;

Author Topic: redditors.txt  (Read 715850 times)

Rocket

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Cosmonauts
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Motorcyclist Sasstronaut Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: redditors.txt
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
I would love to have a picture of that.
Yes, that is me on my Rocket Cycle with my enormous penis.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
i'm sure when she can't find a job in the civilian world, she'll blame all of her failings on the army and accuse them of kicking her out on the street with no resources despite free access to a nationwide care system and disability.

wimpb

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »
Someone please explain what the deal is with panic attacks and anxiety attacks. I'd never heard of this shit until the last few years and the only people I've heard it from are goons.

I get that being super anxious and nervous impairs your ability to do shit, I think we've all done public speaking and we've all choked at some point, but what the fuck is with having an anxiety attack and being unable to do mundane shit? Is this an actual thing or are goons are just fucking pussies?

brood

• Domestic Threat
  • keyboard cowboy
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »
Someone please explain what the deal is with panic attacks and anxiety attacks. I'd never heard of this shit until the last few years and the only people I've heard it from are goons.

I get that being super anxious and nervous impairs your ability to do shit, I think we've all done public speaking and we've all choked at some point, but what the fuck is with having an anxiety attack and being unable to do mundane shit? Is this an actual thing or are goons are just fucking pussies?

It's an actual thing.  The only thing that will help some people is medication.

On the other hand, goon anxiety is a result of over-analyzing minutiae and having no real responsibilities.

brolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »

It's an actual thing.  The only thing that will help some people is medication.

On the other hand, goon anxiety is a result of over-analyzing minutiae and having no real responsibilities.

It's a real for the very small percentage of people who have genuine problems. Goons are just acting out to avoid having to do something they don't want to do, like shower or go to work.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
I once saw a police officer I was beaten up and abused by the police for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Cishet White Male
  • Space Racists
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
I once saw a police officer I was beaten up and abused by the police for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And now have PTSD every time I see a police officer fucking pig.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Anonymous Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
I think you guys are one to something here.   :allears:

Find a goon perception, figure out the true reality, type the true reality, strike it, and then paste the goon quote.

This one time, I was asked for some spare change by a homeless man.  So I threw my wallet at him, ran away blowing my rape whistle, and had him arrested for assault So I bought him breakfast and ate with him, learning his fascinating life story.  I then gave him a lift to the homeless shelter, because giving them money only feeds their addictions.

brood

• Domestic Threat
  • keyboard cowboy
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:25 PM »
I think you guys are one to something here.   :allears:

Find a goon perception, figure out the true reality, type the true reality, strike it, and then paste the goon quote.

This one time, I was asked for some spare change by a homeless man.  So I threw my wallet at him, ran away blowing my rape whistle, and had him arrested for assault So I bought him breakfast and ate with him, learning his fascinating life story.  I then gave him a lift to the homeless shelter, because giving them money only feeds their addictions.

That's so privileged of you.  Just because someone is homeless doesn't mean they're not allowed to enjoy a vice.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Fagmin
  • Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Sasstronaut Anonymous Something Wonderful
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
+2

That's so privileged of you.  Just because someone is homeless doesn't mean they're not allowed to enjoy a vice.

I am sorry for othering you and setting off a trigger.  It was wrong and very insensitive of me.

OSI

• Cishet White Male
  • Grand Inquisitors
  • For Dixie's Land we'll make our stand
  • Awards Arizona Classicist TNE Veteran Soldier Ave Maria Prepper The Gentry cold, dead hands Fascist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:12 PM »
Any forum that is not explicitly right wing turns into a zomg social justice!!!!11 bullshit zone.

Here's a thread from a forum about writing:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257602

"Sex in mainstream YA: slut-shaming, double standards"

Nine pages of cultural marxist buzzwords and other assorted bullshit. Fascistcred++++ if you can make it through.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »
[–]ringsnmodules 201 points 2 hours ago
Agreed. I've been to rehab twice, the first time was ok, but only recently realizing I was an addict, and having people make fun of me for my drug of choice (cough syrup), it didn't really help that much. The second time was interrupted once after I was rushed to a hospital for suicidal thoughts, and then I left early after making an attempt.
Now, I'm close to 2 months clean, not going to NA, and have very few cravings. For me, and I can't stress enough how this is personal and may not be the case for everyone, I needed to find a way to express myself and something that I loved. I started writing. I've relapsed since I've started, but getting better and accepting that I'm not a great writer has made the biggest difference. For me, finding hobbies is a great therapy.

i legit laughed out loud at that one. how much of a pantywaste do you have to be that your 'drug of choice' is cough syrup?

