: May 01, 2018, 04:40:24 AM »
+4
I feel really old, I don't even know what stuff like Snapchat and WhatsApp are for  :myecred:
But I do often point out that I write both science fiction and fantasy. It’s just that the science fiction is usually titled ‘technical proposal’ and the fantasy is titled ‘budget proposal.’

- Jordin Kare

blasting_asshole

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Faggot
    • Awards
« Reply #4340 on: May 01, 2018, 07:49:11 AM »
+6
WhatsApp is basically a messenger with more ~pizzazz~ and overall features.

Snapchat is so you can see new pics of Demi Lovato's ass and titties every day. Sometimes multiple times a day.

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #4341 on: May 01, 2018, 12:50:56 PM »
+5
I feel really old, I don't even know what stuff like Snapchat and WhatsApp are for  :myecred:
This must be what getting old feels like.
His name was Harry Anderson

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #4342 on: May 01, 2018, 01:05:03 PM »
+3
They're for people with social lives and useless for everyone else.

Gentilen't

• Enemy Of The State
  • ☞ ͡°ل͜ ͡°☞
  • Awards Better dead than red Deplorables Autistic Scrooge Anonymous United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #4343 on: May 01, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
+9
"""""""""""""social""""""""""""""""lives'"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
please delete this

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #4344 on: May 01, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »
+6

It's like facebook.

It's for incredibly vain retards to try and one up eachother at living the most photogenic lives possible.

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO BED FOREVER

level 69 memelord

• Unperson
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the man’s fragmented urine stream.

Gentilen't

• Enemy Of The State
  • ☞ ͡°ل͜ ͡°☞
    • Awards
please delete this

Aran

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Doxxnet
  • Awards stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #4348 on: May 10, 2018, 11:37:47 PM »
+4
Never the hot oens

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Libertarian 420 Better dead than red Scrooge The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon old United Statesian cold, dead hands
    • Awards
« Reply #4349 on: May 10, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »
+5
til: azns not as immune to hebrew poz as I thought.