;

Author Topic: redditors.txt  (Read 1216845 times)

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: redditors.txt
« Reply #8625 on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
+1
[]Schizopelte [score hidden] 3 hours ago62
McConnell's plan is what I call the "Harkonnen Gambit".

For context, in the science fiction novel Dune, the evil Baron Harkonnen installs his despotic, universally reviled nephew Rabban as the ruler of the planet Arrakis. His plan is to let things get so bad that the people of Arrakis rise up, at which point the baron will sacrifice Rabban and replace him with his favorite nephew, Feyd-Rautha, positioning the new ruler as the one who saved Arrakis from tyrrany, thus ensuring that Arrakis will love its new Harkonnen despot.

In McConnell's case, he's capitalizing on the fact that Trump claimed responsibility for the shutdown (on camera!) like the fucking moron he is. Now all McConnell has to do is wait for things to get super bad, to the point where Trump's approval starts to tank even among Republicans. At that point he can pass whatever bill Congress can agree on, override Trump's inevitable veto, and effectively cut Trump off at the knees. Then Pence can move forward with 25'ing Trump, and McConnell and Pence will be hailed as saviors by right wing media.

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #8626 on: January 13, 2019, 07:53:54 PM »
+11
At least it's not fucking Harry Potter yet again.

Bitter Weirdo

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands Californian old
    • Awards
« Reply #8627 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
+3
I wish there was a way to frame all sociopolitical discussion in terms of Chuck Tingle literature.

a torrent of piss

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • Pineapple and Ham
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #8628 on: January 14, 2019, 03:11:37 AM »
I always preferred Hyperion or Rama to Dune.

Rama and Rama II should be read together. I know the game mixes both books together because of the reveal. But fun fact Arthur C Clarke appears in an FMV sequence in the game at the end. He lived long enough to be digitally recorded into a computer game.

Nasekuchen

• Unperson
  • Alconauts
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' The Gentry For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables United Statesian old
    • Awards
« Reply #8629 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:01 PM »
+8
I wish there was a way to frame all sociopolitical discussion in terms of Chuck Tingle literature.

Pocahontas'd in the Butt by All The Presidents Men

anti-pibble machine

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #8630 on: January 20, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
+5

asip

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist United Statesian Deplorables You Shall Not Pass!
    • Awards
« Reply #8631 on: January 20, 2019, 10:08:54 AM »
+5
lol @ 5 (five) years and $500m

GameDev Grade Dildo

• Cishet White Male
  • I'm going to assume you are black and didndonuffin
    • Awards
« Reply #8632 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:22 AM »
+8
Reddit/politics should rebrand itself a "universe" because it's the biggest collection of galaxy brains in existence:

If true, impeachment soon begins.

-Robert Reich, not known for making rash statements.

If Robert Reich is saying things like that, it makes me hopeful it will actually happen. I'd be a lot more hopeful if they had enough to take down Pence too first though, because that guy is organized enough to do serious damage when he takes office.

I feel like if Trump is impeached and compromised they shouldn't be allowed to put Pence in. He is clearly part of this, just by being VP

I think impeachment should start with Pence. I feel like it's Mueller's trap card and he's going to surprise everyone by taking that motherfucker down first. Then pelosi moves up, then impeach mango Mussolini. President pelosi (not my first choice but she's growing on me, I'm so-so on her though until I do my research) would just add insult to injury.

That's not how succession works, though. If the Vice President leaves office, the President nominates a new VP for Congressional confirmation (25th Amendment). The Speaker of the House only assumes the presidency if both the VP and POTUS are vacant (Presidential Succession Act of 1947).
Simpler answer then is to file impeachment for all of them at the same time.

My girlfriends mom suggested that she should appoint Hillary as her VP and step down so Hillary can be president. I had to stop myself from telling her that's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life. I settled for telling her that I think that would be the most reliable way to start a civil war.

OZMA CURES HAM

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Seaman (lol) Lithuanian cold, dead hands Better dead than red old Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting. Ave Maria
    • Awards
« Reply #8633 on: January 20, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
+3

$500mil plus another $500B to fund all that bullshit.

walrus rape strategy

• Unperson
  • Awards Deplorables Drinkin' and Postin' The Gentry cold, dead hands KURWA Libertarian Scrooge Better dead than red United Statesian old
    • Awards
« Reply #8634 on: January 20, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
+5
Idiot Reddit post.

Wow, everything you want for 1/10 of what we want! That sounds like a hell of a deal!

*faaaaarrrrttttttzzzzzzz*

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #8635 on: January 20, 2019, 01:09:09 PM »
+6
3 year automatic citizenship for illegals, including those convicted of crimes as long as they aren't violent, roflmao

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #8636 on: January 20, 2019, 09:15:10 PM »
+5
Fund the entire liberal social justice agenda and give the Most Money For Dem Programs and 11 million new citizens to sign up for them all, as well as a siren call for new caravans to form.

What could possibly go wrong? :tuss:

Irredeemable Forums Villain

• Domestic Threat
  • Crazed Anime Racist
    • blacked.com
    • Awards
« Reply #8637 on: January 20, 2019, 11:09:05 PM »
+5
The only time I think such a political deal worked out was when someone offered Chief Listerine a bottle of firewater and a sack of shiny beads for the entirety of his ancestral homelands.
Can someone please ID that fucking troon for me so I may begin twitter bullying him?

Hitlorr The Obniggerator

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #8638 on: Today at 01:57:11 AM »
+5
I especially love the "carbon tax" part

"gibs me dats but also dont make more dats"