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Fagmin
  • We don't need another hero
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist Took Down an Admin You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful Bah Jaysus! United Statesian Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »
[–]ringsnmodules 201 points 2 hours ago
Agreed. I've been to rehab twice, the first time was ok, but only recently realizing I was an addict, and having people make fun of me for my drug of choice (cough syrup), it didn't really help that much. The second time was interrupted once after I was rushed to a hospital for suicidal thoughts, and then I left early after making an attempt.
Now, I'm close to 2 months clean, not going to NA, and have very few cravings. For me, and I can't stress enough how this is personal and may not be the case for everyone, I needed to find a way to express myself and something that I loved. I started writing. I've relapsed since I've started, but getting better and accepting that I'm not a great writer has made the biggest difference. For me, finding hobbies is a great therapy.

i legit laughed out loud at that one. how much of a pantywaste do you have to be that your 'drug of choice' is cough syrup?

Now now, what's wrong the noble pursuit of Tussin out? :tuss:
I am a lifelong physically disabled person and I happily identify as “disabled”, a part of the “disability rights movement” and when I am with other disabled people, I call myself a “crip”.

armchair nazi

• Enemy Of The State
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »
probably tried killing himself when cvs ran out of cherry

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting Goon or Ex-Goon Better dead than red Strayan TNE Veteran
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2012, 04:38:30 AM »
aming, double standards"

Nine pages of cultural marxist buzzwords and other assorted bullshit. Fascistcred++++ if you can make it through.

I want my fascist cred but not that fucking badly, nigger.  :eminem:

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13z9x7/requested_a_refund_for_warz_today_check_out_the/

I fucking hate redditors, they're the stereotype of Gen Y. because this manchild can't wait for his zombie vidya game to come out, he has to buy access to the beta NOW NOW NOW. being a beta piece of software and not being advertised as anything more, it supposedly doesn't work on his computer system and he demands a refund. company says we told you it was a beta, if you get a refund now we're probably going to blacklist you now and don't want to do business with you in the future.

cue the crying to reddit about terrible customer service because the big baby couldn't wait for his vidya game, and for all the company knows he played the game and got bored of it and wants to get his money back.

pages of redditor tears and crying about business practices (as a vidya game consumer they obviously know all about vidya game business models) and whiining about how this will now be a company they will never do business with, which will probably end up like this because they have no discipline

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
One of the ex mods stated that they definitely intend to stop development without warning if certain profit margins aren't reached.
and deny me my rights? Im pretty sure the UN decided that quad cores and free beta access are universal human rights now
 :goonsay:

Well neither of those companies promise something they're not.

If you get a bad meal at Mc Donalds and you complain, They will generally offer you a refund or another meal.

McDonalds is unhealthy but they have good customer service generally.

This company is offering a shit product and shit customer service.

Most people don't know that you can return a burger at McDonalds for as little as the cheese being off center or the two pickles being on top of each other rather than side by side. Holding hands not shagging is the pickle mantra.

Welcome to goononomics 101, today we will be going over how to get free food from mcdonalds
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

Fade to Vanilla

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Kinda patronizing and cunty
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/13z9x7/requested_a_refund_for_warz_today_check_out_the/

I fucking hate redditors, they're the stereotype of Gen Y. because this manchild can't wait for his zombie vidya game to come out, he has to buy access to the beta NOW NOW NOW. being a beta piece of software and not being advertised as anything more, it supposedly doesn't work on his computer system and he demands a refund. company says we told you it was a beta, if you get a refund now we're probably going to blacklist you now and don't want to do business with you in the future.

cue the crying to reddit about terrible customer service because the big baby couldn't wait for his vidya game, and for all the company knows he played the game and got bored of it and wants to get his money back.

pages of redditor tears and crying about business practices (as a vidya game consumer they obviously know all about vidya game business models) and whiining about how this will now be a company they will never do business with, which will probably end up like this because they have no discipline

i guess I'm really out of the loop, but this guy was charged $30 for a beta copy of a game? isn't that a bit steep? 

