;

Author Topic: GBS > Woman in Lincoln, NE assaulted in her apartment, left to burn  (Read 5273 times)

Eugene Bullard

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3497671

Possible hate crime sets off bullshit alarms, even for goons, because of similarity to other faked attacks. Goons freak out, propose toxx, but balk when the same is proposed to them. Hysterics, goonrage, etc. It's late, so this is a shitty OP. Read it yourself.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: GBS > Woman in Lincoln, NE assaulted in her apartment, left to burn
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:27 AM »
Read the thread the other day. Slo-tek made an innocuous comment about how he wouldn't be surprised if it was a hoax, considering all the other hoaxes recently involving disfigurement/carving in letters.

I'm in the same camp. Everything about the crime seems strange. As dramatic, clear-cut evidence of a hate crime as possible in the middle of a flurry of activity around a proposed vote? By three masked men who knew of her sexual orientation, who hated her in particular so much that they were going to break into her house and torture and kill her, and made sure to spraypaint "We Found u Dyke" on the walls.

Come on. Every other hate crime has usually been found based off of the victim testimony ('they called me faggot while they beat the shit out of me'), or surrounding some other evidence like the recent shooting of a lesbian couple in Texas. I can't think of anything that's been as dramatic as this.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old TNE Veteran Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
I refuse to go past the first page, but I saw slo-tek got a red title assigned over this one.

Quote from: SomeDumbAssGoon
I am so MAD!  Let me spend $5 to let you know that!!  Take that you cisgendered creatin!!!

Slo-Tek
Title: YOU WERE MUTILATED AND BEATEN AND HAD YOUR HOUSE WAS SET ON FIRE? WELL I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SEE SOME PROOF OF THAT, YOU'RE PROBABLY FAKING IT

Edit:  I went to the last pages to look for developments and saw this exchange between two goons:

Quote from: Petr posted:
Quote from: Jose Mengelez posted:
I didn't assume the victim was lying, If you're going to criticise my posts please actually read them.
It doesn't matter if you yourself did or not, your comparison was directed at people objecting to posts assuming she was lying.

Goons: Proving that is actually is possible to Divide by Zero.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:32:46 PM by BubbaCat »

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 06:21:49 PM »
"This is NOT okay" in the first fucking post.

Yes, we know it's not okay faggot. Where do these phrases come from?

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards Something Wonderful cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »
I refuse to go past the first page, but I saw slo-tek got a red title assigned over this one.

Quote from: SomeDumbAssGoon
I am so MAD!  Let me spend $5 to let you know that!!  Take that you cisgendered creatin!!!

Slo-Tek
Title: YOU WERE MUTILATED AND BEATEN AND HAD YOUR HOUSE WAS SET ON FIRE? WELL I'M GOING TO HAVE TO SEE SOME PROOF OF THAT, YOU'RE PROBABLY FAKING IT

lol it's actually 10 dollars to change someone else's avatar and 5 to change your own. tbh it's probably one of the most ingenious systems ever because it relies on the fact that nerds will piss away money on anything, especially for the opportunity to be passive aggressive and get the last word in.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »
of course rape has to get brought up:

in regards to police saying there was no signs of forced entry--

Quote from: Obsoletely Fabulous
Because 3 people couldn't push open an answered door the rest of the way. What the fuck is your problem? Do you also claim women wouldn't get raped if they didn't dress like sluts? Or do you go with regretted having consensual sex?

Quote from: Ytlaya
^^^^ Also what this guy is saying. Having people immediately react with doubt towards the victim is something that causes actual, real harm. It's equivalent to people who immediately ask "is she lying?" when a girl claims to be a rape victim.

Quote from: OneWhoKnows
Quick question: When you hear or read a story about a woman being raped, are one of your first thoughts, "Was she dressed like a slut?"

Quote from: Jose Mengelez
For the record I openly support gay rights and unlike the op wholeheartedly do give a fuck if someone has a problem with that. I'm just afraid that a hoax would be fantastic propaganda for the morality brigade to present themselves as 'innocent victims' of some kind of machiavellian chicanery again. The same way every false rape accusation covered heavily in the media does aggregate harm to all women. There are bad people who would happily capitalise on this being revealed a hoax, especially in light of how the LGBT community have rallied in its wake.

second class internet citizen's second postulate: any thread that discusses human beings on GBS must include either some form of racism accusation or relate the topic to rape and victim-blaming.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut United Statesian Bah Jaysus!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
The funny thing is why anyone even bothers posting in a thread like this if they are going to say anything other than the groupthink. It's like a honeypot so the activists can have a strawman to beat up.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:51 PM »
Jose Mengelez was eventually banned for not comparing it enough to rape and victim blaming:

Why do you people seem to think I want this to be a hoax? Serious question.

Even if this was a hoax I'd expect the victim to receive just as much sympathy as if those wounds weren't self inflicted that's almost as awful but at least that's a problem that could be treated and see some kind of resolution. If it's just another horrendous hate crime then I'll probably never see an end to that in my lifetime.