i can't really see wisdom in a company using a business model that tries to recoup development costs by charging fees during pre-launch testing.  it doesn't happen in my industry at all; the company picks up the whole tab for any development work it does with customers.

e: well, i suppose some industries may be able to get away with it, especially if the customers are idiots and willing to pay ~50% of retail cost for a buggy prototype.

imagine installing 4 beta prototypes of the game on your server.  a copy of the first revision is made to the hard drive, replacing the first copy.  the first copy becomes the second copy; and so on until the fourth copy is bumped into the recycle bin.

game development works the same way.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:09:20 PM by Fade to Vanilla »

Goddamnit E/N.

wimpb

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »
+1
It's going to be free to play, the $30 gets him access to the beta and content after the game comes out.

Lot of free to play mmos are doing it now. A lot of them are terrible, but gamers are a retarded bunch so it works.

disclaimer: I paid $10 to get access to a f2p game in beta, but only after playing a (non-buggy) trial and enjoying it.

Fade to Vanilla

• Cishet White Male
  • Goon Institute
  • Kinda patronizing and cunty
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2012, 11:06:48 PM »
It's going to be free to play, the $30 gets him access to the beta and content after the game comes out.

Lot of free to play mmos are doing it now. A lot of them are terrible, but gamers are a retarded bunch so it works.

disclaimer: I paid $10 to get access to a f2p game in beta, but only after playing a (non-buggy) trial and enjoying it.

Ah, thanks then.  I'm a luddite with MMOs and d/l content so I am more clueless than usual about this.  $10 isn't bad at all.  $30? Well, it would have to be pretty close to perfect for that.

Goddamnit E/N.

wimpb

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »
Most of the enjoyment of F2P games comes from typing nigger in the chat and making retarded mom jokes whenever people call you racist.

Muttonfingers

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »
I dunno if any of the free MMOs allow any avenues to relentlessly murder a particular person over and over but that would require spending time on an mmo so fuck it.

brolonium

• Cishet White Male
  • Alconauts
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 07:01:18 AM »

Ah, thanks then.  I'm a luddite with MMOs and d/l content so I am more clueless than usual about this.  $10 isn't bad at all.  $30? Well, it would have to be pretty close to perfect for that.
It's a product he's free to buy or not as his whim takes him. It could be a hundred thousand dollars, or one cent. It was still his choice to enter into that transaction. As long as the terms of the contract were set out and both parties agreed, and both sides have held up their end of the bargain I don't see what he has to complain about.

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
1148 upvotes
I don't know why we complicate an exceptionally easy process. (quickmeme.com)
submitted 6 hours ago by ByzantineBasileus to AdviceAnimals
307 commentssharesavehidereport
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rzdgw/

redditors agree that it's harder to map out the courtship rituals of the female members of the human species than act 3 in diablo.

quotes from op:

I don't know why we complicate an exceptionally easy process. by ByzantineBasileusin AdviceAnimals
[–]ByzantineBasileus 6 points 2 hours ago* (32|24)
I meant we in terms of humanity.
Sometimes women rely too much on body-language/flirting to attract a guy, and sometimes guys rely too much on interpreting or anaylzing behaviour/body language in order to find out what a girl is thinking.
So both genders take a simple process (expressing interest), and complicate it.
Edit: to those who are downvoting, what exactly is it about merely fucking explaining the rationale behind a title that is such a great abomination? If I were a truly trying to create a false impression, then why would I actually take the time to clarify what I meant?

I don't know why we complicate an exceptionally easy process. by ByzantineBasileusin AdviceAnimals
[–]ByzantineBasileus 2 points 1 hour ago (2|0)
Why play a game that is broken to begin with? All the misunderstandings and trouble resulting from misreading or overlooking body language could have been avoided just through straight-forward honesty.
permalinkcontextfull commentsreportgive gold

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 12:44:26 PM by 2nd Class Internet Citizen »

LITERALLY A RAPIST

• Cishet White Male
  • Original Patients
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2012, 07:06:23 PM »
/r/atheism is goony as fuck as expected. this one's long but full of rambling about oppression by christians because you have to say the pledge of allegiance when you're six and the word god is on the dollar bill.

The past several days have seen a big uptrend in attacking /r/atheism and atheist redditors. Good Guy Greg has famously weighed in, but that's far from the only example. Here's one I just came across today. The list goes on, and the arguments against us sound a similar theme, to wit:
/r/atheism is full of assholes who won't shut up.

It's that last part - that we won't shut up - that's the sticking point. From an angry outsider's perspective, we're just a bunch of know-it-all jerks who want to stick our noses in other peoples' business and piss on their beliefs. We're the ultimate trolls, raining on everyone else's parade for no reason other than we're huge dickheads.
But what these folks are missing (besides, y'know, logic) is that we're not merely pointing out their retarded convictions out of spite. And we're certainly not upset just because we disagree with their point of view. The problem is that religion - and in the Western world (the U.S. especially), that would be squarely on the shoulders of Christianity - has been so much more than simply another way of looking at the world. It has been a tool of ignorance, hate, rape, slavery, murder and genocide. And in current times, it bombards us (again, especially in the U.S.) with an unceasing shower of judgment, scorn and bullying. Religion creeps into our schools, our fucking science classes even. It makes itself home in our politics, our social views, our very laws. Those who adhere to religion FORCE their beliefs on the rest of us, from the Pledge of Allegiance, to testifying in court, to our currency, to the fucking Cub Scouts. Religion has wormed its tentacles into every facet of our daily lives, often to cruel degrees.

Thanks to religion, our social norms dictate what entertainment we can and can't consume. Thanks to religion, our political leaders feel obligated to thank GOD as our savior. Thanks to religion, my son can't openly admit at Cub Scouts that he thinks the idea of worshipping a god ("Poseidon", to use his example) is just silly. Thanks to religion, countless people die every day in third world conflicts, and in developed countries, folks still have to worry about coming out, or dating outside their race, or questioning moral authorities. Most U.S. states still ban gay marriage, and most fail to specifically make gay adoption legal. Hell, we only let gays serve in the military openly this year. Thanks to religion.
So when someone rolls their eyes and tells you to get over it, remind them how full of shit they are. Our waking lives are policed, lawyered, goverened and judged nonstop by the effects of two thousand heavyhanded years of Christianity, and those who don't think that still holds true in our modern day haven't got a clue. You can't even buy a beer on certain days in certain places thanks to religion. It infests us and our society like a cancer. But because most people like this particular cancer, they don't see the problem. And when we get pissy about it all, they call us jerks and whine about their beliefs.

Well, fuck them. I hate living in a zealous world, and I hate having to constantly play by their bullshit, fairytale rules. If I need to vent once in a while about yet another right-wing religious leader banging some guy in a motel room, or yet another church cover-up of child rape, or yet another religious special interest interfering with my political system while simultaneously receiving tax-exempt status, it's not because I'm being mean where their "beliefs" are concerned. It's because I choose to use my goddamn brain, and when I open my eyes, the world I see pisses me off. If they could form a critical, independent thought, they'd feel the same fucking way.

Edit: Whoa. I banged this out at the end of the day in a flurry of pent up anger. I had no idea it would elicit this kind of response. Your kind words are sincerely moving and uplifting, and those of you who have commented positively have my genuine gratitiude. Those of you who have offered serious criticism will receive my undivided attention as soon as my kids go to bed. And those of you who just chimed in to spout stupid shit can eat my balls. :)
6-MONTH UPDATE: I've continued to receive messages regarding this post, most of which have been thoughtful and complimentary. But others... As such, I should point out something which I had not considered important before, but which has come up in responses I've received: I am 38, and self-identified as an atheist long before discovering reddit, before many current redditors were even born. I've been accused of coming by my atheism because of reddit, and the Internet in general, which isn't an altogether unfair assumption. But for anyone who believes rejection of religion and spiritual belief is merely a result of being online, please give atheists more credit than that. I can only speak for myself, but I imagine I'm certainly not the only one to embrace non-religion prior to finding reddit, or independent from it. Resources like reddit, and the broad scope of information the Internet provides, can be hugely beneficial in learning and understanding. But even in this day and age, they are far from the only means of education. All it takes is an average mind and a bit of simple reasoning to realize that supernatural tales and religious dogma are, at best, delusional and contradictory. I love reddit, but it had nothing to do with my atheism, which I defend proudly.

Theists: please do not think that a website is responsible for widespread cultural shifts, particularly regarding such deeply held beliefs as religion. The Internet, even an awesome site like reddit, is but a tool. It can be used, abused or ignored. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes harmful, sometimes just a distraction.
It all depends on the individual, as these things always have.