Sometimes that's just a little too much to bear, I'm holding out to the hope that this nebraska town isn't the hellhole it seems and that this doesn't become some abhorrent fox news talking point used to discredit future victims.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

and of course he re-registered right afterwards. jesus christ people, it's 2012 there's plenty of alternatives to posting on SA stop paying just to get banned. goons are so fucking dumb they don't realize how retarded it is that they pay to post on a website (within vaguely set content guidelines) when there's plenty of others out there.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Awards old TNE Veteran Anonymous Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »
second class internet citizen's second postulate: any thread that discusses human beings on GBS must include either some form of racism accusation or relate the topic to rape and victim-blaming.

You forgot mccarthyism claims toward any person mentioning of LGBT that is not part of a circle jerk of support.  They are the reason the rethuglicans will always run the US independent of majority.

I want to add "machiavellian chicanery" in some way to my title.  Gonna check into it.  Add in "penultumate" and "whilst," and we have the gold standard in goontalk.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
Jose Mengelez was eventually banned for not comparing it enough to rape and victim blaming:

Why do you people seem to think I want this to be a hoax? Serious question.

Even if this was a hoax I'd expect the victim to receive just as much sympathy as if those wounds weren't self inflicted that's almost as awful but at least that's a problem that could be treated and see some kind of resolution. If it's just another horrendous hate crime then I'll probably never see an end to that in my lifetime.

Sometimes that's just a little too much to bear, I'm holding out to the hope that this nebraska town isn't the hellhole it seems and that this doesn't become some abhorrent fox news talking point used to discredit future victims.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

and of course he re-registered right afterwards. jesus christ people, it's 2012 there's plenty of alternatives to posting on SA stop paying just to get banned. goons are so fucking dumb they don't realize how retarded it is that they pay to post on a website (within vaguely set content guidelines) when there's plenty of others out there.

This completely disgusts me.  The guy takes a con approach to a topic, and he still wished nothing but the best for the accuser, and he still gets banned?  That is one of the most f'd up examples I have ever seen quoted here.  That site is absolutely insane now.  As for the re-reg, come on, it's where the smartest people go on the internet.  where will I ever find social peers anywhere else?  And being that I am a betafag who knows nothing but submission, getting kicked and paying for more is a standard goon attribute.

Edit:  I think I got this link here, but this is why people should be skeptical to claims like these and why women should not instantly fall into the victim category.  A blog of nothing but verified news stories of men who were railroaded on false rape claims: http://falserapesociety.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:03:01 PM by BubbaCat »

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper TNE Veteran For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Libertarian
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
I think my banning has to be the worst in SA history. I did the exact opposite of what I was accused of and people were like, "Uhh, Lowtax... did you see what he did?" And word was Lowtax never changes his mind on a banning, even when he is wrong.

:obama:

But I look back and laugh at myself for getting pissed off about it. Isnoop and Integral both kind of apologized for Lowtax, though. That was funny.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
http://www.shewired.com/soapbox/2012/07/27/lesbian-attacked-alleged-nebraska-hate-crime-speaks-openly-detractors

still skeptical about everything. i doubt it's going to ever be conclusively proved false, but i'm sure that the three nondescript masked men of whom no other description is known will never be found. has there ever been any attack that's even as close to this level of obvious hate crime?

also does anyone remember when that woman in washington splashed acid on herself and faked it? does everyone remember how many goons jumped to expressing their skepticism about how this cisgendered pretty straight white woman would have this happen to her and it was probably fake? oh irony

Spokker

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »
Why would someone attack a lesbian? That's some phase chicks go through. Just leave them alone and it'll wear off. I'm joking, of course.

But whatever happened with that lesbian couple killed in Texas? Did they ever figure out motive? They want it so badly to be a hate crime, implying they would care less if it was not a hate crime: http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2012/07/05/oped-hate-could-be-motive-tragedy-hit-texas

Funny thing about this Advocate article is that they commit some anti-racist faux pas when talking about their gay shit. "What made this tragedy more chilling was that it occurred at Violet Andrews Park, which is in an upper-middle-class suburb of Corpus Christi." Anti-racists would jump on you for something like that because it implies violence in less well-to-do communities is normal, haha.

Anyway, I remember when some tranny got set on fire in Detroit and the Yuck Brigade quickly spread the word to "NOT BURN US" and deemed it a hate crime without any evidence. Turns out the well-done tranny was not killed because she was transgendered, but because she had a personal beef with her killer. The motive was retaliation because the tranny was an informant.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 11:07:19 PM by Spokker »

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 04:32:25 AM »
Faker than a tranny's vag.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »
AHAHAHA IT WAS FAKE SHE'S GETTING CHARGED
http://www.klkntv.com/story/19331547/breaking-news-arrest-warrant-issued-for-alleged-hate-crime-victim?clienttype=printable
Breaking News: Arrest Warrant issued for alleged hate crime victim

Posted: Aug 21, 2012 1:09 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 21, 2012 2:21 PM EDT

Charlie Rogers
By: KLKN Newsroom
8@klkntv.com

Breaking News from the Channel 8 Eyewitness Newsroom. The Lancaster County Attorney has issued an arrest warrant for Charlie Rogers, the alleged hate crime victim, for false reporting.

Authorities say they will charge a Nebraska woman with making false statements to police after she claimed last month that three men broke into her Lincoln home, carved anti-gay slurs into her skin and tried to light her house on fire.

Court documents say the doctor who examined Rogers said the cuts were self-inflicted. Also, a Lincoln Hardware store employee told investigators that Rogers purchased the gloves, zip ties, and utility knife at the hardware store.

Lancaster County Attorney Joe Kelly says a judge issued an arrest warrant Tuesday for the 33-year-old Rogers, of Lincoln. Police had spent weeks investigating the case as a hate crime, saying it appeared to be motivated by anti-gay bias.

Rogers told police she was attacked by three masked men July 19. She reportedly crawled from her house, naked, bleeding and screaming for help. Details about the case spread rapidly on the Internet and prompted a rally that drew hundreds of people outside the Nebraska Capitol.

Rogers is a former Husker Basketball player.

We'll have more on this story tonight at 5, 6 & 10.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3502749

SA thread. calling it now that it's going to be a fucking circlejerk of w-w-w-well you're an awful person for thinking it was fake anyway and probably a sociopath!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:27:19 PM by 2nd Class Internet Citizen »

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »

Looking at the picture, you'd have to believe her story.  Sorry guys.  She is the victim of a hate crime.  You won't convince me otherwise.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
Quote from: jerrylee
I want to see more substantiation, like what characteristics of the wounds make them seem self-inflicted and whether other experts will agree with that, and how exactly some random hardware store mook remembers one specific woman buying some pretty unmemorable (before the alleged crime) items.

Yes, how could old-fashioned, thorough crime investigation and forensically trained experts come to such a conclusion?  I mean I rarely remember seeing amazonian dykes buying only crime-related items in my hardware store that passes out receipts, tracks transactions, and has security cameras.

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful The Gentry Prepper TNE Veteran For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Wounded in the line of posting. Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon Libertarian
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 04:33:29 PM »
It's elementary school logic, dear Fatson.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
ahahaahahahaha
Quote from: Zophar
An arrest is not a conviction. A lot of people are forgetting that.

Quote from: Dyatlov Bass
Is it crazy to find it equally hard to believe that the woman was seriously mentally disturbed and self-mutilated/bound herself as it is that some web of conspiracy is in place that is trying to discredit her?

Not to say that the latter is the case, but Christ alive, this is just a warrant for her arrest, and yet nearly every post in this thread so far has already arrived at the verdict that, not only is she guilty of fabricating this whole thing, but she did this with the motivations of a healthy sane person, and is therefore reprehensible. At this point, even if a judge and jury comes away with the conclusion she needs to be put in a straight jacket, it's you people who are fucking sick.

and as well as 1000 times of well she is clearly insane and shouldn't be punished.

Harry D Greek

• Cishet White Male
  • http://i.imgur.com/U2hZuN9.png
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 06:05:09 PM »
 :reagan: Hahaha, great news. I love seeing some holier than thou Goons eat some crow.
Quote from: a man with an asymmetrical haircut
This was posted on the page before, but I was only able to catch up on this thread now. I'd like to point out that not all lesbian relationships have two vaginas, and it really sucks as a queer trans woman to hear this sort of generalization all the time.

Quote from: Vargo
Just realized Billy Oceans "get out of my dreams (and into my car)" is pretty blatantly about street harassment

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 08:58:39 PM »
Quote from: JerryLee
Please tell me what's "reasonable" about assuming that an alleged victim of a hate crime is faking it, before any evidence is out to that effect  :allears:

The fact that it's shaken out this way doesn't necessarily mean that anyone who jumped to that conclusion isn't a bag of poo poo.

Got a frontal lobe? You're a bag of shit!  :christina:

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 09:04:30 PM »
Dont be ridiculous, theres always someone or something else to blame.

How in the name of gently caress are you ignorant reactionary pieces of poo poo angry at this woman and not the complete negligence of the US government in providing baseline acceptable standards of mental health care to its citizens?
Have to echo the quoteOP's sentiment here. People wouldn't have self-esteem issues (and therefore would not feel compelled to fabricate violent crimes) if we had adequate socialized healthcare that provided regular self-affirmation services.

edit: Or are you saying that being gay is a mental illness? Not sure if that is what you meant, but I would have to strongly object to that.

A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 09:09:57 PM »
From about page 3 the goons really start shredding into each other and it's magical  :allears:

Page 4 it really starts poppin' fresh. Everyone come watch the retards fight in the ball pit!

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
Quote from: MonsterUnderYourBed
How in the name of gently caress are you ignorant reactionary pieces of poo poo angry at this woman and not the complete negligence of the US government in providing baseline acceptable standards of mental health care to its citizens?

:ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage:

I think MonsterUnderYourBed posts in the troon threads btw  :allears:

Justice Dredd

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 09:50:32 PM »
Quote from: MonsterUnderYourBed

:ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage: :ultlibrage:

I think MonsterUnderYourBed posts in the troon threads btw  :allears:

naw not a troon, I checked the thread. the sheer amount of mental gymnastics goons go through is amazing. rogers is a fucking business owner, i'm sure she was capable of affording health insurance.